Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Grabbed Darksiders II. Green Man Gaming has been the best DD site for deals on new games the past 2 months. Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Darksiders II, Sleeping Dogs and XCOM have been $45 or less in the past 2 months.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Ok so how good/bad is Darksiders II port?

I might have to bite today at 20, and then cancel my Wii-U preorder.[/QUOTE]

Even before the port was fixed up, it seemed to be considered the "best" version because of how much better it ends up looking on PC hardware (console slow down, lower res, and the like).

I'm sort of wanting it for wii U to make sure I have more stuff to play on that device, but that version should still lack the punch the PC version will have.

Man, GMG continues to spoil us. Splurged on Alan Wake CE, Darksiders II (and the Argul's Tomb and Season Pass DLC).

Sort of annoying that I had to do a separate transaction per item to use the coupon code, but a minor hassle.

Went for Dead Island GOTY edition, figure for $8 I might as well try it out, but for some reason my Rumblepad 2 with x360ce doesn't want to work with it so I ordered a Logitech F310 but I started reading bad things about the deadzone on those controllers...anyway, great deal.

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about The Darkness 2. For $6 bucks, it's super worth it. I played it earlier this year on Xbox before I started really getting into my pc more, so I don't know what the port is like, but the game itself is very strange and fun.

I've always thought it was so weird that they combined a story about a dude in the mob with that of these weird darkness demons. Definitely a strange collision of worlds.

Darkness 2 was a good game. Great art style and voice acting, pretty fun game play. The only real criticism is that it's short (only took me 6 hours) but, for six bucks, short isn't as big a deal as it is for $40.

Really, the game is worth it just to talk to Johnny :D

[quote name='Glomerate']I'm surprised more people aren't talking about The Darkness 2. For $6 bucks, it's super worth it.[/QUOTE]
I would probably have picked it up, except just yesterday my boxed limited edition arrived from UK store TheHut, coming to about $2 delivered using their third-party cashback offer. :bouncy:

Besides, it was $7.50 a couple of weeks ago at Gamefly. ;)

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Ok so how good/bad is Darksiders II port?
[/QUOTE]
For me it's not so great. It looks decent enough aside from horribly low res, compressed textures, but it has this stutter that only goes away when I run 3 or 4 third party tools to smooth it out. Ridiculous. It's not a frame rate issue, and it affects a lot of users. There are various fixes but only one worked for me.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']For me it's not so great. It looks decent enough aside from horribly low res, compressed textures, but it has this stutter that only goes away when I run 3 or 4 third party tools to smooth it out. Ridiculous. It's not a frame rate issue, and it affects a lot of users. There are various fixes but only one worked for me.[/QUOTE]

You get used to the weird stuttering after a while. I've tried various different fixes and nothing worked for me.

[quote name='rybrad']Anyone know if the Death Rides DLC adds much content? The price is good but I don't want to waste money if it isn't decent.[/QUOTE]

From what I read it adds a lot of extra monsters around the world and chests. General consensus is it is pretty decent if you like that stuff. I'm not sure if it adds anything else. I picked it up though so when I do my second play through everyone wont be the same exactly :D

Man I can't order on greenmangaming using paypal or my visa everytime it says the same order not complete message
"We have been unable to complete your order, please contact your payment provider before trying again.

Thank you for visiting Green Man Gaming"

If anyone would be willing to order that darksiders 2 season pass for 4 bucks i could reimburse on paypal
:(

[quote name='iRobotZombie']How much is Lucius going for on GMG in US $? With 20% discount, its £13 odd in GBP. Just want check out the comparison, CAG style.[/QUOTE]

Lucius here is $13.60 after the coupon. So a lot cheaper.

[quote name='JustinTheGamer']Man I can't order on greenmangaming using paypal or my visa everytime it says the same order not complete message
"We have been unable to complete your order, please contact your payment provider before trying again.

If anyone would be willing to order that darksiders 2 season pass for 4 bucks i could reimburse on paypal
:([/QUOTE]

Same deal here. Capital One declines purchases from there and my paypal didn't go through even though I verified via telephone. I'm thinking my paypal failed because it doesn't have a balance so maybe my bank declined the transaction.

