Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='Necrotron']Special sales all week at Green Man Gaming, found on SlickDeals.net hot deals list.
http://blog.greenmangaming.com/20...chers.html

Green Man Gaming is holding a week long event, starting Friday, Dec 7 to Thursday, Dec 13. Each day will feature vouchers for different games that take off 30% to 50%.

There is also a 25% off voucher for all digital titles that is valid until December 14th. This cannot be stacked with the other vouchers but can be stacked on games that are on sale.

25% off digital titles: GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6

Friday 7th December from 1200 GMT
Guild Wars 2 Digital Edition [greenmangaming.com] is 30% off with GMG30-PXG98-CXR61 $43.50
Hitman: Absolution is 35% off with GMG35-3PPWQ-TEONQ $32.50

Saturday 8th December from 1200 GMT
LEGO Lord of the Rings is 30% off with GMG30-KDJQC-BWQCE
Doom 3 is 40% off with GMG40-9X5OP-PBQA8

Sunday 9th December from 1200 GMT
XCOM Enemy Unknown is 30% off with GMG30-0LKXU-EPF98
Football Manager 2013 is 35% off with GMG35-0VJBL-WKQEA

Monday 10th December from 1200 GMT
Skyrim is 40% off with GMG40-4DIJU-TT4PB
Dark Souls is 30% with GMG30-06DO3-LTVV9

Tuesday 11th December from 1200 GMT
ARMA II: Combined Operations is 35% off with GMG35-O90RW-Q2CD2
Fallout: New Vegas is 50% off with GMG50-MZRFC-P9H77

(Europe only, guys) Wednesday 12th December from 1200 GMT
Far Cry 3 is 30% off with GMG30-FC31S-GR34T
Assassin's Creed 3 is 30% off with GMG30-H86GA-AQB2H

Thursday 13th December from 1200 GMT
Chivalry is 50% off (no voucher required, so why not put GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6 on it, too?)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass is 30% off with GMG30-BL2SE-ASONP
[/QUOTE]

GMG is pretty good and open on their their GMG Blog. The information was copied from there (and possibly added SD affiliate links). The blog is particularly useful for details on the current X% off code.

[quote name='Mooby']Can anyone who gets Miner Wars confirm there wasn't much hassle in redeeming a Steam key at the developer's website?[/QUOTE]

You need to create a account on miner war page, redeem the key GMG gave you and after that in a menu to the left select Steam Key and done.

Answered the short the survey & got the 35% voucher, I hope GMG does improve their website & hopefully more great deals in 2013 ^_^

OK, admittedly my experience with buying stuff off of GMG is pretty limited, (I've only actually paid for two items over 5 months time) but aside from their countdown timer in the checkout, I haven't had any real complaints with them. Yet I see many people saying that they did the survey to help improve the site. Seemingly implying that the site is plagued with problems. Am I misinterpreting people's comments? Or are there a lot of problems with GMG that I simply haven't experience due to my limited use of the site?

I've heard some people complain about not being able to check out or complete their purchase but personally I've never had that problem so I can't say much more. The only real problem I have with GMG is their stupid Capsule client, but now I've learned to just avoid games that require it, so meh. Other than that they're pretty golden.

A lot of people run into payment problems. Even some who used to be able to pay with out issue.

I've never run into problems other than the site being super slow sometimes.

But others have posted about games being traded in without notice, vouchers not being attached to their accounts, etc.

[quote name='The End']OK, admittedly my experience with buying stuff off of GMG is pretty limited, (I've only actually paid for two items over 5 months time) but aside from their countdown timer in the checkout, I haven't had any real complaints with them. Yet I see many people saying that they did the survey to help improve the site. Seemingly implying that the site is plagued with problems. Am I misinterpreting people's comments? Or are there a lot of problems with GMG that I simply haven't experience due to my limited use of the site?[/QUOTE]
From a UX design perspective there is quite a bit wrong but the main general user complaints are: key distribution for pre-orders, Capsule being awful, cash back/credit system instead of vouchers and payment failures issues. The technical issues have been getting better and they continue to work on them but I imagine that will be the majority of their complaints.

[quote name='mitchondria']anyone know if the batman as goty has windows achievements thru steam?

