GGT 238 is born again

[quote name='GUNNM']So what PS3 games should I buy? I own both sigma games, MGS 4 and all of the god of war games. Anything else I should get?[/QUOTE]
Definitely don't bother with any Killzone or Resistance games. They are trash.

Folklore is cool and probably would cost $3 at this point. Also Tokyo Jungle.

I'll check out Folklore and V. Chronicles
Was gonna try yakuza deadsouls because it has zombies but after watching some gameplay it doesn't look that good

Get Heavy Rain. I picked it up brand new for 10 bucks a few weeks back during a sale at Gamestop. I can't imagine it's more than about 20 bucks at this point.

[quote name='Indignate']From what I've heard, We Are The In Crowd isn't terribad, but this is just NO.
[/QUOTE]

I love WATIN. That cover isn't... that bad. Not the best cover, but for what it is, it's aight. It would be interesting if they made an album like this though.

[quote name='GhostShark']Get Heavy Rain. I picked it up brand new for 10 bucks a few weeks back during a sale at Gamestop. I can't imagine it's more than about 20 bucks at this point.[/QUOTE]

"Daddy, I just want to watch TV. Just a few more minutes? Daddy!"

I turned off my PS3, ejected the disc and haven't touched the game since.

[quote name='Luxuria']"Daddy, I just want to watch TV. Just a few more minutes? Daddy!"

I turned off my PS3, ejected the disc and haven't touched the game since.[/QUOTE]

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnn!

Valkyria Chronicles totally does. Main Character's little sister if I remember right. Kate Higgins is up in that too.

Folklore has no VO, sadly.

Heavy Rain is full of lolzy French people trying to pass an American accent and failing terribly at it.

[quote name='GUNNM']I will be getting valk chron first then. Thanks indignate[/QUOTE]

Something Valkyria Chonicles something.

Good choice.

The game doesn't have trophies by the way. Ya know... in case you're into that type of stuff.

s9xl2Kb.jpg

idra fired from evil geniuses.

[quote name='whoknows']Post reported.

I hope you get banned.[/QUOTE]

Who are you?

An active member of the GGT? Or participant in my life?

I don't think so.

You should probably go back to wherever it is that you work before you get fired.

[quote name='Indignate']From what I've heard, We Are The In Crowd isn't terribad, but this is just NO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HibeDQsX1I

This is for Hank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcbOfVKSMkA[/QUOTE]
First song isn't bad, honestly.

Second song is pure lulz. Imma go put that on Mikey's FB wall right nao.

[quote name='Indignate']Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnn![/QUOTE]
JASON!!

JASON!!
[quote name='Indignate']Looks incredible on the PC.[/QUOTE]
That it does.
[quote name='Indignate']Who are you?

An active member of the GGT? Or participant in my life?

I don't think so.

You should probably go back to wherever it is that you work before you get fired.[/QUOTE]
Walmart.

[quote name='BlueScrote']
s9xl2Kb.jpg

idra fired from evil geniuses.[/QUOTE]
Yep. Feel kinda sorry for the dude, but it's for the best. Incontrol? He's had his bumps, but he's managing his transition from relevant player to community figure pretty fucking well. Idra? He was supposed to be the talented asshole, but he can't even get the first part of that down. I mean, shit, publicly refusing to practice with a teammate who's better than you, who plays the race you know you face next in a major tournament? Christ.

Watching this from 41:00 to 48:00 is such an amazing god damn thing.

I have no clue who cany of those people are or what they're doing.

Crotch, explain it all in great detail.

Or do your video review that was promised.

Or both.

Both.

Just got out of class, that Saints Row video looks amazing, I also agree with pretty much everything that they are far more fun then GTA4 and don't really have much interest in 5, I did also enjoy Crackdown so it's like a combination of both, which is fine by me.

[quote name='Indignate']I have no clue who cany of those people are or what they're doing.

Crotch, explain it all in great detail.

Or do your video review that was promised.

Or both.

Both.[/QUOTE]
More words than the situation deserves:

Idra was arguably the most talented non-Korean Brood War player ever, though Nony would vehemently disagree (and the infamous game where Nony beat Idra with a single probe is a classic). He played for the Korean team CJ Entus, a Big fucking Deal team best known as the home of the even more controversial zerg, Savior. Idra was also a whiny, arrogant little shit, and drew the ire of many. Long-retired American Brood War player Rekrul summed up Idra in his "Foreigners Suck" series:

[quote name='Rekrul']IdrA: you are the biggest most pathetic grovelling $$$$$$ of them all. U blow at Starcraft. OK U have decent Macro sometimes. Thats about it.

