GGT 224 just realized that life is one big circle jerk with QTEs and grinding

[quote name='corrosivefrost']don't let panzer hear you.[/QUOTE]

this is a special time because the circle jerk between TR fans is going to start meeting the first rounds of negative opinions and somewhere in there will be a good discussion. but sadly this will only last a short while before the tables completely turn. TR is a 100% handheld sequence of set pieces, QTEs, and holding of the analog stick through crumbling architecture. it will be the most overrated game of 2013 come year's end, guaranteed.

so let's cherish this moment of equilibrium while it lasts.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Man, you guys need to lay off the acronyms when talking about civ 5. I've played it and I still have no idea what you guys are talking about.[/QUOTE]
DOW is a declaration of war. DOF is a declaration of friendship. ICS is infinite city sprawl, a strategy of shitting out as many cities as you can. UA/UU/UB is the unique ability/unit/building of a civ. RA is a research agreement. That all of them so far?

EDIT: Oh, right, SS is space shuttle parts. *PT is "something" per turn. Beakers (science), gold, hammers (production), etc.

Sorry for the jargon and abbreviations. Civ is definitely a wordy game.

Crotch, I hope you stick to the warmonger thing. You've got a good shot if you roll Monty without too much trouble, puppeting and annexing where appropriate.

[quote name='panzerfaust']t will be the most overrated game of 2013 come year's end, guaranteed.

so let's cherish this moment of equilibrium while it lasts.[/QUOTE]
I agree and yes there are a lot of set pieces. oh look lara walking on a crumbling [insert item] now watch her out run everything without your help decent rental but I'm glad I didn't buy it.

[quote name='panzerfaust']this is a special time because the circle jerk between TR fans is going to start meeting the first rounds of negative opinions and somewhere in there will be a good discussion. but sadly this will only last a short while before the tables completely turn. TR is a 100% handheld sequence of set pieces, QTEs, and holding of the analog stick through crumbling architecture. it will be the most overrated game of 2013 come year's end, guaranteed.

Agreed. What a hype train.

Found 1/5 Hype Trains +25XP

[quote name='Seraphinianus']Agreed. What a hype train.

Found 1/5 Hype Trains +25XP[/QUOTE]
Hype train challenge added. The voice acting is great doe. The new lara is awesome and sexy and I would totally go steady with her.

[quote name='The Crotch']DOW is a declaration of war. DOF is a declaration of friendship. ICS is infinite city sprawl, a strategy of shitting out as many cities as you can. UA/UU/UB is the unique ability/unit/building of a civ. RA is a research agreement. That all of them so far?

EDIT: Oh, right, SS is space shuttle parts. *PT is "something" per turn. Beakers (science), gold, hammers (production), etc.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dothog']Sorry for the jargon and abbreviations. Civ is definitely a wordy game.

Crotch, I hope you stick to the warmonger thing. You've got a good shot if you roll Monty without too much trouble, puppeting and annexing where appropriate.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, brosives. I do enjoy reading about civ.

[quote name='panzerfaust']this is a special time because the circle jerk between TR fans is going to start meeting the first rounds of negative opinions and somewhere in there will be a good discussion. but sadly this will only last a short while before the tables completely turn. TR is a 100% handheld sequence of set pieces, QTEs, and holding of the analog stick through crumbling architecture. it will be the most overrated game of 2013 come year's end, guaranteed.

So what you're saying is Sony fanboys should love it?

TR is honestly one of my favorite games this gen, I'm just saying I expect a strong backlash towards it later down the road since it does so many things people love to hate.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']
I won't lie, I was/am a little tempted to grab one just to have access to MH on the big screen. Just a little more than I feel like dropping right now. I know there are games coming down the WiiU pipe that I want to play, but I'll prolly wait for em to actually come out.

You know if there's crossplay between the WiiU/3DS versions?

Edit: Looks like there are some Wii U consoles in my area for around 250. You digging the console so far? Think it's worth it?
[/QUOTE]

I've been enjoying my console, I know it hasn't been selling to hot but there haven't been games coming out (I currently have Mario, ZombiU, NintendoLand, and Warriors Orochi; with Monster Hunter, Lego City, and Wind Waker HD pre-ordered). Monster Hunter 3DS/Wii U has crossplay if you have people in the same room, but the 3DS version can't connect online without a Wii U in the room (I guess it works like that one PSP program through PS3 but it might only be for MH). Overall, I'd say it depends on how much you want to spend and if you'd rather wait for more games to come out or not.

[quote name='panzerfaust']TR is honestly one of my favorite games this gen, I'm just saying I expect a strong backlash towards it later down the road since it does so many things people love to hate.[/QUOTE]

I've also been really enjoying this game, it does a lot of things that I think are great. I will say I wish the puzzles were a bit harder, but outside of that I've been really enjoying it.

EDIT: Just wanted to add in that playing on hard makes it more fun as well, and not using the LB button to see where everything is (this way you actually have to explore the areas and such, it's what I've been doing and I haven't finished everything in the game yet)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlueScrote']

So what you're saying is Sony fanboys should love it?[/QUOTE]

No. The shivering isn't good enough in it.

