GOG Deals Thread

New batch of games added to GOG Connect.

Order Of Battle: World War II is free to play on steam. All you need to do to get it on GOG is click "Play Game" on the steam store page while logged into your steam client. You don't even have to download anything when the window pops up prompting you to do so. This will tie the game to your steam account so GOG Connect can pick it up.

The GOG version of the game includes U.S. Pacific DLC, which is currently $4.79 on steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody want a copy of Fantasy General or SOMA? You can take em' both if you want.

EDIT: Claimed

Anybody want a copy of Fantasy General or SOMA? You can take em' both if you want.
I don't need either game but are you making purchases this sale to get freebies? I have a few games on my list I could contribute to our cause if you are short of your goal. :wave:

You can redeem it on the website here. What kind of moran actually uses the client?
Actually, it's the easiest way to update/patch your game, if you've installed it already.

I had so many issues before w/ file integrity w/ especially Witcher 3 on GOG from downloading & re-downloading installer files, DLC's, and patches separate - and pretty much, Galaxy solves that. It just updates what it needs to.

Can be easier using Galaxy to update than just downloading the patch you need from the browser for titles that are getting updated often...

I am a moran too.  The client makes for an easy one stop shop for downloading, patching and launching games.  I like my access organized so the client works great for me.  I am assuming I could choose to launch each game from install folders if GOG ever goes away and/or the client breaks but have never tried this.  I also don't know if I end up with an install package that I can back up like I could with a straight download.

I could decide if I cared or not but I'm feeling a little lazy right now.

You can redeem it on the website here. What kind of moran actually uses the client?
Fixed for sarcasm clarity. Honestly I don't play GOG games (or many games at all really) but I imagine the client is good. You just don't have to start up the client to redeem a key.

The client seems pretty lightweight for the most part. Worked well when I tortured myself through the Jill of the Jungle games. I also like how it gives you a notification of wish list games. For me the worst client easily is that Twitch client. That eats through my memory like no tomorrow and it's just not a nice interface IMHO.

I am a moran too. The client makes for an easy one stop shop for downloading, patching and launching games. I like my access organized so the client works great for me. I am assuming I could choose to launch each game from install folders if GOG ever goes away and/or the client breaks but have never tried this. I also don't know if I end up with an install package that I can back up like I could with a straight download.

I could decide if I cared or not but I'm feeling a little lazy right now.
Before Galaxy, downloading from browser had all kinds of issues. Games also like even the old Outcast, had different builds and patches. Some patches only worked w/ older builds. Sometimes, you just had to re-download the whole entire new full build.

Again, had some of those same problems w/ Witcher 3, before Galaxy. Galaxy's updating/patching processed fixed that file integrity bullcrap all up, as I had older install builds it'd update properly.

If you're downloading entire games from GOG via the web browser so you have installer files and all for back-ups - you might not want to do so w/ newer games. If you go that route, let Galaxy do the updating, so you don't deal w/ file integrity BS.

You're better off downloading files via the web browser w/ older games that likely won't get tons of updates and won't have huge file sizes.

Also, some games on GOG, like say Vampire: Bloodlines...do get updates a lot on GOG, since it comes w/ Wesp's Unofficial Patch (Basic Version) on GOG. So, Wesp patches that game a lot, so that UO Patch get updated a lot over on GOG...so, if you're in the middle of a play-through for that game - go to Galaxy, go to your Library, go to Bloodlines, On the More sections, go to Settings, Disable the automatic updating process. B/c normally each new version of the Unofficial Patch, older version's saves do not work w/ newer versions of the Unofficial Patch.

Ah, weird.  I have no idea why I even had it.  It just showed on GoG as unclaimed so I posted it.  Maybe it was an old giveaway that I forgot to post before.  :/

Brothers In Arms series joins GOG to go DRM-FEEE:

https://www.gog.com/promo/20190118_launch_promo_brothers_in_arms

Joining GOG are:

• Brothers in Arms: Road To Hill 30
  • Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood
  • Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Brothers In Arms series = 75% off if you buy them all to "Complete The Bundle" at $7.47.

Or $4.99 each if you buy 1 of them or buy 2 of them....but don't buy/own all 3.

Worth noting - Brothers in Arms Complete Pack (with all 3 games) has been $5 on Steam before, according to ITAD...if you're looking/waiting for better deals to maybe return and/or you prefer Steam - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/brothersinarmspack/info/

https://www.gog.com/newsletter/20190226_Updates_Legal_en

[GOG.COM] We’re updating our User Agreement and Privacy Policy
Hey,

We’re updating our User Agreement and Privacy Policy, the documents that govern our relationship with you.

Why?

We want to let you know about few changes: (1) We’re adding a new functionality - GOG Direct to Account that will enable partnered platforms to activate, directly on your GOG.COM account, content purchased via these selected third party platforms; (2) we’re concluding the Fair Price Package program that some users were eligible for. For more details please see here. (3) We’ve also refreshed our Voluntary Refund Policy now offering refunds for GOG Wallet funds.

What?

We wanted to reflect all this in our policies. Plus we did some minor tidying up of the documents. You can see the updated terms here.

How?

We’re notifying you now by email, the updated versions are on the GOG.COM website and the changes take effect 30 days from now (you'll find more information about this in our User Agreement).

Do I need to do anything?

Nope.

What if I have questions?

