GGT #202 plays COD BLOPS 2 exclusively on Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've dabbed a bit with MP on Warfighter. It plays alongside with the Call of Duty theme, but tries to play on the teammate aspect a bit more. SP is nothing to talk about, the last time I had fun with a SP FPS was Crysis 2. Only because rocket punching people was more fun that actually learning about what is going to happen next.

2z8yus2.jpg

[quote name='jello44']I.. I.. I don't know what to believe anymore.[/QUOTE]

Your mind is still blown? I guess it was a pretty traumatizing experience.

[quote name='distgfx']Your mind is still blown? I guess it was a pretty traumatizing experience.[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting for you to just come out and say it is all some elaborate troll job.

Finished up XCOM tonight. Took my 6 best soldiers on the final mission, and the only one who didn't survive was Colonel
Hank "The Tank" Shearer
:(

[quote name='jello44']I'm still waiting for you to just come out and say it is all some elaborate troll job.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Who doesn't know who Marky Mark is? Nobody, that's who. :nottalking:

[quote name='ihadFG']Finished up XCOM tonight. Took my 6 best soldiers on the final mission, and the only one who didn't survive was Colonel
Hank "The Tank" Shearer
:([/QUOTE]
This totally would happen too. I'd go out with guns ablaze, taking out as many alien scumbag bastard fucks as I could before I finally succumbed to my mortal wounds. :twoguns:

[quote name='Indignate']

[quote name='jello44']I'm still waiting for you to just come out [/QUOTE]
grace-closet-doors-2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

OrsonWellesClapping.gif

[quote name='hankmecrankme']This totally would happen too. I'd go out with guns ablaze, taking as many alien scumbag bastard fucks as I could before I finally succumbed to my mortal wounds. :twoguns:[/QUOTE]

You lived up to your nickname in the final mission too. You managed to single-handedly survive an assault from the two biggest enemy robot tanks, and then made it to the final battle with only 2 hp left. You went down right at the end, taking a shot that meant the female squad member next to you would survive instead.

[quote name='jello44']I'm still waiting for you to just come out and say it is all some elaborate troll job.[/QUOTE]

It's not.

[quote name='ihadFG']taking a shot that meant the female squad member next to you would survive instead.[/QUOTE]

You mean Zeki lived?

[quote name='ihadFG']You lived up to your nickname in the final mission too. You managed to single-handedly survive an assault from the two biggest enemy robot tanks, and then made it to the final battle with only 2 hp left. You went down right at the end, taking a shot that meant the female squad member next to you would survive instead.[/QUOTE]
OK. . .That's fucking totally me. :cool:

[quote name='Indignate']You mean Zeki lived?[/QUOTE]

No, Zeki was the first GGT member to die. He died on his first mission before even firing a shot.

Hank was the only one who died out of my A-squad (ie. my best soldiers who made it to the highest rank and were used on the final mission)

[quote name='ihadFG']No, Zeki was the first GGT member to die. He died on his first mission before even firing a shot.

Hank was the only one who died out of my A-squad (ie. my best soldiers who made it to the highest rank and were used on the final mission)[/QUOTE]

What happened to me?

[quote name='distgfx']What happened to me?[/QUOTE]

You died a couple missions before the final mission. You had to put yourself at risk in order to kill the enemy leader, who was using mind control to make one of your squadmates attack your squad. Your sacrifice saved the rest of your squad, but you took a critical blow to the head after taking out the enemy leader. Aside from Hank, you had the most kills out of everyone that died throughout my game. Also you had Guile hair.

Still exceeded 2k's expectations.

Finally commanded my first NS2 game. Went aliens, had nobody commanding for the first minute, so I hopped in the hive. Was lucky enough to go up against a newbie human commander, but the fact that we were 4v5 for the first ten minutes really hurt. We had a good chance, though.[quote name='ihadFG']You died a couple missions before the final mission. You had to put yourself at risk in order to kill the enemy leader, who was using mind control to make one of your squadmates attack your squad. Your sacrifice saved the rest of your squad, but you took a critical blow to the head after taking out the enemy leader. Aside from Hank, you had the most kills out of everyone that died throughout my game. Also you had Guile hair.[/QUOTE]
Spoiler alert: you can effortlessly kill the commander with two shots from a squad-sight sniper.

I accidentally tripped the enemy leader with my second-last-soldier the first time I played, and by sheer luck my last guy to go was my double-tap sniper with clear LOS.

I better not have fucking died, though.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']so sad xcom only sold like 100,000 copies
dishonored did better lol[/QUOTE]

Still sold better than Syndicate probably did. Only reason I knew that was out was because Amazon had it for $15.

My plan this winter is to go through and play X-Com on the hardest difficulty for my first playthrough.

Nobody is going to survive, nobody.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']And was I a good soldier, General Josh?[/QUOTE]

Yep, you were one of 2 snipers (about 9 total soldiers made it to colonel) to reach the highest rank. Colonel Frosty "Deadbolt" Wilson survived until the end, but he didn't get to go on the final mission since I only had room for one sniper, and the other one, Colonel Mikey "Omega" Loconte had the very useful ability to throw a device that reveals where enemies are.

[quote name='The Crotch']Still exceeded 2k's expectations.
[/QUOTE]

And that's what really matters. A publisher isn't going to publish a game if they expect it to lose money, so the fact that the game exceeded sales expectations means they must have kept the budget in check. Hopefully this means more XCOM games (of the strategy variety).