Where the fuck have all the manners gone? You are cocky as fuck and think you're a god. You blow. You know you can't win straight up so you try to cheat your way into winning a match that you don't deserve to win.

Do you pathetic little nerds have any idea about how anything works in the world? Is being complete scum of the earth okay as long as you can hide behind your keyboard? If you make it to China I hope someone bashes you with a shovel.[/quote]

Come Starcraft 2, he was quickly picked up by Evil Genius, the self-proclaimed "New York Yankees of eSports", who you fucking weeaboos probably know from your god damn fighting games. Idra was often mocked for his arrogance and his incessant balance whine, but his stream numbers were good, he had great results against other foreigners, amd could even play decently against Koreans sometimes, so fuck, whatever.

Idra's most infamous quality, though? Giving up in games at the most nonsensical fucking times. Here's the ending of a game of his against a Canadian protoss, where he sees what he thinks is a larger army than his opponent would normally have (because a huge-ass chunk of it was actually worthless hallucinations) and surrenders a few seconds later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40ccy9kljvI

Here he is crushing the army of MMA, a Korean who was at the time regarded by some as the best in the world, and immediately giving up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-kBxbbtYZc

And there are countless other examples, but unfortunately, no handy Youtube videos to go along with them. If you check out the link I posted earlier of Idra Vs Polt (a very strong Korean terran), you will see the following: Idra completely dominating Polt for 20 minutes, one of the commentators joking about Idra ragequitting while ahead, Idra letting Polt back into the game for the next ten minutes, and finally, Idra ragequitting as soon as they got on even footing. In the second game of the best-of-three, he attempted a fast all-in that did not even manage to destroy a single supply depot.

That, of course, led to a billion Idra jokes on TL, Twitter, Reddit, etc. That led to him insulting people on TL (see: the picture BlueScrote posted), and that led to him getting temp-banned from TL (it happens a lot) and getting kicked from his team.

EDIT: TL is teamliquid.net, the dominant English-speaking Starcraft community.

EDIT2: I guess I mentioned one other name there: Incontrol, another American zerg from the Brood War days who also got picked up by EG (though he switched to protoss). Good by American standards, albeit never as good as Idra back in the day. Bombed pretty hard in Starcraft 2, but fortunately for him, it turns out he can be pretty charming and witty when he wants to be. He's slowly transitioning from being focused entirely on playing the game to hosting and commentating for events.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok that was way more about pro Starcraft than I needed to know or even remotely cared about.

Thanks for nothing, Crotch lol.

I cared about every single piece of that.

I just replaced all the names and stuff with Leda.

[quote name='The Crotch']More words than the situation deserves:

Leda was arguably the most talented non-Leda Leda player ever, though Leda would vehemently disagree (and the infamous game where Leda beat Leda with a single Leda is a classic). He played for the Leda team Leda, a Big fucking Deal team best known as the home of the even more controversial Leda, Leda. Leda was also a whiny, arrogant little shit, and drew the ire of many. Long-retired Leda Leda player Leda summed up Leda in his "Ledas Suck" series:

Come Leda 2, he was quickly picked up by Evil Leda, the self-proclaimed "New York Leda of eSports", who you fucking Ledas probably know from your god damn Leda games. Leda was often mocked for his arrogance and his incessant balance whine, but his Leda numbers were good, he had great results against other Ledas, amd could even play decently againstLeda s sometimes, so fuck, whatever.

Leda's most infamous quality, though? Giving up in games at the most nonsensical fucking times. Here's the ending of a game of his against a Canadian Leda, where he sees what he thinks is a larger army than his opponent would normally have (because a huge-ass chunk of it was actually worthless hallucinations) and surrenders a few seconds later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40ccy9kljvI

Here he is crushing the army of Leda, a Leda who was at the time regarded by some as the best in the Leda, and immediately giving up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-kBxbbtYZc

And there are countless other examples, but unfortunately, no handy Leda videos to go along with them. If you check out the link I posted earlier of Leda Vs Leda (a very strong Korean Leda), you will see the following: Leda completely dominating Leda for 20 minutes, one of the Leda joking about Leda Ledaquitting while ahead, Leda letting Leda back into the game for the next ten minutes, and finally,Leda Ledaquitting as soon as they got on even footing. In the second game of the best-of-three, he attempted a fast Leda-in that did not even manage to destroy a single Leda depot.

