GGT 177 can't wait for the crash of the gaming industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The Crotch']I am not a big Bethesda fan. Their worlds and characters feel soulless, and they've yet to make a melee combat system that satisfies me.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the main reason I'm not a huge Bethesda fan. The RPG hooks entice me, but I don't really develop any kind of attachment to their games like I do with other RPGs.

[quote name='The Crotch']
And New Vegas was done by Obsidian.
[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, that's right. Still, it's not like they changed the overall structure very much from Fallout 3, so a lot of the same reasons apply. New Vegas is probably my favorite Bethesda-style game though.

[quote name='ihadFG']Oh yeah, that's right. Still, it's not like they changed the overall structure very much from Fallout 3, so a lot of the same reasons apply. New Vegas is probably my favorite Bethesda-style game though.[/QUOTE]
Obsidian games are usually deeply flawed, but they've got writing and "soul" down pretty well. The company is made up of survivors of Troika (Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Arcanum, Temple of Elemental Evil) and Black Isle (Fallout 1 & 2, Icewind Dale 1 & 2, Planescape Torment). Everything they've released either suffers from having too much cut content as it was booted out the door (Knights of the Old Republic 2, Neverwinter Nights 2) or simply bizarre design decisions (Alpha Protocal, Neverwinter Nights 2's fucking camera Jesus Christ).

I still love them. They hurt me sometimes, but I love them.

They're doing a South Park RPG for THQ right now, and they're slated to do a Wheel of Time game after that.

[quote name='ihadFG']So in a lot of ways, Bethesda's games allow the player to dictate how they want to play the game rather than the game dictating how you are supposed to play it.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to play the game as if it were a good game, but I don't think that's possible from what you just told me.

[quote name='gunm']Is Darkness II worth it for $12.49? I'm thinking it will drop to $5 on Steam though.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it reminds me a lot of Bulletstorm's gameplay.

--------------------------

Played some more DMC3 ... we need more games that focus on gameplay.

[quote name='The Crotch']Obsidian games are usually deeply flawed, but they've got writing and "soul" down pretty well. The company is made up of survivors of Troika (Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Arcanum, Temple of Elemental Evil) and Black Isle (Fallout 1 & 2, Icewind Dale 1 & 2, Planescape Torment). Everything they've released either suffers from having too much cut content as it was booted out the door (Knights of the Old Republic 2, Neverwinter Nights 2) or simply bizarre design decisions (Alpha Protocal, Neverwinter Nights 2's fucking camera Jesus Christ).

I still love them. They hurt me sometimes, but I love them.

They're doing a South Park RPG for THQ right now, and they're slated to do a Wheel of Time game after that.[/QUOTE]

The pipeline points to THQ filing for that chapter 7 sometime soon. That doesn't bode well for Obsidian.

Alpha ProtocAL is awesome. Did you not see how awesome it was?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aaun3ZI9c_4

POINTy things, I GET IT!

/edit: weird i can't get it to embed...

/ninja edit: nevermind the gawds love me.

Stimmed stutter-step micro is horseshit.

Stimmed stutter-step micro with concussive shells can eat my dick. Stop it with the "such good micro" shit, casters. His units have superior range and move four times faster. No shit he's out-microing his opponent.

EDIT: On a happier note, Shadows of Amn complete. Throne of Bhaal time.

It starts pretty well, I've gotta say. New companion is cool. Wish they gave me another companion slot, though, giving up a cleric for a fighter sucks.

[quote name='panzerfaust']look what i got, icebeast:
Riven_Splash_3.jpg

you put my favorite character in a bunny suit and you get my money.[/QUOTE]

Cool skin, I've tried Riven, but didn't fall in love with her play style (but that was back when I wasn't nearly as good so I could probably stand to try her again now that I've gotten better at picking up and learning a collection of different champions). I own two skins for Leona, I like her most recent one, it looks great. This one:

LoL-Iron-Solari-Leona-Skin_Artwork.jpg

I also really liked the Vayne Valentine's Day skin too, mostly because it had lots of pink and hearts on it, she's the character I'm currently trying to learn to carry with (since I mostly play support but want to branch out a bit):

Vayne_Splash_4.jpg

[quote name='j-cart']What is all this junk? LoL?[/QUOTE]
At least LoL doesn't have stimmed stutter step with concussive shells.

EDIT: It also doesn't have Battle.net 2.0. Great work on that one, Blizzard.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I looked at when I first signed up for LoL, it was around 7/3/2010, but I didn't really get into the game at all until December 2011, haha.

I looked at my steam account... September 2003.

Almost 9 years later and all I think is that I play too many video games. Haha no I don't.

[quote name='whoknows']You should ask this guy for some help:

linguo.jpg
[/QUOTE]
We all got the reference the first time.

I was trying to work Ralph's "Me fail English?" bit in, but everything I typed out seemed too clumsy.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Crotch ima get into SC2 again soon, though pretty casually. What is the underdog race right now?[/QUOTE]
Has anybody ever agreed on that?

Protoss is probably the strongest late-game but are still very vulnerable in the mid-game. Terrans got a huge nerf against zerg in the last patch with the snipe changes, though they're still perfectly capable of fighting late-game zerg. Zerg are making a big switch away from mutalisks in both matchups.

I'll just say protoss because MC is still the only person who can actually win things with them.

[quote name='The Crotch']I'm not laughing because LookNoHands could probably beat you.
[/QUOTE]

That is why I am laughing. I am that bad at SC2.

I'm so out of practice that LookNoHands would probably be pretty tough for me, too. Not playing much besides Baldur's Gate and Tribes these days.

[quote name='The Crotch']I'm so out of practice that LookNoHands would probably be pretty tough for me, too. Not playing much besides Baldur's Gate and Tribes these days.[/QUOTE]

The Witcher 2 and DotA 2 for me.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Most overpowered Starcraft race?
Koreans.
[/QUOTE]
My Korean friend is always egging me on to play him in SC2. I tell him he's cheating by being Korean.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Stay away from women. They are the Devil's tools, causing the downfall of man.[/QUOTE]

This man speaks the truth.

IdrA is going up against Bomber now.

Bomber hasn't been doing too much lately, but I'm confident that IdrA can still fuck this up horribly.

Holy shit, is IdrA about to 2-0 someone?

EDIT: Maybe not, he just ran a 30 drone train in to hellions.
[quote name='j-cart']My gawd. LoL is boring to watch. Why did IGN list that first on their stream?[/QUOTE]
I was confused by that too.

[quote name='j-cart']I looked at my steam account... September 2003.

Almost 9 years later and all I think is that I play too many video games. Haha no I don't.[/QUOTE]

I think you are one of the only people on my friends list who is older than me on steam, haha. My account is July 2004.

[quote name='gunm']Is Warhammer Space Marine worth $9.99?

I'm thinking this'll be another $5 Steam game...[/QUOTE]

I've heard good things about it. I don't know much else.

Just in...Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is coming to PC in August. So...yeah. Good for PC owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back