goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fatbeer']My Assassin Creed: Brotherhood got canceled, but Fallout Vegas and Dead Rising 2 shipped.[/QUOTE]

My Fallout NV is still being processed. Ordered last night. Hoping it ships, $28 shipped is a good buy.

whats the longest time a order can be in progress, until they cancel it.
the order was made on 12/11/10 so far two of the game were shipped, one is still in progress
and also if they cancel it will they let me replace it with another game bc i did the B2G1 deal.

How long do pre auths hold your money on average? I have 66 dollars I want back gh preauthed for orders they cancelled? My bank is chase if that helps

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!
They actually shipped Dragon Age Ultimate. Fourth time's a charm. Also shipped Alan Wake.

[quote name='pasolini']
Alan Wake Used - Xbox 360 $11.29 (shipped)
Heavenly Sword Used - PlayStation 3 $8.51 (shipped)
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Used - Xbox 360 $5.65 (shipped)
Forza Motorsport 3 Used - Xbox 360 $11.48 (shipped)
God of War Collection Used - PlayStation 3 $9.72 (cancelled -- now in stock but much higher price)
Burnout Paradise Used - Xbox 360 $6.53 (in process)
Red Faction: Guerrilla Used - Xbox 360 $5.65 (in process)
DJ Hero Used - Xbox 360 [bundle] $23.10 (in process)
Dragon Age: Origins -- Ultimate Edition Used - PlayStation 3 $21.27 (shipped!)[/QUOTE]

Also noticed a copy of Uncharted 2 Game of the Year was put up for $28. I was waiting for it but now b/c i've bought so many other games, i will pass for now.

My Sonic Colors just shipped, good god this site is horrible sometimes, they have you on pins and fn needles hoping to god your order doesn't get cancelled because the deal is so wonderful and also your money then becomes on hold for at least 5 days. If only there were a more competent version of this site I would be so happy.

Well, thank goodness for my $30.00 shipped copy of Sonic Colors.

Anyone knows usually how long do you have to wait for "ship when available"?

Also when shipped how long do you have to wait?

Do you actually get a delivery confirmation? My sly collection i got for a friends xmas gift recently shipped. I had castlevania for the ps3 for another friend which i reordered just now since the inventory has been in stock for the last 2 days. Also they charged me full ship on sly for both games while only 1 games shipped; anyone get this issue as well?

I called them this morning to question the cancellation but that hold time was brutal. I'll probably end up doing it tomorrow regardless.

[quote name='mythus']Do you actually get a delivery confirmation? My sly collection i got for a friends xmas gift recently shipped. I had castlevania for the ps3 for another friend which i reordered just now since the inventory has been in stock for the last 2 days. Also they charged me full ship on sly for both games while only 1 games shipped; anyone get this issue as well?[/QUOTE]

Its really rare that youll get a tracking number, I think out of the like 12 or so orders Ive had with them that have actually shipped, only 2 had a tracking number.

[quote name='edson13']Its really rare that youll get a tracking number, I think out of the like 12 or so orders Ive had with them that have actually shipped, only 2 had a tracking number.[/QUOTE]

Is there a reason that it's rare for them to give tracking numbers? Just seems weird to me. Oh well, I'm just glad my order shipping (took about 48 hours). I ordered Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Resistance 2.

Ha! In for two AC:B for the PS3 @ $28.72 before shipping and tax! Guess they are back in stock (fingers crossed), order says processing.

Too bad my "Welcome as a new member" code they gave me is expired, even though it isn't 12/31/10 yet. Guess I'll be contacting CS about that one.

Does anyone know what carrier they use for expedited shipping? They were nice enough not to the put the company name as I requested along with an incorrect zip code. At least the address doesnt exist in the zip code they sent it to, but now I have to try and contact the carrier.

[quote name='1020chase']never? i have ordered 15 games from them this season with 4 cancellations...im more than happy with only getting 11 of the games as i can only play one at a time;)[/QUOTE]

never.

the fact is, there's no fucking reason why they should be unreliable. Even gamestop.com is more reliable for orders. I'm assuming they're running some old ass janky shop management software that doesn't track inventory...which is their own fault. The best part is how they say absolutely nothing about your order or the authorization. I don't care if an authorization is temporary-- it's a hold on your money and there's no indication that its happened until you check your account. Mine took a few days to clear up. This is just terrible customer service, even for the guys who order 10 games and still get a few canceled.

This in contrast with amazon, a company about a trillion times the size of hastings, yet still manages to keep their customers informed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they never spend any money on customer service or inventory.

Got shipping confirmation for my games.
Episodes from Liberty City $9.72
Bayonetta $7.88
Legendary Starfy $6.08 !!

