God of War Saga and infamous Collection Announced Aug 28th $39.99 each

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!
Now before the MSRP Nazis come out of the wood work this is important news for those people looking to get any of the single parts of these games since the price is so awesome for all the content. I will update once prices confirmed.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-with-playstation-collections/#comment-741007

Inside God of War Saga is:
God of War.
God of War 2.
God of War 3.
God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta).
Bonus Content.
Voucher For one Trial Month of PlayStation Plus.
Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War 3 and God of War: Origins Collection).

And inside inFamous Collection:
inFamous.
inFamous 2.
inFamous: Festival of Blood.
Extra missions.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']Now before the MSRP Nazis come out of the wood work this is important news for those people looking to get any of the single parts of these games since the price is so awesome for all the content. I will update once prices confirmed.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-with-playstation-collections/#comment-741007

Inside God of War Saga is:
God of War.
God of War 2.
God of War 3.
God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta).
Bonus Content.
Voucher For one Trial Month of PlayStation Plus.
Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War 3 and God of War: Origins Collection).

And inside inFamous Collection:
inFamous.
inFamous 2.
inFamous: Festival of Blood.
Extra missions.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome, thanks for the post.

Wow. The announcement of the voucher in GOW: Saga turned this from a "must buy" to "eh, maybe when it's clearanced out".

[quote name='panasonic']God of War 3 in 3D. DAY 1[/QUOTE]

When I view the blog, it appears they've stricken the "3D" for GOW3 and it now appers to be only for Origins

God of War Saga

• God of War
  • God of War II
  • God of War III
  • God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta)
  • Exclusive Bonus Content
  • Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus
  • Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War III and God of War: Origins Collection)

Pretty amazing how so many people are getting excited and yet these are basically identical to the Resistance Collection and Uncharted Collection that they have already done. After I read this comment I just shook my head.

+ PenguinInfinity on August 6th, 2012 at 10:27 am said:
Are inFamous 1 & 2 on a single disc? Are God of War 1-3 on a single disc?

This is the Sony Rep.
+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:
No and No.

That God of War Saga Collection is ridiculous.

Will still end up waiting for a GF sale but that is one collection that is worth the $40 on day one.

Well I read the blog more myself. Seems like Infamous FoB will be a voucher. No point in getting it then since I already have both 1&2 and have already purchased FoB from PSN. I thought it would have been on disc.

I guess I'm just in for the GoW collection when it drops in price. Not too keen on those voucher codes... o well.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Pretty amazing how so many people are getting excited and yet these are basically identical to the Resistance Collection and Uncharted Collection that they have already done. After I read this comment I just shook my head.

+ PenguinInfinity on August 6th, 2012 at 10:27 am said:
Are inFamous 1 & 2 on a single disc? Are God of War 1-3 on a single disc?

This is the Sony Rep.
+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:
No and No.[/QUOTE]

That was my thought too (hence why I asked the question). Such a waste of Blu-ray discs, I think Tomb Raider Trilogy is the only game that has put multiple current-gen games on a single disc.

Wow, not a big fan of GoW but if that collection is $40 I might get it. That's a lot for $40.

On a side note, I don't think my PS3 HDD has any room left for Origins :(

[quote name='superhippy1986']Anybody laughing at the infamous collection? It's only two games! Two games we've all played to death.[/QUOTE]

It includes Festival of Blood too. But it's just the PSN D/L voucher.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']That was my thought too (hence why I asked the question). Such a waste of Blu-ray discs, I think Tomb Raider Trilogy is the only game that has put multiple current-gen games on a single disc.[/QUOTE]

There is a little difference though. They won't be boxed sets, they will have multiple discs in a single case.

Q: Will the God of War Saga and inFamous collections be box collections like the Uncharted one or will they be multi-disced in a Blu-Ray case?

A: Two discs in a standard Blu Ray case!

[quote name='PenguinMaster']That was my thought too (hence why I asked the question).[/QUOTE]

Glad you did because that would have been the only reason I may have upgraded. Considering I have so many games I keep them in game binders, all my cases and artwork just sit in totes anyway. Big disappointment.

I realize that these are designed for folks who haven't played the games before, but considering how many people have probably double dipped on GOTY editions, it surprises me they wouldn't combine them all on a single disc. GoW may be a bit difficult, but I still don't think all 5 games hit 50gb, and obviously it would have been easy for the inFamous games. The shitty thing is the GoW Origins voucher. Absolutely no reason for that at all.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Anybody laughing at the infamous collection? It's only two games! Two games we've all played to death.[/QUOTE]

what's the point, you can buy those two games for a lot cheaper, even with the dlc.

I can see why they didn't put the GOW games all on one disc - then you would have a launcher within a launcher, unless they made a new launcher that could launch any of the games.

