GGT170 knows exactly what it wants in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used arcade for a long time but got sick of the little boxes, so now I'm on widescreen.
I think I'm using the smooth filter and I love the scanlines.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']what settings do you guys use for screen size/background and filters on 3s?[/QUOTE]

Default.

EDIT: Jesus Christ...

IMAG0091a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Did you bastards really move to AE after I left? Hatechu. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Josh wanted to, so we did.

Besides, you said you were done!

[quote name='distgfx']Josh wanted to, so we did.

Besides, you said you were done![/QUOTE]

Yeah, with 3s. If I knew you were switching to AE, I'd have stuck around. :lol:
Especially for Icebeezy... :drool:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, with 3s. If I knew you were switching to AE, I'd have stuck around. :lol:
Especially for Icebeezy... :drool:[/QUOTE]

I need to be told these things, then I'll hook you up.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Especially for Icebeezy... :drool:[/QUOTE]

We should play some more UMvC3 some time Frosty, I haven't booted that game up in a little while. Probably isn't going to happen this weekend though with the super bowl tomorrow. Maybe sometime this next week.

If anyone else has SoulCalibur V for PS3 I wouldn't mind playing that with someone too.

--

I'm liking Chun-Li in AE 2012, she is nice diversion from playing Sakura all the time. Plus if I can learn a little bit with her maybe I'll become slightly better with charge characters which I'm usually bad with (readying myself to play B.B. Hood when a new DarkStalkers finally comes out).

Back when 3S Online came out, it was a revolution when I learned that you could use a crouch to do the hold part of a charge move, haha. :lol:

Played a shit ton of Arkham City last night. Really loving that game.

I'm digging the PS3. Still not huge on the Dual Shock though, so I'm looking forward to getting that Raven controller this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the many reasons to love Hank:

Hank last night: "Drunk JENGA owns."

Hank this morning: "Just woke up and puked. Don't drink, ever. Trust me."

[quote name='distgfx']I need to be told these things, then I'll hook you up.[/QUOTE]

Based off the comments about fucking around in AE 2 nights ago and it being random that you guys stayed on it, I didn't think there was any way in hell you'd be quiting 3s to play AE. Noted for next time.

[quote name='icebeast']We should play some more UMvC3 some time Frosty, I haven't booted that game up in a little while. Probably isn't going to happen this weekend though with the super bowl tomorrow. Maybe sometime this next week.

I'm liking Chun-Li in AE 2012, she is nice diversion from playing Sakura all the time. Plus if I can learn a little bit with her maybe I'll become slightly better with charge characters which I'm usually bad with (readying myself to play B.B. Hood when a new DarkStalkers finally comes out).
[/QUOTE]

Sure thing -- we'll find a night that works, hopefully, despite the time difference.
And I liked Chun in SSF4 a bit, but I've forgotten a lot of what I knew with her. She's definitely one of the people I used to play regularly worked in with Cammy/Juri/Cody/Ken.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I love playing Evil Ryu. I want to mess around with more people on the roster, but I really only keep going back to him.[/QUOTE]

I like him too... don't know if I want to bother with trying to transition 3s Akuma to AE, maybe I'll focus on Evil Ryu, though I like Oni a lot too.

[quote name='panzerfaust']let's get on AE then, ya?[/QUOTE]

Right nao?

--

Unrelated note, holy fucking shit, I hate hardcore mode on Dead Space 2. I'm still tense and pissed off that I was a good deal into chapter 1 before I got killed where you get the stasis module. I think I'm going to have to burn an early save and then just hope I can make up the difference between when the internet recommends save 2 and when I actually burn it... I'm getting sick of sitting through the intro. I can't imagine doing 5 chapters all over again If I die before the recommended saves in chapter 6 or 7.

[quote name='panzerfaust']lol my connection is so bad, sorry. ill have to take my ps3 somewhere on campus if i want to play it seems.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing our NATs or something were incompatible. :(

In 3S I use no filter and the 2nd stretch option, not fullscreen stretch. That's closer to the arcade's 384 x 224 resolution IMO. Weird ass CPS2/3 resolution.

