GGT 206 needs help grinding tifa

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='j-cart']You don't even need to make it your job. You just need to up front equity (around $5000) for cellphones, PCs (about 10 of them) and the electric bill.

Wacktavision doesn't give a shit about botters, if you sell stuff on the RMAH, they get 15%. FREE fuckING MONEY FOR THEM! Just don't sell to the chinese, then you'll get your ass banned.[/QUOTE]
Mmm, sounds like a good investment. I wonder if the bank would give me a loan if I explained this to them.
[quote name='The Crotch']Unfortunately, it being winter and my living in Saskatchewan, the Ferrari would have trouble leaving the driveway and the only exposed skin on the hot chicks is the area around their eyes.[/QUOTE]
Dude, we'll be in Hawaii. Nobody rich lives in Saskatchewan willingly.

Not so much in other provinces, but definitely for Sasktchewan. Though oil is a major part of the economy these days, the province never really developed its oil sites like Alberta, and we don't have the offshore drilling of Newfoundland, so potash is huge for us. We're historically one of the poorest provinces in the country, yet we had the second-highest GDP-per-capita last year.

Next in the GGT, I'll explain provincial equalization payments!

If we use a different chat system other than Skype, the I will be down for tonight's Man vs Toaster game.

I can't play SWTOR and skype at the same time :(

[quote name='j-cart']If we use a different chat system other than Skype, the I will be down for tonight's Man vs Toaster game.

I can't play SWTOR and skype at the same time :([/QUOTE]
I don't know how well dividing attention between TOR and BSG would go, regardless of what program we're using for voice chat...

[quote name='The Crotch']I don't know how well dividing attention between TOR and BSG would go, regardless of what program we're using for voice chat...[/QUOTE]

I certainly did an awesome job with it while playing ME3. That is until us humans lost...

I do have a vent server for use :D

[quote name='j-cart']I certainly did an awesome job with it while playing ME3. That is until us humans lost...[/QUOTE]
Fair enough. Though we still don't even know if Joel wants to play today, and even that would only put us at four people, when five is the ideal number for the game.

So what pointless god damn other voice chat program do you want me to install?

[quote name='The Crotch']Fair enough. Though we still don't even know if Joel wants to play today, and even that would only put us at four people, when five is the ideal number for the game.

So what pointless god damn other voice chat program do you want me to install?[/QUOTE]

Vent.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Steam has voice chat, don't forget. ^__^[/QUOTE]

Steam Chat is monitored by Gabe Newell. The best way to know what they want is by listening in!

/edit: Oh well seems like no SWTOR tonight. They are having maintenance. I am in for Man vs Skin Jobs.

[quote name='j-cart']
/edit: Oh well seems like no SWTOR tonight. They are having maintenance. I am in for Man vs Skin Jobs.[/QUOTE]
Huzzah! That means I can hold off installing Vent on this computer for another week or two, too!

Now we just need confirmation from Joel and at least one other.

j-cart, i have no idea what any of those programs are.

gunm, thanks for the heads up, i signed up and will probably pre-order MGR:R before Sunday now.

[quote name='The Crotch']Huzzah! That means I can hold off installing Vent on this computer for another week or two, too!

Now we just need confirmation from Joel and at least one other.[/QUOTE]

Zeki never confirmed that he wanted to play games with me tonight, so I'll play with you guys if I don't have to install anything stupid.

[quote name='j-cart']As a PC gamer, you need to have the trifecta installed at all times: Vent, Teamspeak and Mumble.[/QUOTE]

None of those are Skype.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']j-cart, i have no idea what any of those programs are.

gunm, thanks for the heads up, i signed up and will probably pre-order MGR:R before Sunday now.[/QUOTE]

http://www.ventrilo.com/

Ventrilo 3.0.0 is the next evolutionary step of Voice over IP (VoIP) group communications software. Ventrilo is also the industry standard by which all others measure themselves as they attempt to imitate its features.

By offering surround sound positioning and special sound effects on a per user, per channel, per server or global configuration level the program provides each user the option to fully customize exactly how they wish to hear sounds from other users or events.

