Goozex - 50% off $15+ trade credits packs (Feb 7th - 21st)

wow i remember when i was one of the first few on this site trying to get people in the goozex community over a year ago...how far its come now...oh and good looking out sign me up for a batch of credits too!

I don't know what people are doing up there in the 100s for trades, I rarely ship out anything less than 300 pts, just a wase of pts. It's fun to see Uncharted at 1,000 pts still. I may as well unload this!

Also the new my message function at the top right corner is ok, but Goozex should fix this by putting a flashing new PM message or something. It really pisses me off when they don't reply

I went ahead and bought 30 trade credits. They should last me for the rest of the year, and when you think about it, $15 for a year of goozex isn't bad at all.

Also grabbed 30 credits. Should last me a while.

Also, I don't mind shipping out 100 point games, but they need to be dirt cheap to start with. Like the 100 point copy of the Urbz I am sending out, cost me $1, and bought it (Well, 6 copies of it) at the same time as some other stuff.

30 credits, thanks! A great way to complement all the games I've been sending out for 500-600 points apiece that I picked up for $5-$7.50 at the BBV B1G1.

Regarding 100-point games...I started out by sending lots of these out. Most of them were PSX games I got for $0.45 at the GS clearance, and, being disc-only, cost about $1.50 to ship. 100 points for $2 wasn't bad, but I've since moved on to bigger and better.

[quote name='CaoPi']I don't know what people are doing up there in the 100s for trades, I rarely ship out anything less than 300 pts, just a wase of pts. It's fun to see Uncharted at 1,000 pts still. I may as well unload this!

Also the new my message function at the top right corner is ok, but Goozex should fix this by putting a flashing new PM message or something. It really pisses me off when they don't reply[/quote]

I tend not to ship out 100 games much anymore mainly because I don't have them anymore. Space is at a premium for video games at my house by decree of Mrs. kevlar51. So Goozex was great for getting rid of these cheaper titles.

It's smart for newer users to put these up for trade, as a 100 point game trades considerably faster than a 150 point game due to the new-user 100-point bonus (which I think ends this week). This gets your feedback score up quicker, so you'll get your points up quicker and will open up more trade slots.

[quote name='jfuze']I didnt want to start a new thread,... but could someone explain to me how Goozex works? Im a little confused.[/QUOTE]

Now is a good time to get started if you have some games you want to get rid of. It doesn't cost anything but shipping to get rid of your games but I would buy some trade credits during the special.

List the games you want to get rid of, if they are any good they will go quickly and you will have a good deal of points to start spending on getting games in.

After you list the games to get rid of, build the list of games you want. You will get messages that you would have had a match if you had points, but you have to not worry about that until after you send some games out.

After you have sent a couple games and gotten 1 or 2 games you will be very comfortable with how it works. Goozex has been very responsive when it comes to people not sending games or defective games and things like that so don't worry about getting scammed, if you get a defect or nothing at all, goozex will give you back your points.

It really can't be any easier.

OMG....

Got matched up for a game like Jan 26th... Goozex auto ships stating the 29th.

Finally got a PM back stating he WON'T be able to send it till Saturday.... 2 weeks even after he should have.

There HAS to be some type of penalty for users that don't ship on time.

This isn't ebay where you can be swamped, most have 3-5 trades and could easily ship. I just don't understand these slow people.

Goozex needs to force people to ship, that's why the system is slow, people on shipping when they should.

Most likely I'll still be able to get that game before the end of the Negative ... and reverse it.... but to what...

"This Goozex user ships freaking slow as snails" -5 to their feedback.

but no... no option there.

I am understandable about a 100 point game... it's nothing, but this was considerably more. plus it ties up one of my trade slots and slows the game collecting down.

I guess I'll have to be more patient... for month long wait fests. (Every single game I have sent out has been with DC and shipped within 3 days. It's not that fucking hard.)

Thanks for explaining it to me.

I added 4-5 games to my "Offered" games list. CoD4 for example... it says "Long Wait" under position. Does that mean there are a ton of people trying to trade it before I can trade it?

