GGT #52 -- Thank you, but our princess is in another thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mr. Beef']Wario Land was crazy fun. Wario looked like he was on crack the entire game though.[/quote]

The original one? I guess so. It was a fun game. And like most Nintendo games, it does hold up pretty well.

Best thread title for these threads, take note ppl.

[quote name='whoknows']I never really liked it either. I say skip it and play the real Mario 2 if you need to play a Mario 2.[/quote]

I sincerely disagree. I thoroughly enjoyed Mario 2 from start to end. I think it gets a bad rap for not playing like the other Mario games. I quite enjoyed the change of pace.

AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE REAL MARIO 2! That game is horribly uninspired for something that is a sequel the single most revolutionary game. The level design is horrible, literally it plays like many other Mario mods you may find on the web, it's challenging to the point where it requires memorization and repetition. Miyamoto had nothing to do with this one, and it painfully shows.

Super Mario Bros. 2 USA >>>>> Super Mario Bros. 2 JAPAN

[quote name='KingBroly']Bunny ears rock! But not as much as Kuriboh's shoe. Also, why the vista hate? I'm using now (My old lappy died), and with Office XP, it works okay.[/quote]Gotta love the shoe!

I think you've answered your own question. It's just not different enough from XP to warrant an upgrade. And where it is different, it's stupid. Why do I need 2 GB of RAM to run the OS alone well? It's not that Vista is bad (except it's search functions, it always feels like a freaking chore to just get it to a normal, wild-card-enabled file name search), it's just that there's no reason to run it. Even those my PC can run Vista fine, I prefer to run with XP's snappiness.

More off topic stuff: For those running Vista, I highly recomment checking out vLite before you reinstall next to strip out the crap you don't use and set it to be pre-customized in its settings after its done installing. nLite is for 2000, XP, and 2003. For instance, taking out all the extra languages other than English (or your language of choice) saves several gigs from both XP and Vista.

Neat. My copy of Shadow Hearts Covenant got here today. Gamequestdirect even had a sticker on the back of the outer wrap that had two coupons. Unfortunately, the coupons expired in 2005, but it's the thought that counts.

Been diving back into Etrian Odyssey and getting my ass stomped. Gonna have to do a little bit of grinding to continue any farther.

I also played a bit more of Advance Wars DoR, and come to the conclusion that I absolutely love those big battles. Just a few more missions to go before I beat it, but I have skipped almost all of those side-battles so I might go back and beat those eventually.

BTW, I got a Play-Asia $5 off $50 coupon that expires July 13, if anyone wants it. Just PM me, cause I doubt I'll use it anytime soon.

I'm thinking about picking up something at Gamestop tomorrow. Maybe Psychonauts for the Xbox? How does that play with the 360?

The Complete Lego Star Wars needs a price drop. I'll pay $50 for Indy, not for Star Wars.

Hrmm.... still playing Persona 2. Yeah, I can fight the final boss right now, but I still spent 5 hours today levelling up, finding new shit, and generally trying to make my Personas ridiculously strong. I should be able to absolutely destroy the final boss by now, but I'm still not finished prepping.

*shrug* I've been using Vista for a month with no complaints.

I started up MGS2 today, haven't touched it since 2002. Can't get off the tanker 'cause I can't find the USP. :cold:

When I'm not at home, I've been playing Ridge Racer 2 for the PSP (the Euro-trash import.) It's great. It doesn't add much the first Ridge Racer didn't have, but I love seeing the R4 tracks again since most of them weren't in the first game.

I think I'll just finish off Persona 2 tonight or tomorrow.

still editing wikipedia stuff for my internship. it's kinda cool to learn about the guys I'm working for while doing it. the more I know about them the more I like them.

oh and to make time go by I play tekken DR OST.

[quote name='Moxio']I'm going to try and dive straight into Golden Sun this weekend.

For the 4th time. :cool:[/QUOTE]

if you didn't put the game title in caps it would have sounded as if you were committing suicide.

I wanted to take a picture for the GGT but my camera's battery was dead - I went to this new ghetto type Best Buy (On 76th in menomenee falls, probably where daroga went) and they had clearance everywhere- I got all for $10 each Flatout:UC for 360, and Megaman ZX Advent, Worms Open Warfare 2, and the first Castlevania DS game.

Also lost planet colonies. And i'm starting to really get into Lost Odyssey- and GTA4 multiplayer is AWESOME. wow.

I love being able to have a job and buy stuff- but then not having time to play it!

Mario 2 USA IS the real mario 2. Miyamoto was more involved in Doki Doki Panic than SMB2j and it has more unique and evolved features. And is a better game. End of story.

Apparently I work with a guy who knows you, daroga.. lol small world

[quote name='jer7583']
I love being able to have a job and buy stuff- but then not having time to play it![/QUOTE]

i'm looking forward to entering this mode next week. right at the worst possible time--the NG2 MGS4 week of heavenly heaveness. otoh, my job will kick ass and actually be relevant to my future, for once.

didnt I jus beat Gurumin yesterday???

sheeyit...

now I beat Megaman ZX.

I'm on a roll!

a JEKKI roll!!

it's like a Rick Roll but it's better!!

all I gotta do now is be on a JEKKI roll tomorrow

oh yeah I have one of those relevant, kickass jobs. Extra bonus is I work with really good friends from college. It's like nothing changed, except we work together 8 hours a day! The business is even owned by a professor from my college. lol

congrats apossum

Okay, I think I'm gonna fight that final boss in Persona 2 now... My characters and personas are all beasts. Of course, I can't quite fight him yet, because it's late and I'm tired. So I'll do it first thing tomorrow morning.

