GGT 273 blames the PS4 for dot's upcoming diarrhea

Just a reminder, tonight is board game night for those involved. 8:30 EST (or rather EDT as The Crotch likes to point out), 5:30 PST, 7:30 Joel time.

Make sure you have the 1.1b module: http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Betrayal_At_House_On_The_Hill

I own it on the Gamefly download service, which means I always forget I have it.
May I get in on this board game night?

Tomorrow is the last day to drop classes and I'm debating on dropping college algebra, I'll just take it another semester

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice castlevania for 3DS is $20 on amazon I hated the game but I'm gonna get it anyways

Tomorrow is the last day to drop classes and I'm debating on dropping college algebra, I'll just take it another semester
Oh come on Jay don't disappoint me.

Nice castlevania for 3DS is $20 on amazon I hated the game but I'm gonna get it anyways
I tried the demo and hated it although I heard the full game was better. With so many mixed reviews I never bothered. I might pick up the HD version though when it comes to consoles.

As for Arrow (the show), yet another thing I need to catch up on, think I have about 4 or 5 episodes of Season 1 to watch. Backlog...story of my life. Lol.

I hear all the DC animated movies are good too, need some extra time to watch them. When will my job give me time off just for gaming\watching movies\shows? You know the important stuff!

Its a shame everyone loves the game but no one bought it. That ninja is like 400 mill in dept
True. I can't help but feel this is kinda EA's fault. They didn't hype it up enough. Also, Todd McFarlane didn't do enough.

I feel like I own KoA somewhere. Maybe steam or through PSN+.
Probably PS+. They just gave it out last week.

Just cause Skyrim has real-time combat does not make it an action RPG.
Agreed. I think KoA is more like Fable than Skyrim if it had to be like something.

Just a reminder, tonight is board game night for those involved. 8:30 EST (or rather EDT as The Crotch likes to point out), 5:30 PST, 7:30 Joel time.

Make sure you have the 1.1b module: http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Betrayal_At_House_On_The_Hill

I own it on the Gamefly download service, which means I always forget I have it.
YAY! I can't wait! My internet went out last night and I was beginning to get seriously worried that it wouldn't come back up in time. Thankfully, it just came back up.

You should get in on it. We could always use more folks!

You should drop college Algebra. It sucks ass. So glad I don't ever have to take a math class again.

I found out that the easiest way to max your level in KoA is to take max XP potions before turning in a big batch of quests. I just leveled up 4 times in a row because of it. Game has been easy as pie so far. I just took on the Widow without breaking a sweat.

Who usually plays this new game with you?

What happened to CAH?
This is our first time trying out this new game.

As for CAH, we haven't played in a while since The Crotch was away for a few months and he was pretty much in charge of board game nights. If you're interested in playing that again sometime though, I'd be down.

You should get in on it. We could always use more folks!

You should drop college Algebra. It sucks ass. So glad I don't ever have to take a math class again.
I don't really want to drop a class, but I've been doing terribly on my exams and I study my ass for them and I really well on my homework and quizzes, so it just sucks I have an F because of two exams...and I don't want that F to affect my GPA

This is our first time trying out this new game.

As for CAH, we haven't played in a while since The Crotch was away for a few months and he was pretty much in charge of board game nights. If you're interested in playing that again sometime though, I'd be down.
I looked up the game after you mentioned it -- seemed like a new take on Clue sorta... does it only support a small # of players? I might be interested in joining you guys for that some night if you have room (not tonight though, you're full up, it seems, andI have plans).

Tonight it'll be just be Crotch, Josh, Indignate, (maybe Tadikichi), and I. We've never played it before.

As for CAH, I think we're waiting for the new update on it.
Ah, ok... I felt like I missed out on a lot of stuff with the random skypes that I miss and stuff... so I wasn't sure if the group just ditched CAH for some reason or what.

I looked up the game after you mentioned it -- seemed like a new take on Clue sorta... does it only support a small # of players? I might be interested in joining you guys for that some night if you have room (not tonight though, you're full up, it seems, andI have plans).
It supports 3 - 6 players. If we end up liking it and playing again, I'll let you know so you can join us next time.

Is it that bad? I haven't even watched the first episode yet.
I've personally enjoyed all three episodes so far, not like it is the best show ever or anything but it's worth watching at least.

It's not really losing viewers totally. It's lost viewers when it airs, but the Hulu viewership is through the roof the next day. Also, it had higher Demo ratings than NCIS, which hasn't happened in a very long time.
This is true, the non live watchers are making the numbers shoot up a real lot, most of the people I know are watching it on Hulu instead of live.

