goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do stores like this have a sort menu, when selecting anything from it produces completely random results? I select prices high to low, and the prices are all over the place. Do they test this stuff? Anyway, I will slog through it all at some point.

My first B2G1 $1 order placed 12/11/10:
GT5 - Shipped (12/13/10)
DAO Ultimate - Shipped (12/13/10)
007 Blood Stone ($1) - Shipped (12/13/10)

Second B2G1 $1 order placed 12/11/10:
Diabolical Box - In Progress
Spirit Tracks ($1) - Shipped (12/13/10)
Curious Village - Canceled Day of Order

Third 60% off order placed 12/12/10:
Dead Rising 2 - In Progress
Curious Village - Canceled Day of Order
Kirby Epic Yarn - Canceled Day of Order

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dranakin']The Sly Collection is back in stock for $17.62.

I'd pick it up myself, but I'm trying to save money. Trying to.[/QUOTE]

showing up as OOS for me...that was quick :(

Using the newer sale (60% or whatever), I ordered Dragon Age PS3 Ultimate, Alan Wake, Heavenly Sword, Forza 3, Banjo-Kazoiee, and God of War Collection. Only one cancelled so far is Dragon, but of course its the one i wanted the most.
I also have my eye on a few other games like Borderlands GOTY but i think i will wait as i have a big backlog and i can hold out until its cheaper. Hope DAO comes back in stock again - would prefer it on PS3 i think.
p.s. Banjo is my favorite price of the sale: $5.6499999999999995

will my games get cancelled????

I got crisis core, infamous and lost odyssey, I think it was $12 each for infamous and lost odyssey and around $8 for crisis core....

[quote name='gamer6587']will my games get cancelled????

I got crisis core, infamous and lost odyssey, I think it was $12 each for infamous and lost odyssey and around $8 for crisis core....[/QUOTE]

Because of their inventory, it can be hit or miss.

Most aren't getting theirs canceled.

[quote name='sweetchinmusic']its been 3 days and my order is still in Progress, and i have expedited shipping. is this normal?[/QUOTE]

They're just now rolling out updates to orders...it is their first full business day back after the weekend...
You ordered before Saturday? Just give them time.

2 of my games shipped and one was canceled. I am still getting charged for the canceled one but it is pending in my credit card. On my order history on gohastings it is still charging me the full amount. I ordered these Saturday. How long do you think it will take for this to get sorted out? Will they refund me the difference from the shipping?

[quote name='Envel']2 of my games shipped and one was canceled. I am still getting charged for the canceled one but it is pending in my credit card. On my order history on gohastings it is still charging me the full amount. I ordered these Saturday. How long do you think it will take for this to get sorted out? Will they refund me the difference from the shipping?[/QUOTE]

Read the OP

[quote name='VaultDweller']hey they canceled both my games and they took my money! this is a big scam,people beware![/QUOTE]

I have a hard time believing this since Hastings never charges until the order has been completed.

[quote name='dino88']I have a hard time believing this since Hastings never charges until the order has been completed.[/QUOTE]

not true, they place a hold immediately. My debit card has had a nice $85 hole for the past 3 days, even though the order was cancelled .

My WWE got cancelled and it's still in stock, i'm on the phone(on hold)with them now, it takes a full 7 days for my money to go back into my account, so they are going to un-cancel it or completely lose my business.

Edit: He says that it's out of stock but it takes a while to show up on the site, so I pretty much ordered an out of stock game, I am done with Hastings until they shape the **** up. So be aware that each time you order a game from Hastings it's a 50/50 toss up if it's actually in stock, I expect my Sonic Colors to be cancelled before the night is out.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Read the OP[/QUOTE]
"About canceled orders since it will be asked:

I called CS and was told that the "permanent" (final) CC charge is only placed on your CC until after all the items in an order ship."

I said my games shipped. The only thing that didn't was the canceled one.

[quote name='edson13']not true, they place a hold immediately. My debit card has had a nice $85 hole for the past 3 days, even though the order was cancelled .[/QUOTE]

A hold is not a charge, you shouldn't be using Debit Cards online anyway...you're unprotected.

I just looked at my CC and all of my transactions are temporary authorizations...NOT charges.

[quote name='Envel']"About canceled orders since it will be asked:

I called CS and was told that the "permanent" (final) CC charge is only placed on your CC until after all the items in an order ship."

I said my games shipped. The only thing that didn't was the canceled one.[/QUOTE]

Nice...quote me out of context...all the information you requested is there if you cared to continue reading.

My complete assessment for those who are missing the OP:

About canceled orders since it will be asked:

I called CS and was told that the "permanent" (final) CC charge is only placed on your CC until after all the items in an order ship.

CS stated the email updates always show the list prices and not any discounted price you purchased them at. Any cancellations do not affect sale prices, these are locked in, including the $1 games and will not be auto adjusted due to any cancellations. Only the taxes and shipping will be adjusted based upon what's left when the complete or remaining order ships. Your CC will not be billed for each game as they ship and will only be billed once after all the games in an order ship.

The order history screen in your account will also NOT reflect an updated order total after any cancellations.

However, you should check your credit card statements to ensure you were charged correct amounts after your games ship.

The only issue I foresee, is for those who order with debit cards in which authorizations will not disappear immediately.

So after the plethora of cancellations from my B2G1 for $1s it has worked out in my favor.

