GGT 173 Finished A "Visual Novel" and is Ready For The Hard Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunplay did feel weaker in the ME3 demo compared to ME2. Like, that first clip you let off in ME2 feels great, and the robots fall apart in a beautiful mess. Let the overheated clip pop out and listen to that hissssss....ohh baby.

ME3 feels kind of like ME1 in comparison...just a weaker sense of umph on the gunplay.

ME3 basically looks like ME1.5. Look at the flunkies you get to drag around. Nobody wants Ashley or Kaidan.

Real talk, if I could've sent them both to their deaths in Mass Effect, I would've.

Yeah it's bizarre they won't just drop them from the games. The first thing that greets me in both ME2 and ME3 are the worst characters in the history of game creation.

[quote name='panzerfaust']The first thing that greets me in both ME2 and ME3 are the worst characters in the history of game creation.[/QUOTE]

Not while this thing exists:

200px-Elena_Street_Fighter.jpg

[quote name='seanr1221']Hey, I'm only in week 8 ;)

What program did you do/start with?

Maybe I'll start doing some pushups when I watch the news in the morning. Thanks for the tip![/QUOTE]

I have this standard that people who want to get into lifting should follow.

100 push ups
100 body squats
100 sit ups
20 pull ups

An in shape person should be able to do the follow in less than 6 minutes. Anyone that 'thinks' they are weight lifting worthy should do this in less than 5 minutes. Work on those 4 things first before trying to lift weights. Why? It sets a foundation and improves your body's endurance to resistance. Plus it is a great beginners workout that actually helps.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Mass Effect 3 is gonna be so fucking bad[/QUOTE]

Must have not gotten the Kinect version.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Like, that first clip you let off in ME2 feels great, and the robots fall apart in a beautiful mess. Let the overheated clip pop out and listen to that hissssss....ohh baby.[/QUOTE]

I feel like this post was a double entendre.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Yeah it's bizarre they won't just drop them from the games. The first thing that greets me in both ME2 and ME3 are the worst characters in the history of game creation.[/QUOTE]
I stand by Ashley being a good character, in that I hate her as a person and if that's what Bioware was going for then they fucking nailed it.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I can't even take a shit in 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

I can't either. Wonder if there is a group talk for shitty problems.

[quote name='distgfx']Ahahaha, that's not going to happen in this lifetime.[/QUOTE]

That's mean.

Anyone else think that Ashley looks like a dude in ME3 and nothing like her ME1 counter-part?

[quote name='j-cart']I can't either. Wonder if there is a group talk for shitty problems.

Anyone else think that Ashley looks like a dude in ME3 and nothing like her ME1 counter-part?[/QUOTE]
I don't have a problem shitting. I just like to take my time and relax, read a book or something, not rush it. It's one of the few moments in life that most people won't bother you while you do it.

And yes, Ashley looks kinda masculine in ME3 and totally different than her ME1 look.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Yeah it's bizarre they won't just drop them from the games. The first thing that greets me in both ME2 and ME3 are the worst characters in the history of game creation.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about ME1. You're not even sure what you're greeted with in that game. Gotta wait for them textures to load.

[quote name='Halo05']I had a blast with Darksiders until I got to some dungeon that required too much thinking to navigate through it.[/QUOTE]

You probably shouldn't play the Portal games then (unless that isn't the dungeon you're talking about, because I don't remember having much trouble navigating any of them, but that one had a few annoying bits).

[quote name='icebeast']You probably shouldn't play the Portal games then (unless that isn't the dungeon you're talking about, because I don't remember having much trouble navigating any of them, but that one had a few annoying bits).[/QUOTE]
Straight Confession Talk:

I always thought Ocarina's forest temple was way harder than the water temple.

[quote name='The Crotch']I stand by Ashley being a good character, in that I hate her as a person and if that's what Bioware was going for then they fucking nailed it.[/QUOTE]

I really didn't find anything interesting about her as a character. Sure, she's a little bit racist, but that wasn't really compelling to me. I was just slightly annoyed by her.

Even Kaidan was more interesting than her with his whole biotic thing.

[quote name='ihadFG']I really didn't find anything interesting about her as a character. Sure, she's a little bit racist, but that wasn't really compelling to me. I was just slightly annoyed by her.

Even Kaidan was more interesting than her with his whole biotic thing.[/QUOTE]

... no.

Kaiden: "Hey baby, you remind me of some girl I knew back in biotic school, I want you and you want me right? (I promise to not yell her name while we're making love)."

Shepard: "Go die in a nuclear blast loser."

[quote name='icebeast']You probably shouldn't play the Portal games then (unless that isn't the dungeon you're talking about, because I don't remember having much trouble navigating any of them, but that one had a few annoying bits).[/QUOTE]

I had a blast with Portal 1 but I'm currently sort of stuck in Portal 2. I'll go back to it sometime soon.

In Darksiders, I just wanted a touch more God of War and a tiny bit less Zelda.

I'm stuck in some room with some cages and mirrors or somesuch foolishness. It has been awhile.

EDIT - And I still love Ashley for at least having the balls to put humans first.

[quote name='icebeast']... no.

Kaiden: "Hey baby, you remind me of some girl I knew back in biotic school, I want you and you want me right? (I promise to not yell her name while we're making love)."