[quote name='xycury']OMG....

Finally got a PM back stating he WON'T be able to send it till Saturday.... 2 weeks even after he should have.

There HAS to be some type of penalty for users that don't ship on time.

This isn't ebay where you can be swamped, most have 3-5 trades and could easily ship. I just don't understand these slow people.

Goozex needs to force people to ship, that's why the system is slow, people on shipping when they should.

Most likely I'll still be able to get that game before the end of the Negative ... and reverse it.... but to what...

"This Goozex user ships freaking slow as snails" -5 to their feedback.

but no... no option there.

I am understandable about a 100 point game... it's nothing, but this was considerably more. plus it ties up one of my trade slots and slows the game collecting down.

I guess I'll have to be more patient... for month long wait fests. (Every single game I have sent out has been with DC and shipped within 3 days. It's not that fucking hard.)[/quote]

Well aren't you just a little ball of righteous anger. Goozex isn't meant to be a retail shopping experience. For that, go to Wal Mart.

[quote name='jfuze']Thanks for explaining it to me.

I added 4-5 games to my "Offered" games list. CoD4 for example... it says "Long Wait" under position. Does that mean there are a ton of people trying to trade it before I can trade it?[/quote]

Yeah, but to get a better idea of how many people really are in front of you, click on the trading info links. COD4 still trades pretty regularly so you should probably get matched to send it out within 2 weeks, and I'd say that's conservative.

Glorious. I'm a new user on Goozex and I was looking to get me some trade credit. Now I just need to stop being lazy and get me some damn bubble mailers.

[quote name='Forbesania']Well aren't you just a little ball of righteous anger. Goozex isn't meant to be a retail shopping experience. For that, go to Wal Mart.[/quote]

And I wouldn't want it to be, but if Goozex specifies that you will ship it within 1 to 3 days... and you don't do it till I PM you, and you state that you won't for another 3 freaking days.... that's after waiting 3 damn weeks for it.

I'm not stating that they should send out in 1 day... hell I would say 5 days is fine, but two weeks no communication, no nothing and I'd still have to wait longer because he stated he won't even do it till the weekend.

and the only excuse is "I'm LAZY".

come on...

That is the only entire thing that I can see that could be changed, if people don't send out games, the trading stops.... it's a defacto standard of what Goozex machine runs on...

I didn't say in Goozex that "I want the game but I don't want you to send it to me" option...

nope, I looked again... didn't see that option. :roll:

So, with 5000 points and 30 trade credits, I figured it was a great time to start adding 100-pointers to my list. Little cheapies from the last gen that I'd never spend actual money on, but for points, why not? There are a lot of GBA games that I wouldn't mind owning complete (and good luck finding anything with a box or manual at Gamestop!) that are dirt cheap on Goozex...

And that's how I found the cap.

Apparently, you can't have more than 200 games in your request list at any given time. ;)

[quote name='xycury']And I wouldn't want it to be, but if Goozex specifies that you will ship it within 1 to 3 days... and you don't do it till I PM you, and you state that you won't for another 3 freaking days.... that's after waiting 3 damn weeks for it.

I'm not stating that they should send out in 1 day... hell I would say 5 days is fine, but two weeks no communication, no nothing and I'd still have to wait longer because he stated he won't even do it till the weekend.

come on...

That is the only entire thing that I can see that could be changed, if people don't send out games, the trading stops.... it's a defacto standard of what Goozex machine runs on...

I didn't say in Goozex that "I want the game but I don't want you to send it to me" option...

nope, I looked again... didn't see that option. :roll:[/quote]

Your broad generalizations are not indicative of the community as a whole. I agree that good communication is key, but members are allotted 26 days (or thereabouts) to get the game to you. Odds are, most will arrive in less than half that time, some will take longer. Many different types of people use the site, not just the unemployed.

Also, you keep saying that "Goozex" is sending you messages. While they do send out some things from their HQ occasionally, I hope you realize that individual members make up the bulk of the transactions conducted, and behavior is idiosyncratic. As long as people are following the terms of use, I'd suggest attempting a little more patience. If you can't muster that up, use half.com or amazon, though you will run into similar time frames there as well.

