GOG Deals Thread

There are a lot of cheap games on the Black Friday sale.  Lots are under $1.

How do regular GOG customers pay?  My PayPal balance is down to zero, and I'm a bit concerned about using my debit card on GOG.

There are a lot of cheap games on the Black Friday sale. Lots are under $1.

How do regular GOG customers pay? My PayPal balance is down to zero, and I'm a bit concerned about using my debit card on GOG.
Card or PayPal. I've been using them for a year+ and have never had a problem. They even refunded me after I game I purchased (SF2A) just wouldn't run for some reason.

You can attach your debit card to PayPal, can't you? Or a bank account.
Card or PayPal. I've been using them for a year+ and have never had a problem. They even refunded me after I game I purchased (SF2A) just wouldn't run for some reason.
I might trying putting my card on my PayPal then. I've only spent PayPal funds other than claiming the free games, but I asked because some of the Google search results suggested that GOG adds bank card fees. But thank you both for replying.

There are a lot of cheap games on the Black Friday sale. Lots are under $1.

How do regular GOG customers pay? My PayPal balance is down to zero, and I'm a bit concerned about using my debit card on GOG.
I use Paypal for International orders like Gamersgate (Sweden), GOG (Poland), GamesPlanet (all over the place), GMG (UK), etc - b/c the CC (credit card) company will throw up flags, if you say use your CC straight-up (without Paypal). You'll then have to deal w/ the CC's fraud dept. b/c it's International and it's also likely not always in your usual CC usage - so, they (your CC's fraud dept.) will contact you and you'll have to tell them to approve it.

Yeah, so trying to do CC straight-up on any of those site is a pain to approve your bank & CC company to allow it is a total pain.

After dealing w/ this above mess before w/ both GOG and GMG (around when both of those places 1st launched and were new - so that was a problem then too) - and it was annoying. Using Paypal as the middle-man makes these orders so painless, as it gets around all of this non-sense.

You can connect your CC or Debit Cards to your Paypal, if you so desire.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Paypal for International orders like Gamersgate (Sweden), GOG (Poland), GamesPlanet (all over the place), GMG (UK), etc - b/c the CC (credit card) company will throw up flags. You'll have to deal w/ the CC's fraud dept. b/c it's International and also likely not always in your usual CC usage - so, they (your CC's fraud dept.) will contact you and you'll have to tell them to approve it.

Yeah, so trying to do CC straight-up on any of those site is a pain to approve your bank & CC company to allow it is a total pain.

After dealing w/ this above mess before w/ both GOG and GMG (around when both of those places 1st launched and were new) - and it was annoying. Using Paypal as the middle-man makes these orders so painless, as it gets around all of this non-sense.

You can connect your CC or Debit Cards to your Paypal, if you so desire.
Yes, PayPal appears to be the way to go. My debit card got locked for a few days last year, and it was a pain to get my bank to correct the problem. So, I'm a bit gunshy about using a card sight unseen. And I used up the rest of my PayPal balance gleaned from Microsoft Rebates on 11/20 to buy Stranded Sails on GOG when it was $2.99, so I'm going to make a list of everything that I want and hope that I can buy it all in one cart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yakuza Day Sale - 24 Hour Sale:

Yakuza 0-6 Collection = $27.99
-> Includes Yakuza 0, Yakuza: Kiwami, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Yakuza 3 Remastered, Yakuza 4 Remastered, Yakuza 5 Remastered, and Yakuza 6: The Song of Life.

The Yakuza Bundle = $16.19
-> Includes only Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza Kiwami 2.

Yakuza Remastered Collection = $12.05
-> Includes only Yakuza 3 Remastered, Yakuza 4 Remastered & Yakuza 5 Remastered.

Yakuza: Like A Dragon (a.k.a. Yakuza 7) [JRPG] {without Denuvo here}:
-> Standard Edition [base-game only] = $11.99
-> Hero Edition (Yakuza LAD base-game, Management Mode Set DLC & Job Set DLC) = $13.99
Side note: Yakuza LAD on GOG does NOT have Pachislot machine minigame and any related items & DLC to Parchislot period.