[quote name='The Crotch']I accidentally tripped the enemy leader with my second-last-soldier the first time I played, and by sheer luck my last guy to go was my double-tap sniper with clear LOS.
[/QUOTE]

Interesting. After Hank when down, my squad sight sniper took the final shot to end the leader and the mission for good. He had double tap too, but I didn't get to make use of it on the final boss since he wasn't in range when I first revealed the final boss.

[quote name='The Crotch']
I better not have fucking died, though.[/QUOTE]

Well, I named one guy Crotch, but he looked like an imposter with an evil face and mustache, and he died early on as a rookie. I knew the real Crotch wouldn't die so easily, and that he had previous XCOM experience, so he wouldn't have been a rookie. A little while later a masked soldier showed up as a mission reward. I wondered who this might be. "Mad Dog" quickly rose through the ranks to Colonel, taking out hordes of enemies with tactical finesse. By the end of the game it was clear to me who the true identity of this helmeted hero was.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']How did I do, Josh?[/QUOTE]

You were the second GGT soldier to go, but unlike whoknows, you managed to take out 7 aliens across 3 missions (and this was early game, where there are only a handful of aliens in each mission). So you managed to get far more kills than anyone else that didn't make it past the early stages of the game. Basically you were a heavy-class soldier who was a slaughter machine that didn't realize his own mortality.

[quote name='ihadFG']Yep, you were one of 2 snipers (about 9 total soldiers made it to colonel) to reach the highest rank. Colonel Frosty "Deadbolt" Wilson survived until the end, but he didn't get to go on the final mission since I only had room for one sniper, and the other one, Colonel Mikey "Omega" Loconte had the very useful ability to throw a device that reveals where enemies are.

You were the second GGT soldier to go, but unlike whoknows, you managed to take out 7 aliens across 3 missions (and this was early game, where there are only a handful of aliens in each mission). So you managed to get far more kills than anyone else that didn't make it past the early stages of the game. Basically you were a heavy-class soldier who was a slaughter machine that didn't realize his own mortality.[/QUOTE]

Sniper, eh? I was always fond of the "one shot, one kill" mantra... :cool:
And that definitely sounds like our Joel.

[quote name='Indignate']Josh, make up a story for me too.[/QUOTE]

Captain Indignate "Cyclops" Volkov was a sniper who entered the ranks for one purpose: to avenge his diseased gay lover Whoknows Dominguez. Not only did he avenge his lover, but he proved himself as a valuable squadmate and survived to tell his tale to future generations that he helped save from the alien invasion.

[quote name='ihadFG']Each of these 3 RAMs are $30 on newegg this weekend. I know nothing though. So does anyone know which of these would be best:

[/QUOTE]

Would love to help you out but there's a bunch of bullshit redirects on your links.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Is diablo 3 worth $22 bucks if you liked diablo 1 & 2?[/QUOTE]

You'll get 20-25 hours of play on your first play through. Worth it alone for the experience. Though after that it basically becomes a mini-WoW with the max item level cap.

Hell if you get it, I'll play it again and try a different character.

[quote name='ihadFG']Each of these 3 RAMs are $30 on newegg this weekend. I know nothing though. So does anyone know which of these would be best:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...110912-Index-_-DesktopMemory-_-20104231-L017D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148544

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...110912-Index-_-DesktopMemory-_-20231488-L017C[/QUOTE]

We need to know what kind of ram you currently have to make a decision.

[quote name='j-cart']You'll get 20-25 hours of play on your first play through. Worth it alone for the experience. Though after that it basically becomes a mini-WoW with the max item level cap.

Hell if you get it, I'll play it again and try a different character.

We need to know what kind of ram you currently have to make a decision.[/QUOTE]

None, it's for his new gaming PC.
No need to match, just need to pick the best of the 3 for the price.
My RAM knowledge is way outdated, but I remember bus speed (1600 > 1333) and low latency (9 > 10) being good things, which is why I suggested the 2nd.

No dice on Diablo III; sold out online.

[quote name='ihadFG']
You were the second GGT soldier to go, but unlike whoknows, you managed to take out 7 aliens across 3 missions (and this was early game, where there are only a handful of aliens in each mission). So you managed to get far more kills than anyone else that didn't make it past the early stages of the game. Basically you were a heavy-class soldier who was a slaughter machine that didn't realize his own mortality.[/QUOTE]
That is oddly true to real life. Game Joel needs to get on my level. :applause:

Xcom is out already? My buddy loved the demo.

I love Borderlands 2. Handsome Jack is the Best Game Villian of All Time. I love him and want to punch him in the face at the same time.

[quote name='GUNNM']why am I playing ZOE instead of the four AAA titles I paid money for? I'm such a weeabo[/QUOTE]

I've been playing One Piece with whoknows for the past two nights, get on my level.

[quote name='distgfx']I've been playing One Piece with whoknows for the past two nights, get on my level.[/QUOTE]
I assume you're playing as the best motherfucker in the manga, zoro?
Sanji is a close second.

[quote name='j-cart']Has it turned into I Am Legend out there yet?[/QUOTE]
It really just goes to show how fucked this country would be if Saudi Arabia cut our gas line.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']AHAHAHA
I think part of that comes to preference, Josh.
But looking quick, I think the Crucial is what I'd go with -- it's DDR 1600 (instead of 1333) and has a lower latency than the 3rd option.
But wait for one of the guys who's more computer savvy to agree with me before you pull the trigger. :cool:[/QUOTE]
This is correct.

[quote name='linkpwns']Hey guys i'm alive[/QUOTE]
:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back