goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pasolini']Is it my imagination or are the prices fluxuating?[/QUOTE]

No, not your imagination, I'd compare if it was listed in the OP before ordering to make sure it's still a "deal."

[quote name='slidecage']all i got to say is #$#$# gohastings they are very rude over the phone.. asked when will i get my money back... whenever the transaction is complete (refused to give a timetable) when i asked to speak to their boss they refused and told me to take it up with paypal and hung up...[/QUOTE]

Is the transaction pending in PayPal though?

You may want to go and read the terms of the payment method you used at PayPal's website.

I'll help you:

6. Preauthorization Holds. When you use your Debit Card to purchase goods or services or to obtain cash from a merchant, the merchant may attempt to obtain preauthorization from us for the transaction. If the merchant makes such a request, we place a 4 Day hold on your Account for the amount of the preauthorization request (which may vary in some cases from the amount of the actual purchase, depending on the merchant). This hold may affect the availability of funds in your Account. We will not be responsible if any transactions are not completed because of the hold. If the preauthorization request varies from the amount of the actual transaction, and in the event that we cannot charge your Backup Funding Source, we will debit the entire transaction amount from your Balance, even if this results in your Balance becoming negative.

I'll explain what that means...GoHastings doesn't have your money. They canceled your order. You will not see the hold (not payment or missing money) removed for four days from the time you placed your order.

PayPal would do the same regardless if GoHastings or YOU canceled the order.

You guys that are freaking out about HOLDS are doing nothing but showing your lack of basic finance 101. Please calm down :)

Good info for the OP!

[quote name='VISCO']damm it my order got canceled.. How long should I give em to refund my account before I call Customer Support :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I'd give them five BUSINESS days.

[quote name='guinaevere']Have you seen their system? It's DOS... and their inventory supposedly doesn't update until a clerk physically pulls the game from the shelves and updates their system. In this day and age, it's archaic.[/QUOTE]

Jesus, are they using Monochrome monitors as well?

My Ys was canceled, as I expected, but I wasn't charged.

[quote name='VaultDweller']so they still my money for 5 days???[/QUOTE]

Nobody has "stole" your money man.

That poor guy you likely gave a hard time is far removed from corporate accounting and or empowered to remove holds on debit cards.

When you ordered online, you allowed them to hold your money in good will that a transaction would be completed. It isn't going to be completed, so the hold will be removed per PayPal's terms or your bank.

They're most certainly using an in-house credit card processing application / vendor to process the actual payment after the order has been finalized, which would have been inside the pre-authorization or hold amount that was previously transacted through their online website.

Take it up with PayPal that they allow 4 business days for businesses to responsibly ensure the transaction is correct, canceled, or modified.

Nothing in business happens instantaneously.
Even if you paid with a credit card and an actual payment processed, it would take days if not weeks for it to process any refund back to your card.
It's actually amazing it happens as fast as it does...
It's foolish to think payment processing is instantaneous.

Trust Me

[quote name='VaultDweller']so they steal my money for 5 days???[/QUOTE]Yes and they're putting it to good use. Don't you worry!

[quote name='scarhawk']Yes and they're putting it to good use. Don't you worry![/QUOTE]

Nooooo, just when I thought I had restored order.

[quote name='pasolini']Is it my imagination or are the prices fluxuating?[/QUOTE]

The prices fluctuate as their stock dwindles. The smaller the amount of stock, the higher the price will go.

If anyone couldn't get in on Dead Rising 2 for the PS3 earlier from GH, might I suggest Play-Asia, where the region free version is $26.80($22.90 base price + $3.90 shipping) shipped to the US?

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-39gj.html

Freaking gohastings froze the money and didnt even process the order. I mean it didnt even complete i have no order history and the fuckers froze my money now ill have to wait a ton of days for the money to be free.

I wouldnt touch this shitty store

[quote name='elpote']Freaking gohastings froze the money and didnt even process the order. I mean it didnt even complete i have no order history and the fuckers froze my money now ill have to wait a ton of days for the money to be free.

I wouldnt touch this shitty store[/QUOTE]

Liar. How is it all this happened 90 minutes after making this post?

