GGT 221 Maaaaaaaay Have Felt Up Its Cousin

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BlueScrote']
I've heard really good things about the Wonder Woman movie, but haven't watched it yet because, well, it's wonder woman.

90% of the people in the deals forum are assholes. They'll get their panties in a twist over anything.[/QUOTE]
The WW movie is good, but it doesn't rank as highly to me as the others I listed. It may be on par with the Elite or the SuperBat movies, but that's about it. I like Wonder Woman, but she can't hold her own in a movie that well.

Also, I agree. People in the deals forums tend to be jerks for any reason they can find. Especially if they didn't get a coupon or gift card when they think they should have.

Playing TR this is how the hunting aspect in AC 3 should have been. A real reason to hunt animals for food and not for shitty antlers and perfect deer hides.

TR is fucking good, man. I didn't pay a ton of attention to it pre-release, but I'm rull impressed. Tempted to go grab the CE to add that Playarts fig to the collection.

[quote name='panzerfaust']which one is that? i'm kind of tempted to get the steelbook.[/QUOTE]

This guy.

Comes with this:
27914-laracroftpakheader1.jpg

I've got a ton of PAK figures (Metal Gear, Cowboy Bebop, DMC, etc.) Super poseable. They look pretty tits next to eachother on shelves too.

[quote name='GUNNM']You got dat $500 metal gear rex figure dawg?

I'm saving my money for that kotobukiya rex figure[/QUOTE]

I have em both.

Koto. Had to paint it up a bit to sit with McFarlane RAY:
17017_10100693136276748_925194466_n.jpg

ThreeA REX:
602888_10100643755690838_151320386_n.jpg

Phone pics are a little shitty.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']This guy.

Comes with this:

I've got a ton of PAK figures (Metal Gear, Cowboy Bebop, DMC, etc.) Super poseable. They look pretty tits next to eachother on shelves too.[/QUOTE]

Part of me regrets not getting the DMC ones. They were awesome and pretty cheap at $40...better than the Revoltech's too.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']I have em both.

ThreeA REX:

Phone pics are a little shitty.[/QUOTE]
I am officially jelly. Aren't those Megaman X figures the 15 year old kits(I have a couple of them) or are they the more recent releases?

edit: I love how Konami is trolling Capcom by giving away the VR Mission DLC for free for 2 weeks and timing the announcement with the DmC preorder fiasco.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']I have em both.

ThreeA REX:

Phone pics are a little shitty.[/QUOTE]wow thats badass I have all of those bandai mega man figures so to see the scale of that rex figure is pretty amazing

[quote name='dohdough']Part of me regrets not getting the DMC ones. They were awesome and pretty cheap at $40...better than the Revoltech's too.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. I've got Revoltech's Zone of the Enders line because they're amazing, but I don't trust the guys to do human sculpts too well.

Was it hard to put the rex figure together? I assume they're snap together? I have the zero and mega man kotobukiya figures

[quote name='GUNNM']Was it hard to put the rex figure together? I assume they're snap together? I have the zero and mega man kotobukiya figures[/QUOTE]

Yeah, plastic injection, snaps together. Comes in sheets like this.
metal_gear_rex_plastic_model_kit_unpainted_01.jpg

Took me longer than the Koto Jehuty and Vic Viper kits I built. Those guys stand alone well enough without paint though. Poor REX is just too plain to stand up to the other guys without any details. I'd say between work and just doing other shit, I spent about a full day on REX.

The D-Arts Mega Man figs are great too. I've been keeping on top of that series. Got all of the X characters as well as Classic Mega Man. Bass/Treble are preordered. Vile comes with a fucking glass of bourbon, because why wouldn't he?

I'm waiting for the bass myself. They took a pole of what they should do next and volnutt won I'm hoping they make that next

[quote name='GUNNM']I'm waiting for the bass myself. They took a pole of what they should do next and volnutt won I'm hoping they make that next[/QUOTE]

If I could, I would fund an entire line of Legends toys from D-Arts. I'd put my wedding off for that shit, I just want the BONNE FAMILY, SON.

Uraaaaizen! I'mma go pick up SFxT today because I can get it for $5 from GS. Could we play tonight maaaybe?

