goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
Insane prices, how can they possibly make money?

Must be in bulk, because I just created one helluva backlog for myself. I'm done for the year.

Nice opportunity to get some B titles, if you've been eyeing any. Grabbed a whole bunch, keep me plenty busy until Elder Scrolls V and ME3 come out.

[quote name='Junkyard Jeff']Misleading thread title - it's an additional 20% off their already low used prices.[/QUOTE]

It used to say "up to 60% off" but I shortened it to include room for some deal examples.

Been having some problems with GoHastings as of late. They canceled my orders saying there was a lack of stock, but of course you can still purchase it, no big deal there. But they've been holding on to my money for nearly a month now and have only responded to one of my emails, and in the one email they did respond to they ignored my complaint about them still holding onto my money and just gave me the canned response that the order was canceled because they ran out of stock.

[quote name='sandman8288']VERY misleading thread title. This is just 20% off.[/QUOTE]

I guess the deal is "misleading" then, the "up to 60% off" is regular prices I guess.

i've ordered about 8 games from them in the past, and recieved only 5 of them, the missing or cancelled ones all just happened to be one's i got for a dollar. i'm officially done with them.

[quote name='DesertLeo']i've ordered about 8 games from them in the past, and recieved only 5 of them, the missing or cancelled ones all just happened to be one's i got for a dollar. i'm officially done with them.[/QUOTE]

That totally sucks.

I just had one of my games from the B2G1 for $1 canceled, too, but it wasn't the $1 game that got canceled. Super-hope that means I still get the $1 game for $1, otherwise there will be a complaint coming, in addition to a credit card dispute.

Funny thing is, I just re-bought the same canceled game for cheaper. Hope THAT one goes through (it probably will).

Ordered Tenchu: Shadow Assassins for the Wii for $4.04. It was $6.32 with the expedited shipping. Can't beat that.

I would've liked to have gotten Okami for $8 but it's OOS.

I got excited when I saw Folklore on sale, but when I clicked on that link the game is out of stock. I've been looking for this game for awhile now, and I don't even remember when the last time a used copy was in stock.

[quote name='Investor']I got excited when I saw Folklore on sale, but when I clicked on that link the game is out of stock. I've been looking for this game for awhile now, and I don't even remember when the last time a used copy was in stock.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has a few used copies for $10 plus $4 shipping. That's only a dollar more than you would have spent on Hastings. Or you can get a brand new copy from Newegg for $18 with free shipping.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Alan Wake keeps getting cheaper everywhere and I keep coming up with excuses not to get it...so is it worth it for $14 dlvd?[/QUOTE]

It's worth every penny at that price. Fantastic narrative/music/suspense the entire way through.

[quote name='mr_bungle']How do you get the expedited shipping? I put the Saboteur in my cart and faster shipping is $6.28[/QUOTE]

Just check normal shipping (the lowest price) and it's automatic.

Looks like I just ordered the last copy of Lords of Shadows for 360. As soon as I ordered it went OOS :) Maybe gohastings' inventory system is getting better?

Does anyone know how long this will last? I wanna wait until tomorrow to see how much cash I get from selling textbooks back before I start buying stuff.

Well, already, most of the good stuff is gone. 1 or 2 copies pop up every hour or two. But I don't think this will last very long at all and if you order tomorrrow, there's a bigger chance what you want will go OOS.

Some games have recently come into or are listed as "in-stock", but orders for those specific items have been canceled.

In particular, 360 versions of Apache: Air Assault and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. Good luck getting either of those, even if they say "In Stock".

Any else getting an error message when checking out
(Please review errors highlighted below in red.
We had a problem with processing your order. Please contact Guest Service at [email protected] or 877-427-8464.)
Nothing's highlighted in red, I'm trying to buy Black Ops for 360.

[quote name='Final Starman']Any else getting an error message when checking out
(Please review errors highlighted below in red.
We had a problem with processing your order. Please contact Guest Service at [email protected] or 877-427-8464.)
Nothing's highlighted in red, I'm trying to buy Black Ops for 360.[/QUOTE]

Did you click the "I am over 17 box?"

ouch 20% of my order is shipping and tax, im so used to amazon and gamefly with free shipping and minimum/no tax. oh wellz. free rentals of splatterhouse and swfu2 then off for +$3 amazon credit, lol.

Got two more games....i love Hastings!

Wolfenstein

Activision, Inc.
Used - Xbox 360
Discount: One for $6.90
Usually Ships Within 48 Hours.

$8.62
$6.90 1 $6.90
g38887islra.jpg

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

Activision, Inc.
Used - Xbox 360
Discount: One for $7.12
Usually Ships Within 48 Hours

Why is everyone expecting this stuff to get canceled? Their inventory tracker sucks, but this is no glitch or error. Gohastings is easily one of the best online retailers for used games and it is not like this is a glitch or anything like that (and even if it were they have always honored glitch prices anyway).

[quote name='ackbar7']Why is everyone expecting this stuff to get canceled? Their inventory tracker sucks, but this is no glitch or error. Gohastings is easily one of the best online retailers for used games and it is not like this is a glitch or anything like that (and even if it were they have always honored glitch prices anyway).[/QUOTE]

I've personally had 3 orders cancelled over the last sale or two.

Games that say in stock are not and gohastings does not know this until after you order so they just cancel it.

Kevin

[quote name='ackbar7']Why is everyone expecting this stuff to get canceled? Their inventory tracker sucks, but this is no glitch or error. Gohastings is easily one of the best online retailers for used games and it is not like this is a glitch or anything like that (and even if it were they have always honored glitch prices anyway).[/QUOTE]

I don't think people are expecting their stuff to get cancelled because of a glitch or error, they are expecting it to get cancelled because of said crappy inventory tracking. And it's not just expectations, stuff IS getting cancelled...

My one order that got cancelled, two of the games have ships in 48hrs under them when I look at the order status. So I really dont know what to expect. I had 1 game out of 5 get cancelled last week as well.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']I don't think people are expecting their stuff to get cancelled because of a glitch or error, they are expecting it to get cancelled because of said crappy inventory tracking. And it's not just expectations, stuff IS getting cancelled...[/QUOTE]

Exactly this. I've had three items canceled since yesterday.

cant decide....AoT:40th day and dante's inferno from BBV or The Godfather, Mercenaries 2, and Chronicles of Riddick from GH?? Has anyone here played both AoT and The Godfather???

[quote name='merchie89']cant decide....AoT:40th day and dante's inferno from BBV or The Godfather, Mercenaries 2, and Chronicles of Riddick from GH?? Has anyone here played both AoT and The Godfather???[/QUOTE]

My opinion...The Godfather is horrible. Mercenaries 2 is unplayable. Riddick is fantastic. AOT I haven't played yet.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']My opinion...The Godfather is horrible. Mercenaries 2 is unplayable. Riddick is fantastic. AOT I haven't played yet.[/QUOTE]

I only had a few problems when I played Mercenaries 2, I really liked it.

[quote name='Muthafodder']If GoHastings fixed their inventory...they would rule the Internets with their prices.[/QUOTE]Have you seen their system? It's DOS... and their inventory supposedly doesn't update until a clerk physically pulls the game from the shelves and updates their system. In this day and age, it's archaic.

[quote name='guinaevere']Have you seen their system? It's DOS... and their inventory supposedly doesn't update until a clerk physically pulls the game from the shelves and updates their system. In this day and age, it's archaic.[/QUOTE]

No, I've never been in a GoHastings store.
There aren't any in my area.

It's most likely UNIX...looks alot like DOS.

I can imagine though seeing their lack of tracking their inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back