Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='dark2025']Might as well wait - they might have some other promo for it in a few weeks. This cash back promo looks like it might last a while.

Too bad RUSE isn't available for NA though. Never thought much about it, but I'm willing to try it at that price.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm going to get the new Kings Bounty regardless (been in my cart on Steam the last few days just been waiting to see what GMG's offer is lol). So as long as GMG's offer is equal to or better than Steams I'll preorder Bioshock first to get the credit to use on KB. Figure if you take the credit for the BI preorder then it is 25% off, so not bad.

Yes it works on GW2, I don't think there is any better deal on it atm. The best I've seen for GW2 anyways is 25% off so $3 difference anyways.

Speaking of GW2, can't wait the Halloween update that goes live in an hour or two. Lots of stuff they have planned for it :D

[quote name='KaOTiK']Yes it works on GW2, I don't think there is any better deal on it atm. The best I've seen for GW2 anyways is 25% off so $3 difference anyways.

Speaking of GW2, can't wait the Halloween update that goes live in an hour or two. Lots of stuff they have planned for it :D[/QUOTE]

I completely forgot that was going live today!

Thanks for the reminder haha now I know what I am doing tonight!

[quote name='KaOTiK']Yes it works on GW2, I don't think there is any better deal on it atm. The best I've seen for GW2 anyways is 25% off so $3 difference anyways.

Speaking of GW2, can't wait the Halloween update that goes live in an hour or two. Lots of stuff they have planned for it :D[/QUOTE]

I didn't like the first one. It never really made me feel immersed in it's world, if you know what I mean. I think the dated graphics were part of the reason for it. Gameplay wise it also felt kind of boring and the world didn't feel alive, for me, like an MMO should. But this one looks a lot better, and seems to not have several issues that I typically have with MMOs. I played Rift for a few months and really enjoyed it actually, but I really can't do pay to play... Still on the fence, but I have a few extra bucks right now, and might pick this up tomorrow through GMG and hop in.

Thanks for the info!

[quote name='Dev518']Is Homefront worth it for $4?[/QUOTE]
I liked the premise and setting. Sure, it was completely implausible but i liked it anyway. Unfortunately, the game was dragged down by some terrible companion AI, things like infinitely spawning enemies and weapons that all felt the same. It also had a lot of vehicle missions which is a peeve of mine but maybe you don't care so much.

I've no idea how active the MP is these days. If you're a big fan of SP shooters maybe you'll find it was good enough for four bucks. It's no Spec Ops or Bad Company 2 as far as squad based shooters go though.

[quote name='Bizzquik']Dishonored lowered to $52.99, which turns into $42.40 after 20% off code.

Cheapest we've seen? I think so....[/QUOTE]
The flaw in your cunning plan...[quote name='GMG']Vouchers not valid on this product.[/quote]

Looks like they are heading towards eliminating voucher use on any game that's already discounted. For one, you can't use the voucher on Doom 3: BFG because it has a 10% discount already. Still valid on Hitman: Absolution though even though it has a 10% discount.

the problem for GMG is that the only real incentive for me to order from them over Steam or Amazon is the voucher, so the more limits that get placed on the voucher the less I'll shop on GMG

[quote name='rybrad']Small update today:

Borderlands 2 $38 (Steamworks) does not stack with voucher[/QUOTE]

Obligatory is it worth it at this price? I already pre-ordered hitman but I would like something to fill in the gap between now and then. I have just been playing torchilight 2 non-stop and its starting to get a little boring. I don't necessarily need a game to play, but it would be nice

:p

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I bought XCOM for $45, got the immediate $10 credit, then used it on Need for Speed, which is also eligible for the voucher. $30 NFS is pretty good!

Well voucher is dead and looks like they are going to do this cash back/credit choice thing a lot more going forward. I updated the OP with all the current cash back/credit deals I could find. What a pain in the ass for updates this is going to be...

Their info says on the cash back you get it put back in your account in a "couple" days. If someone does that option, please let me know how long it takes. I would like to update the FAQ with the new info but want to make sure I have some real world info.

Anyway, Sleeping Dogs is the daily today with the aforementioned cash back/credit offer attached.

Daily Deal
Sleeping Dogs $24.99 (Steamworks) + $4 cash back or $6 GMG credit

Edit: Looks like I missed a couple titles, will try to update later this morning.

[quote name='rybrad']Well voucher is dead and looks like they are going to do this cash back/credit choice thing a lot more going forward. I updated the OP with all the current cash back/credit deals I could find. What a pain in the ass for updates this is going to be...

Their info says on the cash back you get it put back in your account in a "couple" days. If someone does that option, please let me know how long it takes. I would like to update the FAQ with the new info but want to make sure I have some real world info.

Anyway, Sleeping Dogs is the daily today with the aforementioned cash back/credit offer attached.

Daily Deal
Sleeping Dogs $24.99 (Steamworks) + $4 cash back or $6 GMG credit

Edit: Looks like I missed a couple titles, will try to update later this morning.[/QUOTE]

I had a voucher for 25% off sitting in the keys section of my account good for a few more days. I was able to use it on Hitman Absolution Professional for a killer deal.