Ventrilo is best known for it's superior sound quality and minimal use of CPU resources so as not to interfere with day to day operations of the computer or during online game competitions. It is also preferred for the simple user interface that any first time computer user can very quickly learn because the most commonly used features are immediately visible and can be activated with a single click of the mouse.

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=teamspeak3

TeamSpeak 3 continues the legacy of the original TeamSpeak communication system previously offered in TeamSpeak Classic (1.5) and TeamSpeak 2. TeamSpeak 3 is not merely an extension of its predecessors but rather a complete rewrite in C++ of its proprietary protocol and core technology.

With over nine years of experience and leadership in the VoIP sector, our engineers have created a flexible, powerful, and scalable solution granting you the ability to customize and tailor your voice communication needs any way you desire. New users and TeamSpeak veterans alike will now enjoy a completely new experience in voice communication using TeamSpeak 3's unmatched functionality and powerful new features.

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Mumble is a voice chat application for groups. While it can be used for any kind of activity, it is primarily intended for gaming. It can be compared to programs like Ventrilo or TeamSpeak. People tend to simplify things, so when they talk about Mumble they either talk about "Mumble" the client application or about "Mumble & Murmur" the whole voice chat application suite.

Vent is the OG of the group and hasn't changed much since it was first introduced. Teamspeak 3 is the powerhouse that does everything, but takes up the most resources. Mumble is the new entry into the bunch with a very low resource use, but it also has more issues than the rest.

Also, FTL is weird. I'm not sure how much of it is based on luck or how much of it is my fault.

I feel like it's a lot of the former though.

[quote name='Indignate']Also, FTL is weird. I'm not sure how much of it is based on luck or how much of it is my fault.

I feel like it's a lot of the former though.[/QUOTE]
A lot of both. But yeah, there's a lot of luck. General shit:

When you first start the game, power up both your weapons, depower the med-bay, put that extra bit of power into your engines for an evasion boost, make sure you have shields, weapons, and the cockpit staffed, and turn autoattack on.

If there's a fire some place that you don't need to be right at that very moment, vent it. It'll go out when there's no oxygen. Just keep in mind that being in a room with no oxygen drains health fast - something you can use to your advantage against boarding parties if you upgrade your doors.

Use nebulae to slow down the rebel fleet and buy more time to explore.

You can get through a lot of early fights taking little to no damage by just using your lasers. 95% of the time, taking out enemy weapons control is the highest priority. Sometimes drone control. Until the fights start getting harder, you only really want to use missiles against enemies with overwhelming laser counts or dangerous missiles. In such cases, a missile right to their weapons control should keep you from taking much damage in the fight.

If you can find another burst laser II, get it. Two burst IIs firing simultaneously is six shots, which will burn through any shield with ease. Pegasus missiles are another favourite of mine, as they're very resource efficient and defence drones have trouble stopping them.

I'm not big on drone control, though it becomes pretty powerful if you get a drone recovery arm.

Stealth is amazing, and has surprisingly low scrap costs and power draw. Add stealth weapons, and you have a monster of a ship. Add the rare and expensive preigniter upgrade (charges weapons after every jump) and you are a fucking god.

A lot of stuff gets easier with a more diverse crew. Space station on fire and needs rescuing? Send a rockman, because he's immune to fire. Colony dealing with some weird space plague? Send an engi, because he can't get sick.

I was able to figure out some of that stuff as I went along.

Is there a race that is proficient at combat? Anybody that boarded my ship seemed to be the strongest motherfucker alive. I usually had to try to lure them into my med bay to make the fight easier.

I remember seeing Cloaking being an upgrade that gave 60% evasion rate and I saw a aug for weapons that made it so they don't decloak you when you use them. Is that what you're talking about?

Humans and slugs are average at combat and have 100 HP. Engis do half damage and zoltan only have 70 HP. Mantis move slightly faster than anyone else and do double damage. Rockmen are balls-out slow but have 150 HP and don't take fire damage. There's a hidden seventh race that's handy for raiding parties, too. Boarding parties mostly come from mantis ships, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you will be boarded by mantis.

I mostly rely on "free" crew members. Rescuing them from slavers or protecting civilians from pirates or pulling them off of damaged space stations. Unfortunately, this means I have no control over what species the crewmember is, so you might want to pony up the 45 scrap at a store for a mantis if you've got nothing but humans and engis or something.

