goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ackbar7']Most things from gohastings come complete, many are like new. In fact about 1 in 10 games I have ordered used form them are show up new and sealed. I personally don't think there are many better retailers to buy used games from.[/QUOTE]

Everything I ever ordered was fine except one. One disc had numbers written on the disc and the case looked terrible. That's the worst thing,but the numbers written on the disc does annoy me.

[quote name='jman619']Everything I ever ordered was fine except one. One disc had numbers written on the disc and the case looked terrible. That's the worst thing,but the numbers written on the disc does annoy me.[/QUOTE]

Sharpie or Marker?

You can try an alcohol pad.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Sharpie or Marker?

You can try an alcohol pad.[/QUOTE]

Looks like a sharpie,but I'll try that anyway. Just to see. I've ordered like 10 games or so. Only one ever came that way.

[quote name='jman619']Looks like a sharpie,but I'll try that anyway. Just to see. I've ordered like 10 games or so. Only one ever came that way.[/QUOTE]

Try it and I bet it comes off, I use all the time and have never had trouble removing it with alcohol.

Use a cotton swab if you don't have pads.

Holy balls! This was epic. I got Enslaved, Golden Sun DS, and Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock for $60. I'm on buying lockdown with the boyfriend so we don't accidentally buy each other what we already got for Christmas, but these games aren't going to be cheap for a while (especially not Golden Sun).

[quote name='Drclaw411']Agreed[/QUOTE]

Don't think so...

GS:
Fallout New Vegas $49.99
Star Wars TFU $49.99
CoD Black Ops $49.99
B2G1PS - $49.99
Sub Total $99.98
GROUND Shipping $0
Tax $13.86
Total $113.84

GoHastings:
Fallout New Vegas $32.58
Star Wars TFU $32.58
CoD Black Ops $43.43
MM123 - $31.58
Sub Total $77.01
EXPEDITED Shipping $6.84
Tax $7.98
Total $91.83

In what world is a savings of $22.01 by purchasing from GoHastings not a better deal by losing $22.01 and shopping at GameStop?

GoHastings for the win...90% more likely to get the original case and instructions as well.

Troll is Troll...

[quote name='Muthafodder']Don't think so...

GS:
Fallout New Vegas $49.99
Star Wars TFU $49.99
CoD Black Ops $49.99
B2G1PS - $49.99
Sub Total $99.98
GROUND Shipping $0
Tax $13.86
Total $113.84

GoHastings:
Fallout New Vegas $32.58
Star Wars TFU $32.58
CoD Black Ops $43.43
MM123 - $31.58
Sub Total $77.01
EXPEDITED Shipping $6.84
Tax $7.98
Total $91.83

In what world is a savings of $22.01 by purchasing from GoHastings not a better deal by losing $22.01 and shopping at GameStop?

GoHastings for the win...90% more likely to get the original case and instructions as well.

Troll is Troll...

[/QUOTE]

Also, depending on where you live, you might not even be taxed.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Are these two things stacking? Why is this such an amazing deal, gohastings has had B2G1 for $1 like 5 times this season already.[/QUOTE]

yup, 20%, B2g1, and shipping upgrade all stack

Well fuck, two cancellations already.

Have a B1G1 and a B2G0 order now. Guess that's better than two B2G0s. Get to call them up come Monday I suppose.

Are these two things stacking? Why is this such an amazing deal, gohastings has had B2G1 for $1 like 5 times this season already.

It's not really amazing, but goHastings has some of the best used prices even before the B2G1. This time around you just get your games faster, but they still cost 2.28 each to ship. It's kind of a miniscule difference, like waiting 2 days instead of 5.

[quote name='nekromantix']Well fuck, two cancellations already.

Have a B1G1 and a B2G0 order now. Guess that's better than two B2G0s. Get to call them up come Monday I suppose.[/QUOTE]

what did you get cancelled? I tried to set my orders up so the $1.00 game was the most likely to be instock.

I ordered a poop ton of comics. I am super stoked and hope I end up getting them all!

I took advantage of the 5 for $20 on books plus the B2G1 and ordered 15 total to maximize the discounts.

