GGT 329 is the Loniest Number That it'll Ever Do

Status
Not open for further replies.
My AC4 LE did end up getting canceled, no cool statue for me :(

How's the quality control on "Like New" games from Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Only two of the things that I got so far were "Like New", one was actually new just a damaged box but was brand new, and the other came complete in pristine condition and was used. One of the things that was "Good" also came brand new though as well.

My lowest rated items that were "Acceptable" were a game without a manual but it had everything else, and the Kinect I ordered came complete but not box.

So overall I was pretty pleased with what I got for every grade, but the Like New condition stuff was definitely a little better quality not counting the new Good game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indigdawg, have you got any boxes for this cosmic event in Marvel Heroes? I got a few and with the exception of getting Scarlet Witch twice and Hawkeye once, they were all great. I got Iron Man, Doc Strange, Jean Grey, Ms Marvel, Rocket Raccoon, Thor, Iron Man's shotgun armor, Black Widow's classic costume, Future Foundation Sue Storm, and Marvel Now Storm. I want more Iron Man costumes and Sue Storm now, though.

So, in a week or two I'll have the extra money to finally enter this console generation. Should I pick up an Xbone (I won't have LIVE, most likely and most of what I want is just DR3 and Halo Collection), PS4 (Injustice, MGS5 whenever that is, and Batman), or a WiiU (Hyrule Warriors, Wind Waker, Mario Kart, Smash Bros)? I'm leaning towards a WiiU because of the price, but I'm just not sure yet and would like some input.

So, in a week or two I'll have the extra money to finally enter this console generation. Should I pick up an Xbone (I won't have LIVE, most likely and most of what I want is just DR3 and Halo Collection), PS4 (Injustice, MGS5 whenever that is, and Batman), or a WiiU (Hyrule Warriors, Wind Waker, Mario Kart, Smash Bros)? I'm leaning towards a WiiU because of the price, but I'm just not sure yet and would like some input.
If you did have LIVE I would say the Xbox for some awesome online Halo sessions (of course) :p. But in saying that you don't think you will, I'm guessing that would be the same for PS4 then, in which case I would probably say go for the Wii U so you could still potentially play online with some of us who have them here and there. I know Smash will be great fun online and I'd always be up for some Mario Kart! And then the new Zelda that will come out on it eventually on top of HW and WWHD.

You honestly can't go wrong with any of the three since you can definitely get good games either way, but the Wii U does have that cheaper price as you pointed out and since it's been out longer you can get some games cheaper on it as well.

If you did have LIVE I would say the Xbox for some awesome online Halo sessions (of course) :p. But in saying that you don't think you will, I'm guessing that would be the same for PS4 then, in which case I would probably say go for the Wii U so you could still potentially play online with some of us who have them here and there. I know Smash will be great fun online and I'd always be up for some Mario Kart! And then the new Zelda that will come out on it eventually on top of HW and WWHD.

You honestly can't go wrong with any of the three since you can definitely get good games either way, but the Wii U does have that cheaper price as you pointed out and since it's been out longer you can get some games cheaper on it as well.
Actually, I have PS+ paid up for three more years already, so I would be playing online on there. Does Hyrule Warriors have online play? That may actually be a deciding factor.

Actually, I have PS+ paid up for three more years already, so I would be playing online on there. Does Hyrule Warriors have online play? That may actually be a deciding factor.
Ah, gotcha. Then that does make the Playstation more appealing, I just figured you didn't want to pay for either. HW doesn't have online unfortunately, it has some weird thing in the Adventure Mode where you can like use your friends play data or something.

http://nintendoeverything.com/hyrule-warriors-adventure-mode-has-online-connectivity/

Of course, 2 of the 3 you listed for PS4 are also coming to Xbox.....plus Halo! :p

Finished MGR.  I think I would have liked it a lot more if it wasn't an MGS game.  I think I'm over kojima's overly preachy war messages.  I didn't particularly like the last boss fight either.  All the other human-sized bosses are great though.  Particularly the first wolf encounter.  Learned to parry real quick.

None are worth getting right now.

You can at least get some lame free PS+ games on PS4.

Hyrule Warriors doesn't have online. I was bummed too.

At least Orochi 3 ultimate and Samurai Warriors 4 are coming to PS4/Xbone and those will have online.

Finished MGR. I think I would have liked it a lot more if it wasn't an MGS game. I think I'm over kojima's overly preachy war messages. I didn't particularly like the last boss fight either. All the other human-sized bosses are great though. Particularly the first wolf encounter. Learned to parry real quick.
Hey! I said that about the last boss fight too. Fighting a politician is wtf.