[quote name='ihadFG']One of the many reasons to love Hank:

Hank last night: "Drunk JENGA owns."

Hank this morning: "Just woke up and puked. Don't drink, ever. Trust me."[/QUOTE]
This.

Drunk JENGA is still the shit, but less fun after you've taken out a bottle of Jack.

Also fuck Evan Williams, that shit made me sick.

. . .I'll end up drinking it again somehow.

Beat Arkham City.

Still more to do in the game of course. Stopped at the 4th Catwoman sequence as it is late. Sidequest wise I still need to finish Watcher in the Wings, Acts of Violoence, the Advanced AR trainings (not sure I'll do those), and of course the Riddler stuff--also not sure I'll bother with that one. Too much other stuff to play to waste time on collect-a-thon crap.

Anyway, great game. Probably liked it more than the first.

[quote name='gunm']Played some Skylanders with my kids today. It's actually pretty fun for what it is.[/QUOTE]

No gunm, they've got you now. I expect to see you posting in the thread in this section talking about how you've been to 5 stores in Hawaii in a single night looking for rare figures.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
Drunk JENGA is still the shit, but less fun after you've taken out a bottle of Jack.
[/QUOTE]

Jenga with rules written on them is even better. Great party game with chicks.

Got toasty on saturday and played a ton of RE5 with a buddy at his place. It was a crazy night that ended up in me making bacon wrapped hot dogs in the morning.

I've been playing Dah Darkness this week. I wish the dude would walk faster, or, I don't know, run maybe. Would make those hub sections less painful. Games a shooter, I want to go shoot things, not talk to old ladies about walking across town to take the train to talk to old dudes. I'm digging it for the most part though.

I wish they would say it like this though. It's how I pretend to hear it in my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Uh3IqDFCY&feature=related

It's like 151 rum, pineapple juice, and Malibu, caribou, get them all numb, make baby girl come.

I have not gone to bed yet because I just had the best night that I've had in a long time! That girl I been talking to literally stayed up the entire night with me on the phone talking about our past relationships and how much we like each other.

fuckin' awesome.

I was legitimately going to quit my job this morning, but I was so angry that I wouldnt be able to even speak the words.
So I think I'll just call my boss tomorrow and put in my two weeks. Time to start looking for a new job!

[quote name='linkpwns']I was legitimately going to quit my job this morning, but I was so angry that I wouldnt be able to even speak the words.
So I think I'll just call my boss tomorrow and put in my two weeks. Time to start looking for a new job![/QUOTE]

Pro-Tip: Find a new job first.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']In 3S I use no filter and the 2nd stretch option, not fullscreen stretch. That's closer to the arcade's 384 x 224 resolution IMO. Weird ass CPS2/3 resolution.

This.

Also fuck Evan Williams, that shit made me sick.

. . .I'll end up drinking it again somehow.[/QUOTE]

I like Evan Williams, shit is cheap and actually doesn't taste bad for how cheap it is. :\

Since one or two of you guys may find yourselves in some sort of managorial position in the future, here are some things NOT to say to an employee who worked every single holiday this past year, including Thanksgiving, Halloween, New Years Eve and Day, Christmas Eve and Day without Holiday Pay or any bonus and is on his 12th hour of his 14 hour over night shift on Superbowl Sunday:
"All you want to do is sit around here and collect a pay check"
"I don't even need you here. You don't do your job"
"I dont need a statue. We have a statue in the harbor, its called the Statue of Liberty, we dont need more than one" (quite seriously the LEAST inventive option)
"Nothing here is done. A fourteen year old could do a better job than you."

Especially given that the "job" said employee completely failed to do was actually just a single box missing not being packed onto a shelf.

And that it wasn't even that employee that did the work in that section.
If you notice something nearly this ground-breakingly urgent in your workplace, I would recommend instead that you tell the employee that he missed something, and ask him to do it, given that he still has two hours left on his shift. I would recommend against pouting like a baby while whining that you will have to do everything by yourself, while refusing help from anyone (especially if you inhabit the body of a middle-aged Man working in a 711).
I would also recommend avoiding these lines with customers in the store.

