GoHastings NEW ME Trilogy; AoT The Devil's Cartel; NFS Most Wanted LE $22.27 Shipped

You know, while they might still be stubborn about this, math easily shows why $39.99 isn't the correct price--it's included in the 50% off sale, so that means the MSRP for ME Trilogy is $79.99, right...? :roll:

[quote name='paayter']y dont u call?[/QUOTE]

I guess it doesn't occur to you that I might be at work at the time and was unable to?

I just received another email from them, after claiming that they were false advertising and that I would never purchase from them again, that the products were on sale at the 19.99 price point and to go ahead and order and they will refund me the difference tomorrow.

They said that the employees who work on the site have the day off and can't fix it until tomorrow. So far, their statements have conflicted and I'm just going to stay away from them as a buyer.

[quote name='BottleRocket']I just received another email from them, after claiming that they were false advertising and that I would never purchase from them again, that the products were on sale at the 19.99 price point and to go ahead and order and they will refund me the difference tomorrow.

They said that the employees who work on the site have the day off and can't fix it until tomorrow. So far, their statements have conflicted and I'm just going to stay away from them as a buyer.[/QUOTE]

LOL. They advertise a 2-day sale, botch it online, and then conveniently can't fix it until the sale is over. Well done! :applause:

Not trying to make anyone upset, but i can confirm that the sale is live in stores. I got Mass effect Trilogy and NFS Most wated Limited edition for $43.28 after taxes. Thanks OP!

[quote name='jaimefbh']Not trying to make anyone upset, but i can confirm that the sale is live in stores. I got Mass effect Trilogy and NFS Most wated Limited edition for $43.28 after taxes. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Well now go back, pick up a PS3 ME for me and whatever everyone else wanted!

[quote name='Vigilante']You know, while they might still be stubborn about this, math easily shows why $39.99 isn't the correct price--it's included in the 50% off sale, so that means the MSRP for ME Trilogy is $79.99, right...? :roll:[/QUOTE]

While I don't condone or excuse their actions, in all fairness the online ad does state "Up to 50% off" and "25-50% off", not "50% off". So, it could be that these games were meant to be $39.99. Just saying it could be an honest mistake.

[quote name='esquire']While I don't condone or excuse their actions, in all fairness the online ad does state "Up to 50% off" and "25-50% off", not "50% off". So, it could be that these games were meant to be $39.99. Just saying it could be an honest mistake.[/QUOTE]

What everyone's irritated about is that they had it multiple places on their website the price that people found it in store and on the sale page.

this is hilarious.... so their sale price for ME is the new msrp?? wow! what a deal!

gohastings is shady as hell. how longs this go through. i wanted to try pming at BBY

[quote name='Kenshindono']this is hilarious.... so their sale price for ME is the new msrp?? wow! what a deal!

gohastings is shady as hell. how longs this go through. i wanted to try pming at BBY[/QUOTE]

Its over tomorrow. I don't have positive things to say about this situation.

[quote name='BottleRocket']Its over tomorrow. I don't have positive things to say about this situation.[/QUOTE]

I just find it ridiculous that the price would be everywhere you can find the item, except on the item's page and yet they won't honor it.

[quote name='BottleRocket']Its over tomorrow. I don't have positive things to say about this situation.[/QUOTE]

These prices should actually be good through the 1st per the weekly ad at the bottom of the page. The memorial day sale is seperate. Hastings does have some crazy stock situation where they pull items from store shelves to fill online orders. Because of this they will so etimes sell things they don't actually have.

[quote name='ghostsong']These prices should actually be good through the 1st per the weekly ad at the bottom of the page. The memorial day sale is seperate. Hastings does have some crazy stock situation where they pull items from store shelves to fill online orders. Because of this they will so etimes sell things they don't actually have.[/QUOTE]

My problem is that customer service over the phone and through email, initially denied even having a sale and talked to me like an idiot.
I thought the EA sale was only part of the Memorial day sale, but if its for the week, then hopefully the sale is fixed.

