God of War Saga and infamous Collection Announced Aug 28th $39.99 each

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!
Now before the MSRP Nazis come out of the wood work this is important news for those people looking to get any of the single parts of these games since the price is so awesome for all the content. I will update once prices confirmed.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-with-playstation-collections/#comment-741007

Inside God of War Saga is:
God of War.
God of War 2.
God of War 3.
God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta).
Bonus Content.
Voucher For one Trial Month of PlayStation Plus.
Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War 3 and God of War: Origins Collection).

And inside inFamous Collection:
inFamous.
inFamous 2.
inFamous: Festival of Blood.
Extra missions.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PenguinMaster']

Was it a normal PS3 case? There hasn't been a 2-disc PS3 case yet.[/QUOTE]

Yes, normal case.

[quote name='Havok83']Infamous is $40? I thought it was going to be $40

[/QUOTE]

So what's the problem?

[quote name='JayRooster']Anybody heard anything from best buy if they're gonna be selling the GOW saga or not[/QUOTE]

According to the manager at my store, they will. He said he knows they arent getting a lot of stock for it though, they are getting a lot more Ratchet and Clank for some reason

[quote name='dgwillia006']According to the manager at my store, they will. He said he knows they arent getting a lot of stock for it though, they are getting a lot more Ratchet and Clank for some reason[/QUOTE]

Probably because a lot more people know about the Ratchet & Clank Collection than the GoW Saga. Seriously didn't know about it until the other day- you'd think they'd have made a bigger deal about it, and mentioned something at E3.

[quote name='waldo21212']1 and 2 are each on their own disk but festival blood is a download code.[/QUOTE]

Really? Well pass for me. Put this damned thing on disc.

I never bought inFamous 2 and was waiting for FOB to be on a GOTY edition or something. Here they go shortcutting again with simple repackaging.

[quote name='dgwillia006']According to the manager at my store, they will. He said he knows they arent getting a lot of stock for it though, they are getting a lot more Ratchet and Clank for some reason[/QUOTE]

Sucks that it's STILL not up on the website, was hoping to snag one and combine it with the DOTD (Splinter Cell 3DS) tomorrow and a cheap filler to get another $10 code (also trade in my copies of God of War 3/Collection). Maybe we will get lucky and they will update the site tonight though....

[quote name='NFI']I thought they already did make a God of war saga thing...[/QUOTE]

They've made two separate god of war collections which have Gow1/2 and the 2 PSP games remastered, respectively. This "saga" is all God of War games currently released in one package, and imho is an incredible deal.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Sucks that it's STILL not up on the website, was hoping to snag one and combine it with the DOTD (Splinter Cell 3DS) tomorrow and a cheap filler to get another $10 code (also trade in my copies of God of War 3/Collection). Maybe we will get lucky and they will update the site tonight though....[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it, I was gonna do the same damn thing to get the $10 code.

Last edited by a moderator:

But do you know if you'll be selling it on release date?

[quote name='JayRooster']But do you know if you'll be selling it on release date?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they would. I said i was coming by tomorrow to get one, he just said "Get there early if you want God of War"

[quote name='dgwillia006']I'm sure they would. I said i was coming by tomorrow to get one, he just said "Get there early if you want God of War"[/QUOTE]

Definately gonna go right when they open and pick it up while I'm picking up madden. Thanks for letting me know

The GOW Vita games are download tokens. The rest are on disc I believe.

Never played Ratchet and Clank. May have to get that down the road if it gets to $20/$15

[quote name='advanced']The GOW Vita games are download tokens. The rest are on disc I believe.

Never played Ratchet and Clank. May have to get that down the road if it gets to $20/$15[/QUOTE]

I think you mean PSP lol.

Either way, thats one of the reasons i dont really want it as much, if they were all on disc that would be a different story

[quote name='seraph011']Are any of the GoW games just vouchers or will they all be separate discs? Thanks! ^^*[/QUOTE]

The GOW Origins Collection (Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta HD aka the PSP GOW games) are D/L codes, the 2 discs in 1 PS3 game case GOW Collection (GOW 1 and 2 in HD) and GOW 3.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Does anybody know if I could redeem the two vouchers on my vita and play those 2 games on that?[/QUOTE]

Even though they were originally PSP games I am fairly sure the copies in the collection are full PS3 titles and not the PSP versions. (Considering this is a PS3 release).

[quote name='waldo21212']The GOW Origins Collection (Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta HD aka the PSP GOW games) are D/L codes, the 2 discs in 1 PS3 game case GOW Collection (GOW 1 and 2 in HD) and GOW 3.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!
I was having second thoughts about getting this if GoW 1&2 would also be vouchers, but since they would have their own disc along with GoW 3, that pretty much settles it for me!

