GGT 282 Gives Action! an Extra Hour for his Birthday

we get new nintendo club games tomorrow right?

looks like I'm missing the rest of marvel

Last edited by a moderator:
Beat Batman: Arkham Origins, I enjoyed the game a fair amount, it did take a little while to hit it's stride though. Joel
I totally agree with that Facebook post you made, the Batman and Joker relationship in this is really solid.
I also want to say that this game reaffirmed my love for the Gordon family, I wish there was a comic just about Jim Gordon, I love that guy.

Beat Batman: Arkham Origins, I enjoyed the game a fair amount, it did take a little while to hit it's stride though. Joel
I totally agree with that Facebook post you made, the Batman and Joker relationship in this is really solid.
I also want to say that this game reaffirmed my love for the Gordon family, I wish there was a comic just about Jim Gordon, I love that guy.
Yay!
I'm glad that you agree. I've talked to a lot of my friends that just read the plot synopsis and totally disagree with me. I just can't get rid of the feeling that the Joker in the Arkham series has a totally different love for Batman than perhaps any other Joker I've seen. The things he says during his evaluation with Harley really drove home how much he believes that Batman will always protect him for me and the end where Joker realized that Batman desperately needs a place to direct his aggression made me feel like the Joker only does everything he does after Origins not because of Batman, but for Batman. Their relationship is almost like a loving couple.. You may not like one another's fetishes, but you'll still do it because you care about them enough to want to make sure their needs are taken care of. Joker did everything he did in City because he thought that given the stimulus Batman would have come through and saved him like he did every other time. He had nowhere else to turn, so he turned to the person he felt he could trust the most. I may be completely insane and over thinking it, but I can't stop thinking about it in these terms. I also can't stop thinking about how I genuinely feel that if their relationship was more like this in the comics that the Death of the Family arc would have worked a lot better since it makes their relationship seem so much more intimate.

What did you think of the
after credits scene? Excited for a possible Suicide Squad related game?

Fiancee got me the Deus Ex director's cut for it today. Pretty stoked to replay. Thanks for the birthday wish too!
Haha nice! You were looking forward to that one, let me know how you like that version compared to the original when you are done with it!

Will do! I also got the Arkham Origins season pass for cheap today. Gonna be working on clearing out those medals for a while, but I'll prolly start DE tonight.

Finished GTA 5 story today. Apparently I only had 2 missions left. Enjoyed the ending well enough. Final mission was long as hell though.

Yay!
I'm glad that you agree. I've talked to a lot of my friends that just read the plot synopsis and totally disagree with me. I just can't get rid of the feeling that the Joker in the Arkham series has a totally different love for Batman than perhaps any other Joker I've seen. The things he says during his evaluation with Harley really drove home how much he believes that Batman will always protect him for me and the end where Joker realized that Batman desperately needs a place to direct his aggression made me feel like the Joker only does everything he does after Origins not because of Batman, but for Batman. Their relationship is almost like a loving couple.. You may not like one another's fetishes, but you'll still do it because you care about them enough to want to make sure their needs are taken care of. Joker did everything he did in City because he thought that given the stimulus Batman would have come through and saved him like he did every other time. He had nowhere else to turn, so he turned to the person he felt he could trust the most. I may be completely insane and over thinking it, but I can't stop thinking about it in these terms. I also can't stop thinking about how I genuinely feel that if their relationship was more like this in the comics that the Death of the Family arc would have worked a lot better since it makes their relationship seem so much more intimate.
Personally,
I thought the coolest part was that you had the Red Hood flashback and it seems like Batman was clearly involved, but Bruce doesn't even really acknowledge it (like it was just another day for him, so he has no clue Red Hood was Joker), and yet Joker is so convinced that Batman created him and then saved his life, like Batman is pushing him to keep going further and further. It's just this really intersting dynamic between them. Also I agree Death of the Family was really trying to kind of go for this, and in some senses I think it worked, and I did like how Joker accused Batman of dumbing himself down by having all of these supporting characters, but I think the resolution just didn't come off all that strong; and that's where I think Batman: Arkham Origins just really did a great job it builds this relationship between the two, and concludes by just really reinforcing it with the final battle between the two.

What did you think of the
after credits scene? Excited for a possible Suicide Squad related game?
I'm not sure, I have never been a big fan of the Suicide Squad comics, the team just never interests me, usually there is like one or two guys on it who I'm interested in but the plot just doesn't grab me. We'll see I'll be interested to see what happens if they make the game, hopefully that game also doesn't have nearly as many bugs.

Icebeezy, we should have a comics podcast. Wonderful discussion. I also forgot to say so, but I would totally read a Gordon centered comic.

BYMGPCdCYAAKdGE.jpg

Icebeezy, we should have a comics podcast. Wonderful discussion. I also forgot to say so, but I would totally read a Gordon centered comic.
Haha, that would be fun.

Yeah, I feel like they could totally give Gordon his own comic and it would be awesome (something along the lines of the Hawkeye comic), I mean reccently Steve Trevor has had a bunch of comics where he has had a fairly central role, and personally I think Gordon is way more interesting than Trevor.

Haha, that would be fun.

Yeah, I feel like they could totally give Gordon his own comic and it would be awesome (something along the lines of the Hawkeye comic), I mean reccently Steve Trevor has had a bunch of comics where he has had a fairly central role, and personally I think Gordon is way more interesting than Trevor.
I agree, but I feel like if they gave Gordon a comic that everyone would complain about the Batfamily getting another book. I swear, it's like DC can't make a single decision without angering feminists or non-Batfans.

GGT tried to make a podcast once.

Turned out well.
I think often on the time when Mikey and us tried to make a podcast and we kept talking over each other.

I agree, but I feel like if they gave Gordon a comic that everyone would complain about the Batfamily getting another book. I swear, it's like DC can't make a single decision without angering feminists or non-Batfans.
Yeah, I could see that happening. But I think it would be cool with a Gordon centric comic if the bat family didn't even really appear, like obviously they are there and he works with them, but have the focus be on what does Gordon do on a daily basis both at work and at home. Honestly the parts I've liked best about the more recent Batgirl comics (because my feelings are in a constant state of flux over how I feel about the series, haha) are when you have Barbara and Jim being a family and dealing with their issues. I'd love a book about Jim being a family man and how the GCPD handles stuff when they don't always have the bat family to back them up.

Plus I think having an origin story told mainly from Jim's perspective would be totally awesome too, like where is my Gordon: Zero Year, haha.

Sin ruined batman for me. Oh well luckily he can't ruin ghosts for me.
What did I ruin? I had spoiler tags around all my stuff, except the open acknowledgment that I love Jim Gordon (who was obviously going to be in Origins).

What did I ruin, I had spoiler tags around all my stuff, except the open acknowledgment that I love Jim Gordon (who was obviously going to be in Origins).
oh wow jim gordon is in this game? Never knew that

So much for the excitement of that. Thanks man.

bread's done
Back