Maybe this just isn't for you.

[quote name='xycury']And I wouldn't want it to be, but if Goozex specifies that you will ship it within 1 to 3 days... and you don't do it till I PM you, and you state that you won't for another 3 freaking days.... that's after waiting 3 damn weeks for it.

come on...

nope, I looked again... didn't see that option. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Complaints about shipping on goozex are probably better off on the goozex forums, not in a deal thread about goozex points.

For anyone still confused about goozex I can offer this simple comparison as a relatively new (and very satisfied user)

Most trade sites - you want a game, you have a game. YOu need to find someone who
1. wants your game
2. is willing to trade the game you want
3. has a good rep

goozex is very different. they do not do 1-1 matching
1. you put up games you want to trade
2. you list games you want

goozex software matches you to distinct buyers and sellers. Goozex "point" = 1 point for 1 "buy". the point is the cost of the service of goozex finding BOTH a buyer and a seller for your big ass list.

I have been dumping a lot of 100-200pt games. For me it is worth it because those games were sitting on my shelf doing nothing. I only dump games I amd 99.9% done with. While it's nice to have 200 XBOX1 games sitting on my book shelf, 170 of them are games I will likely never touch.

I was all "hmm I'm interested in Neverwinter Nights 2" So I dump 6 100pt games that I have no interest in, someone else gets to play them. Then I get a "like new" copy of NWN2 complete w/ book and CD key in tact.

For me, that is a good deal. I don't mind shipping out games at $1.90 each So for ~ $12 cost to me, I got to
1. receive a Like New mint condition game I want
2. got rid of my old games I did not want
3. increased my trader reputation which allows me to buy and sell more

However as many other CAGs have mentioned, goozex is a fantastic service for those interested in "flipping"

Me, I work all day and don't have the time to flip. I also live in CA so sales tax here is a real pain. Gas is expensive here, and stores near my like BB/target/CC etc.. have terrible deals compared to other parts of the country.

For me, flipping here would require a lot of Ebay so I dont bother. But if you have the time and know how, you can flip on goozex and make money. You wont get money from goozex, but you can maximize your dollar via ebay or other sale sites.

Now if you sign up to Goozex expecting to get Fallout 3 5 days after release for $1, that aint gonna happen

As others mentioned, if you want INSTANT gratification, you need to shop retail or ebay or whatever.

Trading, by it's very nature is about patience and persistence.

I stand corrected, apparently now Goozex is offering NEW GAMES for points (via 3rd party)
here are the details

Get more value from your points!

Welcome to the Goozex Exchange!
Here you can find great products that you can purchase with your Goozex points. Now you can use your points for more than just trading games!

F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin

Platform: Xbox 360
Release date: February 10, 2009

Price: 1600 Points

get it now!

Platform: PlayStation 3

get it now!

Platform: PC Games

get it now!

Killzone 2

Release date: February 27, 2009
Pre-order now!

get it now!

Street Fighter IV

Platform: Xbox 360
Release date: February 17, 2009
Pre-order now!

get it now!

Street Fighter IV

Release date: February 17, 2009
Pre-order now!

get it now!

How it works: The Goozex Exchange allows you to order products from Goozex and pay for them with your Goozex points. When you place an order for a product, Goozex will deduct the specified amount of points from your account and will make the purchase order for you. All products will be shipped to the address you have on file with Goozex at the time of purchase. No fees are required. Just pay with your Goozex points!

Please note: By confirming the purchase of any product you implicitly authorize Goozex, Inc. to provide your name, email, and home address on file at the time of purchase to a third party supplier, for the purpose of executing and managing your order.

Products available as long as supply lasts. Limit of only one game purchase per Goozex member.

[quote name='xycury']OMG....