My guess is they didn't want to go through that process of making a new launcher that could launch any of the 5 games, and getting it re-certified (although since they are Sony 1st Party games, I'm not sure the cost of re-certification would really be an issue).

[quote name='bilbobagins3']The shitty thing is the GoW Origins voucher. Absolutely no reason for that at all.[/QUOTE]

As someone had mentioned earlier, it's probably just an attempt to curb second-hand sales.

[quote name='waldo21212']I can see why they didn't put the GOW games all on one disc - then you would have a launcher within a launcher, unless they made a new launcher that could launch any of the games.[/QUOTE]The launcher in the original GoW collection was pretty disappointing, it basically amounted to a menu over a static background image. Modifying the launcher to handle additional games is a pretty straightforward process.

[quote name='waldo21212']I can see why they didn't put the GOW games all on one disc - then you would have a launcher within a launcher, unless they made a new launcher that could launch any of the games.

My guess is they didn't want to go through that process of making a new launcher that could launch any of the 5 games, and getting it re-certified (although since they are Sony 1st Party games, I'm not sure the cost of re-certification would really be an issue).[/QUOTE]

Hadn't thought of that, but still can't imagine coding one new menu that splashes the GoW Saga Collection on it to launch all 5 games would have been that tough. Rockstar got it done with GTA IV Complete.

[quote name='barrit']There is a little difference though. They won't be boxed sets, they will have multiple discs in a single case.[/QUOTE]

They stated standard Blu-ray case. Does this mean it won't come in a clear Playstation branded case (of which there has never been a multi-disc version), but a thinner Blu-ray case instead? That's a slight improvement, but still a waste of discs.

[quote name='waldo21212']I can see why they didn't put the GOW games all on one disc - then you would have a launcher within a launcher, unless they made a new launcher that could launch any of the games..[/QUOTE]

Can't they just have multiple launch icons on the XMB? A few games have done this with demos.

I don't get why Sony goes to all the trouble of releasing retail copies and then slaps a voucher inside for half the games. Why even bother?

[quote name='Jodou']I don't get why Sony goes to all the trouble of releasing retail copies and then slaps a voucher inside for half the games. Why even bother?[/QUOTE]

Probably because most people don't give a shit.

[quote name='Jodou']I don't get why Sony goes to all the trouble of releasing retail copies and then slaps a voucher inside for half the games. Why even bother?[/QUOTE]
I always thought, aside from reducing the cost of the physical copy in the collection, they can prevent you from selling of the games you don't want in the collection? Unless you are on CAG of course...you can always sell codes:bouncy:

[quote name='advanced']And didn't inFamous 2 just come out? Wow.[/QUOTE]

Thing is, I got inFamous for free. So what they're really doing is raising the base price of inFamous 2 again to include a game that quite a few of PSN users got for free after their privacy snafu last year.

To that, I say meh.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Thing is, I got inFamous for free. So what they're really doing is raising the base price of inFamous 2 again to include a game that quite a few of PSN users got for free after their privacy snafu last year.

To that, I say meh.[/QUOTE]

inFamous 2 is free on Playstation Plus, so it isn't worth a whole lot either.

Disc or no disc - that is too much God of War for any mortal to play all at once. I've been basically playing them as they come out and I still can't bring myself to start GoW3 because I'm burned out on the formula.

"Collector's Editions" with download codes is stupid. Kind of defeats the purpose of "collecting" doesn't it? You show your friends your game collection and when you get to this one it's like "Oh and this here is the code I entered to download a game to my hard drive. MARVEL AT IT!"

I also don't have any of the GoW games. I guess I will jump in now. Don't really care if they are on disk or downloadable...

I love Sony but damn they don't do stuff in the right order at all. They should've had a done a $100 SE & released it when GOW3 came out which would've included GOW 1-3 + the PSP coll + access to all the DLC & a $120-$150 CE that would have swag & be truly limited quantities. Resistance/Killzone should've had trilogy packs for $100 & $120-$150

It's not just limited to Sony though AC should've done the same thing for Revelations $100 for LE with AC 1-2, AC:B & AC:R & $120-$150 for a CE that includes all the DLC.

If they want to stop people from just playing the waiting game for the GOTY they should offer complete editions from day 1 & give the early adopters a bonus(cheaper overall price for complete DLC). A $70-$75 price tag along with some swag would work.

Regardless of the price. I'm excited about GoW. Thankfully I sold 3 and Collection when they still had value.

I have all of the inFamous' though.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Wish they would do the GOW collection on Vita.[/QUOTE]LOL Oh it'll come right before they release the 1st vita GOW game I know that'll be their new cash cow vita re-releases that are already PS3 re-releases but I hope they don't try & price them at $40...going by MGS coll it'll be $40 thoguh

[quote name='Enuf']LOL Oh it'll come right before they release the 1st vita GOW game I know that'll be their new cash cow vita re-releases that are already PS3 re-releases but I hope they don't try & price them at $40...going by MGS coll it'll be $40 thoguh[/QUOTE]

I'd be willing to pay that on a series I have never played. Well, I have played the PSP games but not the PS3. With all the kids in my house I would rather play them on a mobile device.

