GGT 314 Welcomes Chewie Back to the Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished up my 100% good playthrough in Second Son. Dicked around some with the paper trail missions, but not sure I'll finish those. I don't really enjoy the digging around on fake websites stuff, and there are no trophies for it anyway. Ran into an annoying hexagon puzzle you have to complete to get the next in game mission as well.

But great game overall. Trying to decide if I want to keep it and do an evil playthrough anytime soon. Or sell it before the value drops as I'm sure it will end up PS+ in a couple years and I could always do it then. I'm a bit burnt out on the game after playing it and Infamous 2 the past month.
I got 100% good in Second Son as well. I haven't touched it in a couple of days. I look at the walkthrough for the paper trail missions and was not interested. I'm going back later to get the random trophies and start the evil playthrough on Expert to try an platinum it. There maybe DLC in the future so I'm going to keep my copy for a while.

the only hard achievement is the passive don't kill anyone achievement because stupid shit like guards falling into the water counts against you.
I could do that! Only difficult one might be the fight with the End. I hated trying to tranq him when I originally played.

I could do that! Only difficult one might be the fight with the End. I hated trying to tranq him when I originally played.
AUGH even reading about that fight has me wanting to play again. There are so many different ways to handle that one. I pretty much track him down once, punchpunchkick the shit out of him and stay on his ass with thermals the entire fight. It's hilarious and effective. Eat his parrot in front of him for extra dick points.

Considering Diablo 2 is the father of the modern dungeon crawler (and arguably still the best), it might not be all that surprising. I've also heard they nailed the feel on the console as well.

Marvel in Disney Infinity? That's intriguing.
It does feel really great on console. I'm hoping the release the expansion soon for PS3.

Sweeeet! I'll be buying it.

AUGH even reading about that fight has me wanting to play again. There are so many different ways to handle that one. I pretty much track him down once, punchpunchkick the shit out of him and stay on his ass with thermals the entire fight. It's hilarious and effective. Eat his parrot in front of him for extra dick points.
Eating the Parrot is my favorite part! I didn't fight him in my original playthrough of the game because I accidentally killed him really early on when they wheel him out in that cutscene. I just remember hating taking him out with tranqs every time I did it. It was so much easier just killing him.

Eating the Parrot is my favorite part! I didn't fight him in my original playthrough of the game because I accidentally killed him really early on when they wheel him out in that cutscene. I just remember hating taking him out with tranqs every time I did it. It was so much easier just killing him.
Seriously, give the chase down brawling a shot. It's more viable than it sounds. You can even pepper in tranqs while he's running if you're solid (HEYOOO) at shooting while running in third person.

I got 100% good in Second Son as well. I haven't touched it in a couple of days. I look at the walkthrough for the paper trail missions and was not interested. I'm going back later to get the random trophies and start the evil playthrough on Expert to try an platinum it. There maybe DLC in the future so I'm going to keep my copy for a while.
Yeah, I lean toward just keeping it for those reasons as well. There's nothing else I want to pick up anytime soon other than maybe AC4, and that I can just wait for another $40 or under sale.

I'll probably get the itch to do the evil playthrough in a month or two after playing some other stuff anyway. It will go faster since I won't do all the sidequests--just story missions, shard gathering to upgrade powers and the evil karma ones to get those trophies. I'll try it on expert as well, but will have a short leash with frustration since I don't really care about getting platinum and mainly just want to see how the story differs when making the evil choices.

I'm ready to play something else too but I need to finish some games before I jump into a new one. Mainly Bravely Default and Tales of Xillia. 

Expert on Second Son really isn't bad at all. I thought it would have been a pain in the ass, but it was pretty smooth sailing. Even more so after being acclimated to the combat.

I'm ready to play something else too but I need to finish some games before I jump into a new one. Mainly Bravely Default and Tales of Xillia.
I'm pretty caught up for once, at least in terms of not having a few games in progress.

Just need to finish up Tearaway. Only other stuff I have going is Spelunky every now and again, but I'll probably never get through that, and Mario Kart 7 150cc which I also don't know that I'll bother with. I guess still some Second Son too as I'll probably keep up with the Paper Trail missions (I got past the damn hexagon puzzle for defragging the harddrive on the website over lunch today).

I'll probably get to The Wolf Among Us on PS3 next and get caught up with those episodes. Then probably play some other shorter PS3 stuff--Rain, Brothers, Puppeteer etc. to work on that PS+/PSN sale backlog. In terms of full ames (other than Puppeteer), Deus Ex Human Revolution and Metro Last Light are the only ones on there I'll probably give a go. And P4G on Vita is the only disc/cart game in the backlog. That I'll probably jump into after the semester is over when I want to veg out for a while before getting heavy into research work over the summer.

i've got a bunch of other random PS+ stuff on PS3 and vita, but it's mostly stuff I don't care if I ever get around to. So I'll just chip away at the above, and maybe pick up AC4 on PS4 sometime if it goes cheap. But hopefully I can have at least the listed games cleared out by fall and be on to just having a PS4 and Vita (and maybe still the 3DS) by the time Destiny and the other big fall releases start coming out. I want to try and do better with keeping up with big releases on PS4. I did well at that for a good chunk of last gen when I only had a 360, but got behind when I grabbed a PS3 and Wii late in the generation. I just don't have the time/interest for more than one platform really, and enjoy gaming more when I'm not "working" on a backlog.

I don't even own a wii u and I want one now (not really lol)

Bku9xsnCIAAYCQ3.png

You forgot to mention:

Sliding, Top Spin, Spark Shock, Hard Knuckle, Rush Coil vs. Air Shooter, Metal Blade, Crash Bomber, Leaf Shield.

It was close, but 3>2.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0SKu3s3Pxw&feature=share[/youtube]

Man, I woulda paid 80 for dat shit

I creep on these GGT without posting hehhehee

I enjoyed force unleashed, shocked they aren't making a third yet, since number 2 was left open

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back