GGT 181 Beat The Horseback Riding Level Of BLOPS2 Without Shooting

[quote name='Indignate']This is your problem.[/QUOTE]

You come down to Fanime and say hi to me and I'll show you stuff that will make whoknows jealous. Ask ihadFG...

is getting waxed anywhere else even worth the price? you aren't racing micheal phelps

and yeah i'm bored. drunk and bored. miserable fucking party school.

[quote name='icebeast']You come down to Fanime and say hi to me and I'll show you stuff that will make whoknows jealous. Ask ihadFG...[/QUOTE]

I'm blushing.

I didn't even know you had a massive collection of Sonic shit.

[quote name='panzerfaust']is getting waxed anywhere else even worth the price? you aren't racing micheal phelps.[/QUOTE]

Well if you want to look female you can't have a bunch of hair where hair normally isn't on the female body (or at least where hair is thin enough to not be noticeable). Shaving sucks, trust me, it takes forever, you'll go through a ton of razors, and your skin will be super irritated (same applies if all you're doing is your chest, my face does fine though probably because it's used to being shaved once every day). Tried waxing my own body once, and well, I don't have the power to inflict that level of pain upon myself (plus it's messy, a bit awkward to reach every spot on your body, and a professional would do it much quicker), haha. So for the reason I'm doing it the price is worth it to me.

Sorry for missing Skype last night guys, yesterday was a really bad day. I might be on tonight if you want to talk, but I'm not sure. I might be gone for a little while.

[quote name='The Crotch']Most interesting looking game that I've never heard of before today but will probably be really buggy/unfinished when it comes out: Dishonored, a Deus Ex/Thief-looking game with a steampunk aesthetic.

Though the fact that the trailer looked so god damn British yet they spelled the title without the extra "u" bugs the hell out of me. And apparently a lot of the art was done by someone who worked on Half-Life 2, and holy fuck does it ever show.[/QUOTE]

Is that the one where you can control other peoples bodies? Reminds me of messiah. Anyone else ever play that game?

[quote name='BlueScrote']Is that the one where you can control other peoples bodies? Reminds me of messiah. Anyone else ever play that game?[/QUOTE]
To the first question? No, at least, not as far as I know. The game comes out in, like... October.

To the second question, never played it, but I'm vaguely aware of it. Third-person-shooter from, like... ten years back or something?

[quote name='The Crotch']To the first question? No, at least, not as far as I know. The game comes out in, like... October.

To the second question, never played it, but I'm vaguely aware of it. Third-person-shooter from, like... ten years back or something?[/QUOTE]

898256-messiah_cover_large.jpg

[quote name='j-cart']yup well I need to buy a VIA usb board for my PC.

Weird that the PS3 TEs are using old USB tech.[/QUOTE]

Called it. :cool:

[quote name='panzerfaust']Playing Mirror's Edge and Deus Ex: HR, kinda mixed on both so far.[/QUOTE]

As you should be.

[quote name='distgfx']Called it. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Going to Fry's tomorrow to pick up a pci card.

Alright, Mirror's Edge gets better as you become better, so I'm enjoying it. Combat doesn't even make sense, though, and the premise is so dumb.

And I'm not far in Deus Ex, just did the first mission. Not terribly excited to get back to it because I felt the face off with that gunman was fucking beyond stupid. Don't do it bro, you got more honor than that! And why the hell is some thug a human purist? Why would the issue of being augmented even matter to these guys?

Difficulty of the stealth was refreshing, I think.

I think his motives get explained proper-like later on. I think.

Human Revolution was a pretty solid game - better than god damn Invisible War - but... it wasn't Deus Ex, dammit.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Alright, Mirror's Edge gets better as you become better, so I'm enjoying it. Combat doesn't even make sense, though, and the premise is so dumb.

And I'm not far in Deus Ex, just did the first mission. Not terribly excited to get back to it because I felt the face off with that gunman was fucking beyond stupid. Don't do it bro, you got more honor than that! And why the hell is some thug a human purist? Why would the issue of being augmented even matter to these guys?

Difficulty of the stealth was refreshing, I think.[/QUOTE]

I did pacifist runs in both of those games! I would recommend it, especially in Mirror's Edge.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Alright, Mirror's Edge gets better as you become better, so I'm enjoying it. Combat doesn't even make sense, though, and the premise is so dumb.

Difficulty of the stealth was refreshing, I think.[/QUOTE]

Deus Ex: HR is a solid game, but a horrible representation of what boss fights should be like. The game was great until they had me sitting a room against the bosses.

[quote name='j-cart']Deus Ex: HR is a solid game, but a horrible representation of what boss fights should be like. The game was great until they had me sitting a room against the bosses.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the bad boss fights really detract from what was otherwise an excellent game.

