goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
Ys: The Oath in Felghana 13.36

Cancelled

hastings can go #$#$# themself ... already called up the credit card company to tell them they are taking orders for games they do not even have in stock ..... credit card company has said they have had a VERY HIGH number of complants against this company in the past few weeks

the games they did ship out i will return whenever i feel like getting them back to the post office see how they like when someone #$#$#$# them over

And of course now the 18.99 copy at amazon is gone

Just picked up Golden Sun for $19ish, Sabotuer $5 and bought a copy of Black Ops for $34, which is a gift for my brother. God damn. They had a sweet deal, too bad I missed the buy-one-get-one-free. Great deals! Too bad I also missed the Chrono Trigger on the DS for $7... :( I had it in my cart, but thought I'd wait and next thing you know, its gone...

Overall, great deals!

Welp, my second attempt at getting Curios Village failed and Kiby's Epic Yarn was just canceled...as expected since it was OOS yesterday.

Now I'm looking at Dead Rising 2 for $21.88 in one order after getting Curious Village and Kirby canceled.

Another order of B1G1 after Curious Village was canceled in my first attempt, leaving me with the Diabolical Box for $13.67 and Spirit Tracks for $1.

My first order hasn't had anything canceled yet and I hope it doesn't :pray: as I got GT5 for $38.76, DAO Ultimate for $28.88, and 007 Blood Stone for $1.

I don't mind those that were canceled...buyer's remorse, I'll get Curious Village someday :)

For you guys that have had partial orders canceled in the past, how did you make sure you were charged the correct shipping and tax for the remaining games as they don't update the original fees accessed on the order it seems.

[quote name='Muthafodder']No, I've never been in a GoHastings store.
There aren't any in my area.[/quote]In my humble opinion, you aren't missing much. Best thing about having one about an hour away is being able to trade in for credit (they give decent credit), but even their trade in system is completely redonk and takes for ever. :roll:

It's most likely UNIX...looks alot like DOS.
Possible. And "a lot" is two words. =P

DAMN IT! My F'ing Golden Sun got canceled! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNN IT! God damn Hastings and their crappy inventory tracking!

I regret whatever positive things I said in my prior post.

I guess I'm gonna have to look for a deal on Golden Sun elsewhere... :(

What's even worse is that the website still says the game is in stock! It's just going to dupe other people into buying it and wasting their time.

Got Alan Wake for just over $13 shipped...not bad at all thanks TC!

Too bad I just got FO: NV at GS.com earlier today, even with the 26% off it was still $37. Used credit for that though so can't really complain.

Nice, this helps with some games I missed over Black Friday weekend. Picked up 4 games, hopefully they all ship!

I ordered Forza 3 for $13.76 shipped. Probably won't have the DLC that comes packaged with new copies, but if I get it for this price, it's worth it.

Put WWE 2011 in my cart, refreshed the page and it was out of stock, I hate shopping at gohastings sometimes, but I am glad I didn't order it because it would have been cancelled anyway, another exclusive feature of GoHastings.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Put WWE 2011 in my cart, refreshed the page and it was out of stock, I hate shopping at gohastings sometimes, but I am glad I didn't order it because it would have been cancelled anyway, another exclusive feature of GoHastings.[/QUOTE]

Nah. Barnes and Noble has cancelled two of three orders I have placed through their online store because they don't understand how many units of an item they actually have, as well.

[quote name='Huggybear1688']Hot Pursuit got cancelled on me, figured it would but not too concerned, no big deal[/QUOTE]

Mine too, so I ordered it again. Probably be canceled again, like my Apache Air Assault order, but it's "in stock" and I'm being stubborn. Screw it, worth a try.

This company sucks, what is the point of having good deals if every order I make gets canceled. They really need to overhaul that inventory system.

Well so far I have received shipping notices for Star Wars TFU 2 CE, FO:NV and AC:B x 2. I have no complaints about this sale so far.

[quote name='Brooklynnets24']what is the difference between previously viewed and used...if i buy used will i still get the case and manual?[/QUOTE]

From what I read, used games tend to be in better conditions than previously viewed (which mean it was a a rental copy). Also, I have received around 6-7 used games from Gohastings and they all came complete with case and manuals. Disc are in great shape as well.

[quote name='Brooklynnets24']what is the difference between previously viewed and used...if i buy used will i still get the case and manual?[/QUOTE]

Used = copy someone traded in

Previously Viewed = rental copy.

You may or may not receive both the case and manual, but chances are you will. All the games I've ordered from them all came with both, except for one which did not come with a manual. Some people have reported getting a generic case with their games.

I bought a bunch of used games (10-15) from Gohastings last year and had a very positive experience. All but one were shipped and a couple of them were still wrapped.

This year....I placed 1 order for 3 items and all 3 were cancelled even though when I checked their site only one of them was listed as out of stock. So I ordered the 2 games that were still in stock with a new third game as a filler for the "buy 2, get one for $1" deal only to have the two games I wanted cancelled, but not the third. I emailed them to cancel the entire order in case they would end up charging me full price plus shipping.

So then they switch to the "up to 60% off" deal and I order the 2 games I wanted again and so far it hasn't been cancelled.

Also placed another order for 3 other games and got notification at least 1 of the games has shipped. Not sure about the other 2.

I'm not sure why last year was so different, but this year's sale has been a complete mess of partial or complete order cancellations.

just bought uncharted 1 and 2 and God of war 3 along with a Marvel graphic novel hopefully none of it gets canceled and hopefully they will have AC:BH and Star wars U2 tomorrow

My order of AC Brotherhood got cancelled- I ordered it about 8 AM yesterday morning. Pretty lame.
Are these prices good in store or online only? Also, should I just try to order this again later?