[quote name='phoenixlau']Hopefully the God of War saga tanks the other two HD collections quickly so I can get those instead for the physical disc.[/QUOTE]BB's been great w/several of them GOW, Resistance, Ico/SOTC & UC all were $15 some with @gamer coupons other off of pure sales & they were happening right when they released.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I'd be willing to pay that on a series I have never played. Well, I have played the PSP games but not the PS3. With all the kids in my house I would rather play them on a mobile device.[/QUOTE]not saying that it's not a "good" price but I'm just not a fan of having the same price point on a PSvita game & PS3 game. Would rather them start @ $40 for PS3 & $30 for PSvita that way GH vita games come it at $25 not $30.

[quote name='Enuf']not saying that it's not a "good" price but I'm just not a fan of having the same price point on a PSvita game & PS3 game. Would rather them start @ $40 for PS3 & $30 for PSvita that way GH vita games come it at $25 not $30.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree on the Vita games price point for normal games. Considering they are putting this out for $40 on PS3 if they actually did a Vita port it would have to be $30 now. But it will probably be $50 because of the "never been experienced on a handheld" angle.

Well, I originally got the GoW Collection for $10 on Black Friday in 2010. I then got GoWIII for $7.50 used at BB. Just need to get GoW: Origins. I'd rather get the disc so I will wait until it's on sale for what I paid for the original games. Thanks to CAG paying more than $10 for a game sometimes feels like highway robbery.

Am I the only one who could care less about the fact there's a voucher included?

The only reason people are bitching is because once they beat it and try to trade it in, it won't be a "complete" set anymore. A game(s) like this should be kept anyways...they're a masterpiece.

For me, getting games on a voucher is basically like gettin a PSN/MSP card included in the game, but just with a title already in mind with it.

Really don't see what the fuss is about discs...

[quote name='Enuf']I love Sony but damn they don't do stuff in the right order at all. They should've had a done a $100 SE & released it when GOW3 came out which would've included GOW 1-3 + the PSP coll + access to all the DLC & a $120-$150 CE that would have swag & be truly limited quantities.
[/QUOTE]

Except Ghost of Sparta wasnt even out and it was a year and a half before they put the PSP games out for PS3.

They didn't just print those games to a disc, they redid textures and models. Its not an overnight job.

[quote name='jcp42877']Really don't see what the fuss is about discs...[/QUOTE]
Maybe in 15-20 years when your shelves are bare and you no longer 'own' any games, music, or movies in your collection, you'll understand. Or maybe you won't, but those who do care, will.

[quote name='jcp42877']Am I the only one who could care less about the fact there's a voucher included?

The only reason people are bitching is because once they beat it and try to trade it in, it won't be a "complete" set anymore. A game(s) like this should be kept anyways...they're a masterpiece.

For me, getting games on a voucher is basically like gettin a PSN/MSP card included in the game, but just with a title already in mind with it.

Really don't see what the fuss is about discs...[/QUOTE]Only thing is if they can do disk they should & to be honest they should also have pure download versions too that way everyone can be happy. Whenever I hear about vouchers for PS3 it just takes me back to when they tought the space of a BluRay disc you know. If it can all fit then they should use this advantage as much as possible.

Also, there's still tons of people who live in areas where web access isn't the best speed/quality/pricing so they may never purchase b/c of this.

[quote name='Slowdance']Except Ghost of Sparta wasnt even out and it was a year and a half before they put the PSP games out for PS3.

They didn't just print those games to a disc, they redid textures and models. Its not an overnight job.[/QUOTE]I'm more annoyed that it's not a common place method of releasing more than anything...Look at it this way there's est. 65 million PS3 in the wild & GOW3 has around 4.5-5 million LTD. Factoring in used game sales, people borrowing games & people who aren't interested in the game at there's still tons of potential gamers who've never play a GOW title at all. So wouldn't it make sense to offer a option for them to be completely engrossed in the entire franchise from the start thus strengthening the franchise in the process.

There's so many games/franchises it's easy to overlook some really good ones. I've personally never played a darkstalkers game which makes no sense since I've been a big Capcom/fighter fan so if they were to make another game & there was a HD coll incoming I'd prefer to pay a higher price for the complete including the HD coll at once than having to buy both separately or getting PS1/PS2 copies & the newer game

[quote name='Madrocsz']Sad thing is, I own GOW 1 and 2 for PS2, GOW 3, GOW Origins and GOW Collection and I will probably still buy this. Way to milk my wallet sony[/QUOTE]

I hope you're kidding about buying it. If not, you truly are the epitome of "stupid". Why the hell would you rebuy games that you already own?

bread's done
Back