GGT #42 will be playing Halo Reach with TMK

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Is that shit already filmed or what, Frankie?[/QUOTE]

I can't answer that question. And don't call me Frankie. I will tell you guys that some of the stuff we've done is the hardest shit I've done in my life. I know it all looks easy and fun on TV, but it really isn't. And it's just one of those things people won't understand until they actually go through it themselves.

[quote name='seanr1221']Eh, not really an option, Chac.

Dallow, is that considered crush?[/QUOTE]

i'm not dallow, but crushed blacks are where shit goes pitch black where there should be some visible detail. I have no idea what that scene in Reach is supposed to look like and I'm guessing the iphone's auto-adjust (especially now with HDR adjustment) messes things up too.

[quote name='dallow']No way they wrapped that up in a couple weeks.... or so I thought.[/QUOTE]

They're probably done dude -- why do you think she was mostly MIA for awhile? She just can't talk about it until it airs probably. :cool:

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']She probably got beat by that huge guy during the wet t-shirt comp and got eliminated. :(

SPOILLLLERS I AM CALLING SONY.[/QUOTE]

LOL! What!? You think I'd lose in a wet t-shirt competition? My nickname in the house was Chest-ka, even one of the judges who I can't mention right now was impressed by my assets ;)

It's hard to tell with an off screen pic Sean, but it seems like I can still see the lines of detail in your bigger LCD's screen while the the above shot is the same but more washed out.
However, since I don't have the game, I can't tell how it's supposed to look, so maybe I'm missing something that I can't see on the TV itself directly.

You really need to use a calibration disc to get as correct black and white levels as you can on your LCD.

Ideal option: hire a guy to do ISF calibration on your TV set. Costs around $250-$350.
Great option: Use a disc with instructions on what settings to change for each specific test.
Good option: Use calibrated images that are your TV's resolution and put them on a flash drive and display via PS3.

I used to have a really good one I used to double check my black levels. I'll see if I can find it. It's on my PS3 for sure but I let a friend borrow the system.

----

The thing is, you have to realize you're not always supposed to see everything, some things are supposed to be hidden.
Once you set your TV settings correctly, that's where it should stay. The problem with games is that they always have weird gamma scales, there's no standard like there is with movies so some games will look too dark or too light on a properly calibrated TV. More games seem to have gamma sliders now though to help. This is pretty irritating to be honest.
I'm kind of rambling now....

Best thing, use a disc, calibrate, and don't worry about it.

Here's the image.

You should be able to make out the 12 squares in this image when viewed on the PS3 and the background should be as black as possible without crushing the squares.

If your TV is properly calibrated, there is no change when you choose HDMI limited, and full. I'd just leave it on limited.

http://i.imgur.com/am1zG.jpg
1920x1080

Black levels = brightness
White levels = contrast

Steps here may help:
http://www.poynton.com/notes/brightness_and_contrast/

[quote name='corrosivefrost']They're probably done dude -- why do you think she was mostly MIA for awhile? She just can't talk about it until it airs probably. :cool:[/QUOTE]That's crazy. It wasn't even that long. I expected this thing to take like a month and a half to film at least.... she better spill the beans after it's all over.

[quote name='Cheska19']Haha, I'll give you guys a spoiler. I tell that guy Mo Chocolate to gargle cum at one point.[/QUOTE]:shock:

[quote name='Cheska19']LOL! What!? You think I'd lose in a wet t-shirt competition? My nickname in the house was Chest-ka, even one of the judges who I can't mention right now was impressed by my assets ;)[/QUOTE]The very first post at NeoGaf also said "Chest-Ka".
Hmm..... how would he know....

Ni-Oh coming out for PS3 finally?
I remember that game being announced before PS3 launched....

And Team Ninja is doing the action parts.
Neat-o.

[quote name='dallow']Ni-Oh coming out for PS3 finally?

Neat-o.[/QUOTE]

That game is moldy--I can't even remember what it was supposed to be about.

A game that's been stewing that long is headed for trouble, especially now that PS3 is a "matured" console.

Was probably in planning stages and just stalled for a couple years. Doubt they'd be working on it after all this time.

[quote name='Cao Cao']Sooooo, the next Yakuza game in Japan (Ryu Ga Gotoku of The End) will be about zombies. Huh. *Slowly backs out of the room*
http://www.imagebam.com/image/05536b97747245
http://www.imagebam.com/image/ea238a97749482
http://www.imagebam.com/image/083e0597749490
http://www.imagebam.com/image/d9daa597749496
http://www.imagebam.com/image/07bacd97749503[/QUOTE]

Interest in Yakuza 5 just shot through the roof.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']It's nice to hear boob talk in the GGT that isn't about cartoon characters.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='dallow']Ni-Oh coming out for PS3 finally?

Neat-o.[/QUOTE]

Action parts as in... cinematics or actual gameplay?

I still think it looks like they picked most of the people to fit a gimmick.

But its a reality show so I guess that's expected.

[quote name='distgfx']Stop or I'll force you to play with everybody in the GGT.[/QUOTE]
Oh please, I cracked about 5 minutes after I posted. Unfortunately, Amazon says they aren't going to ship it til 9/20. Assholes.

[quote name='pete5883']Oh please, I cracked about 5 minutes after I posted. Unfortunately, Amazon says they aren't going to ship it til 9/20. Assholes.[/QUOTE]

That means you have time to cancel, brah.

[quote name='dallow']
The thing is, you have to realize you're not always supposed to see everything, some things are supposed to be hidden.
Once you set your TV settings correctly, that's where it should stay. The problem with games is that they always have weird gamma scales, there's no standard like there is with movies so some games will look too dark or too light on a properly calibrated TV. More games seem to have gamma sliders now though to help. This is pretty irritating to be honest.
I'm kind of rambling now....

Best thing, use a disc, calibrate, and don't worry about it.[/QUOTE]

I find that games are mostly too dark, so I set my brightness a little high.

Wow @ DMC5. I wanna overreact and talk about "lol twilight emo" but Dante has always been one of the cheesiest game characters. This is more of a lateral move.

I'm let down by Ninja Theory...seems like hardcore action games are going to the wayside, which was not unexpected in this age of pussification.

and god, Suda's game looks like typical UE3 trash. WTF japan???

Wow, DMC5 looks fucking ghastly. Holy shit that's sad. It's like those morons at Ninja Theory modeled it after bad comic book movies. And why the fuck does Dante look like such a cunt? He was supposed to be younger in DMC3, but they avoided making him look like a piece of shit there... so what happened? Oh, a bunch of douchebag brits trying to make yellow people games happened. fuck European developers.

But yo

i had a dream last night

that Yakuza had cyborg shit going on and zombies.

that was no dream...!

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I am so heartbroken by DMC5. I want my smexy white-haired Dante back.[/QUOTE]

They also made him British apparently.

[quote name='KingBroly']They also made him British apparently.[/QUOTE]
I'd be okay with him being British... It's just the look that completely breaks it for me. I am seriously sad about how he looks. I now completely understand what inFamous fans must have felt like.

I'm getting the feeling Team Ninja is being stretched quite thin at the moment. They just came off Metroid, they're working on NG3, NG on 3DS, apparently Ni-Oh still exists.

Tooooo daaaaaark!

Is your 360 going into a separate input?

Your tv is pretty modern, so it should be able to have individual settings per input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back