Last edited:
GOG WINTER SALE is in effect:
-> https://www.gog.com/en

Notes:
1. GOG Winter Sale's in effect - https://www.gog.com/en
2. Legend of Keepers [base] is on Free Giveaway - https://www.gog.com/en/game/legend_of_keepers_career_of_a_dungeon_master

Some Highlights and Stuff on Sale:
-> Mirror's Edge (original) = $1.99
-> Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate = $3.99
-> Divinity: Original Sin 1 - Enhanced = $7.49
-> Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive = $13.49 (Historical Low according to GG - https://gg.deals/game/divinity-original-sin-2/)
-> Divinity: Original Sin - Source Saga (Div: OS1 and 2) = $17.99
-> Days Gone = $12.49
-> Horizon: Zero Dawn - Complete = $12.49
-> Disco Elysium: The Final Cut = $9.99
-> Wasteland 3: Colorado Edition (W3 base-game & All DLC's) = $12.39

See any good deals? Any Historical Lows? Mention it, I'll probably add it and edit it into the list.

Last edited:
Game devs/pubs up to their usual games with prices. No sale price on Showgunners and its much cheaper on Steam and other stores and it was on sale during Black Friday.

Nice to see Sega dropped prices on Like a Dragon to Steam prices. Fun game and I may pick it up even though I have it on ps4.

Yeah, I bought Yakuza LAD Hero Edition on GOG recently for like $14 or so b/c b/c of No DRM and No Denuvo here; especially at those kind of prices.

Yet another sale where some games aren't on sale that were during black friday. Even after the steam sale starts up they don't discount them on gog. I wish these devs would realize this doesn't create FOMO, just angry people who will then not buy your game for another 6+ months if I even remember it. At least till it shows up in a bundle.

I do wonder if they do this to do the infamous Rockstar style double-dip: not the same as Rockstar's double-dip (as Rockstar does this to get gamers to buy console version first, then port it to PC), but this double-dip get gamers to "Buy" the Steam-version first and then get that double-dip on GOG to get it DRM-FREE later.

I know I've done it a bunch of times, for certain games...b/c screw client-app forced to run in the background to run game, screw Denuvo, screw any other DRM, when necessary - especially for single-player content in games.

Last edited:
I do wonder if they do this to do the infamous Rockstar style double-dip: not the same as Rockstar's double-dip (as Rockstar does this to get gamers to buy console version first, then port it to PC), but this double-dip get gamers to "Buy" the Steam-version first and then get that double-dip on GOG to get it DRM-FREE later.

I know I've done it a bunch of times, for certain games...b/c screw client-app forced to run in the background to run game, screw Denuvo, screw any other DRM, when necessary - especially for single-player content in games.
I've done the same thing. You might be correct on this.

Anyone get that GoG sale advisor pop up during the winter sale? I think it is usually when I'm looking at my wishlist screen. The advisor almost always recommends me games that I already own. Yes, thank you for recommending me Witcher3 which I have owned on the platform since 2015.

Hmm. All of the Legacy of Kain games (that are available, the first Soul Reaver is not on there right now) are 97 cents.

That (OG Soul Reaver) I believe was supposed to get a new Update on PC or a Remaster on PC, but we never got it. I wonder what's up w/ this.

That (OG Soul Reaver) I believe was supposed to get a new Update on PC or a Remaster on PC, but we never got it. I wonder what's up w/ this.
From what I read, when they ported it to the PC they used some other video compression software for the cutscenes and didn't have a license to use it. So, they need to go back and redo all of the videos to fix the licensing problems. With a game that old, I can't imagine they want to put the resources into it though... so it's taking forever.

Honestly, it'd probably just be better to take all of the games and remaster them for new sale. But who knows how much interest there is for that.

I believe the Dreamcast version is supposed to be the best one anyway, so get it out of storage and play the game completely legally with your not burnt copy.

Luckily, I think I have all the LoK stuff on Steam (Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2, Defiance, Blood Omen 2) and also OG game LoK: Blood Omen on GOG. Am I missing any major LOK games?

EDIT - Yeah, those are what I own on Steam and GOG; thought so. Just checked.

My haul from the GOG Winter Sale:

Caveblazers - Arena Mode DLC - $0.49
Just Cause - $1.04
Just Cause 2 Complete Edition - $2.99
Sniper Ghost Warrior - $0.71

I'm proud because they were all paid for with funds acquired from Microsoft Rebates.