$44.99 -25% =
$33.75 - $10 (xcom credit) =
$22.75 - $10 (future GMG credit) =
$12.75 Net Cost

I know I can't entirely count the xcom credit in my net price but no matter how I look at that, that is a steal.

[quote name='rybrad']Well voucher is dead and looks like they are going to do this cash back/credit choice thing a lot more going forward. I updated the OP with all the current cash back/credit deals I could find. What a pain in the ass for updates this is going to be...

Their info says on the cash back you get it put back in your account in a "couple" days. If someone does that option, please let me know how long it takes. I would like to update the FAQ with the new info but want to make sure I have some real world info.[/QUOTE]
Bleagh. That pretty much kills GMG as a source for me. Just cut the price, I don't need some stupid lag time to get my money back. I know they want to push me into taking a credit but I don't shop at GMG enough to feel that building a credit this way is worth it. Terrible move, in my opinion.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']That's really cool of them for offering a credit back on these new games. Wish more retailers did that![/QUOTE]
Sort of. I looked into this some more and you don't get the credit on pre-orders until the game releases. I know they do this to avoid exploiters but if you order Metro Last Light now, you will not see the credit until next year. Obviously you could take the cash back option but you would be better off waiting to see what Amazon/Gamersgate/Getgames/Gamefly do for discounts before ever pre-ordering one of their credit deals.

If this is the best alternative they can come up with instead of vouchers then this will probably end their reign as the best place to pre-order Steamworks games. For last minute pre-orders this will probably still be great if you have something you want to spend the credit on but nowhere near as good as vouchers.

I am hoping they will refine the system and come up with a better solution (for example, you get the credit immediately since you have to pay in full immediately and if you spend it, no refund on that item, this would require some technical overhaul which is problematic for them at times) or continue on with vouchers instead.
[quote name='Syntax Error']Bleagh. That pretty much kills GMG as a source for me. Just cut the price, I don't need some stupid lag time to get my money back. I know they want to push me into taking a credit but I don't shop at GMG enough to feel that building a credit this way is worth it. Terrible move, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]
I think that will be the case for a lot of people, will just have to wait and see how it all shakes out. I would like to think this is just an experiment but with this being something new they had to specifically build for their system, I doubt that is accurate.

GreenManGaming had a good thing going for them. It's unfortunate they got rid of it. I'm thankful that last night I bit the bullet and bout the new King's Bounty game and used the voucher. Now the game is not on sale and there is no longer a voucher.

I'd be a lot happier even with "Game A is regularly $49.99, now either $34.99 or $37.99 & get $6 GMG credit"

Having to wait on part of my "discount" to make its way back into my bank later in the week is just bullshit. And heavens knows how well GMG plays with banks :lol:

wow that's kinda BS, people on GMG's forums are saying they were told that the GMG Rewards promo will not be applied to those who already preordered Hitman

If you regularly buy stuff from GMG, I don't see how credit is any worse than coupons. If a $60 game offers $15 in credit, that's equivalent to a 25% off coupon. If you loved GMG's coupons, chances are that you shopped at GMG on a regular basis, meaning credit is just as good. Having to wait until the game releases is kinda lame, though.

[quote name='Jerykk']If you regularly buy stuff from GMG, I don't see how credit is any worse than coupons.[/QUOTE]
(A) My initial purchase gets no discount since my "discount" is in the form of money back on a future purchase.
(B) 20% is 20% is 20%. But a purchase of Sleeping Dogs right now gets me $6 credit. Towards a $50 game as my next purchase, that's a 12% discount. Towards a $15 game, that's a 40% discount. If I'm buying a newer game, it's far, far worse than a 20% voucher.
(C) I never know when my next purchase with GMG will be. Maybe the next game I want will be on sale for a better price at Amazon, GGG, Steam, GamersGate, etc. So now, instead of having saved the money and having it in my bank account for use anywhere, it's locked in a GMG credit.
(D) Obviously "locked in credit" is what they want so I can have the false illusion next time of "This game only cost me $44 instead of $50!" when the reality is that I paid part of that upfront with my last game purchase. If GMG was offering credit values exceeding the sale prices of other vendors, maybe it'd be worth considering. As is, I'd be a fool to tie up my money in GMG credit rather than having it free to spend at the other half-dozen guys.
(E) Don't even get me started about the ridiculous "cash back sometime later in the week" option.

[quote name='Jerykk']If you regularly buy stuff from GMG, I don't see how credit is any worse than coupons. If a $60 game offers $15 in credit, that's equivalent to a 25% off coupon. If you loved GMG's coupons, chances are that you shopped at GMG on a regular basis, meaning credit is just as good. Having to wait until the game releases is kinda lame, though.[/QUOTE]
GMG has shit customer service and Capsule is by far the worst of the DD clients. If they are not offering the best price then there is no reason to use them at all. Having to shell out the full cost up front and then get the money back in a "few" days or wait until a game releases for the credit is a far cry from the vouchers.
[quote name='buckythekat']wow that's kinda BS, people on GMG's forums are saying they were told that the GMG Rewards promo will not be applied to those who already preordered Hitman[/QUOTE]
I can understand why they did that since most people probably bought Hitman with a voucher so they would be double dipping on deals basically. They have no one to blame except themselves though as they decided to change the system when people had already pre-ordered.

