GGT #39: Other G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it sealed for $25 Frisky. Friend got it off the ms retail store for me.

------

Sega learning from their mistakes?

Yakuza-4_2010_09-02-10_08.jpg

[quote name='gunm']Dead Rising and Case Zero are like Lost Planet--too Japanese. Blue Castle sold out![/QUOTE]
I know, they should have made Front Office Manager 2 instead.

[quote name='icebeast']DR2: Case 0 has really made me want to get DR2 even though I wasn't all that interested before since I kind of didn't like the first game. But, I think I know what I hated about the first game, and as long as they don't put a jeep with a machine gun on it that re-spawns in the middle of where you have to go, I think I'll probably really enjoy it, so now I think I'll pick it up.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I had problems with the first game that kept me from enjoying it(The Convicts being one of them). But Case Zero really sold me on the game. Also I think the Weapon combos help as well. I think I'll just get it from Gamestop for the ninja costume. I really did want the Psycho Costume that comes with the Highstake edition... but not for $90.

[quote name='gunm']Speaking of too Japanese, the US version of Yakuza 4 (yes, there will be one!) will have hostess bars and mostly all the stuff Yakuza 3 cut out.[/QUOTE]
Thats nice to hear. Now maybe I'll pick it up if they release at the right time. But since this Sega we are talking about they will probably pick the worst possible time to release it.

Dallow: Don't worry they'll just make another mistake.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I can't wait for DR2. Y'all are haters, it'll easily be my most played game of 2010.[/QUOTE]

I thought the first one was just ok. I might play the second one when its cheap. I beat Shank a couple of days ago. Much better than I expected. I agree with Ninja Dog about the Vanquish demo. Can't wait till tomorrow. Going to play Gears 2 a ton thanks to the 25xp. :)

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Did that last year, accomplished nothing.

Hey, which of you retards broke CAG last night?[/QUOTE]

How? This is exactly what I did when I went to my U and it worked fine. A bit laggy to consistently play online, but you should have no problem downloading stuff.

When did DR2 get co-op? I knew it had that Games show thing but I only found about co-op when watching some videos for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jimbo Slice']How? This is exactly what I did when I went to my U and it worked fine. A bit laggy to consistently play online, but you should have no problem downloading stuff.[/QUOTE]

I did that last year, and afterwards I would still get the same "Some features may not be available" message.

[quote name='dallow']Got it sealed for $25 Frisky. Friend got it off the ms retail store for me.

------

Sega learning from their mistakes?

Yakuza-4_2010_09-02-10_08.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That cover art is much better than Yakuza 3's.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Same here. I had problems with the first game that kept me from enjoying it(The Convicts being one of them). But Case Zero really sold me on the game. Also I think the Weapon combos help as well. I think I'll just get it from Gamestop for the ninja costume. I really did want the Psycho Costume that comes with the Highstake edition... but not for $90.
[/QUOTE]

If you played the first game as intended, you could hit the mid-teen levels quickly -- by that point, all you had to do was grab a gun and take out the driver -- convicts were annoying, but nothing overly annoying once you figured out how to play as intended.

If an average gamer like me can play and finish dead rising with my right arm in a full cast because of a broken elbow... :lol:

[quote name='jman619']I thought the first one was just ok. I might play the second one when its cheap. I beat Shank a couple of days ago. Much better than I expected. I agree with Ninja Dog about the Vanquish demo. Can't wait till tomorrow. Going to play Gears 2 a ton thanks to the 25xp. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm totally on Gears 2 this weekend! Thanks for the reminder.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']If you played the first game as intended, you could hit the mid-teen levels quickly -- by that point, all you had to do was grab a gun and take out the driver -- convicts were annoying, but nothing overly annoying once you figured out how to play as intended.[/QUOTE]
I had no problem taking them out even at lower levels. My problem was the fact they respawned. They served absolutely no purpose at all other then to annoy the shit out of you.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I had no problem taking them out even at lower levels. My problem was the fact they respawned. They served absolutely no purpose at all other then to annoy the shit out of you.[/QUOTE]

That was an odd decision -- but the small plus side to that was the respawning jeep/Gatling gun. :D Valid point though.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I had no problem taking them out even at lower levels. My problem was the fact they respawned. They served absolutely no purpose at all other then to annoy the shit out of you.[/QUOTE]

This. The re-spawning also took me out of the game. "This mall operates on a time system, so survivors will die and psychopaths will only be around at certain times, so you have to manage your time.....except the Convicts, who are magical and come back to life nightly."

And I found it annoying to kill them even at high levels, because I would constantly get shot trying to kill them with the weak aiming system and Frank stumbling for an hour every time they hit me.

Also,

HE AIN'T MY BOY BUT THE BROTHER IS HEAVY

SOLD MY POSSESSIONS AND MOVED INTO A CHEVY

[quote name='corrosivefrost']That was an odd decision -- but the small plus side to that was the respawning jeep/Gatling gun. :D Valid point though.[/QUOTE]
That it was. None of the other psychos respawned. That Gatling gun would have been even cooler if you were able to store it...

I just looked at the DR2 achievements. If this list is to be believed there are not as many MP achievements as I thought there would be. And it looks like you can get them by playing with friends. But I'm a little worried about the one Co-op achievement
Solve all case files in co-op
. Also there is one secret achievement on the list... I'll be disappointed if it has nothing to do with Frank.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope my achievements don't glitch again. In DR I couldn't get Photojournalist/The Artiste even though they were some of the easiest in the game.

Finished up Case 0 last night with 200/200. It really feels like they fixed most of my issues of the first one. Although I can see the boss battles being a pain again.