Agreed. I think KoA is more like Fable than Skyrim if it had to be like something.
Hmmmmmm, not how I see it at all, Fable doesn't have a lot of the stuff that either Skyrim or KoA have, either way I enjoyed all of these games at least :p

I've personally enjoyed all three episodes so far, not like it is the best show ever or anything but it's worth watching at least.

This is true, the non live watchers are making the numbers shoot up a real lot, most of the people I know are watching it on Hulu instead of live.

Hmmmmmm, not how I see it at all, Fable doesn't have a lot of the stuff that either Skyrim or KoA have, either way I enjoyed all of these games at least :p
I agree with Joel, as you already know... Fable is closer to an ARPG in my book.

Hell, KoA is closer to the Souls games from the hour I spent with it than it is to Skyrim (which I spent a long long time playing).

Then again, I wouldn't put any sort of ARPG or RPG moniker on MH from my experience with the franchise... but apparently their publisher thinks it's at least an RPG. :rofl:

I agree with Joel, as you already know... Fable is closer to an ARPG in my book.

Hell, KoA is closer to the Souls games from the hour I spent with it than it is to Skyrim (which I spent a long long time playing).

Then again, I wouldn't put any sort of ARPG or RPG moniker on MH from my experience with the franchise... but apparently their publisher thinks it's at least an RPG. :rofl:
Again Frosty comes through with the truth.

It's always hard to categorize games, especially RPGs since there are so many different types, and lots of variation/overlap within each sub-genre.

I really just like the Bioware style story/narrative driven ones (Mass Effect, Dragon Age), open world quest driven ones (Skyrim/Fallout 3), and the action/adventure ones (Fable, Zelda etc.).  Occasionally I can get into a JRPG like FFVII or X, playing Fire Emblem New Awakening currently etc., but I'm not big on turn based, menu driven combat.  And SRPGs tend to lack in story--at least FE does anyway which is halting my progress some as I'm not carrying much about the thin story/characters (I'm around chapter 13 I think).

I thought about grabbing KoA from PS+ as I like that type of game and Salvatore's novels, but I really don't want to add an RPG to the backlog, especially one with mixed reviews, since I'm focused on getting the backlog eliminated by next summer or fall and moving on to next gen and buying one game at a time.

Also need to watch the SHIELD show.  Have it all DVR'd but have been out of town and/or swamped with work since it started.

Every game's a role playing game because you take on the role of a character or thing.

tumblr_m3rtyerfHZ1qir45xo1_500.gif

Pre ordered

I saw the show preview I asked this in the comic book thread but apparently nobody watches arrow there but was someone lifting 225 lbs off the ground with their mind?

Finally
The wording here is..ambiguous, but there was nobody lifting things with their mind in Arrow.

Aw, fuck. I forgot something for y'all playing Betrayal tonight: download this and this but don't read them yet.

And yeah, make sure you're downloading version 1.1b of the Betrayal module. fuck 1.2, yo.

Hahaha. Zelda is an ARPG. I guess if you're of the mindset that Skyrim is one, Zelda fits into that generic umbrella as well.
I did say action/adventure rpg as I'd consider Zelda in that label people use sometimes. I wouldn't call it an action rpg though as the combat is too simplistic. I'd put Fable in the action/adventure category too.

I wouldn't put Skyrim in the action rpg area either. Really those Bethesda RPGs are pretty much their own genre. At least on consoles, maybe there are more of those types of games on PC. Though I suppose MMORPGs account for a lot of that type of gaming in PC.

Lone wolfing it? I hope not. I was the one that brought it up and was hoping to get a group together with you and Indig-dawg.
Nah hes too busy playing western RPG's or something.

Btw I've been looking on ebay/amazon for a while now for this hoodie http://www.amazon.com/Spiderman-Parker-Fleece-Hoodie-X-Large/dp/B009E32264/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1381451299&sr=8-13&keywords=spiderman+hoodie

I go to walmart to fight the first guy who reminds me of whoknows and instead I see that hoodie for sale for $18. I bought one!! I'm so happy now I can wear a sweater in texas smart money investment, they also had wolverine and captain america.

Nah hes too busy playing western RPG's or something.

Btw I've been looking on ebay/amazon for a while now for this hoodie http://www.amazon.com/Spiderman-Parker-Fleece-Hoodie-X-Large/dp/B009E32264/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1381451299&sr=8-13&keywords=spiderman+hoodie

I go to walmart to fight the first guy who reminds me of whoknows and instead I see that hoodie for sale for $18. I bought one!! I'm so happy now I can wear a sweater in texas smart money investment, they also had wolverine and captain america.
I'll play with you! Let's just set up a time beforehand.

And that's a baller hoodie! I want the Wolverine one.

bread's done
Back