Yeah, them scrapping the vouchers for this credit back thing is highly disappointing. I just don't see myself really pre-ordering from GMG from now on.

[quote name='rybrad']I can understand why they did that since most people probably bought Hitman with a voucher so they would be double dipping on deals basically. They have no one to blame except themselves though as they decided to change the system when people had already pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I understand why they don't want to honor the $10 credit back for those of us who already pre-ordered with a voucher. But like you said it's their own fault for changing the system after people pre-ordered. I'll wait it out and see what happens. Maybe they'll relent if they get enough complaints from other customers. They did do something similar with X-COM I think (the trade-in deal, plus the additional credit).

[quote name='retrad']jesus christ there are a lot of tears in this thread.

man up ladies its not the end of the world...[/QUOTE]
Saying you think you'll shop elsewhere is crying?

Huh. If you say so, I guess. You be a big strong, brave man with your future credits/rebates and I'll go out and actually save myself some real cash :lol:

[quote name='rybrad']I can understand why they did that since most people probably bought Hitman with a voucher so they would be double dipping on deals basically. They have no one to blame except themselves though as they decided to change the system when people had already pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

well it's just disappointing since they did apply the XCOM credit deal to all existing preorders (even those that took advantage of trade in that free game for $8 off)

[quote name='Syntax Error']Saying you think you'll shop elsewhere is crying?

Huh. If you say so, I guess. You be a big strong, brave man with your future credits/rebates and I'll go out and actually save myself some real cash :lol:[/QUOTE]

Just keep his name is mind when you talk to him, you know what they say...

He couldn't even spell it right. :cry:

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']time to move back to amazon[/QUOTE]
cant understand why anyone would ever limit themselves to one digital download service :roll:

anyway for preorders this is bad...for other stuff not so much

New deals up, pretty mediocre as I think most of these have been cheaper elsewhere several times.

Blades of Time $9.99 (Steamworks)

Alien and Space Deals (up to 75% off):
Full list of deals

Red Faction Armageddon $4.99 (Steamworks)
Red Faction Guerilla $4.99 (Steamworks)
Rochard $4.99 (Steamworks)
Supreme Commander $4.99 (Steamworks)
Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War II: Retribution $7.49 (Steamworks)
Warhammer 40000: Space Marine $7.49 (Steamworks)

Edit: Update on vouchers
[quote name='GMG']Hi Guys,

The creditback/cashback offer is in place of a voucher, not as well as a voucher. If you like vouchers, don't worry there will be more. Cashback/creditback is just another great way of giving you deals on the games you want. Please note however, that we cannot give creditback or cashback on pre-purchases that have already taken advantage of a voucher offer.

/George [/quote]
Relevant portion bolded.

Last edited by a moderator:
But this also probably means all the pre-orders or games they don't want you to use vouchers on will get credit back. I have a $10 credit, but I would have liked to use it with a voucher to maximize the purchase on one intended purchase. If only I would have made a pre-order purchase back when the 25% voucher was out in the world.

[quote name='rybrad']25% off voucher GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S, excludes most titles that already have a deal
Expires Friday, November 9, 2012 at 7am EST[/QUOTE]

Lol. It's kind of funny with all the panic that they put one up.

[quote name='rybrad']25% off voucher GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S, excludes most titles that already have a deal
Expires Friday, November 9, 2012 at 7am EST[/QUOTE]

Is there a list of the titles excluded? I wasn't able to find one.

[quote name='hal']Is there a list of the titles excluded? I wasn't able to find one.[/QUOTE]
Not that I have seen yet, they just said it won't stack with "most" other deals earlier. Trial and error basically, enjoy! I tried a few of the big name pre-orders this morning that are offering cash back/credit deals and no luck on those.

[quote name='pROvIs']Lol. It's kind of funny with all the panic that they put one up.[/QUOTE]
I dunno about "panic"...

But let's be realistic: people stacked the vouchers with sale prices. Vanilla 20% or 25% off sales elicit bored yawns (especially when they're excluding just released games where 25% may mean something). Good for them for continuing with the vouchers but hopefully there'll continue to be chances for stacking sale offers. It looks as though it's stacking with the sales I tried (Crusader Kings II, Borderlands 2) so I guess it's just not stacking with the cash/credit promotions.

Some of the counter-criticism is a bit silly. No one needs to "cry" or "panic" about GMG. If they have the best deals, people will shop there. If they don't, people will shop from the other half-dozen places offering the same digital product. Being critical of changes in GMG's policies from a consumer standpoint and mentioning it on a forum dedicated to deals isn't akin to screaming, waving your arms around and running in circles.

[quote name='rybrad']Not that I have seen yet, they just said it won't stack with "most" other deals earlier. Trial and error basically, enjoy! I tried a few of the big name pre-orders this morning that are offering cash back/credit deals and no luck on those.[/QUOTE]
so no go on Hitman?

edit: nvm seems like they got rid of a lot of the cash back/credit deals

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back