goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
I added a game to my cart but it still shows the full price. I've gone through all the screens, do I have to enter credit card info and place order to see the discounted price, please explain.

[quote name='VaultDweller']shouldnt this thread be in the graveyard by now? where are the mods![/QUOTE]

Why? The up to 60% off is still valid; you just don't see it until you add to cart.

[quote name='Psybuster']Why? The up to 60% off is still valid; you just don't see it until you add to cart.[/QUOTE]

but its going to get cancelled:bomb:

now now, not everything gets cancelled. Of seven orders yesterday, 2 have shipped, 3 seem to be in stock still and ok, and two were cancelled but one was re-ordered today and seems to (seems to) be sticking. DOA Ultimate was in stock for a while on PS3 so hopefully they'll manage to fulfill it. I'm sure others have said this, but why doesn't the dude who's logging in the recently purchased used games just walk over to the dude who is fulfilling and cancelling the orders and say "hey dude, you don't need to cancel that order, dude, we just got another God of War, dude!" (they apparantly say dude a lot around that warehouse)

[quote name='VaultDweller']shouldnt this thread be in the graveyard by now? where are the mods![/QUOTE]

It's so dumbasses like you can place an order, bitch, place another order, bitch some more, place yet another order, cry like a baby, and then place a final order.

Why haven't you been silenced yet? Where are the mods!

So because you couldn't find something that wasn't already out of stock and it got cancelled the deal is over for everyone else?:rofl:

Sometimes you get in on a deal and sometimes you don't. It's no big loss if you missed out on this sale, since they have ones like this frequently. You just need to ORDER SOONER next time.:razz:

i bought 3 games that havnt shipped yet but it does not show in my order history does it show up if they are shipped or is osmething wrong

[quote name='Muthafodder']Fixed it for ya, yours had too many grammatical errors :)[/QUOTE]

Dude the order DIDNT even went through for some freaking error. So why the hell they made an authorization charge freezing my money for 3 to 5 days.

It is freaking stupid. I mean why didnt the order went through WHEN THEY DID check i had the funds for the games they made a temp charge.

I know how debit cards work

Picked up Saints Row 2 for 360 for $8 shipped, two copies of Mercs 2 for 360 for $8 shipped, and two copies of Civilization: Revolution for 360 for $9 shipped. Civ was cancelled cuz they ran out of stock, but the other two remain and should ship soon. All in all, I'm happy.

i thought of something else i wanted, but i can't get the free upgrade to expedited to work. It shows the little banner ad for it next to the shipping options, but it never takes the discount off on the next screen like it did before.

you are supposed to do regular shipping and it auto upgrades it to expedited. thats what is did for my order. and also my splatterhouse for ps3 was just canceled. doh
i wanted a free rental!

[quote name='Velo214']you are supposed to do regular shipping and it auto upgrades it to expedited. thats what is did for my order. and also my splatterhouse for ps3 was just canceled. doh
i wanted a free rental![/QUOTE]

I thought you're supposed to select the Expedited shipping and they'll only charge you the Standard shipping price once you get to a further checkout page.

they pre-authorized my card twice after telling me there was a problem with my order meaning i have no order but $66 "held" out of my bank account for x-amount of days

i love it

On a lark, I put in an order for Fallout: New Vegas and Call of Duty: Black Ops for PS3. Neither have been cancelled. This should be interesting...

My Castlevania: LOS for 360 shipped! Funny thing is, that was the one game I was sure I wouldn't get because it kept coming in and out of stock. I'm pretty stoked.

Anyone have a working coupon code for an extra discount? I became a new member at GH, and the coupon they emailed me says it's expired when I try to use it, although the exp date on the coupon is 12/31/10...?

I'm not sure if anyone is interested in these, but I got the following games shipped today, and they have never shown to be out of stock the entire weekend. So if someone wants to get one of these 3 games, there is a good chance that the game will ship. I'm hoping others will contribute to this list of availability below:

Mass Effect $9.78 :360:
Devil May Cry 4 $9.78 :ps3:
Uncharted :ps3: Free so it's equal or cheaper than the two above.