Now Uncharted 2? That had some great shivering.

[quote name='whoknows']No. The shivering isn't good enough in it.

Now Uncharted 2? That had some great shivering.[/QUOTE]
did u get this yet whoknows?

288m44j.png

I too will have my very own doll to play with

Oh and I checked that thread and you lied.

Just goes to show that the PS3 version is so much more desirable than the bad version.

Oh maybe it was for xbox then cant remember
I don't rely on the AWD thread for my findings
#RealGamers

ill let you know if I see one though
it can be tricky with all the 3rd parties
listing their regular versions under CE for some reason

[quote name='GUNNM']Hype train challenge added. The voice acting is great doe. The new lara is awesome and sexy and I would totally go steady with her.[/QUOTE]

Camilla Luddington
https://www.google.com/search?q=camilla+luddington&hl=en&client=safari&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=RopCUaPHMqPI2AX1o4H4Bw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=444

I'd rather they not reward those people for being slackers.

Should round up all those people and put them in gated communities.

Thanks again for the help, Frost. Now to keep chipping away at dem solo trophs. Prolly gonna be a while before I get around to hardcore. Not looking forward to it.

---

That's some shitty news about MH3U. I didn't know you had to Ad-Hoc the shit to play online with the 3DS version. Kinda bummed about the whole thing now.

[quote name='whoknows']Oh. I meant gated in the way that the people living in it aren't allowed to leave.[/QUOTE]
whos going to pay people to keep them in there?

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Thanks again for the help, Frost. Now to keep chipping away at dem solo trophs. Prolly gonna be a while before I get around to hardcore. Not looking forward to it.

---

That's some shitty news about MH3U. I didn't know you had to Ad-Hoc the shit to play online with the 3DS version. Kinda bummed about the whole thing now.[/QUOTE]

NP... if you need any help/advice, been there, done those. :)
And you had great timing -- when I saw your message, I paused, read it, then thought, "it just saved. and if we're going to go for the trophies right away, we can knock them out easily here, I bet."

I was a bit worried about that supercharger one, but apparently it wasn't too bad.
Having the devil horns with me was absolutely great for both the boss battle and the part with the core in the conning tower.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Having the devil horns with me was absolutely great for both the boss battle and the part with the core in the conning tower.[/QUOTE]

Even better for the elevator/tram jam sessions.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Even better for the elevator/tram jam sessions.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't sure if you would be mad if I was rocking out with it, so I kept going back to my main weapon too. ;)

But yeah, after pure survival with those hallucination sections... I was like I'm keeping the horns on me. fuck it.

Worst/hardest part of DS3 without a doubt was doing the impossible run coop mission 3. Carver vs the Marker? fuck.

Speaking of TR...

[Quick background: I pre-ordered Tomb Raider, bought it, decided to exchange it. I figured my $60 would be better spent on other games, MORE games, and I've been wanting to play No More Heroes for the longest time.]

So I went to go exchange Tomb Raider for No More Heroes on PS3 at GS (I'm never gonna get around to it til the price drops start coming, anywho...), and the guy there is a middle-aged man with an english accent and proceeds to brand himself as a less-than-adequate sales rep by laughing in my face and repeating "WOW...wow...WOOOOW, you want to trade this in for THAT?!?"

I look the man in the eyes and hold back from opening a can of whoop ass, telling him "Yes, I'm exchanging this brand new game which I can easily find later on for THAT game which is harder to come by (in my area). That's it."

So he manages to shut up for a couple seconds while the other child of a GS cashier just stands behind the counter; motionless, quiet. He wouldn't bother to acknowledge me even when I first came in approaching the counter, asking him to help me while the other guy was still busy on the phone.

The silence ends as he abruptly begins to yammer on about how great Tomb Raider is and how the game I'm exchanging it for isn't even good. The entire exchange transaction seems to come to a crawl as he continues muttering to himself and punches keys in one...by........one...and one more....wait.....hmmmmm....*tap tap tap*

Process comple-
"So do you want to do anything else with the difference? Like pre-order this new game..."
"No. That's all" :)
"Oh but you'll want to get Destiny..."
"Not yet"
"You'll definitely want Ass Creed IV. Come on, you know you want it!"
"No man. That's it." :|
"Oh hey! It says your card is expiring soon, do you want to renew?"
"No thanks. I'll do it later"
"Well you know you saved over $$$ amount this year, you're gonna want that card again." *I spaced out for a second*
"It's ok, I'll do it later"

Finally, he hands me the game and my change but keeps the old receipt. Now out of the dozens of GS employees I've dealt with I've always been given the old receipt back, so I simply ask for my old receipt back (I like to keep track of all my spending down to the penny). The ever-so-helpful soul refuses.

"I can't do that. I've taken the game back, so I must keep the receipt!", he retorts.
"I've always been given the receipt."
"Well I can't do that, you probably just want it for the codes huh?" (I've had the receipt for a day, I think I could manage to use them beforehand.)
"No, I like to keep track of my purchases."