Trinity Vol. 1 Used - Trade Paper $4.00
Trinity Vol. 2 Used - Trade Paper $4.00
Trinity Vol. 3 Used - Trade Paper $4.00
The Many Armors of Iron Man Used - Trade Paper $4.00
Batman and Robin Vol. 1 : Batman Reborn Used - Trade Cloth $4.00
Maus : A Survivors Tale: My Father Bleeds History Used - Trade Paper $1.00
V for Vendetta: New Edition Used - Trade Paper $1.00
Watchmen Used - Trade Paper $1.00
Batman : The Resurrection of Ras Al Ghul Used - Trade Paper $4.00
The Joker : Dark Knight Used - Trade Cloth $4.00
Identity Crisis Used - Trade Cloth $4.00
Dark Victory Used - Trade Paper $4.00
Project Superpowers Used - Trade Paper $4.00
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Used - Trade Paper $1.00
Batman: under the Cowl Used - Trade Paper $1.00

All that plus like $16 for the expedited shipping. 15 books for $61, which is about $4 per book. I am very happy with this haul, thank you so much OP.

I placed a second order with:

Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

The Curious Village was canceled just now through email.
So, I got the other two for 14.67 + tax & s/h

[quote name='edson13']what did you get cancelled? I tried to set my orders up so the $1.00 game was the most likely to be instock.[/QUOTE]

:360: Saw II and :psp: Y's Oath in Felghana.

Re-ordered Y's as the non $1 title, so see if they cancel it again.

Should of known better to place the most obscure title as the $1, usually do a good job of avoiding that.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Agreed[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dino88']Math would disagree.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Muthafodder']Don't think so...
[/QUOTE]

My order from 32.xx order from GS would have cost 65.xx at GH. My 31.xx order from GH would have cost 54.xx from GS.

If you go under your Order History and view your recent orders, are you guys seeing any items out of stock?

I do and those haven't been canceled...yet.
But when I go back to order the same, it lets me as if it were in stock.

[quote name='pd4ever']i ordered force unleashed 2, fable 3, and dead rising 2 for $79.10 shipped[/QUOTE]

Hope you have better luck than me. I ordered Force Unleashed 2 as one of my 3 games and they sent me a red case Greatest Hits Force Unleashed 1. I have to wait till Monday to contact them to switch it out for the correct game.

I got TFU2, ACB, and NBA 2k11 for a bit more than $82 shipped. $27/game for these is amazing. Thanks OP. I just wish I didn't wait and miss out on GT5 :p Would have been a lot nicer than getting TFU2 but it's all right.

EDIT: Dang I really hope I don't get TFU1 D: I heard gohastings' CS isn't the best ...

What happens if they cancel 1 item? I ordered Def Jam Rapstar, Monopoly Streets and Season 2 Of Star Wars The Clone Wars, and they canceled Monopoly Streets which was one of the full price games. Star Wars was the $1 item. Do they still honor it or do they readjust prices. I buy from Gohastings all the time and this is the first time this happened.

[quote name='rogus']What happens if they cancel 1 item? I ordered Def Jam Rapstar, Monopoly Streets and Season 2 Of Star Wars The Clone Wars, and they canceled Monopoly Streets which was one of the full price games. Star Wars was the $1 item. Do they still honor it or do they readjust prices. I buy from Gohastings all the time and this is the first time this happened.[/QUOTE]

Every time it's happened to me they've honored it. Actually look forward to the canceled full price games.

After spending a TON of money at gamestop, gamefly and blockbuster, I really needed to be picky here. Very happy with my selection, though, as I think I'll play all 3 of these within a couple months.

Got:

Metro 2033 (been waiting on this game FOREVER, gamefly hasn't come through so I pulled the trigger)
Enslaved PS3
Just Cause 2 PS3

$51.38 shipped (no tax, wohoo!) expedited.

Now let's see if this order sticks...I might go back and do a cheapo one now.

I got 2 emails for canceled games that are still orderable. Just reordered them with a cheaper game. I amcurious to see what happens.