Golden Sun DS ($25.38), Saw II ($25.04), Lucha Libre $1
GH: Warriors of Rock ($22.78), Punch-Out!!! $1, Saw II ($25.04)
Ys Oath in Felghana ($18.94), EA MMA ($19), Half Minute Hero $1
RB:3 $1, NBA 2k11 ($32.58), DA:O UE (yet to ship - $28.87)

At this point I don't mind if DA:O UE get's canceled.

[quote name='nekromantix']So after the plethora of cancellations from my B2G1 for $1s it has worked out in my favor.

Golden Sun DS ($25.38), Saw II ($25.04), Lucha Libre $1
GH: Warriors of Rock ($22.78), Punch-Out!!! $1, Saw II ($25.04)
Ys Oath in Felghana ($18.94), EA MMA ($19), Half Minute Hero $1
RB:3 $1, NBA 2k11 ($32.58), DA:O UE (yet to ship - $28.87)

At this point I don't mind if DA:O UE get's canceled.[/QUOTE]

Nice haul!

My haul (3 games lol)

TFU2 ($1) ACB ($36.85) NBA 2k11 (32.58)
So $82.31 out the door or about $27.47/game I think. Doing this in my head :p
All shipped btw

Got my castlevania order cancelled only game I ordered. I'll probably just look at buying from gamefly and amazon for a while

it's unfortunate the b2g1 free cancellation is a lottery. I'd rather they either cancel the entire order, average the cost of all the items, or fulfill the order based off future stock

Do I email them to cancel an order I placed earlier today? I ordered Dead Rising 2 used for $20 and now the zombrex edition is on sale for $30 new at amazon. I want to know the order's cancelled before ordering from amazon.

edit: thanks Mutha

[quote name='darthballz']Do I email them to cancel an order I placed earlier today? I ordered Dead Rising 2 used for $20 and now the zombrex edition is on sale for $30 new at amazon. I want to know the order's cancelled before ordering from amazon.[/QUOTE]

They are still available by phone:

Call Customer Service at 1- 877-427-8464. We're open 9am - 9pm Central Standard time Monday through Friday (except holidays). You may also send email to [email protected].

[quote name='darthballz']Do I email them to cancel an order I placed earlier today? I ordered Dead Rising 2 used for $20 and now the zombrex edition is on sale for $30 new at amazon. I want to know the order's cancelled before ordering from amazon.

edit: thanks Mutha[/QUOTE]

Don't cancel your order. Just setup a trade in on amazon. Trade-in value currently is $30.50. Then feel free to order zombex edition from amazon. You'll end up ahead.

[quote name='jman619']They canceled my order. How long does it take for my money to came back? It still says pending. I used my paypal debit card so it came out of my paypal account.[/QUOTE]

Now that's something you may want to get on the phone about since PayPal is involved with a debit purchase if the funds were removed from PayPal. Not a pending transaction?

[quote name='Muthafodder']Nice...quote me out of context...all the information you requested is there if you cared to continue reading.[/QUOTE]
You should know by now that no one on this site reads everything. They expect you to explain it 90 times for them.:roll:
[quote name='darthballz']Do I email them to cancel an order I placed earlier today? I ordered Dead Rising 2 used for $20 and now the zombrex edition is on sale for $30 new at amazon. I want to know the order's cancelled before ordering from amazon.

edit: thanks Mutha[/QUOTE]
Damn. I got excited when I saw that the Zombrex Edition was $30 new now at Amazon, then I clicked over there and found out the PS3 version(the one I'd need cuz I only have a PS3 as of now) is $49.99.:roll:

Dammit Amazon. If you're going to lower the price of one edition, lower the price of the edition for ALL consoles it's for.:bomb::bomb:

[quote name='Muthafodder']Now that's something you may want to get on the phone about.[/QUOTE]

Ah shit. Should I call paypal and explain it to them or gohastings?

[quote name='Muthafodder']I'd call GoHastings, but only if the transaction reflects completed on PayPal.[/QUOTE]

It took the money out soon as I ordered it,but it still says pending like it does for several days.

[quote name='jman619']It took the money out soon as I ordered it,but it still says pending like it does for several days.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm sure GoHastings will cancel the pending payment then. No reason for them to accept a pending payment for an order that won't go through is there?

Maybe it's easy for me...being an Accountant and all?

[quote name='Muthafodder']Well, I'm sure GoHastings will cancel the pending payment then. No reason for them to accept a pending payment for an order that won't go through is there?

Maybe it's easy for me...being an Accountant and all?[/QUOTE]

True. I worry about this shit after all I'm a cheapassgamer. :lol:

[quote name='mr_bungle']So in other words if you order gets cancelled it'll show up as a hold(charge) and they'll cancel it?[/QUOTE]

That would be my guess...or certain assumption.

Sure, they're on the low end of the totem pole when it comes to a gamers market. But, I doubt they're in the business of complicating their business model with constantly performing refunds.

They've been around a while and although their inventory system is crap, it shouldn't be a reflection of their credit card processing and shipping applications, of which I'm sure is separate from their online application.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Now that's something you may want to get on the phone about since PayPal is involved with a debit purchase if the funds were removed from PayPal. Not a pending transaction?[/QUOTE]

all i got to say is #$#$# gohastings they are very rude over the phone.. asked when will i get my money back... whenever the transaction is complete (refused to give a timetable) when i asked to speak to their boss they refused and told me to take it up with paypal and hung up..

hello BBB report

Now God of War collection was cancelled. I reordered DOA Ultimate - we'll see if this one sticks. I sure hope i don't end up with 45 copies of all these!
Is it my imagination or are the prices fluxuating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back