[quote name='elpote']I need help from somebody to buy me an order ill pay with paypal ! or with amazon gift card i dont know anything moneybookers. They just won take my prepaid visa card [/QUOTE]

[quote name='elpote']Freaking gohastings froze the money and didnt even process the order. I mean it didnt even complete i have no order history and the fuckers froze my money now ill have to wait a ton of days for the money to be free.

I wouldnt touch this shitty store[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. More for the rest of us.

[quote name='elpote']Freaking gohastings placed an authorization on a my debit card for an order. I'm not aware of how debit cards work so I yell a lot and throw around misplaced blame. When I placed the order and even though it showed up as "In Process" I should have known that an authorization on my card took place...I mean I did just enter the card details when I placed the order moments earlier. I figured they'd just call me so I could OK the purchase when they were ready to ship the order. I guess I'll patiently wait for the hold to fall off per the terms of my bank card. Maybe I should know better than to use debit cards when I don't fully understand how they work. Thanks for listening guys![/QUOTE]

Fixed it for ya, yours had too many grammatical errors :)

[quote name='ackbar7']This thread is totally out of hand[/QUOTE]

Why is that?
For schooling others on basic bank finance?
There's no need for the freak out over holds and authorizations.

Yell all you like about orders getting canceled though...that's deserved.

i tried ordering the games again because they were back in stock....guess what it got cancelled again...now they have over $150 of my money on "hold" for 5 days...:bomb:

[quote name='VaultDweller']i tried ordering the games again because they were back in stock....guess what it got cancelled again...now they have over $150 of my money on "hold" for 5 days...:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Jeez...stop fucking ordering then if you know the likely outcome.

[quote name='VaultDweller']i tried ordering the games again because they were back in stock....guess what it got cancelled again...now they have over $150 of my money on "hold" for 5 days...:bomb:[/QUOTE]
If you were bothered by the hold the first time why did you do it again, when you had to know this was the likely result?

[quote name='Muthafodder']Why is that?
For schooling others on basic bank finance?
There's no need for the freak out over holds and authorizations.

Yell all you like about orders getting canceled though...that's deserved.[/QUOTE]
No, you are the reasonable one here. Getting upset at a retailer for following the process of your own chosen method of payment though? That is fucking insane

All you've been doing is this thread is bitching, saying they're stealing your money and that this is a scam. Then you go and place a new order? People like you shouldn't be allowed on the internet.

edit: Now I know where I remember him from.
[quote name='VaultDweller']incredible glitch, too bad it will be fixed by tomorrow so this deal get a 1 star rating from me....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='leiguan']I have a question, how to get the buy 2 get 1 $1? I added three games but the price are the same. Thanks, guys.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, that ship has sailed.
It ended this past Saturday.

But the current deal is better is you only want one game or don't want two games at the same price.

The current deal also includes free upgrade to expedited shipping when the B2G1 didn't

[quote name='Muthafodder']Sorry, that ship has sailed.

But the current deal is better is you only want one game or don't want two games at the same price.

The current deal also includes free upgrade to expedited shipping when the B2G1 didn't[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot!! Got it!:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='Muthafodder']Sorry, that ship has sailed.

The current deal also includes free upgrade to expedited shipping when the B2G1 didn't[/QUOTE]
The B2G1 did offer a free upgrade to expedited shipping...

[quote name='scarhawk']The B2G1 did offer a free upgrade to expedited shipping...[/QUOTE]

You're right...that's what started this deal rolling

[quote name='Muthafodder']Jeez...stop fucking ordering then if you know the likely outcome.[/QUOTE]
:lol: THIS is why I don't post any GoHastings deal threads anymore, since all they devolve into is people bitching about cancelled orders, their 'omg OUTRAGEOUS SHIPPING COSTS' and any number of other things.

It's usually pretty funny to read, since it's almost always the same people. They can't get it through their thick skulls that Hastings doesn't ship these games from some centralized warehouse, but rather that they ship from individual stores, which is why they charge for shipping multiple times.