If not, anyone wanna play some Sony Smash tonight? I'm leaving tomorrow for my girlfriend's place and I'll be gone for a while so I'd like to get some gaming in.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Yeah, plastic injection, snaps together. Comes in sheets like this.
metal_gear_rex_plastic_model_kit_unpainted_01.jpg

Took me longer than the Koto Jehuty and Vic Viper kits I built. Those guys stand alone well enough without paint though. Poor REX is just too plain to stand up to the other guys without any details. I'd say between work and just doing other shit, I spent about a full day on REX.[/quote]
Nice. I still have my Koto Jehuty unassembled in the box and it's been sitting on a shelf for a year. Was pretty stoked that it cost me less than $50 on Amazon and I had it preordered for $70 from BBTS for 4 months beforehand. No brainer there.

The most challenging and time consuming models for me are the PG Gundams. OG Gundam($60 on craigslist...a total steal) took me a few days and I still haven't finished the GP-01 Fb I got in 2008.

The D-Arts Mega Man figs are great too. I've been keeping on top of that series. Got all of the X characters as well as Classic Mega Man. Bass/Treble are preordered. Vile comes with a fucking glass of bourbon, because why wouldn't he?
Yeah, those are super badass figures. I really wanted to get a couple, but couldn't justify it. All my stuff just sits on a shelf collecting dust, so I feel weird about buying something if I don't play with them...haha. I have the Dangaio and DMC3 Dante Revotechs and they're still in the box.:lol: The only thing I have "on display" is a Macross Frontier Alto Armored VF-25.

[quote name='GUNNM']I'm waiting for the bass myself. They took a pole of what they should do next and volnutt won I'm hoping they make that next[/QUOTE]

Wut gud is a pole doe?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Uraaaaizen! I'mma go pick up SFxT today because I can get it for $5 from GS. Could we play tonight maaaybe?

If not, anyone wanna play some Sony Smash tonight? I'm leaving tomorrow for my girlfriend's place and I'll be gone for a while so I'd like to get some gaming in.[/QUOTE]

Holler at me, I can play either, I should be around after, say... 8:30pm EST.
Lucky for me, I can cross play either on Vita too if I wanted to. ;)

[quote name='snakemaster2389']u have a gf lil bro? what? when did this happen? she know u like that big bro cock yet?[/QUOTE]
She knows I'm quite fond of my cock, bro :cool:

[quote name='panzerfaust']man those ice climbing picks are like $600[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you haven't looked at them too much before? Shit's cray expensive. I lucked out a few years and picked up a couple at a going out of business sale for a little mom and pop camping place. Got some really nice ones for around $90 after tax. Haven't used them, but it's good to know I have it incase I ever do.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Lucky for me, I can cross play either on Vita too if I wanted to. ;)[/QUOTE]
SWEET! Deffs will do, Frosty!

I don't know if I can still safely discuss Civ 5 in here (maybe there should be a thread in PC), but I was doing my Rome ICS on tougher levels and aiming to settle roughly 1 city every 10 turns. No warmongering, just straight aggressive expansion.

So at turn 120, I've got 11 cities, all of but one of which are on rivers so these fuckers are hammertastic. I lucked into a shitload of incense that I used with the pantheon to get my religion founded first, plus I used the Liberty completion great person GP for my second Prophet. I get tithing, pagodas, the +1 smiley from shrines, and 34% increased spread rate. My religion is everywhere, it's a beast, it's making me cash and getting me +12 smileys (maybe less, not sure if the newer settlements are up to 3 pop).

I've got crazy happiness, something like 20+ smileys (and this is without a lot of luxuries besides the damn incense, maybe 4 others). And not only that, my beakers per turn is pretty good, I paused between the 6th and 7th settlements to grab my Nat'l College, and at T120 every settlement has a university or is building one. I've got 2400 gold, GPT is +70 or so.

My civ is a monster, that's what I'm saying.