[quote name='Investor']I'm not sure if anyone is interested in these, but I got the following games shipped today, and they have never shown to be out of stock the entire weekend. So if someone wants to get one of these 3 games, there is a good chance that the game will ship. I'm hoping others will contribute to this list of availability below:

Mass Effect $9.78 :360:
Devil May Cry 4 $9.78 :ps3:
Uncharted :ps3: Free so it's equal or cheaper than the two above.[/QUOTE]

Wait how was it free? Is the B2G1 free still going on??

No. B2G1 free ended over the weekend. I placed two orders of 3 on 12/11 with expedite shipping, but only 1 order was shipped today so I'm not sure what "expedite" really means to them. The 2nd order was placed only 10 minutes after the shipped order. In the 2nd order, Demon Souls was canceled. That's my second cancellation of that game in a two-week span, so I'm not ordering Demon Souls from Gohastings anymore. The other two games still showing in-stock and in progress are Lost Odyssey XBox 360 (free) and Batman: AA for the PS3 $14.12.

Also, you can get Devil May Cry 4, Mass Effect and Uncharted from Blockbuster for $9.99 each and their B1G1 free promotion, which is cheaper than getting it from Gohastings with shipping charges.

Could the OP be editted to reflect that the remove the free upgrade to expedited shipping? That's been removed already. It's only free upgrade if you buy a gift card too.

Also I think GoHastings changed the 60% thing off used games to select items (not 100% sure). Gran Turismo 5 used (while the site says its in stock :p) doesn't go cheaper than the standard used price when put into the cart.

I've had a weird thing happen to my order. I ordered it for 24.xx shipped yesterday morning, checked the status just a minute ago and it shows the price of the game as 0, shipping as free, and completed via Expediated. Anyone know what that means?

Edit: Never mind, I see where it says canceled now.

[quote name='gorebago']they pre-authorized my card twice after telling me there was a problem with my order meaning i have no order but $66 "held" out of my bank account for x-amount of days

i love it[/QUOTE]

you got robbed lol I wonder what they do with our money in those days....bet they're doing their christmas shopping:bomb:

I hate gohastings. While the items I've received from them were generally pretty good, these assholes have continually cancelled my orders whenever I get a great price. Seriously, out of the ~30 items I've ordered from them in the past, at least 8 have been cancelled. And their customer service will either not help or ignore you.

Has anyone had Fable 3 or Dead Rising 2 canceled? I ordered like 10 games and only Batman AA was canceled so far, just figured if any of the others would be canceled it would be one of those if not both of them.

I just got off the phone with customer service because they canceled my game and yet they still show it in stock. They told me they could not guarentee their stock. So good luck with your orders, I'll only shop their brick and mortars and never their site. Bad enough I've already had problems with the brick and mortars with their rental services. Good luck guys, I placed a complaint with the BBB and I suggest you guys who had their orders canceled do the same.

[quote name='mason6799']I just got off the phone with customer service because they canceled my game and yet they still show it in stock. They told me they could not guarentee their stock. So good luck with your orders, I'll only shop their brick and mortars and never their site. Bad enough I've already had problems with the brick and mortars with their rental services. Good luck guys, I placed a complaint with the BBB and I suggest you guys who had their orders do the same.[/QUOTE]

What exactly are you going to report ? That they sell out of stuff ?

Dear BBB, the taco Bell on Marysville Highway is out of Verde sauce.

they always cancel, get used to it. lol
but really, what good is free expedited shipping if they take 5 days to process your order...

I have no problems with cancellation. They cancelled both my copies of splatterhouse so i'll end up getting uncharted 2 for just a buck + shipping. Can't argue with that any day of the week.

[quote name='Velo214']they always cancel, get used to it. lol
but really, what good is free expedited shipping if they take 5 days to process your order...[/QUOTE]

This^^.. I had one order canceled and my 2nd is still "processing" anyone have success in having black ops ship ?

Don't mind it being canceled just wish they were quicker in notifying you

On the possibility of getting a game you re-ordered after a previous order was canceled...I've had a hit and mostly miss luck on this.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for $21.27

As part of bigger order: Canceled.

