GGT #52 -- Thank you, but our princess is in another thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
so uhm anyone else have good laptops in mind?
my friend just reminded me of vaios and from what ive seen of them i like em espcially my cousins that has the finger scanner :lol:

Vaios are all right, but they (at least used to be) are pretty overpriced for what you get. Kind of the Apple approach, only without any extra functionality or software support.

I'd go with any Dell before Sony.

I really like this title. :)

Hmm, it appears my PSP isn't making the issues again bringing up the Home screen (while playing Taiko).

I also finally played Beautiful Katamari co-op with a friend. I actually thought co-op was split screen, but my friend and I had to share the Katamari. It makes sense because it is co-op, but quite hard to control IMO.
[quote name='daroga']Vaios are all right, but they (at least used to be) are pretty overpriced for what you get. Kind of the Apple approach, only without any extra functionality or software support.

I'd go with any Dell before Sony.[/QUOTE]There are a big expensive, but I feel their quality is worth it. I had a friend who had troubles with her HP laptop, but her old Sony Vaio laptop (had it for several years) continued to work. My Sony Vaio desktop, I've had for almost 4 years and never had a problem. Yeah I paid $1300 for it when I got it, but I'm very glad I did since it's the first computer I never got sick of.

But then again, one reason I go Sony over Dell (not because of brand loyalty, because I like Dell too) because usually when I buy a Sony PC, it comes with just about everything. A Dell PC comes bare-bones, and it's like I gotta buy build from sratch with everything (which adds up, and I'm kind of the person who prefers just getting a lot of stuff, then having to build up personally, like the Dell PC I had before my Sony lacked a DVD player (which my previous PC had, due to an order oversight)). Either brand is fine IMO, just how I see it.

ic so dell or a mac are probably the best options?
well for an overall good laptop and one i can use for school right and if im lucky gaming :lol:

I've had an HP, Dell, Vaio.... laptops and desktop for each. I'd rank em' like this.

1) Dell
2) HP
3) Sony

HP and Sony are close, but Dell is the clear winner here. Just make sure you know how to take care of your CPU. ;)

Oh yea, I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these though because I love the look...

sonyvaiolt.jpg

It'll match my TV and replace my current Vaio in my gaming area.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...1&productId=8198552921665291464&storeId=10151

Dell. If you want gaming, look into their XPS series. They're pricey, but that's the cost of getting a decent graphics card in a laptop.

If you don't need the gaming, look into the Inspiron or Latitude (in the small business section) options. You mentioned that it would be your main computer--so if that's true and you aren't going to travel, get a bigger one (XPS or inspiron) since weight doesn't matter much and you'll appreciate the bigger screen, keyboard etc. If you are going to travel a lot, a small latitude will do the trick.

[quote name='MarkMan']Oh yea, I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these though because I love the look...

sonyvaiolt.jpg

It'll match my TV and replace my current Vaio in my gaming area.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...1&productId=8198552921665291464&storeId=10151[/QUOTE]I've been looking at that computer for a while. I'd like to get it.

I decided to play a little more SingStar before bed. I didn't do too well unfortunately. :whistle2:( Although I rarely play PS2 these days, I'm still tempted to at least buy SingStar 90's for a few songs I really like (which the PS3 lacks), but I should wait.

Thinkpads are really, really solid. But pretty darn expensive and fairly exclusive to business apps, at least the last I looked into them.

I had a really old Thinkpad a while back. Worked well, even with its age.

Mario World is so solid. Not quite to Mario 3 levels, but still amazingly good. Sadly for it though, Racoon Tail > Cape.

noooooo!!!

I'm bored again!!

BORED!!

so bored I made my own blog thing:

http://jekki.1up.com

but what am I supposed to do with it now?!?! what am I supposed to put on it?!?!?!

Megido!

Megidola!

Megidolaon!

I think I'm gonna spend the nite reading manga...

I played Guilty Gear against a friend last night and he beat me the first time...then I beat him the next 9 times until he decided to quit :D

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']Inu$$$$?[/QUOTE]

I think the mods want people to make a big deal about him like they did about TMK :D

well, the DS Lite is coming back this week from nintendo after a second repair, so I'll be able to pick up Super Dodgeball Brawlers that came out today.

On a side note, anyone picking up Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2 next week? I'd be interested in playing some online matches.

I just see his user title is Banned, so wtf did I miss? I stay off the Cag for one day and I miss something awesome that went down?

fuck, work starts monday. I didn't accomplish anything on my gaming agenda...my backlog grew!

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']I just see his user title is Banned, so wtf did I miss? I stay off the Cag for one day and I miss something awesome that went down?[/QUOTE]

The whole story unravels somewhere towards the end of GGT episode # 51. We even got raided by the OTT for a minute.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']I just see his user title is Banned, so wtf did I miss? I stay off the Cag for one day and I miss something awesome that went down?[/QUOTE]

MM posted a link to Inufaye's blog in the other GGT I think where he talks about his banning.

[quote name='JEKKI']noooooo!!!

I'm bored again!!

BORED!!

so bored I made my own blog thing:

http://jekki.1up.com

but what am I supposed to do with it now?!?! what am I supposed to put on it?!?!?!
[/quote]

You will accept my 1up friend request ;) !!

yeah i rocked it in halo today

i was sniping, had my BR goin... yea!

it's too bad inufaye ain't here anymore

GGT would rock OTT at halo 3.

