Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Seen a 20% off voucher on the Rise of the Triad facebook page as well (probably the same as the one posted by CheapyD). Pre-ordered Rise of the Triad and got the classic games pack as well. Tried installing it on my Mac but I need to update my OS X to 10.7 for the classic games to work, not a big deal since I'll have to play the newer game on a PC for now. Supported the developers in hopes of a Mac version just so I can have the game on my laptop also.

There are cashback offers on a few of the pricier games, it seems.  You can get $2.50 back in store credit on Tomb Raider, effectively bringing the game to $10 (I think that's the cheapest it's ever been).  Not a bad deal.

It seems as if the vouchers don't work anymore. I was hoping to use a 20% off voucher on a few of the older Hitman games. Boo.
Yeah, expired when the weekend deal went up. Was disappoint, wanted to grab Tomb Raider for $10 plus the $2.50 credit, making it $7.50 but no luck. Sometimes they leave the codes valid for a bit extra, but they were on the ball with deactivating it today

I can confirm that both codes do not work - I, too, was hoping for a little added discount on Tomb Raider 2013.

At least the price matches the Steam Summer Sale, and the deals on the older games are excellent.

There are cashback offers on a few of the pricier games, it seems. You can get $2.50 back in store credit on Tomb Raider, effectively bringing the game to $10 (I think that's the cheapest it's ever been). Not a bad deal.
It was cheaper on GG UK if you had the 20% off discount (was about $9).

Square Enix weekend - 75% off:
Why is WOT telling me your URL is sending me to a bad site?

Anyways, Glad Deus Ex GOTY went on sale. During the summer sale, only HR and the Complete Pack went on mega-discount, not Deus Ex solo.

Also: Kinda bummed out im not getting store credit for pre-ordering Rise of the Triad a few weeks ago.

Edit: After thinking about it, it's not that big of a deal. I used a 25% off coupon on ROTT i think, so I saved $3.75 anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is WOT telling me your URL is sending me to a bad site?

Anyways, Glad Deus Ex GOTY went on sale. During the summer sale, only HR and the Complete Pack went on mega-discount, not Deus Ex solo.

Also: Kinda bummed out im not getting store credit for pre-ordering Rise of the Triad a few weeks ago.

Edit: After thinking about it, it's not that big of a deal. I used a 25% off coupon on ROTT i think, so I saved $3.75 anyways.
I dunno, i just copy pasta'd out of their blog page, or email, dont remember which. Its probably the redirect's in those URL's from their blog

but yea, had to pick up invisible war, was the one I was missing. Know its not as good as the others, but for that figured I may as well complete it

but yea, had to pick up invisible war, was the one I was missing. Know its not as good as the others, but for that figured I may as well complete it
I first played it long ago on Xbox. It's still a good game... its reputation really suffers from having the "Deus Ex" name and being constantly compared to its predecessor (which is one of the best games I've ever played). It's not as good as the others, no, but it's still pretty fun, as long as you don't go into the game with unrealistically high expectations.

I first played it long ago on Xbox. It's still a good game... its reputation really suffers from having the "Deus Ex" name and being constantly compared to its predecessor (which is one of the best games I've ever played). It's not as good as the others, no, but it's still pretty fun, as long as you don't go into the game with unrealistically high expectations.
I just wish Deus Ex: IW would remove the annoying unified-ammo system. It was terrible. When you used-up a canister, you were out of ammo for ALL weapons.

Hell, I'd have even preferred what some modern games do - when you pick-up ammo, it picks up its own separate ammo #'s for ALL of your weapons.

Just wondering, what happens if you say get The Bureau deal with the extra games & u already have extra games on your GMG account? do you get an extra copy?

All jokes aside, is the Kane & Lynch Pack worth the $4.24? I have never played any of the games.
I played the first one on Xbox, and I enjoyed it. It's a cool story done very well like a movie, interesting characters, solid cover shooter. Nothing special, but it's fun for a playthrough. LOTS of swearing though, so if that bothers you, I'd steer clear.

Can't say anything about the second one. Have it, haven't played it.

I played the first one on Xbox, and I enjoyed it. It's a cool story done very well like a movie, interesting characters, solid cover shooter. Nothing special, but it's fun for a playthrough. LOTS of swearing though, so if that bothers you, I'd steer clear.

Can't say anything about the second one. Have it, haven't played it.
Kane & Lynch 2 on the PC is more of the same - but much better.

Cover system's better; story & characters are crazier; and K&L2 PC uses Steam (instead of G4WL, which K&L1 used).

Plus, Nixxes handled the port - and the game, back when it came out, looked REALLY good & ran really well.

Both games are not great - but they're surely worth $4.24 for the SP campaigns, if you ask me.

It's a shame back when I played both, barely anybody played the MP even then! The MP was different & fun - you know, if you could ever get lucky then and get a game going. Nowadays - I doubt anybody's playing the MP.