Please contact us here and we’ll be happy to help.
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/212632089-User-Agreement

Direct to Account Distribution

6.8 We have a direct to account distribution feature (we’ll call it ‘GOG Direct to Account) where distribution platforms who partner with us would be able to sell games or other content to you, where you could choose for that game/content to be automatically activated within your GOG account, without the need to redeem any codes. Just to be clear, the whole purchase process is handled by the other platform, so in case of any issues with the purchase process please speak with them directly. We say a little bit more about this in the Refunds and Returns section below. Of course, anything connected to our platform’s services is still our responsibility.
Thanks to our GOG Direct to Account feature, we can activate a game/content that you purchase from applicable distribution platforms directly on your GOG account – cool!

GOG's Fair Pricing Program ends March 31st, 2019:

https://www.gog.com/news/conclusion_of_the_bfair_price_packageb_program

On March 31st we are going to discontinue the Fair Price Package program. Let us explain the reasoning behind this decision.

We came up with Fair Price Package (FPP) as a way to make up the price difference between various countries. Some games on GOG.COM have regional pricing, meaning the price of the same game in one place can be higher compared to its price in North America. In countries where the game is more expensive, we give users the equivalent of the price difference in GOG Wallet funds. In actual numbers, on average, we give users back 12% of the game price from our own pocket. In some cases, this number can reach as high as 37%.

In the past, we were able to cover these extra costs from our cut and still turn a small profit. Unfortunately, this is not the case anymore. With an increasing share paid to developers, our cut gets smaller. However, we look at it, at the end of the day we are a store and need to make sure we sell games without a loss.

Removing FPP is not a decision we make lightly, but by making this change, we will be able to offer better conditions to game creators, which — in turn — will allow us to offer you more curated classic games and new releases. All DRM-free. '

We wanted to make sure you have some lead time to still benefit from the Fair Price Package. The program will last until the 31st of March, 2019, so if you would like to take advantage of it, now is the time. The funds you gather from the program will keep the 12 months expiration date from the moment you’ve been granted your last funds.

I just checked my list of GOG games for the first time in like a year, what the hell happened to my beautiful faux wood shelves? THAT WAS THE ENTIRE REASON I BOUGHT THINGS ON GOG, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

The weekend sale this week is stuffed to the gills with classic point-and-click adventure games. Old-school Sierra fans will find a lot to like on offer. I already have a lot of these from previous sales, but there are a few new entries that I'm seriously considering getting.

The weekend sale this week is stuffed to the gills with classic point-and-click adventure games. Old-school Sierra fans will find a lot to like on offer. I already have a lot of these from previous sales, but there are a few new entries that I'm seriously considering getting.
I'll get them on Steam... er... Epic?

I'll get them on Steam... er... Epic?
To each their own. But I always gravitate toward GoG for my classic adventure games. It is slightly annoying that they list those games as being Windows-only. The installers they provide target Windows, and none of the other major PC platforms. Of course, anyone familiar with these classic games can tell you that the emulation scene is quite well supported. The GoG installers themselves either use ScummVM or DOSBOX, it varies from title to title. So taking the files provided by the GoG Windows Installer would allow you to run these games on any platform, if you knew what you were doing.

It does make me wonder why they don't bother making installers for other platforms, but oh well. I suspect it might be related to how those emulators are typically installed and bundled on Mac and Linux. I ended up getting both the Laura Bow games, Rise of the Dragon, The Adventures of Willy Beamish, and Torrin's Passage. I'll be patient on some of the rest. Still need to get both the conquest titles, as well as Iceman.

To each their own. But I always gravitate toward GoG for my classic adventure games. It is slightly annoying that they list those games as being Windows-only. The installers they provide target Windows, and none of the other major PC platforms. Of course, anyone familiar with these classic games can tell you that the emulation scene is quite well supported. The GoG installers themselves either use ScummVM or DOSBOX, it varies from title to title. So taking the files provided by the GoG Windows Installer would allow you to run these games on any platform, if you knew what you were doing.

It does make me wonder why they don't bother making installers for other platforms, but oh well. I suspect it might be related to how those emulators are typically installed and bundled on Mac and Linux. I ended up getting both the Laura Bow games, Rise of the Dragon, The Adventures of Willy Beamish, and Torrin's Passage. I'll be patient on some of the rest. Still need to get both the conquest titles, as well as Iceman.
At this point in time, I really have no reason to buy these games on GOG. I'm guessing these games do not have an exclusivity agreement with GOG and therefore these games will eventually be listed on Steam, probably sooner rather than later. I have a UUUUUUGE!!!! backlog, so no real rush for me to buy now and I also have a stake in Steam's economy with my GabeN - bucks which will help me "buy" these games in 6-12mos. Better yet, if I wait that long, perhaps I will use my GabeN - bucks to get them on Steam and then use GOG Connect to get them on GOG for free! Everybody wins! (well, except GOG)

Hey, I already did my part long ago.

wIgxZ9K.png

That's basically my childhood right there - Gabriel Knight, King's Quest, Police Quest, Phantasmagoria...

I'd love to pick up the more recent GOG releases of older Sierra games like Shivers (one of my favorites - still have the original box copy) and Lighthouse, but at 25% off? :nottalking:

GOG has had horrid sale prices on its newer classic games. I really want to get Mafia and some old adventure games and even the Army Men series (maybe), but the sale prices haven't been too hot. 

bread's done
Back