Grand Theft Auto V - 11/14 New trailer released! We're bouncin' now!

Can you elaborate on the ruined by hackers comment? I haven't played this yet but was going to pick it up later around $30.
The big issue I've been reading about is that hackers have cracked the money settings, and have the ability to essentially have infinite money, allowing them to have great cars, weapons and support to call in. I've also read a few people saying there are invincible players in the game. The only good news about people cheating is that you can make private lobbies for yourself and friends to avoid these people.

The money issue, sadly, is a much bigger issue because Rockstar was somewhat using the money DLC to make up for free content for all players to keep the game and content available to all (similar to how Mass Effect 3 made the multilayer map packs for the game free, but the weapons and extra content cost money for the online). With the money feature cracked, no one knows what will happen with Rockstar's future DLC content, as this ruins their profit potential.

The hackers have the ability to give you money, through deposits or even absurdly high bounties. It's nice, I guess, since you can buy what you want, but it does ruin the aim of the game.

There are CAG players though, so if you get the game you should be able to find people from here to play with. I traded in the game a few weeks back, but am definitely considering picking it up in the future, especially if there is a complete edition with extra content in the future.

yeah, basically people with modded consoles, and glitchers doing the car duping. and placing one billion dollar bounty on randoms in public games, and invincible glitch makes you immortal. Heist is the only thing worth waiting, and playing now on gta v online. most of the public games are basically free roam pvp, with tanks, buzzards everything, and billion dollar bounties being handed out like nothing. Atleast there goes Rockstars( or as people on the their the official forum called them C-o-c-k*, LOL) plan to fully implement the cash card plan. 2014 is where the heist will come. i traded my copy two weeks, i will pick it up cheap, once it goes on sale for $20 or below near the time of the release of heist missions.

I hung on to this after finishing up the SP in early October (I messed around with online but wasnt impressed) and I really shoulda traded it in, havent touched it since.  D'oh!

I probably shouldn't say ruined as it is still playable and fun with some of your friends, but sucks when you got some rich people driving around in tanks destroying everything.

I probably shouldn't say ruined as it is still playable and fun with some of your friends, but sucks when you got some rich people driving around in tanks destroying everything.
and their rich chrome adders/ vehicles. it is more than playable. but just be prepare , and be on guard as soon as you exit outside your apartment. it is basically a pvp war zone right now, unless you have passive mode enable. even then you can still get run over.

also this week, up until january 5, 2014, rorckstar is having discount the tinsel tower apartment for 25 % off. so for those of you shopping for an apartment. it is a good chance, i personally own it. close to los santo customs, ammuniation shop, train station for easy police invasion. as well clothing shop, and the car garage is big enough for all car sizes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm always running around in passive mode, there's no real balance as for me to even try to fight others. Do that in the set missions and matches.

Rockstar has announced an incoming patch to fix the money glitches and remove the inflated amounts. So at least they are resolving that. Still no mention of when heists are coming though.

Rockstar has announced an incoming patch to fix the money glitches and remove the inflated amounts. So at least they are resolving that. Still no mention of when heists are coming though.
the money glitches are never going to go away permanently . we are just going to have to deal with it. they already announced the heists will be coming in 2014. the question now is whether it will be early? mid or late 2014

I'm always running around in passive mode, there's no real balance as for me to even try to fight others. Do that in the set missions and matches.
i should of been clearer, i mean in public lobbies. it is chaotic, but could be fun. when you are watching from the safety of your tv, as some modder placing billion dollars worth of bounties on random players. and the whole map of white dots chasing after the red dotted player. LOL

Yeah it's f'n rampant.

Players Say Rampant Money Hacking Is Ruining GTA Online
ku-xlarge.jpg
SEXPAND

Los Santos is supposed to be a criminals' paradise, a place where the right crew, the right weapons and the right vehicles let you unlock as much money as you can earn. But a plague of hacking is clogging GTA Online's in-game economy with billions—maybe even trillions—of dirty dollars. P

RELATED

GTA Online Day Three: Still Not Really Working [UPDATE]
Two days have passed since the online version of Los Santos opened up for millions of players all over the world. It’s not been smooth sailing for… Read…
Most of GTA Online's initial launch woeshave been resolved and a big make-good has rolled out but players say that a networking exploit that opens the door to earning infinite amounts of cash is ruining the multiplayer portion of Rockstar's hit game.P

The complaints are everywhere. OnFacebook, Reddit, Rockstar's support forumsand other sites, users are sharing stories of how random players are suddenly bestowing them with six- and seven-figure sums or placing bounties on their heads or with similarly inflated amounts. P

ku-xlarge.png
SEXPAND

ku-xlarge.png
SEXPAND

ku-xlarge.png
1SEXPAND

ku-xlarge.png
SEXPAND

The problem? Rockstar's said that holding obscene amounts of money could be a flag in their regular sweeps to ban cheating players. This has left victimized players afraid, since giving away the too-much-to-spend windfall is a scary proposition that raise suspicions on those who want to avoid a ban or play clean. Another side-effect scenario has had targets with a bounty in millions of dollars constantly on the run or sitting in their apartments waiting for the bounty to time out, though this seems to be less prevalent.2P