Last edited:
I see Metal Gear Solid: Integral PC version and OG Metal Gear are 30% off on GOG, which is rare.
-> OG Metal Gear on GOG - https://www.gog.com/en/game/metal_gear
-> Metal Gear Solid: Integral PC port on GOG - https://www.gog.com/en/game/metal_gear_solid

So, what's the best version is OG Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear Solid 1 and the best way to run these?

About MGS1 in particular? Which version and method? Old PSX versions via Emulator like Duckstation? Integral PC port w/ mods?

This looks like an interesting patch for MGS1 PC version on GOG - https://www.gog.com/forum/metal_gea...stom_patch_finally_with_fixes_in_germanfrench

What about Metal Gear Solid MC versions from Steam through Steam? or via Duckstations? Or any good PC mods for them?

SIDE NOTE - I also have MGS2 PC port on GOG; it's been backlogged forever.

Last edited:
Unless there’s some remake I’m unfamiliar with, the best version of Metal Gear is the MSX original—the NES one is a fairly different beast, and not especially good. I think the emulated MSX version they packaged in with MGS3 on PS2 and the HD remaster is supposed to have a pretty polished translation and some minor enhancements, though I couldn’t give you details.

Unless there’s some remake I’m unfamiliar with, the best version of Metal Gear is the MSX original—the NES one is a fairly different beast, and not especially good. I think the emulated MSX version they packaged in with MGS3 on PS2 and the HD remaster is supposed to have a pretty polished translation and some minor enhancements, though I couldn’t give you details.

I have never played MSX versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.
The old Metal Gears for NES that I played are Metal Gear NES and Snake's Revenge NES, which I both actually liked when I was young.

As for MGS, I actually have it on PS Classic mini-console; forgot all about having it there. I still dunno how I missed MGS1 on the original Playstation from the late 90's.

All steals of deals right there for Thief Franchise Collection.

Thief 2014
(aka Thief Reboot aka Thief 4) is underrated, IMHO. It ain't great entirely (some of the stuff b/t Erin and Garrett needs more work, story-wise and character-wise)...but it feels like it just missed the mark, especially if you're a fan of Thief 3: Deadly Shadows, in which I also thought the latter (Thief 3) was really good.

Back to Thief 2014 - I really loved Thief 2014's Custom Difficulty/Settings stuff and also The Bank Job DLC, in particular; wish more games would do stuff like that, TBH. What a steal for Thief 2014: Definitive at $2.49 and DRM-FREE.

Obviously, the other classic Thief games for 69 cents and Thief 3 at 71 cents is bananas & super-cheap.

Do note - Thief 1 and 2 here on GOG come with TFix-Lite version 1.26. It's out of date, as TFix Standard and Lite both are on 1.27. TFix-Lite is mostly performance and stability fixes. If you're trying to be close to a purist but want to make sure it easily-works and runs - then TFix-Lite for Thief 1 and 2, that's the way to go. If you want other fixes and improvements, you'll still need to grab TFix (Standard version) and go install that.

If you are super-duper purist on Thief 1 b/c you don't like the new maps in the Gold Edition & say you don't have an OG Non-Gold Copy of Thief: The Dark Project from back in the day on disc lingering around, you can always do " Thief Gold-To-DarkProject ("downgrade") -> https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140679

Last edited:
Check your E-mails for New Newsletter w/ Discounts on Legendary D&D Games:

Planescape: Torment - Enhanced Edition = $2.79

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition = $2.79

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced [NWN Remastered with content up to NWN Diamond: Kingmaker Edition] = $2.79

-> Includes NWN base-game & all these DLC's/expansions: Shadows, Hordes, Witch's Wake, Kingmaker & Shadowguard.

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Deluxe [NWN Remastered with ALL Expansions, DLC's and OST's] = $5.46
-> Includes content-wise NWN Diamond: KM Edition content (see above package listed at $2.79 on sale).
-> This Also includes these Premium DLC's - Wyvern, Infinite, Pirates, Daggerford, Moonsea, Dark Dreams & Heroes of NW.
-> Also includes all OST's available for NWN and some of the DLC's.

SIDE NOTES:
- All versions of these games on GOG come w/ their OG version of the game in their Complete Edition form, except NWN.
- The Original NWN: Diamond KM version only goes up to the NWN Diamond: KM version content-wise.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back