Not sure what I'll do with my time from then until Ninja Gaiden II...

kinda wish the main character was the guy with the gun since I like his design... oh well. it will be good but I won't play it. It takes alot for me to sit down with metroidvenia gametypes... not because I don't like them, I just get a bit obsessive when I play them and don't get anything else done >_

[quote name='JEKKI']didnt I jus beat Gurumin yesterday???

sheeyit...

now I beat Megaman ZX.

I'm on a roll!

a JEKKI roll!!

it's like a Rick Roll but it's better!!

all I gotta do now is be on a JEKKI roll tomorrow[/quote]

That reminds me that I need to beat Megamn ZX Advent. I got to the last stage but I kept messing up and getting killed.

Well anyway I think I have calmed down enough so I'll start playing Persona 3 FES. With luck I should finish it by the end of next week since The Answer is around 30 hours or so. After that I'll restart Persona 2 since it's been atleast 2-3 since I touched it.

My stereo is >10 years old and was found in the garbage + MGS4 is coming soon + I have more money than I know what to do with = I think I want to buy some surround sound shit.

Ideally I'd like everything I need in 1 box, but if that's a bad idea I can adapt. I'm going to be using as much HDMI as possible. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Should I play ZX or ZX Advent? Which is better?

The building I work at just got a wifi network installed. I use it to play WiFi Tetris DS when I take dumps.

Also, SMB2 is spectacular. I agree completely with the change of pace point. It was refreshing and is still refreshing to play it because it's different.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Should I play ZX or ZX Advent? Which is better?[/QUOTE]
ZX has a dumb map system, but it's irrelevant if you go to GameFAQs and download the map like I did. Haven't played ZXA yet but I would imagine they're not much different.

Wow, Castlevania OOE is looking pretty damn hot.

No NG2 demo for me. Even if I wasn't away home, I don't want to dilute my experience any more than I already have with previews and such. Game is already a must buy for me.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']kinda wish the main character was the guy with the gun since I like his design... oh well. it will be good but I won't play it. It takes alot for me to sit down with metroidvenia gametypes... not because I don't like them, I just get a bit obsessive when I play them and don't get anything else done >_

I'd avoid HTIB as separate components yield better performance and you can build around it as your needs change. I'd start with investing in a great A/V receiver and go from there. If cost is a big factor, then I'd look at the Onkyo 605. Research on your part will be required to see if that meets your needs, of course.

And go Lakers! On to the next round!

Oh So glad the spurs lost. Not a lakers fan, but damn do I hate the spurs (and I'm from san antonio!).

Started my first playthrough of Kingdom Hearts 2. About 6 hours in and I'm really liking it alot.

[quote name='Apossum']NG2 demo is up in Japan.[/QUOTE]

is it playable on a US 360 though? after the last update to the dashboard some of the Japanese demos I sue to be abel to play don't let me play them anymore on my US account or my Japanese.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Should I play ZX or ZX Advent? Which is better?[/quote]

It depends if you can stand horrible dubbing or not? I think ZXA is better than ZX, but that's coming from someone who likes to watch anime. Gameplay wise, pretty much the same game.

I'm thinking a new theater setup is in store for us too. My surround unit was purchased about 7 years ago I guess and has gone through too many moves to count. It was a fairly cheap to begin with. Some of the speakers are starting to crackle at certain, random moments. I'm not really sure what's going on.

I think the Onkyo 605 is probably going to be my receiver. What's a good balance between cost and quality for speakers?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']is it playable on a US 360 though? after the last update to the dashboard some of the Japanese demos I sue to be abel to play don't let me play them anymore on my US account or my Japanese.[/quote]

In the NG2 thread, zewone confirmed it's for Japan Gold Accounts only.

As for speakers, as with most HT/HD stuff, try to save up for the best you can afford. I haven't been researching speakers recently, though. I'm sure Chac has some good advice for those.

[quote name='gunm']In the NG2 thread, zewone confirmed it's for Japan Gold Accounts only.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but that's only for downloading. in terms of playing, that's totally different.

[quote name='daroga']I'm thinking a new theater setup is in store for us too. My surround unit was purchased about 7 years ago I guess and has gone through too many moves to count. It was a fairly cheap to begin with. Some of the speakers are starting to crackle at certain, random moments. I'm not really sure what's going on.

I think the Onkyo 605 is probably going to be my receiver. What's a good balance between cost and quality for speakers?[/QUOTE]
Inufaye just pointed me towards these

IT IS FRIDAY!

Do the Vega roll!

Damn I love Fridays.

I'm only workin' 4 hours today too!

*starts backflippin into headspins*

Just finished Persona 2 EP. My copious preparation for that final battle meant that after I set the commands for my characters to use, I never once needed to go into the menus. It was basically set it and forget it.

So where would I rank this on the SMT hierarchy? I'm thinking it's number 1.

Chac, the speaker and HT setup talk from a page back needs you.

Just finished watching Empire Strikes Back. I think I like Star Wars a bit more now than I did when I first saw them at their theatrical rereleases. They're fun at least. :)

Time to head to the bank and then maybe over to the non-ghetto Best Buy and Gamestop east of here. Not sure I'm gonna get anything, but the Original Trilogy Lego Star Wars is tempting.

[quote name='pete5883']Inufaye just pointed me towards these[/quote]
Yikes. I think my $200 Kenwood receiver + speakers from 2002 will continue to serve my needs well enough. Granted I think the subwoofer there is comparable to my entire 6 piece set. I'll probably worry about a bigger TV before a new sound system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back