[quote name='ghostsong']These prices should actually be good through the 1st per the weekly ad at the bottom of the page. The memorial day sale is seperate. Hastings does have some crazy stock situation where they pull items from store shelves to fill online orders. Because of this they will so etimes sell things they don't actually have.[/QUOTE]

Too bad the weekly ad doesn't have any actual prices, then they'd really be in an interesting position.

this is hilarious.... so their sale price for ME is the new msrp?? wow! what a deal!

I've seen Game Stop have "sales" like these many, many times before:bs:

[quote name='amusedtoe']I guess I'll email them at least and complain since the "sale" page is still up, doesn't hurt I suppose.[/QUOTE]
I emailed them sunday about the issue and this was the response I got monday morning.

Hello Hastings Customer:

Thank you for your concern regarding the prices of our products listed on our website. I apologize for any confusion that you may be experiencing.
When viewing the listings on the landing page, a basic price is listed. Once the item is selected and you are on the item page, you will be asked to choose a format which can change the price from what you saw on the landing page. The website is updated frequently to ensure proper pricing. All attempts are made to ensure proper pricing but if a product appears higher than normal, the price should correct itself by the next day.

If you need anything further please don't hesitate to contact us. Otherwise, no response is needed

Funny The Sims 3 games are listed (or most of them) at being on sale for $9.99 but when you go to the page it says they're like $16.47.

[quote name='Troutyogurt']I emailed them sunday about the issue and this was the response I got monday morning.[/QUOTE]

OMG, that's the exact same form letter I got verbatim. Wish I lived in a state where there was one of these dumps so I could just go try and get it PM'd.

Yay! Just ordered the Trilogy for PS3 :D For some silly reason, I sold my original copy awhile back. So glad to be able to get it for cheap :bouncy:

Has anyone ever tried to price match GoHastings at Best Buy in-store? Wondering if it would be a waste of time to even try or if it has at least been hit or miss.

I was planning on picking up ME3 sometime to play some coop with some friends. I might as well just get this, I guess.

[quote name='QuarterRoy00']Has anyone ever tried to price match GoHastings at Best Buy in-store? Wondering if it would be a waste of time to even try or if it has at least been hit or miss.[/QUOTE]

I've never price matched them in-store. But I have twice over the phone with no problems.

Yep just got an email from GH and afterwards checked the website.

My cart now shows the correct $19.99 price. :)

Thanks OP.

anyone else have an issue with your shipping address not showing up properly after using paypal? it knocks off my last name and apartment number. even though the billing address shows correctly, and paypal has the proper address.

[quote name='vashtheowner']Is Army of Two worth $20? I enjoyed the other 2 but looking at the ratings makes me wonder about it.[/QUOTE] It doesn't look as fun or as dumb(witty) as the last two, I have a feeling it'll be cheaper used from Gamefly this year, but it'll probably have a banged up disc.

I'm really torn on this one and NFS because I know it'll just be more backlog fodder. ME trilogy is a killer deal though.

Couldnt resist on ME Trilogy even tho I have a bunch of games to play. Man I need to get away from this site until I clear my backlog.

Damnit, that is a steal for ME Trilogy, but I'm honestly not sure if I would really like the game tbh. I hear it is amazing, yet I just don't usually click well with "sci-fi space themed" games.

[quote name='Refluxx']Damnit, that is a steal for ME Trilogy, but I'm honestly not sure if I would really like the game tbh. I hear it is amazing, yet I just don't usually click well with "sci-fi space themed" games.[/QUOTE]

You can trade it in to Amazon for $25, so even if you don't like it you can still make a profit on it.

any chance Amazon will price match this? I'd like to use some saved up credit, but don't want to miss out of the deal either.

Alright! got Mass effect trilogy for 22 and change.

I guess customer service was right in saying to wait a day or two for prices to change.

thanks op! snagged 2x 360 (x1 for myself and a friend) and x1 ps3 version for myself.

that is one heck of a deal - surprised it wasn't immediately sold out.

bread's done
Back