GGT170 knows exactly what it wants in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='gunm']I went to 3 stores in Hawaii last night looking for rare figures. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I bet your kids were like:
tumblr_lnxceaodZW1qbvovho1_500.gif

what happened? did mikey finally get caught jizzing in the slushie machine on quiet tuesday nights when I'm jacking off to stargate sg-1?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']He's like white and Chinese or something[/QUOTE]
Infested terran, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Xbox all set up finally. Took a while to download all the games, Gears of War 3 season pass content etc.

Kinect works fine, have just enough room (for single player anyway) with the 6.5 feet from the sensor to my couch.

As far as motion control stuff goes, Kinect Adventures is pretty fun the little I played of it (just played through the beginner stuff). More tiring that I expected as well, worked up a decent sweat in the 30 minutes or so I played. The downloadable Carnival Games thing it came with as well is pretty worthless though.

Temporarily. Going to fire up the PS3 in a few and play some more Batman. :D

But had to make sure the Kinect was workable in my space to decide whether to keep it or sell it. That said I'll probably end up gaming on the 360 more for a bit as I have more games to play on it than the PS3 currently as I have Skyrim, Bastion, Halo Anniversary, Forza 4, Fear 3 and Gears 3 (need to play online more, play Raam's Shadow etc.) that I need to play on 360. PS3 I just have Batman that I'm almost done with, Mass Effect 2 to replay, Uncharted 3 (want to play 1 & 2 first) and Killzone 3 coming from Goozex. Have a bunch of PS3 stuff on my Goozex list, just a matter of waiting to get matched up. And once I clear out those 360 games I won't buy anything on it in the future other than exclusives or the odd game like Skyrim that runs better on 360.

Anyway, listed some stuff on Amazon to sell today. Had never used their market place to sell before, but it's pretty painless. Easy to use and their commissions aren't bad at all. Already sold two games for $30 each. Wish I'd thought of that with some of the games I sent to Goozex last week as I too many points over there now.

Trust me, I was very split on stealing that ad from the Vs forum or doing the Starcraft joke.

If that guy gets elected, you just know that ten years from now, aliens will use that video as part of the trial to decide whether or not they should destroy humanity for the good of the galaxy.

Hmmm...other than Mass Effect and Skyrim, what RPG should I play on my 360? I'm burned out of the shooters and platformers...I want to play something GOOD.

Well... Dragon Age plays a lot better on PC, but it's not terrible on console.

But fuck that. You should all play Tribes Ascend with me. Beta's free, yo.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Hmmm...other than Mass Effect and Skyrim, what RPG should I play on my 360? I'm burned out of the shooters and platformers...I want to play something GOOD.[/QUOTE]

Alpha Protocol

Think I'm done with all I'll do in Arkham City. Only side quests left unfinished are the Riddler one, the save the political prisoner's one, and the advanced AR simulations.

After I got done with that, I played a couple stages in Kirby's Epic Yarn. Need to get that finished up, it's my only unfinished Wii game on the shelf currently.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Hmmm...other than Mass Effect and Skyrim, what RPG should I play on my 360? I'm burned out of the shooters and platformers...I want to play something GOOD.[/QUOTE]

Tales of Vesperia
Lost Odyssey
Eternal Sonata
Deus Ex: Human Evolution
Alpha Protocol
Fallout 3
Dragon Age Origins/Dragon Age 2 (get the Ultimate Edition for Origins, DA 2 is $20 new)
Dungeon Siege 3 (now that it's $20 new)

Kingdoms of Amalur comes out tomorrow, Mass Effect 3 is in March, The Witcher 2 is out in April.

I just started the Hunger Games, after having it suggested to me a 100 times.

I was only planning on reading the first chapter before some internet and then bed, but I couldn't bring myself to stop until page 148.

It's really damn good.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Tales of Vesperia
Lost Odyssey
Eternal Sonata
Deus Ex: Human Evolution
Alpha Protocol
Fallout 3
Dragon Age Origins/Dragon Age 2 (get the Ultimate Edition for Origins, DA 2 is $20 new)
Dungeon Siege 3 (now that it's $20 new)

Kingdoms of Amalur comes out tomorrow, Mass Effect 3 is in March, The Witcher 2 is out in April.[/QUOTE]
All my friends keep talking about is ME3 coming out lol

I forgot about Lost Odyssey. If I can find Vesperia, I'll shoot for that first. I haven't played any Tales games since ToD, and I've heard DA1 was better than DA2

[quote name='The Crotch']What race are you?[/QUOTE]

What Hank says.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']He's like white and Chinese or something.