Add $2.28 each shipping and they still beat anyone sometimes.

The problem with their inventory is that they sell at multiple locations and on amazon. Let's say they have 50 copies of a game in their stores. 50 people go on their site and buy the game out, however they don't have that many now, since 3 people bought it on amazon and 5 bought it in a physical store. Those 8 people order's weren't reflected on the website (in real time, maybe an hour delay?), so now you have 50 customers and only 42 games. Not to mention, just having stores not being able to find a game on the shelf to ship to you.

Orderd Infamous and Uncharted 1 to go with my newly ordered PS3. I hope they're in good condition; I've never ordered used from this site before...

[quote name='gorebago']How long do pre auths hold your money on average? I have 66 dollars I want back gh preauthed for orders they cancelled? My bank is chase if that helps[/QUOTE]

I did a return with them (they sent me an xbox version when i ordered ps3) for ~$67 and that was around 11/9, I was told i'd get it back in 2-3 weeks, I just did a dispute with chase, and let them deal with it, Chase will usually give the money back right away while they deal with the company. The dispute is still active, however chase refunded me about 2 weeks ago when i started the dispute.

Only part i hate about gohastings is them taking your money for hostage up to 3 months (yes 3 MONTHS- has happened to me before)

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']GT5 is back in stock at a low price of 30 bones! Got it for 32 shipped![/QUOTE]

NICE!!!!

BTW does anyone have any welcome promo codes?

I wanted to snag U1: Drakes Fortune & infamous for my new PS3.

My Batman: Arkham Asylum :ps3: ($14.12)that was ordered on 12/11 was shipped today, while the Lost Odyssey :360: ($1) ordered on the same date four days ago is still in progress. Both had expedite shipping.

[quote name='Dranakin']All I want is GT5...:cry:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='flyingmonkey9']gt5 is back in stock at a low price of 30 bones! Got it for 32 shipped![/quote]

arrrrrrrrrrgh

Ordered 4 on Monday. Killzone 2 got canceled. 3 shipped yesterday.

I guess ordering on Friday won't be a good idea.

Does gohastings charge for tax, if I'm in NY? I finally got the greenlight from them, that they are shipping the remaing 2 out of 4 games they didn't cancel.

But they are charging more than shipping price:

My online account says:
God of War III

Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
Used - PlayStation 3
Discount: One for $17.37

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Electronic Arts
Used - PlayStation 3
Discount: One for $22.64

The email says:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1 God of War III $21.71
2 Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit -- $28.30

Even if you add in the shipping (2.28?), it's odd that the taxes are so off. Are they screwing me back?

I called to find the status of 2 out of my B2G1 order, and went through the automated service. The two that show in-process on the website are as expected listed as pending...but so is the one that the website shows as shipped?

Wtf?

I'm on hold for a customer service rep now.

[quote name='Schwhat']Does gohastings charge for tax, if I'm in NY? I finally got the greenlight from them, that they are shipping the remaing 2 out of 4 games they didn't cancel.

My online account says:
God of War III

Used - PlayStation 3

Electronic Arts
Used - PlayStation 3

The email says:
1 God of War III $21.71

Even if you add in the shipping (2.28?), it's odd that the taxes are so off. Are they screwing me back?[/QUOTE]

the email price is the price before the 20% off, pay no attention to that.

as far as quality of games, its nowhere near as good as gamefly. Gohastings has sent me used games with missing manuals, stickers on cases/discs, holes in cases. But I guess the important part is the discs themselves have always been in very good shape.

[quote name='Schwhat']Does gohastings charge for tax, if I'm in NY? [/QUOTE]

I didn't really stop to think about why they were charging me tax (in AZ). Turns out they have B&M stores in some of the most bizarre places -- Yuma, Sierra Vista, Kingman, Lake Havasu City, Prescott. None in Phx or Tucson where you'd expect.

Got 3 more shipping notices today. So everything i ordered on Sat/Sun/MOn has shipped, except for God of War Collection which was cancelled. I won't be reordering since the price went up dramatically.

Almost pulled the deal on AC2 but $15.xx shipped isn't all that slick when condition is not guaranteed and that game is 19.99 at Gamestop.

[quote name='edson13']the email price is the price before the 20% off, pay no attention to that.

as far as quality of games, its nowhere near as good as gamefly. Gohastings has sent me used games with missing manuals, stickers on cases/discs, holes in cases. But I guess the important part is the discs themselves have always been in very good shape.[/QUOTE]

Like any of us read the manual before playing the game...
The only time a manual comes into play is when you're stuck somewhere and can't go back home to play the game; so you try to suck out the essence of the game from the manual.