The PSP ones, I hope I can just DL on the Vita...but if it really is only for the PS3m then I'm also fine with that.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I think you mean PSP lol.

Either way, thats one of the reasons i dont really want it as much, if they were all on disc that would be a different story[/QUOTE]

Eh. Vita, PSP, no difference to me. It's just a Sony handheld that I have no interest in. I'm with you on the vouchers being a big no for me. I have both collections already anyway. Wanted to downgrade the amount of cases for the five games, but Ill keep my disc copies for sure.

Does anybody know if the GoW saga, for some reason, will only be sold for a limited time because if not, I think I can wait to see if it goes down to $30 by the end of the year

[quote name='JP73']Anybody play the two other PSN games that are included with Journey?[/QUOTE]

flowers pretty great and addictive (especially on later levels). Never played flow.

Kinda offtopic but I preordered Ratchet Collection at Gamestop ($5 down) and I'm wondering if I have to go to that same Gamestop to pick it up??

[quote name='dchrisd']Kinda offtopic but I preordered Ratchet Collection at Gamestop ($5 down) and I'm wondering if I have to go to that same Gamestop to pick it up??[/QUOTE]
Yes

[quote name='JP73']Anybody play the two other PSN games that are included with Journey?[/QUOTE]

flOw is fun. Basically a cell growing game- kind of like the first stage of Spore (if you've played it). IIRC each level has a boss and after you beat it, you unlock a new organism that has new abilities, and each organism has their own level. You can find the original version of the game for free on PC- it doesn't have as much content as the PS3 version though (no additional creatures, and less enemies), but it should give you a good idea of what to expect.

Got the Ratchet Collection, really fun so far.

Would have gotten the God of War one too, but I just hate the way they split it with the downloads. Plus i get the feeling the price will drop anyway, the store had more copies than they did of R&C lol

The Infamous collection is still not on BB's site and I just left the store and they did not have it in store either. I have the GoW collection coming from newegg and wanted to use my B2G1 welcome coupon on Infamous, R&C, and the MGS collection. Guess I will have to wait to see if they will carry it.

BB had GOW Saga, but I didn't pick it up. Planned on trading in 2 games, but their trade in machine was down or some shit. Gotta go to another store to trade them then pick it up. Still hoping it becomes live online so I can get $10 savings code.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']BB had GOW Saga, but I didn't pick it up. Planned on trading in 2 games, but their trade in machine was down or some shit. Gotta go to another store to trade them then pick it up. Still hoping it becomes live online so I can get $10 savings code.[/QUOTE]

yeah I was picking up madden and splinter cell 3DS and saw god of war but I'm just gonna wait to see if I can get a $10 code with it too...otherwise its not as good of a deal (too spoiled by BB lately).

Ughh idk what to do, $40 for GoW saga is such a good deal but I definately feel like this could see a price drop by the end of the year. Decisions, decisions..

I doubt you will see a price drop, but maybe when Ascension comes out next year.

I never played the GOW series so $40 for 5 games is a great deal to me.

[quote name='lectersvictim']any pictures of this god of war 2-disc ps3 case yet?[/QUOTE]

Since I can't copy the URL from YouTube on my iPad, just YouTube "god of war unboxing" and some black guy should show up with the game

Edit: search "god of war saga unboxing" sorry bout that

...Lttp, but I just noticed the PSP games are vouchers? What in the world?

What is the difference between this collection and owning GoW3, Origins Collection, and GoW: Collection? Looks like nothing to me except I own the discs for Origins.

[quote name='b3b0p']...Lttp, but I just noticed the PSP games are vouchers? What in the world?

What is the difference between this collection and owning GoW3, Origins Collection, and GoW: Collection? Looks like nothing to me except I own the discs for Origins.[/QUOTE]

Youre getting one of the games for free and since I've never owned or played any of the GoW games, this is a steal.

God of War saga is listed as $12 base trade in on the TIV estimator. Still not able to order it through the actual Best Buy website, however.

Makes a whole lot of sense....

Do the discs actually say "God of War Saga"? Or do they just look like the regular God of War 3 and God of War 1/2 discs

I was curious on how trading those in would work.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Do the discs actually say "God of War Saga"? Or do they just look like the regular God of War 3 and God of War 1/2 discs

I was curious on how trading those in would work.[/QUOTE]

The discs are different for the collection. The upper half of the discs say "God of War Saga", at about the 4 o'clock position it says either Disc 1 or Disc 2 with the title(s) below that. Finally, the PS3 logo at the 6 o'clock position is black on a gold (not shiny) background. They're nice looking. It makes me wish they had made it a 3 disc set with Origins.

bread's done
Back