But why you gotta bring up race, Crotch?[/QUOTE]

This is true.

[quote name='The Crotch']Infested terran, eh?[/QUOTE]

Also very true.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Not the zerg master race, that's for sure[/QUOTE]

This is what I play.

Yakuza 4.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I just started the Hunger Games, after having it suggested to me a 100 times.

I was only planning on reading the first chapter before some internet and then bed, but I couldn't bring myself to stop until page 148.

It's really damn good.[/QUOTE]

Is it Battle Royale status?

[quote name='j-cart']Is it Battle Royale status?[/QUOTE]

Well having read the entire Hunger Games series recently (around 6 months ago I think), as well as Battle Royale for my 5th time (this most recent time reading the second edition) around a year ago, I think I'm probably qualified to comment on this. If you like Battle Royale, you would probably enjoy The Hunger Games (which is more or less a western take on the Battle Royale idea). I think I still enjoy Battle Royale a bit more, both have plenty of ridiculous moments where you question the feasibility of the plot (but in some cases that is part of the charm, love the MacGyver moments in Battle Royale, haha), but I think Battle Royale nails the feeling of being in that situation a little better when it decides to take itself seriously, some parts of The Hunger Games (especially the second two books) have so many moments where young characters are doing super human stuff, it sort of loses the normal human element (again Battle Royale has these moments too, but The Hunger Games seems to have a lot less normal interaction in-between its ridiculous moments). Although, to be fair, my leaning towards Battle Royale may also have to do with the fact that I read Battle Royale for the first time in 2003, so maybe I'm biased towards it since I read it first (and really love the book, it's probably in my top 5 novels, and might be the novel I've read the most number of times).

[quote name='j-cart']I'll bite on it. I do need something new to read.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you'll be disappointed, assuming you like Battle Royale and you're looking to read something fairly action oriented that you can get through at a good clip (in that regard it does feel like the Hunger Games books are much quicker reads than Battle Royale, but I think they are shorter books, which in some regards feels like it is to their determent since everything moves so quickly that there isn't really ever much time for details or the little side stories that Battle Royale throws in to flesh out even some of the characters that only get a single chapter).

The story telling style is a little bit different too, since you basically only get the Hunger Games story from a single character's perspective for the most part, whereas Battle Royale bounced around a lot, which in general I tend to really enjoy. Many of my favorite books seem to have multiple converging story lines, I guess I just like stories told in that way.

[quote name='icebeast']
The story telling style is a little bit different too, since you basically only get the Hunger Games story from a single character's perspective for the most part, whereas Battle Royale bounced around a lot, which in general I tend to really enjoy, multiple story lines are usually very enjoyable to read for me.[/QUOTE]

Catch-22 and Slaughterhouse-Five should be your next two reads then if you haven't yet.

[quote name='j-cart']Catch-22 and Slaughterhouse-Five should be your next two reads then if you haven't yet.[/QUOTE]

I read Slaughterhouse-Five back in Sophomore year of high school, and I like it, it's a rather trippy book at times, haha, but there is a lot of really great content in-between the crazier moments.

Haven't read Catch-22 yet, although I should probably look into that one since it's so well known and well regarded.

Isn't the hunger games like the new twilight esque preteen obsession?

Also, I think I lied again guys. Playing 3s tonight is going to be near impossible for me tonight. I only got 3 hours of sleep Sunday night, 4 hours last night... So I may be able to actually sleep tonight.
But tomorrow... I will be there tomorrow.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I just started the Hunger Games, after having it suggested to me a 100 times.

It's really damn good.[/QUOTE]

The Hunger Games series was a really quick read for me. I went through all three books in less than a week. It ranks up there with Harry Potter in terms of ease of reading (which IMO contributes to the page turnerness).

EDIT: Tribes Ascend is an awesome old school feeling MP shooter. Haven't had a chance to play it as much as I should though.