I agree with the convicts--they were what made me originally put down the first one. After that I said screw it and ignored them.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Finished up Case 0 last night with 200/200. It really feels like they fixed most of my issues of the first one. Although I can see the boss battles being a pain again.

I agree with the convicts--they were what made me originally put down the first one. After that I said screw it and ignored them.[/QUOTE]
I actually thought Jed was too easy after I realized there was a sniper rifle by the safe house... But yeah I can defintely see the Boss battles being slightly annoying. But as long as they don't respawn I can deal with it.

Bah, Amazon has a pre-order bonus for DR2 I want as well...ugh...

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I actually thought Jed was too easy after I realized there was a sniper rifle by the safe house... [/QUOTE]

Really? I must have missed that during my three separate play throughs.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Really? I must have missed that during my three separate play throughs.[/QUOTE]
It's pretty easy to miss since it is on the roof of the safe house. I didn't even discover it until I after my first try at Jed. I just stumbled across the roof access while looking for something to use and found it up there.

I really loved Case Zero. It definitely made me decide to keep my preorder of the Zombrex edition of DR2. Dead Rising was one of my favorite games this gen, so I'm glad they didn't change too much.

I'm starting to really get good at stages 3 and 4 of Ketsui. I haven't even tried playing stage 5 yet, but my goal is to be able to get there on one credit regularly. So we'll see how that works out.

My copy of Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label Extra should be here soon. The patch is supposed to finally be out this month, so I'll crack it open once that happens.

yeah, is this whole "fridays are like weekends" thing normal for lawl school? Because I've got one class at 11, and that's it. And it's kinda rad.

I see you sitting at the bar
I wonder who the fuck you are
You undress me with your eyes
Dreaming of my creamy thighs

Did you wanna see my tits?
Do you wanna taste my lips?
Take me now I'm feeling hot
Right now right here on the spot

Throw me down on the bar
Shall we do the it in the car?
You're so naughty, I'm so nice
Maybe we should do it twice

I don't even know your name
You don't even know my game
I know you wanna hear those screams
'Cause you're the one that's in my dreams

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Not always, I don't get charged taxes when buying MSP from my Xbox or the site, but I always get charged tax when buying stuff on PSN.[/QUOTE]

Odd...

[quote name='Chacrana']aww yea[/QUOTE]

It's beautiful.

Yep, this is what pissed me off about them as well; and ultimately made me just get fed up with the game and not finish it.

[quote name='ihadFG']I really loved Case Zero. It definitely made me decide to keep my preorder of the Zombrex edition of DR2. Dead Rising was one of my favorite games this gen, so I'm glad they didn't change too much.[/QUOTE]

I think the Zombrex edition looks pretty dumb...

Valk Chron 2 is on its way from gamefly since I can't currently afford it. Hoping to plow through Mafia II tonight and tomorrow.

Back to work for now...

side note though: having an opening of an indie games arcade in october after I get back from Toronto... if anyone has ideas of good easy setups at no cost, please post. I'm doing this all with a budget of $0 ^_^

Last special edition i ever bought was Lost Planet... after that, no more. Too much paper and plastic... more worth it if its actually limited like MGS3 Sustenence was

The only special editions I have (Fallout, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock) I got as gifts. The only one I've paid for was Splinter Cell Conviction, and I got that for 30 bucks---less than the regular edition was going for most places at the time.

GoHastings finally got back to me and since the game I wanted is OOS now, they're just refunding me. So I go to play DBZ Shin Budokai pretty much to completion for two weeks for free.

I'm pretty picky about the LE's I get these days. The only reason I'm even thinking about getting DR2: Highstake edition is because of the Psycho costume and the chance to win that Zombie Statue... I just wish it wasn't a Capcom store exclusive.

I bought the Halo Reach Legendary edition. I can't wait to pick it up. That's probably the only Special Edition I'm going to pick up for a while, though.

Last LE I got was Gears cause I had a few extra bucks and there was one in stock.
I actually like that one. The steelbook and artbook were worth the $10 I paid extra.

Dude, that might actually be the ONLY LE I ever bought.

Last LE I bought was Halo 2... and that's just cause it was an extra 5 bucks. I woulda got the Street Fighter 4 LE but it was sold out and I never bother reserving games. I eventually acquired one for 20 bucks anyway.

Played the Vanquish demo... definitely seeing where some people draw comparisons to Lost Planet. Seems worth a rental and nothing more. Is there any melee? I couldn't really figure it out, but was unimpressed enough to not even bother looking in the menus.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Will play Other M someday but the GT review made it look like a game for emos[/QUOTE]

all the reviews really seem to emphasize the amount of cutscenes. They're out of control in the first hour, but I don't think there's been more than 5 minutes worth since then (at about 5 hours in)

So much drama over the game just because "Metroid" is in the title. gamers lamers

Yeah I'll play Other M someday... no rush at the moment. If it is anything like Prime it will get cheap fast (doesn't it seem as if the Metroid series are the only Nintendo games that ever get pretty cheap?)

[quote name='ninja dog']all the reviews really seem to emphasize the amount of cutscenes. They're out of control in the first hour, but I don't think there's been more than 5 minutes worth since then (at about 5 hours in)

So much drama over the game just because "Metroid" is in the title. gamers lamers[/QUOTE]

Every review seems to judge the game based solely on story, which is stupid as fuck.

As far as limited editions I have:
Death Smiles
SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2
SMT: Devil Summoner 2
Persona 3
Mana Khemia 2
Final Fantasy XII
Ys 7
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Halo 2
Halo 3
Fallout 3
BlazBlue

I tend to only get limited editions if I'm really excited about the game or think something that comes with it is really cool.

Jed in Case 0 was easier than any of the original DR bosses. That said, after playing Case 0 through about three times, I'm even more excited about the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back