[/quote]

The system isn't perfect. No system where you have a random person shipping a product to another random person ever is. That said, I've had mostly great experiences with Goozex. Sure from time to time you get some bone head who either doesn't ship the game, or delays and delays, but that's a very rare experience IMO. 90% of the time the person gets the game out and I have it within 7 business days. That's about as good as can be expected. In the off chance they don't ship it out, you simply leave negative feedback and they refund your credits, no harm done.

If you want instant gratification with 0 chance of things going a little wrong, then go to GameStop, these peer to peer trading sites just aren't for you, which is totally fine. Just set your expectations right, and you'll get a lot of good deals on Goozex.

[quote name='Forbesania']Your broad generalizations are not indicative of the community as a whole. I agree that good communication is key, but members are allotted 26 days (or thereabouts) to get the game to you. Odds are, most will arrive in less than half that time, some will take longer. Many different types of people use the site, not just the unemployed.

Also, you keep saying that "Goozex" is sending you messages. While they do send out some things from their HQ occasionally, I hope you realize that individual members make up the bulk of the transactions conducted, and behavior is idiosyncratic. As long as people are following the terms of use, I'd suggest attempting a little more patience. If you can't muster that up, use half.com or amazon, though you will run into similar time frames there as well.

Maybe this just isn't for you.[/quote]

Irony that you are blaiming me when you are doing it instead.

The person litterly told me so. I don't know how you can get that any clearer.

Goozex's accept a trade, states that I will ship in 1 day or 3 days, not 3 weeks.

Simple enough if people can't ship, on a trading site, doesn't that make the overall experience degrade?

It's not just the matching up. I'm not complaining about it. It's AFTER a trade has been accepted.

Goozex needs to change it to....

I accept the Trade

I will ship within 1 week

I will ship within 3 weeks AUTO PM PERSON STATING THIS.

Goozex expecting to get Fallout 3 5 days after release

I am not getting new games at all... and I don't expect anything Instant.

What's instant..... like getting a game accepted in a month?

Maybe I do need to grow my patience and expect people to go SLOWER than Media mail.

I have had 16 games come in from all cateogries and all were at my door in less than 3 weeks.

I don't mind at all if it takes awhile, just expect a note if you really don't bother in shipping out the item till 3 weeks later.

[quote name='charlescheese']The system isn't perfect. No system where you have a random person shipping a product to another random person ever is. That said, I've had mostly great experiences with Goozex. Sure from time to time you get some bone head who either doesn't ship the game, or delays and delays, but that's a very rare experience IMO. 90% of the time the person gets the game out and I have it within 7 business days. That's about as good as can be expected. In the off chance they don't ship it out, you simply leave negative feedback and they refund your credits, no harm done.

If you want instant gratification with 0 chance of things going a little wrong, then go to GameStop, these peer to peer trading sites just aren't for you, which is totally fine. Just set your expectations right, and you'll get a lot of good deals on Goozex.[/quote]

I don't want INSTANT!... really that's not the case.

I just don't want to wait 3 weeks, pm a person "Where is it?", they respond... "I'm Lazy, I didn't send it".

In Goozex, it states that Shipped on January 22, 2009

I just want people to be honest and PM if they didn't/couldn't/won't. Respect in the system and any problem really won't be a problem.

I have had a case where I PM'd in about 7 days to Neg, and they responded that they had a wedding (congrats) and couldn't send it out till a bit later, and I replied that I'll mark it Neg and you just reply back stating that you sent it and Goozex will give me another week, the game came and I gave him glowing positive feedback.

Efficiency & honesty is all anyone should expect. If the guy PM'd me first, I wouldn't have cared and waited.

^You really need to get a grip buddy (or maybe a job?). Haha, I "broadly generalized" you.

Goozex works for most of us, while you are special. Tool.

edit: Also, xycury, after reading over your comments again, it occurred to me that English isn't your first language. Your exasperation and frustrations would likely be more clear in your native tongue.

Rest of the board: Sorry, I just can't stand internet tantrums like this fellow is throwing, and it makes me act rude.

[quote name='expane']
I have been dumping a lot of 100-200pt games. For me it is worth it because those games were sitting on my shelf doing nothing. I only dump games I amd 99.9% done with. While it's nice to have 200 XBOX1 games sitting on my book shelf, 170 of them are games I will likely never touch.