Or maybe it's some deep message Kojima is trying to send to us about the US government.

lri5zp858od1ddy4eqr4.gif

Hey! I said that about the last boss fight too. Fighting a politician is wtf.

Or maybe it's some deep message Kojima is trying to send to us about the US government.
I can normally put up with Kojima's preacy BS, but the last fight had like 8 sections, each interspersed with 5 minute cutscenes.

It also had that bullshit technique where you are meant to not be able to win, but don't know it and can use up all your health items in the process of "staying alive" when the game won't actually let you win the fight.

Hey Action!, ran to Toys R Us and they only had 4 Donkey Kongs, kind of a bummer :/

Seems like that's the only one that is ever found anywhere....

Appreciate you looking, man. Hope you found who you were looking for!
Still Linkless.... :( If you are a fan on any one that's not DK it seems it might take a while to find the figures, hope they are sending out waves per character for some odd reason, or else no really likes DK I guess....

My dad was happy to find a set of the 25th anniversary reissue TMNT figures though, so at least someone found something :p

I was able to find Mario, Yoshi, and Link and Target, so it might be worth checking one of those if there are any near you. They don't seem to be stocking DK or Bowser though.

If the time comes that I have access to all of 'em, I'll probably just pick them all up. My Toy R Us has no sign of getting them any time soon though.

I was able to find Mario, Yoshi, and Link and Target, so it might be worth checking one of those if there are any near you. They don't seem to be stocking DK or Bowser though.

If the time comes that I have access to all of 'em, I'll probably just pick them all up. My Toy R Us has no sign of getting them any time soon though.
Oh cool, thanks for the heads up. I can definitely check a Target at some point. Hope that I can at least find a Link at the minimum, if they do for some reason have a Bowser in stock I can pick that up as well but they probably won't if they aren't stocking it.

I wouldn't mind getting all of them at some point either, just want to start with Link in case I don't end up getting them all.

I've seen DK and Bowser before.

I'll try to take a look tomorrow.

Hey guys, I've pretty much had the worst three weeks of my life. I ended a relationship of over three years, moved six hours back to my shitty small town to stay with my parents, my car is unsalvagable and I'm low on cash. I've pretty much been forced to entireely recalculate my life plans and I've sank into a pretty rough depression. I'm up til 7am every night, I have trouble getting myself out of bed, and I've been getting belligerent drunk almost every night. So i don't know. I'm feeling pretty shitty, guys.

Hey guys, I've pretty much had the worst three weeks of my life. I ended a relationship of over three years, moved six hours back to my shitty small town to stay with my parents, my car is unsalvagable and I'm low on cash. I've pretty much been forced to entireely recalculate my life plans and I've sank into a pretty rough depression. I'm up til 7am every night, I have trouble getting myself out of bed, and I've been getting belligerent drunk almost every night. So i don't know. I'm feeling pretty shitty, guys.
Man you're with parents who've got your back and give you free rent (hopefully). That's the thing to do nowadays. If that shitty town has a gym, use it. Read a good book or find a good podcast. Something to keep you involved. And if you can't get back into the groove of things I would see a doctor. No shame in it.

Also, if you're out of ideas for work, I would consider teaching overseas. South Korea and China take English majors without hesitation. You stay for a couple of years and make decent money, and also get to travel. I strongly considered it after graduating and know people who are going back for a 2nd time. You're also single now so you can go and do whatever the fuck you want.

Basically, find bullshit to get paid for while you work towards what you really want in the meantime. Creative writing sounds like a tough field to break into right after graduating college.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet the drinking is really helping

#Sarcasm

#realtalk

Man you're with parents who've got your back and give you free rent (hopefully). That's the thing to do nowadays. If that shitty town has a gym, use it. Read a good book or find a good podcast. Something to keep you involved. And if you can't get back into the groove of things I would see a doctor. No shame in it.
The first part is definitely true, staying with your parents to save some cash is never really a bad idea nowadays.

Seeing as we are on a gaming site, also gonna say that some games can definitely help in tough times. You could always play one of the MMOs that some of the people on here play with them, or just a good single player game can always help as well.

I don't like to gamble like that.

I haven't done a doop portal yet. Let me know whenever you're going to do one.
I understand after having as many characters as I do now. I think I'm only missing 11 now.

Sweet, will do. I ran through it last night with friends and it was just ridiculous. I don't know how they expect people to get through it without a group of 5 or so 60s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back