And yeah, those are the two upgrades I meant. Aside from the +60% evasion (great to slap on just as the enemy launches a missile at you), enemies can't lock on to you while you're cloaked. Your weapons continue to charge up, but theirs stay frozen.

[quote name='GUNNM']Yeah I'm not really digging robin.[/QUOTE]

Really? I enjoyed his challenges. Much more than catwoman.

[quote name='The Crotch']Not so much in other provinces, but definitely for Sasktchewan. Though oil is a major part of the economy these days, the province never really developed its oil sites like Alberta, and we don't have the offshore drilling of Newfoundland, so potash is huge for us. We're historically one of the poorest provinces in the country, yet we had the second-highest GDP-per-capita last year.

Next in the GGT, I'll explain provincial equalization payments![/QUOTE]

I feel like you're just making up names now.

Technically, there is no province in Canada called Newfoundland.

But fuck me if I ever start calling it Newfoundland and Labrador in god damn casual conversation.

He makes up shit all the time. That is why he won in Man vs Fracking Chrome Jobs, he was making up the rules all the time. CHEATER!

[quote name='BlueScrote']Really? I enjoyed his challenges. Much more than catwoman.

[/QUOTE]
I haven't tried catwoman. I've only done like 2 missions between nightwing and robin

[quote name='j-cart']He makes up shit all the time. That is why he won in Man vs Fracking Chrome Jobs, he was making up the rules all the time. CHEATER![/QUOTE]
It was kind of weird that the thing that outed me wasn't actually a thing I did. I didn't have great cards for hurting the big morale hit shill check check, so my plan was to make you guys overestimate the value of my cards so you wouldn't put so much in. Then Indignate just bombed the shit out of the skill check and everyone blamed me.

Of course, it was my turn next, so I was able to get the fuck out of dodge before you had a chance to brig me.

For the two people that this means anything to: Jaedong just joined the American team Evil Genius. For you weeaboo fighting games people, that translates to "the second best zerg to ever play Brood War is now sponsored by the same people as Justin Wong".

Why settle for the second best zerg, you ask?

Because the best zerg is banned from everything forever for his involvement in a matchfixing scandal that some blame for hastening the death of competitive Brood War.

Is? Debatable. Zerg's been pretty dominant lately thanks to the fact that infestor-brood lord kills basically everything forever, though Blizzard just threw a couple small nerfs at the infestor. Most people would probably say Leenock or Life right now.

Was? Savior. Absolute king shit of Brood War mountain until Bisu trounced him. Then he went into a long slump and suddenly holy shit dude match-fixing is illegal Jesus Christ. TL has a massive but awesome (Ver is probably the best TL.net writer) retrospective called God of the Battlefield.

And panzerfaust prefers Jaedong over Savior, because nobody ever agrees on these things and nerds love to categorize shit that doesn't compare easily. I'm legally obligated to worship Bisu, so it doesn't really matter to me, save for the fact that Bisu trounced Savior and Jaedong has a nasty habit of fucking up Bisu.

Jaedong reigned over the ending era of BW (as top Zerg, that is), though, was pretty much him and Flash doing work. That's all I'm referring to, I didn't even know they went on to SC2.

I shook Savior's hand at blizzcon :cool:

Yeah, they made a gradual transition. Things are still a little tense between Kespa and... well, everyone else in existence, but it's stable at the moment. None of the old big names have really lived up to their hype quite yet, with the best-performing player after the transition being SKT1 Rain (By.Sun).
[quote name='Indignate']The only thing you guys have said that even sounds like a name is Justin.[/QUOTE]
Jaedong was really lazy about that. His real name is actually "Lee Jae Dong".

nGSmS.gif

The blue ribbon represents having fun and internet board games.

[quote name='The Crotch']
nGSmS.gif

The blue ribbon represents having fun and internet board games.[/QUOTE]

Looks about right.

Right now we have you, me, j-cart, and maybe Indignate. If panzerfaust stops pretending that he's doing his essay right now, we would have enough for a proper game. Assuming Indignate is still around.

So no, probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back