I was all "hmm I'm interested in Neverwinter Nights 2" So I dump 6 100pt games that I have no interest in, someone else gets to play them. Then I get a "like new" copy of NWN2 complete w/ book and CD key in tact.

For me, that is a good deal. I don't mind shipping out games at $1.90 each So for ~ $12 cost to me, I got to
1. receive a Like New mint condition game I want
2. got rid of my old games I did not want
3. increased my trader reputation which allows me to buy and sell more

As others mentioned, if you want INSTANT gratification, you need to shop retail or ebay or whatever.

Trading, by it's very nature is about patience and persistence.[/quote]

http://cgi.ebay.com/Neverwinter-Nig...5615&_trksid=p4295.c0.m312&_trkparms=240:1318

You could have instead kept all those games, saved yourself the time of shipping them, and got instant gratification by buying NWN2 for $13 new. And you ended up paying ~$13 for that used copy of NWN2 when you factor in paying for the trade credit. Just saying.

;)

[quote name='xycury']Irony that you are blaiming me when you are doing it instead.[/quote]

You're proving everybody in this thread right by trolling as hard as you possibly fucking can, and we're all laughing at you. Not WITH you, definately AT you, because you're making yourself look silly.

Life happens, nobody's perfect, and things get in the way. Quit bitching or leave Goozex.

Now, back on topic -- does Goozex ever have point + credit combo pack sales? Or anything besides just trade credit?

Goozex is a great system.

Obviously pointing out some flaws with people, makes me the bad guy.

I wouldn't mind Goozex to change the, "I will ship within 1 Day" to state "I will ship within 1 Week"... and the other option to be "Within 3 weeks". It would be true for the last few trades that I've seen. Guess the 16 people before me have been spoiling me. How rude of them.

Frankly my patience has been tested, and I need to wait more. That I understand now.

Forbesania: You have acted rude and I do have a job, obviously didn't get your generalizations you were making. People with jobs can have time to ship a game in a normal amount of time.

jaysapathy: Indeed it does seem I have 'trolled'. I just expected the system to follow how it was setup, and people to follow that system. That's not the case, this is where people will ship whenever they feel like it with no reguard to how the system is run.

There is nothing I can take or would take back since my gripe is of two people not directly at Goozex system nor at any CAGs here.

If people can't ship an item, how hard is it to send a PM?

[quote name='jaysapathy']
Now, back on topic -- does Goozex ever have point + credit combo pack sales? Or anything besides just trade credit?[/quote]

Goozex had started a sale with Gift cards a week before xmas? that could be redeemed by the same account that purchased them.

I only had started in Summer so I don't know of any other sales.

But that sale had Trade Credits and a bit of points for >25% off. I think there was one that was up to 50% of the cost.

I don't know if they will do another sale next year, would be nice, or if they had any other sale inbetween.

I agree, if you cant send in a resonable time then dont accept the trade, 3 weeks is way too long the guy is right, but such is the life when your dealing with anon asshats on the internet, sometimes you get that one that just doesnt give a crap. But back on topic 1600pts for a new game? That sounds interesting, maybe if you can get a few cheapy 1000pt games you can get some new ones for cheap, SFIV here I come thanks for posting that!

edit: gah the offer is done with, it was limited to 50 orders....booo

I've gotten every game I've received in a week or less. Sounds like he just has bad luck.

But yes, people should accept the trade if they can't ship it out within the 3 days. I've let some expire when I was traveling and had forgot to set vacation mode.

[quote name='expane']I stand corrected, apparently now Goozex is offering NEW GAMES for points (via 3rd party)
here are the details[/QUOTE]

I saw that in the Newsletter yesterday (which I opened as soon as it came as the notification popped up) and they were already gone.

Apparently they only took 50 orders. Hopefully they'll do this more in the future--but maybe they were just trying to get some points out of circulation as they realized there were too many points in the system from the half off sale on points and too few games in circulation.