Zeno Clash is like a nightmare on acid. The character designs..there are no words.

[quote name='BlueScrote']EDIT: Tribes Ascend is an awesome old school feeling MP shooter. Haven't had a chance to play it as much as I should though.[/QUOTE]
What's your name on there? Have you played since the last patch? Damn near everything changed.

I'm loving the game, but I'm not a fan of grinding for classes, weapons, and upgrades. I mean, when you're going with a free-to-play model, it makes sense to have unlockable shit for people to throw their money at. I get it. But 170,000 EXP for a fucking assault rifle? I have 6000 EXP!

And fuck, I want to play as a raider already. I'm tired of the god damn thumper.

I'm not convinced any "F2P" game can balance "isn't shit" with "doesn't bleed money".

But for what it's worth, I could see myself actually paying money for this when it comes out of beta.

LoL works incredibly well, and that's what actually inspired Hi-Rez to take the F2P route with Tribes.

I think they forgot that LoL isn't an FPS though...

[quote name='Inf^Shini']All my friends keep talking about is ME3 coming out lol

I forgot about Lost Odyssey. If I can find Vesperia, I'll shoot for that first. I haven't played any Tales games since ToD, and I've heard DA1 was better than DA2[/QUOTE]

Only way to get it for a decent price on disk is via Amazon. 3rd party vender with Amazon fullfillment selling it for $27. Download version on Games on Demand is $30.

[quote name='panzerfaust']LoL works incredibly well, and that's what actually inspired Hi-Rez to take the F2P route with Tribes.

I think they forgot that LoL isn't an FPS though...[/QUOTE]
As a Starcraft fan, I am contractually obligated to hate LoL. We'll see how well they keep up to DotA 2. Not that I pay much attention to that subgenre, anyway.

Cereally, though. Get on the Tribes train, people.

It's the other way around, because I don't think anything can catch up to LoL at this point. The game is obscenely successful, while DotA 2 seems to be a low budget reach out to its original fans.

LoL has surpassed WoW in active players, I believe.

Played the Darkness II demo last night. I want it now, game's tons of fun. It's like they took the first one, said "Here's some sweet shit you can do, have fun!" and combined it with Bulletstorm style kill scoring. It's a blast. ^__^

[quote name='The Crotch']As a Starcraft fan, I am contractually obligated to hate LoL. We'll see how well they keep up to DotA 2. Not that I pay much attention to that subgenre, anyway.

Cereally, though. Get on the Tribes train, people.[/QUOTE]

Got a beta key. If I hate it, I will hate you forever.

P.S. no I won't.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Played the Darkness II demo last night. I want it now, game's tons of fun. It's like they took the first one, said "Here's some sweet shit you can do, have fun!" and combined it with Bulletstorm style kill scoring. It's a blast. ^__^[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah. I'm playing that first one right now and the darkness stuff is kind of secondary crap that I forget about and never really use. I liked seeing that it's a lot more active in the new one with the grabbing and the cutting and the stabbing.

I used the powers in the first Darkness game a ton. I mainly just ran the tendrils out and killed everyone in a room/building before entering.

Definitely looking forward to the sequel as it looks great. But it is a wait for price drop/goozex game since I have too much else on the shelf/to play list.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I used the powers in the first Darkness game a ton. I mainly just ran the tendrils out and killed everyone in a room/building before entering.[/QUOTE]

Same

[quote name='dmaul1114']
Definitely looking forward to the sequel as it looks great. But it is a wait for price drop/goozex game since I have too much else on the shelf/to play list.[/QUOTE]

Also same.

One thing that I think the first game did really well compared to other shooters was the story/atmosphere. Hopefully the second game keeps it up.

Talk about inefficient/wasteful packaging. Ordered two 6 ft optical cables from Amazon Basics--they came in a 19.5" x 14.25' by 4.25" box! Each cable was in it's own 8" x 8" x 2.5" box inside that, with several of those air packs around them!

Crazy. I normally order cables from monoprice, but went with Amazon this time for the faster shipping as I needed a couple more optical cables to hook up my old toslink switcher as I'm out of optical inputs on my old receiver again now that I have the 360 and PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back