Now this had become a personal conflict of "I'm tired of your shit", so I asked for it again. He proceeds to take the receipt, rip off the lower half, and hand me the piece with the codes. I swipe it out of his hand, glare at him, and walk out. As I'm exiting, I hear him smugly say "Thank you!"

I was tempted to go back in and shove his foot down his mouth, but decided against it since...well...there are laws against that sort of thing and I have a conscience.
>:/

tl;dr - GS employee decided to give me a hard time and I felt like typing. A lot. Like a novel.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I wasn't sure if you would be mad if I was rocking out with it, so I kept going back to my main weapon too. ;)

But yeah, after pure survival with those hallucination sections... I was like I'm keeping the horns on me. fuck it.

Worst/hardest part of DS3 without a doubt was doing the impossible run coop mission 3. Carver vs the Marker? fuck.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, didn't bug me for a second. I've adored every DS game, but I've seen enough of 3 for a while. Just plowing through shit at this point.

I doubt I'll even do any of the co-op stuff on Impossible. I'm not even stopping for side missions on Classic. I figure I've got 97.5% completion on my first save file; I"ll just head back to that to mop up collectibles at some point.

I was losing my shit when I heard Isaac yelling "BANGBANGBANG." Been a while since rocking the handcannon in 2. Such a good reward.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Speaking of TR...

[Quick background: I pre-ordered Tomb Raider, bought it, decided to exchange it. I figured my $60 would be better spent on other games, MORE games, and I've been wanting to play No More Heroes for the longest time.]

So I went to go exchange Tomb Raider for No More Heroes on PS3 at GS (I'm never gonna get around to it til the price drops start coming, anywho...), and the guy there is a middle-aged man with an english accent and proceeds to brand himself as a less-than-adequate sales rep by laughing in my face and repeating "WOW...wow...WOOOOW, you want to trade this in for THAT?!?"

I look the man in the eyes and hold back from opening a can of whoop ass, telling him "Yes, I'm exchanging this brand new game which I can easily find later on for THAT game which is harder to come by (in my area). That's it."

So he manages to shut up for a couple seconds while the other child of a GS cashier just stands behind the counter; motionless, quiet. He wouldn't bother to acknowledge me even when I first came in approaching the counter, asking him to help me while the other guy was still busy on the phone.

The silence ends as he abruptly begins to yammer on about how great Tomb Raider is and how the game I'm exchanging it for isn't even good. The entire exchange transaction seems to come to a crawl as he continues muttering to himself and punches keys in one...by........one...and one more....wait.....hmmmmm....*tap tap tap*

Process comple-
"So do you want to do anything else with the difference? Like pre-order this new game..."
"No. That's all" :)
"Oh but you'll want to get Destiny..."
"Not yet"
"You'll definitely want Ass Creed IV. Come on, you know you want it!"
"No man. That's it." :|
"Oh hey! It says your card is expiring soon, do you want to renew?"
"No thanks. I'll do it later"
"Well you know you saved over $$$ amount this year, you're gonna want that card again." *I spaced out for a second*
"It's ok, I'll do it later"

Finally, he hands me the game and my change but keeps the old receipt. Now out of the dozens of GS employees I've dealt with I've always been given the old receipt back, so I simply ask for my old receipt back (I like to keep track of all my spending down to the penny). The ever-so-helpful soul refuses.

"I can't do that. I've taken the game back, so I must keep the receipt!", he retorts.
"I've always been given the receipt."
"Well I can't do that, you probably just want it for the codes huh?" (I've had the receipt for a day, I think I could manage to use them beforehand.)
"No, I like to keep track of my purchases."

Now this had become a personal conflict of "I'm tired of your shit", so I asked for it again. He proceeds to take the receipt, rip off the lower half, and hand me the piece with the codes. I swipe it out of his hand, glare at him, and walk out. As I'm exiting, I hear him smugly say "Thank you!"

I was tempted to go back in and shove his foot down his mouth, but decided against it since...well...there are laws against that sort of thing and I have a conscience.
>:/

tl;dr - GS employee decided to give me a hard time and I felt like typing. A lot. Like a novel.[/QUOTE]
TellGameStop.com

You're easily entitled to at LEAST a $20 gift card. District managers flip shit over that kinda stuff. Also, good job not slapping the shit out of the guy verbally or physically.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']
That's some shitty news about MH3U. I didn't know you had to Ad-Hoc the shit to play online with the 3DS version. Kinda bummed about the whole thing now.[/QUOTE]

I agree, one of the reasons I didn't order the 3DS version yet, it's a shame since they've done a lot of online games on 3DS that worked fine as well. At least you can still do all of the multiplayer quests (albeit they might be harder solo, but you have the option).

[quote name='MoCiWe']I agree, one of the reasons I didn't order the 3DS version yet, it's a shame since they've done a lot of online games on 3DS that worked fine as well. At least you can still do all of the multiplayer quests (albeit they might be harder solo, but you have the option).[/QUOTE]

I guess if nothing else, I'd at least be able to build up my career solo and transfer to WiiU whenever I end up getting one.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']you seem to be a very angry person[/quote]
The guy in that video is an angry person. Patrick Bateman was an angry man. I am neither. =D

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back