1600 points for a game isn't a good deal as it's $80 worth of points, but I still would have gotten Fear 2. As I said before I have 8900 points and I don't like having that high of a balance. It's a lot of money tied up in worthless points if the site would happen to go under. Not that I see that happening any time soon since they're opening a European version of Goozex--which would indicate that they're doing pretty well.

I know my concerns aren’t original but selling points and trade credits at a discount, selling games outright, and ridiculous wait times on newer games is making me nervous. I also think some of the point values need serious adjustment (for ex. Soulcalibur IV is 900 points and was $19.99 new at Radioshack not too long ago, Burnout Paradise is 200 points and was $19.99 new at Amazon not too long ago).

[quote name='Vegan']Damn, people, calm down. What the hell happened to this simple deal thread?[/quote]

I concur. Let keep it on topic. There is another Goozex thread around here somewhere for discussion on the service itself. Thanks!

Still debating on whether to take the plunge on this deal. I'll probably wait until the day before the offer ends. Maybe some point values will drop by then.

hey did any of you remember Madtrader.com ? it was around in 2000 I don't know if it was just through aol or what but they lasted like a year and then was gone, and I lost alot of points with them, but I love goozex and It has alot more users and seems alot more stable.

[quote name='Aleman']http://cgi.ebay.com/Neverwinter-Nig...5615&_trksid=p4295.c0.m312&_trkparms=240:1318

You could have instead kept all those games, saved yourself the time of shipping them, and got instant gratification by buying NWN2 for $13 new. And you ended up paying ~$13 for that used copy of NWN2 when you factor in paying for the trade credit. Just saying.

;)[/QUOTE]

I actually got NWN2 *Gold* forgot to mention that(includes expansion)... $30 on ebay
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=Neverwinter+Nights+2+gold

I swore off ebay years ago tho

3 weeks to ship? That's insane. I could see 3 days or 5 days...but really, apart from the issue of weekends (if the request comes in Friday night, you have till Sunday to ship, since I don't think it takes into account weekends), it's not a big deal. I almost always ship things that day, if the request is made before say 8 PM, or the next day, and I think I've gotten everything within a week. They're games, they're not much to ship first class and they do move pretty fast.
I'm not a fan of ebay anymore either, really, although I did get afew things for CHristmas presents.

I don't disagree that the point values should be a little more dynamic, but I also wouldn't peg them to sales with a very short lifespan like some of Amazon's sales, or of limited availability like Radio Shack or Circuit City sales.

I'm also not sure selling a 100 point game is worth it...that's five bucks "worth", and by the time you ship (my shipping including DC has run right around 2 bucks) and add in mailer costs (up to 50 cents unless you reuse or get a deal), you're only netting 2 bucks or so on the game. But then again, that 100 point game is probably worth nothing at tradein, and most of them are common enough you'd have trouble netting more than 5 bucks on ebay or amazon anyway.

This probally doesn't belong here but - Goozex has changed the points value of many games. For the most part they have all been increased. Normally they send an e-mail when they do this but this time they didn't.

I think they change them weekly (which is fine, if it's using a "list and wait" model I wouldn't want them to change every day), and I actually have been getting "Price changed" emails. Got one about an hour ago, 4 games changed, 2 up 50, 2 down 50.

I received the flux-point email. Looked sexy. A little pissed off that some of the Xbox1 games just went up in points, as I'd just requsted them. Their system has a lot of flaws that need to be addressed..

[quote name='3extremes']This probally doesn't belong here but - Goozex has changed the points value of many games. For the most part they have all been increased. Normally they send an e-mail when they do this but this time they didn't.[/QUOTE]

if you watch the pattern you can very easy find out what days the pts change.

i have been watching it since Last march and know the day everytime besides once (wheen they did a price changed twice in a week)

go back and check your emails and you will see the pattern and when the next price change will come

Do the points ever change by more than +/- 50? Because Civilization Revolution 360 @ 1000 points needs a major drop.