Yet somehow, Orange Bill to the south with his 3 cities is ~20 pts ahead of me on the scoreboard, with everyone else far, far behind. It's a good example of why I don't pay attention the scoreboard. Or rather, why I've never bothered to understand the scoring algorithm. Because really, WTF. Rome's got the GPT, they've got the hammers. At this point, whatever victory condition Rome wants, Rome gets.

I'm guessing Bill just wonder whored his way to the top, I completely ignored wonders. Doesn't matter, I'm done with that save. ICS can do it all, all you really need is your neighbors to be spaced well.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']This guy.

Comes with this:

I've got a ton of PAK figures (Metal Gear, Cowboy Bebop, DMC, etc.) Super poseable. They look pretty tits next to eachother on shelves too.[/QUOTE]
refuse to buy figures with visible joints
even if it is lara croft

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']lol whoknows is gettin lit up in the amazon warehouse thread.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see anything.

[quote name='whoknows']They're just a bunch of haters.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure.

[quote name='The Crotch']That trailer was... kinda lame.

Kinda lame as all fuck.[/QUOTE]

I agree. That's why I didn't watch it.

[quote name='icebeast']One of the funniest moments in Tomb Raider so far, Laura has been shivering a lot for the first part of the game due to being rained on, but then you get to a part where she's up in an area where snow is coming down, and she's still rocking her tank top and seems perfectly fine with the temperature, haha.

Still really enjoying the game though I'm like four and half hours in now.[/QUOTE]

Why did you spell Lara wrong?

I mean, the two names are even pronounced differently.

[quote name='distgfx']
rUvSn7L.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's funny.

[quote name='GUNNM']Playing TR this is how the hunting aspect in AC 3 should have been. A real reason to hunt animals for food and not for shitty antlers and perfect deer hides.[/QUOTE]

I heard the hunting is superficial and just gives you xp. So is this just sarcasm or do you think a real reason to hunt is for xp?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Uraaaaizen! I'mma go pick up SFxT today because I can get it for $5 from GS. Could we play tonight maaaybe?

If not, anyone wanna play some Sony Smash tonight? I'm leaving tomorrow for my girlfriend's place and I'll be gone for a while so I'd like to get some gaming in.[/QUOTE]

I'll play tonight dawg.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']u have a gf lil bro? what? when did this happen? she know u like that big bro cock yet?[/QUOTE]

I like you.

[quote name='dothog']I don't know if I can still safely discuss Civ 5 in here (maybe there should be a thread in PC)[/QUOTE]

BEuDAGLCMAAiEW3.jpg:large

If we can sit here and have stupid, irrelevant discussions about Leda, than we can talk about Civ V.

Besides, Crotch talks about it nonstop.

And speaking of, Leda got mad on twitter last night cuz someone said Matt is famous cuz of her.

Oh, and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeCkt_kujt4

Awesome. Incidentally, if Leda plays Civ, my opinion of her has changed dramatically. To the extent that I would hesitate to kick her cats. That's a pretty big "if," though. Who knows, she could be all about ICS.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Wut gud is a pole doe?

Lucky for me, I can cross play either on Vita too if I wanted to. ;)[/QUOTE]
I changed it from pool to pole :D
dat shit kray yo

[quote name='Indignate']yyy[/QUOTE]
Oh I'm not really that far into the game I had to kill a deer to feed lara I assumed it was something to do throughout the game.

I really do like Rome, but I'm finding it hard to play as not-Inca. Mountainous terrain just feels so wasteful when I'm playing as anyone but them. I look at it and imagine the glorious terrace farms and get sad. I hate slingers, though. Such a lame ranged UU.

Also, I can't not build the Great Pyramid. Even if I don't get any wonders after that, I gotta get mah workers.
[quote name='Indignate']How excited does everybody think Whoknows is about the new pokemon movie bringing back Mewtwo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeFEAA4JvaM[/QUOTE]
Call me when the next Smash Brothers is bringing him back.

fuck Lucario, yo.
[quote name='icebeast']One of the funniest moments in Tomb Raider so far, Laura has been shivering a lot for the first part of the game due to being rained on, but then you get to a part where she's up in an area where snow is coming down, and she's still rocking her tank top and seems perfectly fine with the temperature, haha.[/QUOTE]
Trust me, it is way better to be out in snow than rain. Even though it has to be colder to make snow, the rain will make you way colder way faster.