[quote name='SL4IN']
On a side note, anyone picking up Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2 next week? I'd be interested in playing some online matches.[/QUOTE]I have it preordered. :) I've played the game a lot on PS3, so I cannot wait. I might consider making a CAG night out of it, but I gotta see how many are willing to play, but I'd play with you.

I had totally forgotten about ordering a controler converter for my Cube from Play-Asia about a month ago, and it finally showed up yesterday. Now I can use my DuelShock PSX controller on the Cube to play FPS games! Horray! I only own 3 FPS games for the Cube (Metroid Prime, Geist, and Gun) and I cannot stand to use the Cube controller on any of those games. I had a converter but it crapped out on me awhile ago and I've been wanting to play Gun so now it looks like I may jump into that. And I might go back and finish Geist, cause I was playing that when the controller converter stopped working on me.

But the converter I bought has some iffy Engrish instructions that I absolutely cannot understand.

While press L2 of PSX2 heavily, equaling press side-L of GC while press R2 of PSX2 heavily, equaling press side-R of GC.

Had a successful nights gaming last night, finished the level I was on in MOH:Airbourne, got it done pretty quickly to. I think I only have the last level to do now.

Also finished the Goron Mine dungeon on Twilight Princess, should have some more fighting on horesback sections now before the next dungeon (I hope).

To round off the evening I picked up Warlords on XBLA, seemed like it was worth 400 points.

[quote name='Krymner']I had totally forgotten about ordering a controler converter for my Cube from Play-Asia about a month ago, and it finally showed up yesterday. Now I can use my DuelShock PSX controller on the Cube to play FPS games! Horray! I only own 3 FPS games for the Cube (Metroid Prime, Geist, and Gun) and I cannot stand to use the Cube controller on any of those games. I had a converter but it crapped out on me awhile ago and I've been wanting to play Gun so now it looks like I may jump into that. And I might go back and finish Geist, cause I was playing that when the controller converter stopped working on me.

But the converter I bought has some iffy Engrish instructions that I absolutely cannot understand.[/QUOTE]
You know how the GC triggers go down for a bit, and then they click in? I think they're saying that L2 and R2 represent clicking in the triggers.

What should I play next? Here's the stack:

MGS2: Sons of Liberty
The World Ends With You
FFCC: Ring of Fates
Rockman ZX Advent
Apollo Justice: AA

[quote name='kainzero']
GGT would rock OTT at halo 3.[/QUOTE]

We won the first show down, but I'd do a rematch.

Yeah I should be on later today.

I might try to play some Half Life 2 but I can save that and switch over at any time. So if you see me on feel free to send me an invite and I should be switched over in about a minute.

Double XP weekend should be starting today - although I think it might be Rockets... :whistle2:/ and I'm thinking the June update will be going live pretty soon.

I haven't played online since January so I'm gonna be rusty... and even in Jan it was like 3 matches, before that it hadn't been since like October :p

[quote name='whoknows']
I said it because my laptop is an HP and buying that piece of junk was a huge mistake. I've never had as many problems with an electronic device ever as I've had with my laptop. I'll never buy anything from HP ever again.
[/quote]Yeah, I've had mine for... almost 5 years I think. Battery died two years in, wasn't covered in the old CC protection plans. Fans suck, are terribly placed, and occasionally jam. Now my AC adapter is just about dead (either the female end is loose on the inside, or the male end isn't connecting), which means the internal power supply components are probably toasted from arcing electricity, from what I was reading online the last few days. Unfortunately I can hardly justify a new laptop when I just got a fancy desktop in December that is sitting in the office of my house with no desk to put it on.

Probably looking for a ~$500 Latitude/Vostro/Satellite or something soon though.

I managed to play another hour of FFCC without making any progress. Stupid level 10 boss casting Protect, nullifying my warriors. Taking Draekon's advice and hoofing it out to a different branch of dungeons next time.

I bought an HP 2 years ago that still runs pretty well. It's one of those "desktop replacement" laptops, so it's a bit heavy and loud.

I can't wait for it to die though. I wanna buy a laptop I can actually put on a bed or my lap without fear of it over heating.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I have played Space Invaders Extreme. That game is damn tasty. Pick it up.[/quote]It's not out yet, is it? I needs that stuff!

[quote name='Apossum']I bought an HP 2 years ago that still runs pretty well. It's one of those "desktop replacement" laptops, so it's a bit heavy and loud.

I can't wait for it to die though. I wanna buy a laptop I can actually put on a bed or my lap without fear of it over heating.[/quote]
Yeah, mine has a Pentium 4 in it. Like a desktop-grade P4. I'm no stranger to overheating.

Gosh, my wife had a Toshiba laptop with one of those desktop procs built in. Horrid. I couldn't format and reinstall windows without setting it in front of a fan or on an AC vent. :p

I've been satisfied with my Dell 9100 laptop. If I ever need to replace, I'd get either an XPS or a Macbook Pro.

And thank goodness for handhelds.

I'll be playing FFIII DS during my downtime in San Diego (wife has to go bed early to prepare for the marathon). May pop in DQM or Pokemon Pearl otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back