GGT 189 General Gaming Therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.

icebeast

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hi, my name is Icebeezy and I have a problem, I bought too many games from Steam.

Group-Counseling.jpg

[quote name='distgfx']Scrote's avatar > my avatar > beezy's avatar[/QUOTE]

Strife looks awesome, and I love her attitude, I think I've laughed almost every time she's been in the story. She's my favorite character from New 52 Wonder Woman.

[quote name='icebeast']Strife looks awesome, and I love her attitude, I think I've laughed almost every time she's been in the story. She's my favorite character from New 52 Wonder Woman.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to beat the decepticon logo, a kiwi, and romney bane.

[quote name='distgfx']It's hard to beat the decepticon logo, a kiwi, and romney bane.[/QUOTE]

I will only accept a kiwi being hard to beat if it's this one:

80-Kiwi.png

Now that the Steam sale's over, I just want to say thanks to icebeast, cheddahz, Bluescrote, Hank, Frosty, Mikey, and Indignate for the gifts!

Damages:

Bought for myself:
Toy Soldiers - $2.49
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb DLC - $0.74
Alan Wake's American Nightmare - $3.74
Ys Origin - $7.99
Qube - $3.74
Vessel - $3.74
Quantum Conundrum (technically from amazon, but whatev) - $8.99
Stacking - $3.74
Dungeon Siege Series Bundle - $7.49
GTA Series Bundle - $12.49
Company of Heroes - $2.49
Sanctum - $2.49
Dungeon Defenders DLC - $4.21
Crusader Kings II - $9.99
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet - $3.74
FEAR Series Bundle - $13.50
Arma II: CO - $17.99
Cubemen - $1.99
Total: $111.55
+
Money spent on gifts: $56.11
=
Grand total spent: $167.66

Received as gifts:
Secret of the Magic Crystal
Project Freedom
Red Faction Armageddon
Driver San Francisco
Splice
The Witcher 2
Waveform
Velvet Assassin

I should be set for a while now. :lol:

[quote name='Indignate']Can we continue to talk about how great GFWL is?[/QUOTE]

GFWL has key features such as:

Limited Activations
Constant Crashing
Save Deletion

It's like it knows I don't want to play games after I've had five different hardware configurations or want an alternative take on New Game+.

[quote name='Indignate']Can we continue to talk about how great GFWL is?[/QUOTE]

I don't think that conversation ever existed.

[quote name='distgfx']GFWL has key features such as:

Limited Activations
Constant Crashing
Save Deletion

It's like it knows I don't want to play games after I've had five different hardware configurations or want an alternative take on New Game+.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='distgfx']Don't forget:

e01Oj.jpg
[/QUOTE]

chaw-o.gif

[quote name='icebeast']Strife looks awesome, and I love her attitude, I think I've laughed almost every time she's been in the story. She's my favorite character from New 52 Wonder Woman.[/QUOTE]

I really liked War's (I think it was war) depiction. My only other issue with WW is she seems like a supporting character in the current book.

[quote name='BlueScrote']My only other issue with WW is she seems like a supporting character in the current book.[/QUOTE]

Yes I can totally agree with this, although I feel more like it is focused on WW but the book just jumps around from place to place and event to event without the typical downtime in-between where characters are typically fleshed out that it feels like she's there but the focus isn't on her as a character so much as whatever actions she's doing with the god she's currently screwing with. On the one hand I do like how some of the characters are written and I adore the art style, but on the other I don't like how it feels like the characters aren't really the focus of the book, for me it's hard to really understand a character if all they're ever doing is amazing feats one after another without anything to really explain why the character is doing it.

I have the same problem with the recent run of The Incredible Hulk, I think the concept of Bruce Banner going crazy and Hulk having to remain angry to try and suppress him is a cool idea, but the execution is so choppy with Hulk just waking up in random locations and doing random things that the story has absolutely no continuity; now I'm sure part or all of it will tie together at some point but I don't think I want to keep reading seemingly random side stories with no character development until that happens. Red Hulk at least has moments where I feel like his character and back story play into what he's doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='distgfx']Hey, guys, remember this?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8896697&postcount=277[/QUOTE]

Apparently I'm not memorable enough to mention. :cry: (Although I think they're grouping me in as a douchebag since I wasn't in the not a douch list). Also hold up, now I like Joel, but I'm a bit confused how he evaded the weirdo category, because he's a bit odd, but that's what makes him Joel and I like that (I have to imagine the same has been said of me, haha, I belong in the Weird category too :cool:).