I'm a noob to all this steam/steam works stuff[/QUOTE]

It uses Games for Windows Live so you'll be getting Achievements that will go towards your 360 Gamerscore.

Anyway, I already own Arkham Asylum on PS3 but I think it's worth this price to have on PC plus grab some extra Gamerscore.

I took the survey to improve the site in that they asked for my feedback. Although my feedback is pretty much positive (never had a payment issue for example), I'm sure they'll add it into the heap and use it for something.

My biggest site issue is fairly minor -- they should do a better job of making sales/vouchers obvious on the front page. I sometimes need to hunt in the blog for the voucher code or, if it is advertised on the main page, it's a graphic and I can't just copy and paste it.

I like that the voucher is good into January. I'm sure some Christmastime sale will make it worthwhile.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I sometimes need to hunt in the blog for the voucher code or, if it is advertised on the main page, it's a graphic and I can't just copy and paste it.
[/QUOTE]

I know this is a total First World problem but I feel the same way. I go 'Ugh, an image? Really? I can't copy and paste that and will have to manually typing the whole 8 or 10 characters in or dig through the blog!' :-({|=

That said, as silly and lazy as that may be, it should be easy enough for them to post it on their site as text I would think.

i read a lot of negative reviews about greenmangaming security issues so i wanted to ask if you people if the site is safe or not

[quote name='gigaislam']i read a lot of negative reviews about greenmangaming security issues so i wanted to ask if you people if the site is safe or not[/QUOTE]
It's fine as far as I'm aware. Tons of people shop there.

[quote name='gigaislam']i read a lot of negative reviews about greenmangaming security issues so i wanted to ask if you people if the site is safe or not[/QUOTE]

Penguin Jim is that you?

I go through paypal so it's not like they have access to any of my info anyway.

I think the reports of "security issues" were people's banks and credit cards putting holds on purchases because they were international and hence the banks thought the cards had been stolen.

Those were just misunderstandings. No one was scammed or anything like that.

[quote name='Motoki']I go through paypal so it's not like they have access to any of my info anyway.

I think the reports of "security issues" were people's banks and credit cards putting holds on purchases because they were international and hence the banks thought the cards had been stolen.

Those were just misunderstandings. No one was scammed or anything like that.[/QUOTE]

Probably Germans

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Probably Germans[/QUOTE]

That too. They are causing problems with all their Euro log cutting and toilet simulators. :booty:

So Chivalry is going to be $9.xx on Thursday (Dec. 13th); or is it suppose to be on sale now? Recently got around figuring out what Chivalry is...and I want it now. However, if it's going to be $10 soon I might as well wait.

[quote name='Motoki']I know this is a total First World problem but I feel the same way. I go 'Ugh, an image? Really? I can't copy and paste that and will have to manually typing the whole 8 or 10 characters in or dig through the blog!' :-({|=
[/QUOTE]

Hehehe. I feel the same way. I actually usually check this thread for the code after that, so I hopefully don't have to type it even then.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Penguin Jim is that you?[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='dejeckt']So Chivalry is going to be $9.xx on Thursday (Dec. 13th); or is it suppose to be on sale now? Recently got around figuring out what Chivalry is...and I want it now. However, if it's going to be $10 soon I might as well wait.[/QUOTE]

I would be highly interdasted in that!

Take a look at this thread, and you'll see issues on almost every page. GMG also had to shut down in a few countries for over six months due to "security issues" (their words), but they seem to have closed those holes. They've shown some remarkable improvement recently, though: is this the first time the thread has had two pages back-to-back with no-one reporting issues? :applause:

[quote name='Motoki']I think the reports of "security issues" were people's banks and credit cards putting holds on purchases because they were international and hence the banks thought the cards had been stolen.

Those were just misunderstandings. No one was scammed or anything like that.[/QUOTE]
No, you can actually ask the GMG staff and they'll tell you about their fraud problems and security issues. Thanks for trying to help, though, it's appreciated. :)

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Penguin Jim is that you?[/QUOTE]
I get most of my GMG information from this thread. o_O Do you think the CAGs are making it up? Personally, I've only had two problems with GMG in the years I've been using them. But I don't find it necessary to lie about issues any store has.