A day later, I ordered it by itself: Canceled.

Yet another day later, I tried again: SHIPPED.

Apache: Air Assault, which is still listed as "in stock" - tried ordering it 4 different times, all canceled. Given up on this one from GoHastings, but not elsewhere...some silver lining, though, as the first order was part of the B2G$1 and the $1 game was Fallout: New Vegas, which shipped in addition to Arcania: Gothic 4 for about $40 total.

Madden 11, ordered it for $18.23. Canceled. Price has since jumped to $53.99 and now sits at $43.19. Won't bother with this one again, either.

Moral of the story? If the price is right, feel free to give it a couple shots, KNOWING that you may get shot down continually. If you don't mind the temporary holds, that is. Just be sure to keep an watchful-eye on your accounts.

Oh, and BTW: the "free shipping" upgrade to expedited now requires the purchase of a gift card.

[quote name='KMunley']Has anyone had Fable 3 or Dead Rising 2 canceled? I ordered like 10 games and only Batman AA was canceled so far, just figured if any of the others would be canceled it would be one of those if not both of them.[/QUOTE]

I was notified mine shipped today.

This was in the email after being notified of the shipping and AFTER the other games in the order was canceled (Kirby Epic Yarn & Curious Village):
"The amount of $26.46 has been charged to your preferred method of payment."

The original order was:
Merchandise:$60.10
Tax: $6.36
Shipping/Handling:$6.84
Total:$73.30

So the "sale" price for Dead Rising was $21.88.
Tax $2.08
Shipping for one game $2.28
Total $26.24

Close enough for me to be assured they DO NOT charge you the originally computed tax and shipping on orders that have items canceled and I was only charged AFTER the last remaining item of my order shipped.

Hmmm...just what the CS guy told me would happen.

[quote name='semifast']What exactly are you going to report ? That they sell out of stuff ?

Dear BBB, the taco Bell on Marysville Highway is out of Verde sauce.[/QUOTE]

This is awesome!
Alcoa Highway?

[quote name='mason6799']I just got off the phone with customer service because they canceled my game and yet they still show it in stock. They told me they could not guarentee their stock. So good luck with your orders, I'll only shop their brick and mortars and never their site. Bad enough I've already had problems with the brick and mortars with their rental services. Good luck guys, I placed a complaint with the BBB and I suggest you guys who had their orders canceled do the same.[/QUOTE]

Im with you. Im sick of placing orders at this site and then having it cancelled like 3 or 4 days later. Its not hard to have the "Add to Cart" button disabled when an item is out of stock. If anything, they should honor the price and give the customer an option to have it shipped when it is in stock. Not just cancel it out right.

I filed a complaint with the BBB as well. Sick of hastings crap.

I'd wager that cancellations are linked regionally. I bet if a game isn't in stock in a set radius of your location, the order will be canceled.

I bet those that live in regions where more GoHastings stores are located, they have better luck.

It would be a poor business model to ship games from Washington to Florida.

[quote name='mason6799']it's called bait and switch(or false advertising at the least) and it is an illegal practice[/QUOTE]

It isn't either of those things. It isn't illegal or even unethical.

All it is is a merchant selling out of an item.

in a moment of weakness last night, as i was ordering Dragon Age Ultimate for the 15th time, i also ordered the DJ Hero Xbox 360 bundle for $20-odd bucks. Am i completely insane for trying to buy that used from them? Am i going to get a pile of broken plastic w/ bubble gum stuck to it?

[quote name='wurms']Im with you. Im sick of placing orders at this site and then having it cancelled like 3 or 4 days later. Its not hard to have the "Add to Cart" button disabled when an item is out of stock. If anything, they should honor the price and give the customer an option to have it shipped when it is in stock. Not just cancel it out right.

I filed a complaint with the BBB as well. Sick of hastings crap.[/QUOTE]

Im sure your complaint will go straight to the BBB's hyperbole division.

[quote name='semifast']It isn't either of those things. It isn't illegal or even unethical.

All it is is a merchant selling out of an item.[/QUOTE]

Correct...if it weren't, Hotels would be in constant deep water...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back