^ You can still order them only because GoHastings has a screwed up inventory system so the games are probably OOS even though it says they're in stock.

I understand that their inventory system is messed up. I am hoping to get a $1 game to replace the one of those 2 which was $1. And if that doesn't work worst case scenario is that I get the games I want.

[quote name='scarhawk']^ You can still order them only because GoHastings has a screwed up inventory system so the games are probably OOS even though it says they're in stock.[/QUOTE]
It's a trap.

[quote name='ackbar7']I got 2 emails for canceled games that are still orderable. Just reordered them with a cheaper game. I amcurious to see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Well if that's the case then you can pretty much guarantee yourself a BOGO, making this deal even hotter.

Gohastings is being really sneaky with this current sale. I regularly browse Gohastings several times a week and what they've done is jack up the prices on a majority of the used games (especially the newer releases), so even with the extra 20% off you're paying the same price or in some cases even more than before the sale started.

Sneaky bastards :bs:

[quote name='JaylisJayP']After spending a TON of money at gamestop, gamefly and blockbuster, I really needed to be picky here. Very happy with my selection, though, as I think I'll play all 3 of these within a couple months.

Got:

Metro 2033 (been waiting on this game FOREVER, gamefly hasn't come through so I pulled the trigger)
Enslaved PS3
Just Cause 2 PS3

$51.38 shipped (no tax, wohoo!) expedited.

Now let's see if this order sticks...I might go back and do a cheapo one now.[/QUOTE]

No cancellation e-mails so far (knock on wood). Order details show all 3 games as in-progress.

When I placed three orders last week when they had this B2G1 free deal, all three orders were canceled. My Dante's Inferno for the PS3 for $10 was ordered at 11am that day that it was available, but got canceled 3 days later, and they never even sent me an email. I hope this time your orders would go through. Good luck!

UGH!
I placed an order for Kirby Epic Yarn, AC Brotherhood and Black Ops. Just got the cancellation email for Kirby and Brotherhood. >_

I had

Fallout New Vegas - $34.02
EA Sports MMA - $1
and Lips Party Classics (For gf) - $28.08

Her Lips was cancelled. So am I going to get EA and Fallout both for $35? BOGO? If so, she'll be upset but I won't lol

Crap, I ordered 3 games and they cancelled all 3 even though only one of them ran out of stock after I placed my order. I just placed another order substituting a different choice for the third game, so hopefully this one will stick.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Crap, I ordered 3 games and they cancelled all 3 even though only one of them ran out of stock after I placed my order. I just placed another order substituting a different choice for the third game, so hopefully this one will stick.[/QUOTE]
I hope you made sure that the 3rd game was the $1 game.

FYI - the code stacks with the 5 books/guides for $20 deal. Not as hot as when it was 5 for $20 with free shipping, but buying 6 books gives you 4 x $4 and 2 x $1, making the shipping blow a little less, aka 6 for $28.

lol. Browsing and I came accross this. Achievement whores must have made a certain game very rare! :lol:
lolerror.png

[quote name='scarhawk']That sucks. Was Brotherhood the PS3 or 360 version?[/QUOTE]
PS3, although it looks like 360 is gone now too. :(

I got to the last stage of checkout when I noticed the price of my $1 item went back up. Backed up to the cart and it says MM123 has expired. :(
I can't get it to work anymore.

*Edit: Its not showing up on the homepage either. Damn. I finally picked out 5 movies and 7 games I was going to get. But noooo. Gotta expire the code the second I am going to start ordering.

[quote name='Schizophriend']lol. Browsing and I came accross this. Achievement whores must have made a certain game very rare! :lol:
[/QUOTE]
It was twice that much on Amazon the other day. They were selling it for $2000 and had a trade in value of $1000.

[quote name='dino88']It was twice that much on Amazon the other day. They were selling it for $2000 and had a trade in value of $1000.[/QUOTE]
Glitch or is 1000 free achievement points really worth that much?

I can't get the buy 2 get 1 free code to work. I keep getting "Promotion code MM123 has expired". It was working an hour ago. I guess I missed the boat. I was too busy finding a second or third game since majority of good games deals were sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back