I thought someone said the e-mail they send to you when they tell you it's shipping is the price they are charging you?

I kinda went nuts on this deal.

I Got:

1. Afro Samurai
  2. Alan Wake
  3. Batman AA [Canceled]
  4. Bayonetta
  5. Dead Rising 2
  6. Fable 3
  7. God of War Collection
  8. Grand Theft Auto Episodes From Liberty CIty
  9. Killzone 2
  10. Mass Effect
  11. Resistance
  12. Resistance 2
  13. Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy
  14. Terminator Salvation
  15. The Bigs 2
  16. Uncharted 2
  17. Viva Pinata
  18. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
A bit lighter in my pocket, but I figure It's like getting 17 games for the price of a little more than 3 Brand New games.

Thanks for the find!

I live in NY too and I wasn't charged any tax so it's awesome.

If the 2-3 weeks or possible 3 months of released funds is true, that's some bullsh...

I love this company but man.

so I just received 5 out of the 6 games I was shipped. 2 still had security bars in the back(goo-gone here I come), my fallout vegas slip cover is bent and my assassins creed brotherhood lost a fight with a box cutter, but all the discs look mint.

I got my ACB, TFU2, and NBA 2k11 today. All in mint condition :) GoHastings FTW :D Can't wait to play Brotherhood all through Christmas Break. And beat the hell out of TFU 2 :bouncy: And squeeze in a little NBA 2k11 and Xmen Arcade. And damn almost forgot BC2 Vietnam :hot::drool:

I ordered like 3 days ago and one of my items still says "in progress". They must have really got hammered with orders to take that long.

[quote name='Schwhat']Does gohastings charge for tax, if I'm in NY? I finally got the greenlight from them, that they are shipping the remaing 2 out of 4 games they didn't cancel.

My online account says:
God of War III

Used - PlayStation 3

Electronic Arts
Used - PlayStation 3

The email says:
1 God of War III $21.71

Even if you add in the shipping (2.28?), it's odd that the taxes are so off. Are they screwing me back?[/QUOTE]

You should have gotten or will get another email.

Yesterday I received notice the final game of a partially canceled order shipped and today I got the final email for the order detailing the games that did ship and the amount charged my credit card.

The email states:
Professor Layton and the Diabo $17.08
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tr $15.66

But I purchased Professor Layton @ $13.67 and Zelda was my $1 game.

You'll notice in the final email the amount that was charged to your card:
"The amount of $21.06 has been charged to your preferred method of payment."

Professor Layton $13.67
Zelda: Spirit Tracks $1.00
Tax $1.39
Shipping 2 games $4.56
Total $21.06

Like the other post said, ignore the prices you see in emails until after all the orders ship and you've received email confirming your card was charged.

After you get that email, the order history on their website will also be updated.

[quote name='KMunley']I kinda went nuts on this deal.

I Got:

1. Afro Samurai
  2. Alan Wake
  3. Batman AA [Canceled]
  4. Bayonetta
  5. Dead Rising 2
  6. Fable 3
  7. God of War Collection
  8. Grand Theft Auto Episodes From Liberty CIty
  9. Killzone 2
  10. Mass Effect
  11. Resistance
  12. Resistance 2
  13. Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy
  14. Terminator Salvation
  15. The Bigs 2
  16. Uncharted 2
  17. Viva Pinata
  18. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
A bit lighter in my pocket, but I figure It's like getting 17 games for the price of a little more than 3 Brand New games.

Thanks for the find![/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a fantastic haul! And I thought I went crazy with 8 items. Do you remember how much Uncharted 2 was? That's the only one i was waiting to show up used, but when it finally did it was a little higher than i wanted (i think $28 before tax/ship)

I ordered Demon Souls, Fallout New Vegas, and Mafia 2 collectors editions. Only Mafia 2 shipped, even though it only cost $1 because of the promotion.

So the total cost for Mafia 2 CE was $3.38. I'm pretty happy with that.

I also got 4 relatively expensive used books and 2 Fallout New Vegas's for $47.

[quote name='caedeskhan']I ordered Demon Souls, Fallout New Vegas, and Mafia 2 collectors editions. Only Mafia 2 shipped, even though it only cost $1 because of the promotion.

So the total cost for Mafia 2 CE was $3.38. I'm pretty happy with that.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome...the gamble paid off.
I remember folks stating you would get something other than the collector's edition.

My copies of Fallout New Vegas, Call of Duty Black Ops, Saints Row, and Midnight Club LA (all PS3) all shipped. I'm still waiting to see if WWE Legends of Wrestlemania will ship (if it doesn't, no biggie). So I'm happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back