Wow... I saw this email come into my inbox over the weekend and just ignored it. Wish I hadn't. there was a ton of stuff I would have scooped up if it wasn't all OOS
:( Now I'm kicking myself for recently buying a bunch of these games for twice the price as well!

[quote name='midloo']Wow... I saw this email come into my inbox over the weekend and just ignored it. Wish I hadn't. there was a ton of stuff I would have scooped up if it wasn't all OOS
:( Now I'm kicking myself for recently buying a bunch of these games for twice the price as well![/QUOTE]
You didn't miss much, all my stuff got cancelled.

I just called CS and was told that the "permanent" charge is only placed on your CC until after all the items in an order ship.

He stated the email always show the list prices as they ship. Any sale prices were locked in, including the $1 games and will not be auto adjusted, just the tax and shipping. Your CC will not be billed for each game as they ship and will only be billed once after all the games in an order ship.

The "permanent" CC price will have any adjustments to the tax and shipping charges for the actual games that shipped.

The only issue I foresee, is for those who ordered with debit cards.

[quote name='NeuralFizz']AC:Brotherhood's used price jumped to 53.xx, I hope my order of Castlevania doesn't get cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Just called them on the phone, because they cancelled Castlevania via email. The operator says the database from warehouse says they're out... even though their current website says in stock for the used.

I would order again just to be sure... hmm....

[quote name='Schwhat']Just called them on the phone, because they cancelled Castlevania via email. The operator says the database from warehouse says they're out... even though their current website says in stock for the used.

I would order again just to be sure... hmm....[/QUOTE]
I'm sure a million people are calling right now- I've been waiting on hold for 20 minutes.
Also I haven't gotten a cancellation email yet, I just checked my order status and it says cancelled.

Dammit. This sale is tempting me, but luckily nothing I really want is in stock(WOTS 3 for PS3, RDR Undead Nightmare compilation), so my wallet gets to rest yet again.;)

I really shouldn't be buying stuff but I HAD to grab Sonic Colors at that price, HAD TO!! OMG!!! I'm going back to the site, please!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I need my money!! ........... oh dear...... they have Splatterhouse............... oh my!! WWE is back!!! -_-

My Demon Souls was canceled, but the other two titles (including the $1 one) are still showing "In Process." However, the total cost of the order is still the same for all 3. Will they charge me correctly after my order has been shipped, or do I need to call in to let them know that they had canceled one of my games? I've only ordered from them once before, and all three of my orders (7 games) were canceled last week, so I've never received anything from them before. Thanks.

i ordered 3 games last week, 2 got canceled, and i ordered 11 yesterday, only LBP has been canceled for me...nba jam was one of my cancellations from last week, but i ordered it again, so hopefully it goes through this time

[quote name='Investor']My Demon Souls was canceled, but the other two titles (including the $1 one) are still showing "In Process." However, the total cost of the order is still the same for all 3. Will they charge me correctly after my order has been shipped, or do I need to call in to let them know that they had canceled one of my games? I've only ordered from them once before, and all three of my orders (7 games) were canceled last week, so I've never received anything from them before. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

i had two of three games get canceled from the buy two get one for a dollar, and they charged me full price for the one game...it was not the dollar game though, so im not sure how that will work...the customer service is not very helpful though...i tried to cancel via email and i left a message because i was on hold for 15 minutes, but the NFS showed up today

[quote name='Investor']My Demon Souls was canceled, but the other two titles (including the $1 one) are still showing "In Process." However, the total cost of the order is still the same for all 3. Will they charge me correctly after my order has been shipped, or do I need to call in to let them know that they had canceled one of my games? I've only ordered from them once before, and all three of my orders (7 games) were canceled last week, so I've never received anything from them before. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Muthafodder']I just called CS and was told that the "permanent" charge is only placed on your CC until after all the items in an order ship.

He stated the email always show the list prices as they ship. Any sale prices were locked in, including the $1 games and will not be auto adjusted, just the tax and shipping. Your CC will not be billed for each game as they ship and will only be billed once after all the games in an order ship.

The "permanent" CC price will have any adjustments to the tax and shipping charges for the actual games that shipped.

The only issue I foresee, is for those who ordered with debit cards.[/QUOTE]

I just checked my order status online and found that I had another order cancelled (2 items that I was ordering again after my first order had been cancelled) and one item had been shipped even though I asked to have the order cancelled because the other 2 items in the order had been cancelled by them and I wasn't willing to pay full price.

Switching from the "Buy 2 get 1 for $1" to the "get up to 60% off" deal was a smart move because if they cancel an item with the newer deal, you are still getting the same discount on the remaining items. But if they cancel an item under the old deal, it screws everything up and either you or they are getting screwed. But there are still a lot of screwed up orders they are going to have to deal with.

[quote name='guinaevere']Have you seen their system? It's DOS... and their inventory supposedly doesn't update until a clerk physically pulls the game from the shelves and updates their system. In this day and age, it's archaic.[/QUOTE]

It's freaking ridiculous. I went in 2 weeks ago as they had a 5 for $20 sale on all used books. The clerk in the book section told me it included graphic novels.

I wasted 30 minutes of my life finding 5 decent graphic novels as their checkout computer refused to give me the discount. They tried to sell it to me at full price like I'm some idiot. I was really pissed. They couldn't even override their outdated system.

You'll only get charged for what is shipped out. However, if it is a B2G1F deal, they can screw you like they did me last week. They canceled my two games, and shipped the dvd that I was supposed to get for free. I got charged full price for the dvd!!!

Ordered Dragon Age Ultimate Edition yesterday, checked my order status today and it got canceled. Just placed another order since the price was lower for some reason, but I get the feeling it's going to get canceled as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back