Details of the networking hack enabling the vast piles of GTA Online cash have been spreading over YouTube as well as various online forums and sub-Reddits. And the flow of ill-gotten money hasn't been stopped by the latest 1.08 patch for GTA Online. One way to dodge the unwanted gifting is to do a hard reset of your console so the extra money doesn't save. From one Twitter user:p

Fifth hard reset of my ps3, don't want the billions hackers keep handing out and don't want to get bannedP

Without the motivation to earn money as a reward for what they've accomplished in the online version of Los Santos, affected players say that they've lost their taste for the game. Others are calling for Rockstar to close the exploit and implement a global reset that knocks all players back to a base level of XP and cash.P

There's some irony here, since the GTA series has been all about the exploits of characters who break society's rules. Until there's a fix for the infinite money problem, though, the rules-breakers of GTA will be making their victims very unhappy with the burden of unasked-for riches. Kotaku has reached out Rockstar for comment and will update this story if they respond.

Yeah it's f'n rampant.
that is why i don't even join public games anymore. rockstar are not doing very little to actually punish those users who exploited the money hack/dupes, and finding way to prevent, and stop it from the beginning. Instead taking the easy way, which is banning anybody who is suspected of having dupe/glitched money.

Surprised they haven't locked in on money hackers more prominantly since RS is in the business of selling money themselves so I'd think they'd be all over this constantly.

Surprised they haven't locked in on money hackers more prominantly since RS is in the business of selling money themselves so I'd think they'd be all over this constantly.
The problem lies in the lack of gameplay, not the lack of trying to stop the hackers. Unless you're imaginative/have tons of friends or are a heavy grinder, you won't find anything to do in GTAO. Once you do a few missions, you realize that everything's level locked, "new missions" included. And due to their previous attempts to stop people from exploiting the legit money/levelling grinding, it's become almost Korean MMO levels of obsession just to level enough to get decent weapons. So more people get bored fast. More bored people means more people that could possibly hack to make the game fun, which means the more people it'll affect. I'd imagine that if they just released heists or the content creator earlier, the problem wouldn't be as severe and hackers could be easily identified. They decided to focus on stopping hackers, which led to nothing due to the hackers finding other ways to get free money. It took them 3-4 updates just to get the LS Customs glitch fixed for christ's sake, instead of adding more stuff or fixing the gameplay stability.

that is why i don't even join public games anymore. rockstar are not doing very little to actually punish those users who exploited the money hack/dupes, and finding way to prevent, and stop it from the beginning. Instead taking the easy way, which is banning anybody who is suspected of having dupe/glitched money.
You realize that most of their userbase is guilty of duping money? They'd be banning a majority of people, which would be counterproductive. But in trying to contain the problem, they only made it worse. The actual players now have to grind Korean MMO style to get anything, driving more players to dupe/hack, and any attempts to stop the hackers only results in more ways to hack in more money. If they had more ways to make money/RP legit (heists, content creator, MORE STORY MISSIONS), less people would hack/grind, but alas, they released online with bare minimums.

You realize that most of their userbase is guilty of duping money? They'd be banning a majority of people, which would be counterproductive. But in trying to contain the problem, they only made it worse. The actual players now have to grind Korean MMO style to get anything, driving more players to dupe/hack, and any attempts to stop the hackers only results in more ways to hack in more money. If they had more ways to make money/RP legit (heists, content creator, MORE STORY MISSIONS), less people would hack/grind, but alas, they released online with bare minimums.
the main reason it became like this, was what you said. they nerf the payout of so much missions with high payout, and removed the replay mission option for those high payout missions. because of the their greed to sell those cash cards. now nobody is going to buy those cash cards, with all the free duped money be given out for free, and glitch/ dupes that are still around for money duping. what is even worst, because they chose to delay heist missions. gta v online users are so bored, they are using hacks to make tanks, and cars fly, and shoot missiles to improve the boring mission gameplay.

Well anyone tried online lately? Rockstar took the online portion offline and dealt with the hackers apparently. Haven't been on in a while though but from what I've heard they're going pretty strong on dupers but you should be fine if they gave you the money, just expect to see less in your bank next time you log on.

Well anyone tried online lately? Rockstar took the online portion offline and dealt with the hackers apparently. Haven't been on in a while though but from what I've heard they're going pretty strong on dupers but you should be fine if they gave you the money, just expect to see less in your bank next time you log on.
i am waiting for the heist to release, before picking up the game again, since i traded my copy a while back. It is basically pvp zone now, everytime you enter a public session/game. I thought it was bad before, when people said living in Eclipse tower apartment was a nightmare with campers, with their buzzard, and tanks. now, they are even camping near tinsel tower apartments too, which is where i live. I am planning to move to probably Weazel Plaza, after heist is release.