Got my new 360 this morning. A bit baffled as to why they sent a copy of Kinect Adventures in the bundle of games I got on Friday when it's packed in with the console...Other annoyance the Kinect bundle doesn't come with a headset and I didn't think to grab one when I bought a component cable yesterday. Oh well.

Also had to call MS Support again as I couldn't renew my Xbox Live gold codes. They just hadn't taken the lock of purchasing. But that's taken care of so hopefully it's good to go. Have gold up through Feb 2015, and have another year worth of codes from the investigation and the 3 months that came with the console.

Bought Bastion since it's on sale for 600 pts until Tuesday. Need to transfer my licenses over and set that stuff to download when I head out for a doctor's appointment in a bit.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Pro-Tip: Find a new job first.[/QUOTE]
This.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']I like Evan Williams, shit is cheap and actually doesn't taste bad for how cheap it is. :\[/QUOTE]
It doesn't taste bad, but when Jack is $5 more, just spend the $5 and get Jack.

Stop being cheap. :nottalking:

And probably the real reason I was sick is from some cold shrimp we were eating. Most of a bottle of Jack and a bunch of Evan Williams probably didn't help, but I'm blaming the shrimp.

[quote name='linkpwns']Since one or two of you guys may find yourselves in some sort of managorial position in the future, here are some things NOT to say to an employee who worked every single holiday this past year, including Thanksgiving, Halloween, New Years Eve and Day, Christmas Eve and Day without Holiday Pay or any bonus and is on his 12th hour of his 14 hour over night shift on Superbowl Sunday:
"All you want to do is sit around here and collect a pay check"
"I don't even need you here. You don't do your job"
"I dont need a statue. We have a statue in the harbor, its called the Statue of Liberty, we dont need more than one" (quite seriously the LEAST inventive option)
"Nothing here is done. A fourteen year old could do a better job than you."

Especially given that the "job" said employee completely failed to do was actually just a single box missing not being packed onto a shelf.

And that it wasn't even that employee that did the work in that section.
If you notice something nearly this ground-breakingly urgent in your workplace, I would recommend instead that you tell the employee that he missed something, and ask him to do it, given that he still has two hours left on his shift. I would recommend against pouting like a baby while whining that you will have to do everything by yourself, while refusing help from anyone (especially if you inhabit the body of a middle-aged Man working in a 711).
I would also recommend avoiding these lines with customers in the store.[/QUOTE]
This sounds pretty fucking annoying. I'd probably have assault charges after I laid that fucker out if he said that to me.

Definitely find something else, you don't deserve to put up with his whiny bitch ass.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']This.

It doesn't taste bad, but when Jack is $5 more, just spend the $5 and get Jack.

Stop being cheap. :nottalking:
[/QUOTE]

Not sure what magic land you live in, but a 1 liter of EW here is like $16. Jack is $28+. :p

Around here regular Jack is around $18 for a fifth. I usually go for Gentleman's Jack if I buy it at all--that's around $7 more I think.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Not sure what magic land you live in, but a 1 liter of EW here is like $16. Jack is $28+. :p[/QUOTE]

I live in the Magic Land of Illinois, which is pretty shitty.

750 mL of Jack is $20, that's all I need. Kraken is a buck cheaper.

EW is like $14 for the same amount.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
This sounds pretty fucking annoying. I'd probably have assault charges after I laid that fucker out if he said that to me.

Definitely find something else, you don't deserve to put up with his whiny bitch ass.[/QUOTE]
Truth. Mikey, you can do so much better. You need to find a new job.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I still feel sick as fuck. Had to be the shrimp.

Feel like Imma puke.[/QUOTE]Probably that and the three-foot burrito.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I didn't have a single burrito all weekend. :cry:[/QUOTE]Might be why you're sick, lack of blood-buritto ratio.

[quote name='icebeast']No gunm, they've got you now. I expect to see you posting in the thread in this section talking about how you've been to 5 stores in Hawaii in a single night looking for rare figures.[/QUOTE]

I went to 3 stores in Hawaii last night looking for rare figures. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back