That, of course, led to a billion Leda jokes on LMB, Ledater, Ledait, etc. That led to him insulting people on LMB (see: the picture LedaScrote posted), and that led to him getting Leda-banned from LMB (it happens a lot) and getting kicked from his team.

EDIT: LMB is LedaMonsterbunny, the dominant Leda-speaking Leda community.

EDIT2: I guess I mentioned one other name there: Leda, another American Leda from the Brood Leda days who also got picked up by Leda (though he switched to Ledaoss). Good by Leda standards, albeit never as good as Leda back in the day. Bombed pretty hard in Leda 2, but fortunately for him, it turns out he can be pretty charming and witty when he wants to be. He's slowly transitioning from being focused entirely on playing the game to hosting and commentating for Leda.[/QUOTE]

When does club nintendo give out the awards for gold/platinum status? I just got gold status so I'm wondering what the deal is since it resets in about 6 weeks.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Well, at least I found out my reward status for the year is "gold". Based off last year, I should get like 4 virtual console games and a calendar![/QUOTE]

A: If only that was your reward, you get to pick between a calender OR 1 of those 4 games, Platinum prizes are usually somewhat better (I have 1 from each year so far, will get it again this year)

B: Don't expect to see your reward in the mail for a long time :p

omgomgomg

"The clock may start ticking again at Fox. I’ve learned that the network is looking to bring back signature real-time drama 24 as a limited series. Kiefer Sutherland is in early talks to reprise his Emmy-winning role as Agent Jack Bauer. No deals are in place, but Fox is looking to do 24 as part of its recent push in limited event series. Since 24 ended its Emmyw-winning 8-season run on Fox in 2010, there has been an effort to continue the story in a feature, which never took off. I hear the idea is to start from scratch with a new story arc that will likely be supervised by former 24 showrunner Howard Gordon, who is under a deal at 20th Century Fox TV, the studio behidd 24."

He got his wife killed and his daughter hates him maybe.

Isn't he on the run from the government and everybody cuz nobody likes him?

God, just thinking about having watched 8 days of somebody's life is daunting.

[quote name='Indignate']He got his wife killed and his daughter hates him maybe.

Isn't he on the run from the government and everybody cuz nobody likes him?

God, just thinking about having watched 8 days of somebody's life is daunting.[/QUOTE]
you guys talking about the show "24" starring Jack Bauer? For some reason, i could i never get into that show. I am surprised the show actually lasted that long.

[quote name='MoCiWe']A: If only that was your reward, you get to pick between a calender OR 1 of those 4 games, Platinum prizes are usually somewhat better (I have 1 from each year so far, will get it again this year)

B: Don't expect to see your reward in the mail for a long time :p[/QUOTE]

Ooooh, so you pick one? Ok... when do you get to pick, that's what I was getting at... like I didn't know if I got something soon because the status reset on 7/1 or what. It's all new to me... no way I'm hitting platinum though. Another 260 points in 2 months? Even if I buy DKCR for 3DS, I'll be way short.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Ooooh, so you pick one? Ok... when do you get to pick, that's what I was getting at... like I didn't know if I got something soon because the status reset on 7/1 or what. It's all new to me... no way I'm hitting platinum though. Another 260 points in 2 months? Even if I buy DKCR for 3DS, I'll be way short.[/QUOTE]

When the status reset happens it tells you that you hit gold/platinum for the last year and they will let you pick the prize you want for that status, then they ship/e-mail it to you depending on what you pick, the physical stuff can take a while and I never ordered a digital prize before but I would think they would be faster.

[quote name='Luxuria']Yes, the show.

Did you watch all 8 seasons?[/QUOTE]
nope, i could not even get through one whole episode. if i remember correctly, it was aired on fox network? that last show i watched on fox was prison break, lol. but i lost interest in the show "prison break", after they finally got out of the prison, and were in the open world running from police/govt/ authorities.

[quote name='MoCiWe']When the status reset happens it tells you that you hit gold/platinum for the last year and they will let you pick the prize you want for that status, then they ship/e-mail it to you depending on what you pick, the physical stuff can take a while and I never ordered a digital prize before but I would think they would be faster.[/QUOTE]

You aren't kidding about it being slow. It takes like 3 months for them to ship shit.

I'm only 180 coins from platinum so maybe I'll make it this year.

bread's done
Back