[quote name='The Crotch']Trust me, it is way better to be out in snow than rain. Even though it has to be colder to make snow, the rain will make you way colder way faster.[/QUOTE]
Troof. I wish I knew the science behind it. I'm guessing it has to to with the difference in the type of precipitation between rain and snow despite similar measurements of relative humidity and how heat is more easily conducted away from your body because of it.

All this talk of Civ 5 makes me want to play again.

[quote name='Indignate']Why did you spell Lara wrong?][/QUOTE]

Not gonna lie, I'm sure I've seen her name before correctly, but I thought that was how it was spelled.

[quote name='The Crotch']Trust me, it is way better to be out in snow than rain. Even though it has to be colder to make snow, the rain will make you way colder way faster.[/QUOTE]

Faster sure, but she was running around a mountain in the snow wearing a tank top for an hour or more and then climbing a radio tower and she was apparently not cold at all, nor did she think to maybe steal some clothes from a corpse to bundle up. Like old Lara knew how to bundle up:

tr319.jpg

[quote name='dohdough']Troof. I wish I knew the science behind it. I'm guessing it has to to with the difference in the type of precipitation between rain and snow despite similar measurements of relative humidity and how heat is more easily conducted away from your body because of it.

All this talk of Civ 5 makes me want to play again.[/QUOTE]
Aside from liquids being flat-out better at heat transfer than solids (and gas better than liquids), there's also the rather simple matter that rain penetrates clothing and it stays there. Snow just kind of... hits you and then falls away.

Probably has something to do with being soaked in water, also, in the raining scene she was is in obvious shock from what had happened. The game does a good job of toughening her character from that point onwards. And a brisk winter breeze isn't going to make your teeth chatter. 40 degrees is t-shirt weather in chicago.

[quote name='panzerfaust']And a brisk winter breeze isn't going to make your teeth chatter. 40 degrees is t-shirt weather in chicago.[/QUOTE]

But it was probably 32 degrees or less where she was, since snow was coming down and there was snow already on the ground. And I'm sure you haven't gone climbing to the top of a radio tower in that weather wearing a t-shirt.

One of my favorite things about the game so far is how they actually change her navigation animations. Compare her running in the beginning of the game to four hours in. The confidence is a really great addition.

people tremble for different reasons in relation to cold, you know. it's not a universal reaction to stepping outside at a certain temperature. look up some russian youtube videos, those people don't feel anything -- or more to the point, they choose not to show it. and i'm sure after jogging across half an island and being hopped up on firefight adrenaline, you can tough it out for 30 minutes without worrying about your body temperature.

[quote name='panzerfaust']people tremble for different reasons in relation to cold, you know. it's not a universal reaction to stepping outside at a certain temperature. look up some russian youtube videos, those people don't feel anything. and i'm sure after jogging across half an island and being hopped up on fireight adrenaline, you can tough it out for 30 minutes.[/QUOTE]

are u single panzer? just wonderin cause u must get ass all the time damn:drool:

[quote name='panzerfaust']it's not a universal reaction to stepping outside at a certain temperature.[/QUOTE]

But she didn't just step outside, she literally was just apparently really cold from rain like 10-15 minutes earlier which means she was probably still wet when the temperature drops to below freezing, and maybe I just don't play all that quickly but I had her out there for probably at least 45 minutes.

was she shivering throughout the entire rain sequence? i'm pretty sure it was only that cutscene after the initial escape, which would explain her nerves.

as for wet clothing, the campfires imply that she rests and drys off.

[quote name='The Crotch']Guess it's a really nice wool tanktop, then.[/QUOTE]

Haha, maybe.

[quote name='panzerfaust']was she shivering throughout the entire rain sequence? i'm pretty sure it was only that cutscene after the initial escape, which would explain her nerves.

as for wet clothing, the campfires imply that she rests and drys off.[/QUOTE]

She was shivering again when she makes it to the camp at the bunker leading to the radio tower.

And sure, I guess; I don't know, that part was just hard to suspend my disbelief because I know if that was me I would have turned into a popsicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back