[quote name='PenguinJim']and you'll see issues on almost every page. GMG also had to shut down in a few countries for over six months due to "security issues" (their words), but they seem to have closed those holes. They've shown some remarkable improvement recently, though: is this the first time the thread has had two pages back-to-back with no-one reporting issues?

thanks a lot for your reply I am outside the USA and i usually buy games using visa electron or by using my google wallet checkout , I was trying to buy footballmanager 2013 by using the 25% off voucher code from greenmangaming but now i have to be careful :)

Thank you to all who answered my question about your experience with GMG. I'd quote you all tho thank you each, but there were like a half dozen of you who replied, and that would take up half the page. In any event, Thanks.

As for me, my only real problem has been with the checkout countdown. I have on occasion noticed that the site can get pretty slow at times. But I haven't used GMG enough for that to be truly frustrating. And thankfully I've never experienced problems with payment denials or security issues.

[quote name='rybrad']Yea they do, I used the 30% off code on a pre-order and got the 35% off voucher in "My Keys". If yours is not there, I would contact their customer support.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I will contact them

Bought Tomb Raider for $29.25 (after taking the short survey, which provided a 35% code).

So apparently I will soon be getting a promo code for 35% off something else which I have 21 days to spend...

35% code WINTR-SRVEY-42012

Code works for all regardless of whether you take the survey or not - here's a link for anyone who's interested in taking it. It's fairly brief.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bizzquik']Bought Tomb Raider for $29.25 (after taking the short survey, which provided a 35% code).

So apparently I will soon be getting a promo code for 35% off something else which I have 21 days to spend...[/QUOTE]

I'm really tempted to do the same thing, Tomb Raider looks really good. Just not sure what I'd use the next voucher on.

[quote name='aronater']Took that survey and got the code... anyone knows if it stacks with the 25% code?[/QUOTE]

It won't stack with any other code. I tried.

It will stack on top of sales but you won't be able to use more than one voucher code at a time for a single item.

[quote name='Motoki']It won't stack with any other code. I tried.

It will stack on top of sales but you won't be able to use more than one voucher code at a time for a single item.[/QUOTE]
Oh well... was worth a try. Thanks for responding.

[quote name='unluckynumber11']Got the Borderlands 2 Season Pass for $19.50 with that code. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm very tempted to do the same. It's just with the upcoming holiday sales...I just don't know if I should.

Am I the only one seeing F.E.A.R. 3 (Steamworks) at $4.99? It's been that price before, but if code GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6 works on it, I think $3.75 would be the cheapest yet?

[quote name='PenguinJim']Am I the only one seeing F.E.A.R. 3 (Steamworks) at $4.99? It's been that price before, but if code GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6 works on it, I think $3.75 would be the cheapest yet?[/QUOTE]

It's according to how you divvy up the pricing, but Amazon's F.E.A.R Bundle is typically $9.99 when it goes on sale and that includes Extraction point and Perseus Mandate. So, 3 or 5 games according to how you look at it. Still, $3.25/$3.75 is a pretty decent deal if all you're looking for is that one.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Am I the only one seeing F.E.A.R. 3 (Steamworks) at $4.99? It's been that price before, but if code GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6 works on it, I think $3.75 would be the cheapest yet?[/QUOTE]
Gamersgate had a bundle of all 3 F.E.A.R. games for $7.50, during the Halloween sale.

[quote name='mkernan']...or use WINTR-SRVEY-42012 and it's $3.25[/QUOTE]
It's a one time use code though and good all month. Up to you if saving the extra fifty cents is worth it. I'm waiting to see what hits the Christmas sales.

[quote name='Syntax Error']It's a one time use code though and good all month. Up to you if saving the extra fifty cents is worth it. I'm waiting to see what hits the Christmas sales.[/QUOTE]

Oh. Whoops.... :/

Well I've been trying for over an hour(across two days) to checkout and can't get it to work. I'm getting this error every single time:

"Your Payment Provider has not authorised your purchase. This may be because some banks (incorrectly) believe that Green Man Gaming is a gambling website. Please contact your bank to discuss your order. We are working with these banks to resolve this issue."

First of all, the UK spelling of authorized gives my post red squiggles, and it's annoying. :p More importantly I've tried everything I can think of, including using Paypal funds directly(so it's not any bank issue), and it's still failing on the final purchase screen.

I've purchased through them no less than 2 times before, with these same accounts and settings... Once that was only about 2 months back... so what's wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back