They also can't wrap their tiny little minds around the fact that not every retailers' inventory updates in real time and that they should ORDER EARLY if they expect to get one of these games for these blowout prices.;)

So while some of the major bitching may be done, some of the worst is yet to come. That being from the people who will come in on the last day of the sale and go 'zomg there's nothing in stock, I just wasted 30 milliseconds of my time looking for something to buy, Hastings owes me $1 billion space dollars for my valuable time I just spent on their crappy site'.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: THIS is why I don't post any GoHastings deal threads anymore, since all they devolve into is people bitching about cancelled orders, their 'omg OUTRAGEOUS SHIPPING COSTS' and any number of other things.

It's usually pretty funny to read, since it's almost always the same people. They can't get it through their thick skulls that Hastings doesn't ship these games from some centralized warehouse, but rather that they ship from individual stores, which is why they charge for shipping multiple times.

They also can't wrap their tiny little minds around the fact that not every retailers' inventory updates in real time and that they should ORDER EARLY if they expect to get one of these games for these blowout prices.;)

So while some of the major bitching may be done, some of the worst is yet to come. That being from the people who will come in on the last day of the sale and go 'zomg there's nothing in stock, I just wasted 30 milliseconds of my time looking for something to buy, Hastings owes me $1 billion space dollars for my valuable time I just spent on their crappy site'.[/QUOTE]

im #$#$#$# cause i ordered my game at 1125 am est time sunday... the game was on the Website up to 7pm est time SHOWING IN STOCK... if you dont call that BS i dont know what is

[quote name='slidecage']im #$#$#$# cause i ordered my game at 1125 am est time sunday... the game was on the Website up to 7pm est time SHOWING IN STOCK... if you dont call that BS i dont know what is[/QUOTE]
I don't believe their inventory thing updates on the weekend, so that may be your problem right there.

Either way......BREATHE. In and out, in and out. No game is worth giving yourself a heart attack over, no matter how cheap. Especially since you'll probably be bitching about finding it CHEAPER in another month if Hastings actually ships your order here.

THIS is why I don't post any GoHastings deal threads anymore, since all they devolve into is people bitching about cancelled orders, their 'omg OUTRAGEOUS SHIPPING COSTS' and any number of other things.

With all due respect, I don't think I've EVER seen a post of yours that didn't involve a complaint or a (re)statement of things you don't like... you're probably the last person i would expect to take issue when people piss and moan.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']With all due respect, I don't think I've EVER seen a post of yours that didn't involve a complaint or a (re)statement of things you don't like... you're probably the last person i would expect to take issue when people piss and moan.[/QUOTE]
But he generally doesn't bitch about deals that others post. He mostly bitches and moans about people bitching and moaning about stuff that has been covered all ready.

I'd actually prefer that they DO continue crying in all of these Hastings threads to scare more people away from ordering from them since Hastings always has the best deals on used games that always come in excellent condition.

Let them go back to sending in fruit juice UPCs and chasing tales of Target clearance that doesn't actually exist.

[quote name='ackbar7']But he generally doesn't bitch about deals that others post. He mostly bitches and moans about people bitching and moaning about stuff that has been covered all ready.[/QUOTE]
You forgot that I bitch about firmware updates to my PS3 as well.;)

Ordered Kirbys Epic Yarn, Heavenly Sword, and Darksiders.

Kirbys Epic Yarn and Heavenly Sword canceled two days later. So I just canceled the whole order. Darksiders was at $13. Not worth it with shipping and tax.

you know youre outta control with video game buying when you almost buy a game that you already have not knowing that you have it...i bought chains of olympus last week at gs, and almost just bought it from go hastings. i completely forgot that i had bought it wow

[quote name='uthoria']Do they send out an email when an order is they canceled?[/QUOTE]

Yes, should also be evident in your order history.

[quote name='gorebago']Do they charge you as soon as you order or when it ships?[/QUOTE]

When it ships. Or should I say "if it ships...."

[quote name='angsto2']When it ships. Or should I say "if it ships...."[/QUOTE]

That's funny...I read that and laughed.
Then saw your Avatar...and imagined that would be something they would say, and laughed even harder.

In that different light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back