Shepard: "Go die in a nuclear blast loser."[/QUOTE]

Well, luckily I didn't have to deal with that being a male Shepard.

I did have to deal with Ashley's weird eye shifting and grins though.

[quote name='Halo05']EDIT - And I still love Ashley for at least having the balls to put humans first.[/QUOTE]
It just seemed kind of... silly and out of place. Okay Ashley, you're a human nationalist. That's very cute. Now me and the 800 pound reptile with two hearts and the blue chick from the all-female-jedi race are going to go kill some things, dig?

Nevermind that the two human squadmates have the least plot-relevance in the entire damn game.

But I hated her because of the bit about the dog. fuck you, Ashley.

[quote name='ihadFG']Well, luckily I didn't have to deal with that being a male Shepard.

I did have to deal with Ashley's weird eye shifting and grins though.[/QUOTE]

I guess that means which ever one is the opposite sex of your Shepard is the worst one, since they act like they want to get all over you the first time you talk to them.

Trying to be a good person, but not give Jacob the wrong impression in ME2 was like trying to disarm a bomb, there were all kinds of dialog choices that sounded innocent but then when Shepard says them she sounds like she wants to get into his pants right there in the equipment room.

[quote name='icebeast']I guess that means which ever one is the opposite sex of your Shepard is the worst one, since they act like they want to get all over you the first time you talk to them.[/QUOTE]

Much like Anders in DA2.

That dude didn't take a no lightly.

[quote name='ihadFG']Much like Anders in DA2.

That dude didn't take a no lightly.[/QUOTE]

I'm still angry I had to pick him over Fenris (because he hated me), at least Fenris wasn't blowing shit up (I sent Anders away after that). Plus, I still want to know how far down those lyrium tattoos go.

Fenris was always mean to me, and then at the end when he
turned on me I was like "hey, you should come back" and he said "k" It was hilarious it took no convincing him, so I got Fenris and Anders :cool:

Fenris was pretty pissed at me. Why he rushed ahead of the Templar army to get slaughtered in a 1 on 1 is beyond me, though.

I let Anders live because at that point in the game my draw to having a good party composition was greater than any sort of emotional attachment the game had tried to establish.

Ya fucked up, Anders, but your fireball is too damn good (this was not a dialogue option as it should have been).

I only used Anders for healing, and after I sent him packing, and he came back and I sent him packing again I replaced him with Bethany.

[quote name='The Crotch']Straight Talk:

Mass Effect 3 will be a great game with solid albeit stale gunplay. It will have some well-written characters that tend slightly towards pandering to guys in their late teens and early twenties. It will have good production values, but will be unable to break the perception that it's just trying too god damn hard to be like a movie. The plot itself will be solid but completely unremarkable except for one or two utterly stupid things that some people will defend against any criticism and some people will say totally ruined the series. Stuff that is carried over from previous saves will be more important than it was in ME2, but they won't do anything amazing with it. It will provide no significant challenge on any but the two highest difficulty settings.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling this is going to be pretty much spot on.

[quote name='The Crotch']It just seemed kind of... silly and out of place. Okay Ashley, you're a human nationalist. That's very cute. Now me and the 800 pound reptile with two hearts and the blue chick from the all-female-jedi race are going to go kill some things, dig?

Nevermind that the two human squadmates have the least plot-relevance in the entire damn game.

But I hated her because of the bit about the dog. fuck you, Ashley.
[/QUOTE]

What what's this about a dog?

I killed both of them. Annoying bastards.

EDIT: When justifying her "humans > aliens" stance she goes off on this weird tangent about walking through the woods with a hypothetical dog and getting attacked by a bear and leaving the dog to die and not feeling bad about it because it's just a dog.

My whole party was on my side during the end game except for Sebastian since I let Anders live (I told Anders to go away though).

[quote name='The Crotch']fuck your stupid haircut, Fenris. fuck it right in its face.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I wasn't focused on the hair:
fenris_by_carrotcakebandit-d4dyw50.png

[quote name='icebeast']Trust me, I wasn't focused on the hair:
fenris_by_carrotcakebandit-d4dyw50.png
[/QUOTE]
I was going to grab some more Cho Aniki .gifs from Encyclopedia Obscura for my response, but I see their website is down.

A great loss to the internet.

[quote name='The Crotch']I was going to grab some more Cho Aniki .gifs from Encyclopedia Obscura for my response, but I see their website is down.

A great loss to the internet.[/QUOTE]

Those guys are too big anyways.

I like stuff like this:

[quote name='icebeast']Those guys are too big anyways.

I like stuff like this:

751850.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, those "no leeching" images get me engorged, too.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I'm seeing Hazama in female renditions and Hazama in sexualized male forms.

You've gotta pick one, icebeast.[/QUOTE]

Fairly sure the pole dancing one is not female, although you can't see his chest.

So some fuck in a big ass old beater truck backed into my car in the grocery store parking lot. Cracked my grill and bent up some of the frame. It's all cosmetic damage, but still annoying as fuck because Imma want to get it fixed. -_-

Made by Slant Six. Except a TON of bugs, game crashing type bugs.

Gameplay will be fun, if it ever works properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back