And yes I remember it, I might still have an account over there, I don't think they banned me. (Yep I do). It's almost as unused as my new GAF account.

Dang, Cheddahz has 1,415 posts on there.

My name is j-cart and I have a steam problem.

The damages:

Gifts
-Saints Row: The Third
-Payday: The Heist
-The Witcher 2
-Limbo
-Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition
-Recettear: An Item Shop's Story
-Bulletstorm
-Prince of Persia
-The Witcher 2
-Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II
-Bastion

What I bought myself:
-Assassin's Creed Revelations: Gold Edition

Total: $101.63 WHAT A STEAL!

/edit: What's ihadFG's steam id?

Thanks for The Ship gift Frosty, I remember looking at this game before and not really getting what it was, and looking at the store page I still don't really get what it is, maybe I'll install it sometime and find out, haha.

I played it yesterday for about five minutes.

You have to kill people, but at the same time watch your bladder.

It's pretty realistic.

[quote name='j-cart']My name is j-cart and I have a steam problem.

The damages:

Gifts
-Saints Row: The Third
-Payday: The Heist
-The Witcher 2
-Limbo
-Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition
-Recettear: An Item Shop's Story
-Bulletstorm
-Prince of Persia
-The Witcher 2
-Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II
-Bastion

What I bought myself:
-Assassin's Creed Revelations: Gold Edition

Total: $101.63 WHAT A STEAL!

/edit: What's ihadFG's steam id?[/QUOTE]

waffle

Go to my profile to find him or the Subwoofer Technology GmbH group.

Seriously, he is waffle? I thought that was some dumbshit kid trying to get a free game. You'll get your turn waffle, you'll get your turn.

[quote name='icebeast']Apparently I'm not memorable enough to mention. :cry: (Although I think they're grouping me in as a douchebag since I wasn't in the not a douch list). Also hold up, now I like Joel, but I'm a bit confused how he evaded the weirdo category, because he's a bit odd, but that's what makes him Joel and I like that (I have to imagine the same has been said of me, haha, I belong in the Weird category too :cool:).

And yes I remember it, I might still have an account over there, I don't think they banned me. (Yep I do). It's almost as unused as my new GAF account.

Dang, Cheddahz has 1,415 posts on there.[/QUOTE]

That was all, ZxT Vendetta or whatever he wants to be called, so... yeah.

Any gonads with that strife?

[quote name='jello44']Any gonads with that strife?[/QUOTE]

Na, she's Wonder Woman's Half Sister in this series (if you meant is Strife male, just kind of assumed, haha :whistle2:#, either way everyone gets to see pictures now). She's got some nice muscles though, and I've actually cropped her clothes since her outfit is a bit revealing, haha. I'm amazed she can wear what she does and not show anything.

Strife.jpg

wonderwoman_3_03z.png

tumblr_m3tt4nk51S1qjzyxso1_1280.jpg

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Bath salts up my nose,
I tear off my clothes,
Wake up naked,
After eating hoes.[/QUOTE]

Eu4AF.gif

[quote name='icebeast']Yes I can totally agree with this, although I feel more like it is focused on WW but the book just jumps around from place to place and event to event without the typical downtime in-between where characters are typically fleshed out that it feels like she's there but the focus isn't on her as a character so much as whatever actions she's doing with the god she's currently screwing with. On the one hand I do like how some of the characters are written and I adore the art style, but on the other I don't like how it feels like the characters aren't really the focus of the book, for me it's hard to really understand a character if all they're ever doing is amazing feats one after another without anything to really explain why the character is doing it.
[/QUOTE]

I think that's a very apt assessment of the current pace of the plot. Also love how WW is drawn in this book. Appears solid and imposing without losing feminine characteristics.

[quote name='icebeast']
Dang, Cheddahz has 1,415 posts on there.[/QUOTE]

I noticed Cheddahz is on GAF now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back