For the truly CAGly...

Kane & Lynch Pack = $4.24

Kane & Lynch: DM $1.74 + Kane & Lynch 2: DD $2.49 = $4.23

;)

Kane & Lynch 2 on the PC is more of the same - but much better.
Cover system's better; story & characters are crazier; and K&L2 PC uses Steam (instead of G4WL, which K&L1 used).
Plus, Nixxes handled the port - and the game, back when it came out, looked REALLY good & ran really well.

Both games are not great - but they're surely worth $4.24 for the SP campaigns, if you ask me.

It's a shame back when I played both, barely anybody played the MP even then! The MP was different & fun - you know, if you could ever get lucky then and get a game going. Nowadays - I doubt anybody's playing the MP.
I felt differently about them. The first game was great, but the second provides very little innovation and is only about 5 hours long. It all takes place in that one area, which was a little annoying to me. I enjoyed Army of Two more than this series because it was a bit more exciting with the aggro meter. The story for K&L 1 is really good, but the rest is average. K&L 2 is crappy.

I felt differently about them. The first game was great, but the second provides very little innovation and is only about 5 hours long. It all takes place in that one area, which was a little annoying to me. I enjoyed Army of Two more than this series because it was a bit more exciting with the aggro meter. The story for K&L 1 is really good, but the rest is average. K&L 2 is crappy.
K&L1 ran like garbage on the PC that I ran it on. I had to throw just about most of the settings down. I'm betting that also didn't help matters, either.

I liked both games - but I do prefer K&L2.

I'd like to see a K&L3 - but I doubt that's going to happen, since they're namely sticking w/ just Hitman now.

Kane & Lynch 1's story is... pretty damn intense. Too bad the game is absolutely bug-ridden, including a frankly unbelievable sound bug that makes the game unplayable because of... get this... things plugged into your USB ports.

Instead of them fixing the game, they want you to unplug anything that uses USB from your computer.

I still want the game on my Steam account. I just can't justify buying it again IF THEY REFUSE TO FIX THAT BUG.

Kane & Lynch 1's story is... pretty damn intense. Too bad the game is absolutely bug-ridden, including a frankly unbelievable sound bug that makes the game unplayable because of... get this... things plugged into your USB ports.

Instead of them fixing the game, they want you to unplug anything that uses USB from your computer.

I still want the game on my Steam account. I just can't justify buying it again IF THEY REFUSE TO FIX THAT BUG.
Even a controller?

If you have lots of things plugged into the USB ports, the game hangs, slows down, or just plain crashes.

Even a controller.

It's stupid. IT'S BEYOND STUPID. This is Gearbox-refusing-to-remove-Securom-from-the-Borderlands-DLC-packs levels of stupid.

Oh, the GMG voucher expired just before the current sales started.

If you have lots of things plugged into the USB ports, the game hangs, slows down, or just plain crashes.

Even a controller.

It's stupid. IT'S BEYOND STUPID. This is Gearbox-refusing-to-remove-Securom-from-the-Borderlands-DLC-packs levels of stupid.
Well that really sucks. Unless someone still uses a PS/2 mouse. Maybe it's a secret push towards retro gaming.

You just saved me $4 with this post :joystick:

I'm so close to biting on The Bureau.  I just need a bit more incentive since I own all the bonus games.  C'mon GMG stack it with a voucher or something.

20% off code: GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN

These deals are all available until 1500 UTC August 5th:

More Deals:

I had little trouble on the PS2 version of Vice City's RC heli, but keyboard and mouse is a different story altogether. Either way, $2 for it is well worth it if you've got any interest at all. I'll probably have more trouble revisiting San Andreas after V is out (a similar thing happened for me after IV came out in comparison to III's Liberty City), but Vice City's atmosphere will remain one of my favorite open worlds for a very long time.

Picked up Aliens Colonial Marines + Season pass for $8. Came as two unlabeled keys. First key was the season pass, second key was the game itself.

The base game is also available for $5 on the Sega store site for those who aren't interested in getting the season pass. http://us.download-shop.sega.com/buy-download-pc-games/Aliens:whistle2:Colonial-Marines%28TM%29-3072-38.html
I've been thinking about getting this. Is it still as bad as a lot of people say it is? I read that the campaign is 5-6hrs...

It seems weird that LA Noire is on sale for $4.99, but neither the complete edition or DLC pack are on sale.  I asked about it on their blog post yesterday, but got no response.

Im going back and forth on Aliens.  It was supposed to be awful but I heard the single player DLC was pretty good.  Any opinions out there?

Is it true that you have to download a modified EXE to be able to play Manhunt on Windows 7? I want to buy it, but that bothers me.

Why doesn't Rockstar just fix the damn game or remove it from the store instead of selling it like it is? :\

bread's done
Back