[quote name='blehman']Same deal here. Capital One declines purchases from there and my paypal didn't go through even though I verified via telephone. I'm thinking my paypal failed because it doesn't have a balance so maybe my bank declined the transaction.[/QUOTE]

I have $40 in paypal so that probably wouldn't work for you either but maybe this really stinks i even sent a support ticket then they marked it as solved without saying even one word! Great Customer Service!:applause:

Picked up Darksiders II and all its DLC. I want to get Darkness II and possibly Dead Island, but the better half of me knows that I'll never actually get around to playing them.

[quote name='JustinTheGamer']I have $40 in paypal so that probably wouldn't work for you either but maybe this really stinks i even sent a support ticket then they marked it as solved without saying even one word! Great Customer Service!:applause:[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised other people don't seem to be having this problem. I'm assuming they must be located in some country that certain banks consider a risk. I had this problem with Chase before and I had to actually call and tell them I actually approved the transaction. Needless to say it was a pain, because it was several days before I even realized the order was on hold. I don't know what to do in this case though because I actually did the phone verification through paypal and it still failed.

Worst thing is that the site does legitimately have some great deals.

[quote name='PenguinJim']They're in that famously fraudulent, corrupt wasteland of virtue known as the "U.K.". You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.[/QUOTE]

It's got to be true. I've never known a bank to be incorrect on any issue. Never has happened before. Not once.

[quote name='iRobotZombie']How much is Lucius going for on GMG in US $? With 20% discount, its £13 odd in GBP. Just want check out the comparison, CAG style.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Lucius here is $13.60 after the coupon. So a lot cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Thats fantastic, thanks! I need to grab that, but I don't think it activates on Steam.... dagnammit

[quote name='greenmangaming']We have decided not to accept your current order or any future orders.

Kind regards,
Green Man Gaming
Customer Service[/QUOTE]

... wtf did i do buy guild wars 2 and dawnguard from them? owell guess I'll spend my money elsewhere :D

[quote name='JustinTheGamer']Man I can't order on greenmangaming using paypal or my visa everytime it says the same order not complete message

:([/QUOTE]

been having that problem since forever and they aren't replying me zzz

[quote name='wilflare']been having that problem since forever and they aren't replying me zzz[/QUOTE]

did you see what they said to me in my post above yours lol I almost would have rather gotten your lack of response :lol:

[quote name='Scorch']I think I'll pick up Dead Island.. I reeeeeally want to get Postal 3, I don't see it going cheaper any time soon[/QUOTE]

Honestly I cant believe they are asking for as much as they are for Postal 3....I see that being in a Indie Gala down the road....or a Groupees bundle.

Guess they aren't showing 404 on games you can't buy anymore and just hiding the buy button instead. Updated the OP (added Skydrift, fixed bad link and added RUSE note).

20% off Digital Downloads with voucher code: GMG20-FXYD1-7WHP1
Offer Ends Friday, October 26, 2012 at 7:00am Eastern

War Deals (up to 75% off and stack with above voucher):
Full list of deals

Homefront $4 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
Nuclear Dawn $7.20 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad $8 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
R.U.S.E. $3.20 (Steamworks) with above voucher code (non-US only?)
Skydrift $4 (Steamworks) with above voucher code

[quote name='Meatyflakes']don't think Ruse is available in the US (most Ubisoft titles aren't available from out of region). Shame too, I been waiting for sub 5...[/QUOTE]

Sucks if that is the case.

[quote name='Dev518']Is Homefront worth it for $4?[/QUOTE]
It's not a good game, though I enjoyed it for what it was, its story is meh and a little out there as far as believability. But the game play isn't bad though it is linear. It is also short, as in 3 to 6 hours depending on the person. MP I didn't try out but from what I hear there is still a few servers active.

Blog indicates additional war titles will be on sale in the days ahead.

Hopefully GMG offers a competitive deal on FOTS (75% or more). After all, what War sale could forget having Total War titles?

Depending on what they do with the preorder with Kings Bounty Warriors of the North, I might jump on that Bioshock Infinite preorder for the $15 credit.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Depending on what they do with the preorder with Kings Bounty Warriors of the North, I might jump on that Bioshock Infinite preorder for the $15 credit.[/QUOTE]
Might as well wait - they might have some other promo for it in a few weeks. This cash back promo looks like it might last a while.

Too bad RUSE isn't available for NA though. Never thought much about it, but I'm willing to try it at that price.

bread's done
Back