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, the bad boss fights really detract from what was otherwise an excellent game.[/QUOTE]
It wasn't just the boss fights that did it for me.

Everyone always talks about the stealth of Deus Ex and the pacifist runs and all that awesome stuff.

But it also had autoshotguns and rocket launchers and plasma guns and bulletproof skin and point defence systems and flamethrowers and shit. And you could play through the whole god damn game just using those. Or just doing your stealth pacifism. Or some combination thereof.

When I played it, it seemed like Human Revolution remembered that both those things existed in the original, but it forgot how they were implemented. So you go through long sections where sneaking is always the best solution and then you get to a pretermined point and suddenly combat is the only option. Deus Ex was great because it seemlessly integrated the two. Human Revolution went out of its way to say, "Hey, woah, are you trying to shoot that guy? No, no, no, this is a sneaking part. You'll need those bullets for the boss fight coming up. Look, an air duct!"

HR also has a lot of minor lame-ass shit in it. Energy requirements on melee attacks, lack of variety in the augs, a hacking minigame that was interesting but poorly implemented on the PC (An interface that needlessly clashes with mouse-and-keyboard controls? Surprise, asshole!), etc. But the great big signs that said THIS IS A STEALTH SECTION and THIS IS A FIGHTING PART were the real problems for me.

And how fucking awful the "fighting parts" were. Daaaaaaamn.

[quote name='The Crotch']And how fucking awful the "fighting parts" were. Daaaaaaamn.[/QUOTE]

Hey in the DLC you can actually use no bullets against the boss!

I liked Human Revolution. And yes, I killed everybody in that game. ^__^

For the record, I played through Invisible War like 3 times in a month. In my defense, I had absolutely nothing else to do.

I want Deus Ex redone. Don't fuck with it (impossible I know), just make the shooting feel less shitty and improve the graphics. Even back in the day, it was an ugly game. lol

[quote name='The Crotch']It wasn't just the boss fights that did it for me.

Everyone always talks about the stealth of Deus Ex and the pacifist runs and all that awesome stuff.

But it also had autoshotguns and rocket launchers and plasma guns and bulletproof skin and point defence systems and flamethrowers and shit. And you could play through the whole god damn game just using those. Or just doing your stealth pacifism. Or some combination thereof.

When I played it, it seemed like Human Revolution remembered that both those things existed in the original, but it forgot how they were implemented. So you go through long sections where sneaking is always the best solution and then you get to a pretermined point and suddenly combat is the only option. Deus Ex was great because it seemlessly integrated the two. Human Revolution went out of its way to say, "Hey, woah, are you trying to shoot that guy? No, no, no, this is a sneaking part. You'll need those bullets for the boss fight coming up. Look, an air duct!"

HR also has a lot of minor lame-ass shit in it. Energy requirements on melee attacks, lack of variety in the augs, a hacking minigame that was interesting but poorly implemented on the PC (An interface that needlessly clashes with mouse-and-keyboard controls? Surprise, asshole!), etc. But the great big signs that said THIS IS A STEALTH SECTION and THIS IS A FIGHTING PART were the real problems for me.

And how fucking awful the "fighting parts" were. Daaaaaaamn.[/QUOTE]

Aside from the boss fights though, there weren't any parts where fighting was the only option.

I can't speak to how good the game was if you took the action route since I never played it that way, but I can say that the way I played it (stealth pacifist) made for one of my favorite gaming experiences this gen other than the boss battles.

[quote name='ihadFG']Aside from the boss fights though, there weren't any parts where fighting was the only option.[/QUOTE]
Uh.

That's... what I meant.

Conventional gameplay was a pain in the ass if you just wanted to fucking shoot something. Boss fights were pure shooting-of-things. The original Deus Ex merged the two beautifully. Human Revolution acted like gunplay had a restraining order on stealth.

[quote name='The Crotch']Uh.

That's... what I meant.

Conventional gameplay was a pain in the ass if you just wanted to fucking shoot something. Boss fights were pure shooting-of-things. The original Deus Ex merged the two beautifully. Human Revolution acted like gunplay had a restraining order on stealth.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. I thought you meant that there were other parts where you had to fight.

I can't argue with your other point since I never tried to play any other ways so I have no opinion about that.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']This is how I played Human Revolution.

R8c5J.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Funny, that's how my screen looked most of the time, too.

[quote name='distgfx']Funny, that's how my screen looked most of the time, too.[/QUOTE]Yep. Destroyed everyone.

[quote name='linkpwns']Yeah, I sucked balls at stealth and had a shit ton of fun in HR, I dunno.[/QUOTE]I don't suck at stealth, but I just had fun destroying the fuck out of everyone. It was perfect.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROSTY!

bread's done
Back