GGT 296 Are The Only Ones That Went and Saw 47 Ronin

Don't get mad cuz you wanted it to be about ghosts.

Real word explanation coming at you. Old houses creak dawg, especially in the 90's.

i dont know enough about creaking to dispute that, but i generally thought something needed to move or have pressure applied to it to make noises that audible.

YBX, why was your Bible comment in that one thread removed?

Bible Games.
what bible game? i type/post a lot of crap on this forum. you gotta point to me to the right thread, or copy/paste , or summarize what is said. also staying on topic about games. i am currently playing army of two devils cartel. EA did a heck of a job on the levolution. i have building , and bricks pieces flying on my screen left and right, along with blood, and fire work, explosion blinding me half the time.

what bible game? i type/post a lot of crap on this forum. you gotta point to me to the right thread, or copy/paste , or summarize what is said. also staying on topic about games. i am currently playing army of two devils cartel. EA did a heck of a job on the levolution. i have building , and bricks pieces flying on my screen left and right, along with blood, and fire work, explosion blinding me half the time.
Something like: "Show some respect to the bible." I can't quote it because it's gone. Here's to as close to it as I can get. It was below my post, and you didn't directly quote whom you wanted to show respect to the bible. There was a gross guy talking about pumpin some sweet innocent girl's mouth. It was also removed.

Something like: "Show some respect to the bible." I can't quote it because it's gone. Here's to as close to it as I can get. It was below my post, and you didn't directly quote whom you wanted to show respect to the bible. There was a gross guy talking about pumpin some sweet innocent girl's mouth. It was also removed.
o yeah, it was from bestbuy deal of the day. when they had the bible blu ray 2013 tv series on sale. someone one posted stating the deal of the day sucked. so i respond it with that.

Also, the guy could have been talking about R. Kelly's mouth. He didn't answer my question...

o yeah, it was from bestbuy deal of the day. when they had the bible blu ray 2013 tv series on sale. someone one posted stating the deal of the day sucked. so i respond it with that.
So, damn... I wonder why your post was removed...

Last edited by a moderator:
HEBx9kK.jpg

Gtfo, that's awesome. If you're ever game, would you consider trading and trading back so I could get that Pokedex entry? I skipped a bunch of generations, so I never got most of those.
I already traded it, but as soon as the Pokemon bank comes out I can trade one to you, dawg! :D

Finished Quest for Booty, glad I never paid money for that game. I mean length is one thing, I paid $20 for Ducktales remastered and it was probably about as long, but it was awesome. QfB is rough and glitchy and just boring.

I came in here to talk about games but clearly you're having an episode.

I like that Splinter Cell Blacklist lets you customize and upgrade your gear (the tri-rotor is sick), but I don't like that it seems to award points for hiding bodies in specially-marked areas (like containers). It's not enough that I hid them all in the darkness and tossed a few into the ocean?

Wonder Trade is good shit. It's uneven and game-breaking as hell but catching random Pokemon, naming them Martin Lawrence and then trading for 10 minutes until I got something good was a great distraction.
Did you play Splinter Cell: Conviction? I actually liked it, unlike most. It was not a good splinter cell game, but it was a fun action/stealth lite game.

I'm curious how Blacklist compares.

Someone please give me a good reason not to order FF13:LR Collectors Edition. I haven't spent that much on a game since either the MGS4 or DMC4 set. That artbook just seems SOOOO tempting.

if you need someone to convince you maybe you don't want it dawg

I mean if capcom came out with LE mega man game right now I wouldn't come in here and be like convice me dawgs to buy this shit. I would be in line on release day with my asshole open.

So far I enjoy Arkham Origins. As much as City? I doubt it, but it's pretty fun. It's a case of same old, same old, but that isn't a bad thing when the combat is awesome.

But I've been neglecting Origins because I've gone HAM on Tales of Graces f. Just made it to Fodra there.

Did you play Splinter Cell: Conviction? I actually liked it, unlike most. It was not a good splinter cell game, but it was a fun action/stealth lite game.

I'm curious how Blacklist compares.
Yeah I did. I liked Conviction okay, your summary is pretty accurate. I've only done two missions of Blacklist so far but I'm already digging it more. It's much closer to the old style than Conviction. Some of the mechanics from Chaos Theory are still missing (I don't think the press-L-with-your-pistol-to-jam-cameras is there, the meter telling you how hidden you are still seems to be gone), but there's been much more of an emphasis on stealth. I haven't been forced to action my way through anything yet, the first two missions have been completely playable as stealth-only-non-lethal.

You get awarded money after each level in three different categories (stealth, rambo'ing, and one that seems unclear), and if you max out any one category in a level, I think you get bonus money. You can use the money to upgrade your gear and your base of operations, which is a pretty good edition---there's a lot of gear and your loadout is very customizable for each mission, which is a big upgrade from CT's "pick a loadout package". My favorite new tech so far is the Trirotor, a remote-control drone that shoots sticky shockers--after constantly getting killed by a sniper at the end of an infiltration mission, I solved the problem by flying the Trirotor to the top of the building from the start and knocking the guy out.

The structure is interesting--you have a pretty lame hubworld between missions (think a worse Normandy from Mass Effect), but you can choose to tackle missions in any order you'd like. It seems like you need to actually pay attention to your intel, because going after a mission too early or too late will change the amount of support/info your people can give you. Also like Mass Effect, there are side missions you can unlock by talking to people at base. It seems like all of these side missions can be done in solo or co-op--playing one of them, I ran across two doors to alternate routes that could only be opened by two players.

Sam's voice is pretty terrible, though.

Yeah, did you take the time to learn about the stories involving the other members of the family? That aspect is done really well, and I hope other games learn from that.
I took my time in each room and got most of the story. Skimmed through a lot of the mundane stuff like newspaper clippings and paperwork, but yeah it all worked pretty well. What worries me is that a game like this needs to instill some level of anxiety, otherwise it'd all be fairly boring. Gone Home throws a lot of foreboding devices your way and is pretty much advertised as exploring a haunted house, all of which is just to keep you on edge. So if other games are going to try to make house rummaging interesting and dramatic, I think a premise like that, even if faked, may be necessary. Otherwise I wouldn't have given a game like this a shot, to be honest.

Nice sleeping dogs and lara croft GOL free in jan on xbox.

I kinda own sleeping dogs on another account that I'm kinda scared to access so...

I took my time in each room and got most of the story. Skimmed through a lot of the mundane stuff like newspaper clippings and paperwork, but yeah it all worked pretty well. What worries me is that a game like this needs to instill some level of anxiety, otherwise it'd all be fairly boring. Gone Home throws a lot of foreboding devices your way and is pretty much advertised as exploring a haunted house, all of which is just to keep you on edge. So if other games are going to try to make house rummaging interesting and dramatic, I think a premise like that, even if faked, may be necessary. Otherwise I wouldn't have given a game like this a shot, to be honest.
Yeah, one of the reasons Gone Home works well is that it plays with your expectations without overdoing it. Another game about exploring a house just couldn't work the same way. With that said, a game doesn't have to be about the same kind of things to take advantage of a lot of the things Gone Home does well. That is, storytelling through environment and interaction in addition to the more outright main story can make for a more fulfilling and dense experience. Gone Home makes Bioshock's audio logs stand out as the unnecessary, outdated plot device that they are.

Looks like you got some work to do. I thought we were gonna play this together. :nottalking:
You didn't tell me you started.

Also, I was waiting for you to catch up cuz I'm pretty sure I'm still on that snow continent but you just blew right past me just like Lux.

Hurt.

bread's done
Back