I really need to get online again and level up as the only thing I've ever wanted to do online is the heists and I have a very good feeling they'll have a level requirement on it. Blows as I honestly don't care much for their online but I want to play heists with my friends when it comes out.

I really need to get online again and level up as the only thing I've ever wanted to do online is the heists and I have a very good feeling they'll have a level requirement on it. Blows as I honestly don't care much for their online but I want to play heists with my friends when it comes out.
there were rumors you need to be level 65+ to do heists.

In that case might as well not bother haha. I'm not even 20 lol and there is absolutely no way I'll grind that much to 65 just to do them. Shit by the time I get that high I won't even want to play the game again for months.

I haven't touched this game since Halloween, and I still can't believe it's been 5 months since this game released and heists are still not in the online portion of the game. Complete bullshit.

I've been working on my 100% playthrough and can't believe I missed some of these strangers and freaks. Some of these missions are way more fun than the actual story missions - I hope in the next game they add even more of these.

I've been working on my 100% playthrough and can't believe I missed some of these strangers and freaks. Some of these missions are way more fun than the actual story missions - I hope in the next game they add even more of these.
Is the Mime one of them? Him and another person show up as blips but never do anything.

Is the Mime one of them? Him and another person show up as blips but never do anything.

If you are a part of the Rockstar Social Club, which I think most of you are, you can use the map on the site to filter for random events (and it will tell you which you have and have not done by color coding), and where they occur.  Some are tied to specific characters. 

While this can ruin the point of exploration, it does give you a potential list to see what you may have missed in the game.  It's very useful for getting 100% of the game done.

i doubt heist will come up in spring. we will be lucky if we see it this summer. rock$tar has  postponed it so many times already. why are they working on this update like The High Life Update, capture /map creators. when they should be focusing on heist from the very beginning.

with rumors of the ps4/xbox one version of gta v possibly coming out. i will probably get gta v next gen, unless the xbox 360/ps3 version goes on sale for $10.

the high life update, is probably the only worthy update up to date, because finally it give options of purchasing new properties

They won't delay it. They never officially listed a date for heists since release and have merely kept saying they were "coming soon" which is very different than what one of the above posters said in claiming they've postponed them which implies they gave a date. They've given it a Spring release so it's safe to assume it will be out sometime before summer. With that said don't get your hopes up as these things have been hugely hyped since before V came out and I doubt they're going to live up to some's expectations.

The online for this game is quite ambitious, which I think is what makes it so hard to criticize.  GTA 5 is a serious technical achievement too, as when I played it I was always amazed by the visuals, little details, depth, scope, scale and freedom.  I just didn't enjoy the actual game...but I haven't really enjoyed most of the GTA stories since 3.

The major issue with the online is that they, Rockstar, hyped up Heists, and, just like with the single player, that seemed like it was going to be the true focus.  The these heists were going to be so complex that you'd have to do actual planning, need money, skills and a good crew, and that it would truly be tense and addictive.  But the heists in the single player were simple, and, though fun, not something I ever went back to.  Knowing the restrictions of multiplayer, I'd expect the online heists to be even less involved and open.

Yet the multiplayer has a similar issue, where we've been told about heists, and how awesome it seemed like it would be, but it never came.  Players were expecting to do shootouts and flee with money with their friends and other players, doing large scale robberies in this massive area of Los Santos.  If Rockstar had never mentioned it, and then months (years...?) later released it as a free update, or in a downloadable pack or expansion, people across the internet would be talking about how awesome Rockstar are as developers for giving gamers that.  But instead they arrogantly hyped it, but didn't deliver.

I really wish other companies would see this and return to simpler times of just releasing content, talking about it a few days to a week before you launch it, and let gamers experience it, rather than telling us about it for weeks to months to the point where the release of it is underwhelming.  I get that you 'need' hype because of how many games are out there so that people don't miss it, but I feel like if GTA 5 had been more subtle about the whole heist thing, especially in the multiplayer, people would have enjoyed it much more.  There's so much to do in the whole game, and that is amazing, but it's not what they really flaunted most about the game. 

The biggest thing is that all of that hype bs was personally I feel put there for the stock holders. I agree though, I would appreciate if video games didn't go down this path as we saw the overall bad way things go with that with EA/DICE with BF4.

The Rooster Teeth guys had a good bit about GTA Online:

http://youtu.be/1EVQ8HrUHII?t=10m13s

What they did themselves:

http://youtu.be/Ieu4UtpZFUI

meh, disappointed, all the new expensive apartments are at the same old apartment locations. i thought they were going to set up new expensive apartment at different new locations.

Grand Theft Auto V -- Coming for PlayStation®4, Xbox One & PC: http://youtu.be/3DBrG2YjqQA

Also save cloud system let's you transfer from any last - gen systems.

I can't see the Next-Gen version selling that well after watching E3 there are way too many good games coming out to even consider buying it and that's especially true if they have the gull to price it at $60.

That being said maybe if it comes out in September it'll stand a better chance.

bread's done
Back