[quote name='Aleman']Do the points ever change by more than +/- 50? Because Civilization Revolution 360 @ 1000 points needs a major drop.[/quote]

I've only seen one of my requests go up 100 just once, so they aren't restricted by just doing 50's... it's only about 2.50 anyways at that point.

I don't worry about the 50's so much. they seem to drop them more.

[quote name='3extremes']This probally doesn't belong here but - Goozex has changed the points value of many games. For the most part they have all been increased. Normally they send an e-mail when they do this but this time they didn't.[/quote]

Eventually I also got the flux-point email. There was a pretty long delay from when the points changed until I got the e-mail. I don't know if this is always the case. I guess I have to check the site more to prevent trades at higher than expected point values.

I will look for the pattern thanks for the tip slidecage.

Well, I jumped in and ordered a pack of trades. Time to activate some stuff.

Apparently you can only have 100 games in your hold list. :(

so how exactly does this work? i signed up for goozex a few months ago, had that 100 points they give to new users and requested legend of dragoon and got it. and this deal is for trade credits right? so what exactly is the difference between credits and points? i see how most cheap cheap games at the minimum are 100-150 points, but how do the credits figure into it all? i guess im trying to figure out for a game, usually how many credits are needed. im just confused! like the 30 credits for 15 bucks, if i bought the credits and added a game to my list without having any points, how would that work? because all i ever see on the for sale is how many points.

[quote name='xxtrophyscarsxx']so how exactly does this work? i signed up for goozex a few months ago, had that 100 points they give to new users and requested legend of dragoon and got it. and this deal is for trade credits right? so what exactly is the difference between credits and points? i see how most cheap cheap games at the minimum are 100-150 points, but how do the credits figure into it all? i guess im trying to figure out for a game, usually how many credits are needed. im just confused! like the 30 credits for 15 bucks, if i bought the credits and added a game to my list without having any points, how would that work? because all i ever see on the for sale is how many points.[/QUOTE]I was in the same boat, I didn't realize that points and credit were two different things. The points are how much you buy a game for and how much they sell for. Credits are what you need to puchase a game with. So if you want to buy a game that is 100 points you need to buy the point and one trade credit. If you have a game someone wants Goozex tells you where to send it the person receives it they send positive feed back and you get the points.

[quote name='xxtrophyscarsxx']so how exactly does this work? i signed up for goozex a few months ago, had that 100 points they give to new users and requested legend of dragoon and got it. and this deal is for trade credits right? so what exactly is the difference between credits and points? i see how most cheap cheap games at the minimum are 100-150 points, but how do the credits figure into it all? i guess im trying to figure out for a game, usually how many credits are needed. im just confused! like the 30 credits for 15 bucks, if i bought the credits and added a game to my list without having any points, how would that work? because all i ever see on the for sale is how many points.[/quote]

Games cost the points they state on their info page [100 - 1000 in 50 point increments]... To initiate a trade you must have the points PLUS 1 trade credit. The trade credit is basically GoozeX's cut for being the middle man...

After complaining about not having getting a lot of games recently, I'm having three relatively recent games (GH:WT, CoD4, Dead Space) shipped within three days of each other. Famine to feast.

Yeah, Credit is the "fee" to Goozex for their matchmaking service. One credit per game received, period. Points is the 'currency' you earn for selling games and use to buy games; this value can fluctuate.

Is there a thread that anyone knows about that keeps track of clearance items/gs prices vs goozex credit. So that ppl can make good clearance buying choices. For instance today I picked up Haze for 7$ from Target and it gets 550 points, which seems like a decent deal considering my simplification of 200 points = 10$

[quote name='stoned99']Is there a thread that anyone knows about that keeps track of clearance items/gs prices vs goozex credit. So that ppl can make good clearance buying choices. For instance today I picked up Haze for 7$ from Target and it gets 550 points, which seems like a decent deal considering my simplification of 200 points = 10$[/QUOTE]

The thing is goozex is a TRADING site. So you bought haze, and while it may have a goozex trade value of 550, you still need someone willing to spend the points on it.

From what I can tell w/ the "trading info" on goozex

66 people are offering Haze
0 are requesting it

bread's done
Back