Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Is it true that you have to download a modified EXE to be able to play Manhunt on Windows 7? I want to buy it, but that bothers me.

Why doesn't Rockstar just fix the damn game or remove it from the store instead of selling it like it is? :\
As I understand, changing the .exe wasn't necessary until rockstar launched an "update", and all the fixes stopped working

Well, I caved and bought Aliens Colonial Marines + Season Pass for $8.

I suppose there are worse things to spend $8 on, though I'm hard pressed to think of any. I'll find out soon enough. Downloading, now...

I'm really happy to see GMG get into the 4 pack business. This is new and really just puts them over the edge as the best priced retailer online.

Sanctum 2 4 Pack is also $14.99 so best price yet?

Right now? No one. Amazon was great, but they are sleeping since... I can't remember, maybe a couple months or even more

Yeah, Amazon fell off.

I'm in a minority within a minority, though, because I felt that they had either an amazing deal or bullshit deals like 75% off indies.

Not much consistency.

Last edited by a moderator:
That IS an amazing deal. Back during the SSS, the 4-pack was $20, and they were out of my inventory in less than 10 minutes.

The game just added a new character this morning, too. Rome II themed, apparently.
They just added Company of Heroes themed characters not too long ago too so they are continually updating. Very eclectic cast of character but a super fun game.

There's very few games I spend a significant amount of time in and this is one of them. Anyone who has the slightest interest in cart/racing type games it's a steal at this price.

Yeah, Amazon fell off.

I'm in a minority within a minority, though, because I felt that they had either an amazing deal or bullshit deals like 75% off indies.

Not much consistency.
Well now they are consistent in not having good deals. :p

Amazon basically exists at this point so Europeans on Reddit can bypass regional pricing while Amazon turns a blind eye to it and pretends to be ignorant of it all.

Yeah, Amazon fell off.

Not much consistency.
There are some nice indie deals, but no one post about them, there's no way one can now about them unless you're F5 on the main store

Yeah, Amazon fell off.

Not much consistency.
Nah, that's been the reality for most of Amazon's DVG existence. It would just be that the crazy deals/bundles every few weeks made you forget the lamer sales. But probably since like January they have not had any crazy good deals IMO.

There were some gems in the May sale.
Hmmm, I might have missed them then. I mean they had some decent stuff. Like the recent indie promo was good and coincided with the Steam card rush, but it wasn't great. Granted they won't hit a home run every week, I just feel last year I was just throwing money at Amazon every other week with bundles and crazy deals and this year I just check the sale and wait til the next week.

Anyone doing a 4-pack on Sanctum 2? Same price as Sonic Racing, $3 a copy.

I can a bit over $3 for a copy if you want things on Steam (I buy them for you, you give me a Sanctum 2 copy), maybe PayPal if need be.

PM me!

Hmmm, I might have missed them then. I mean they had some decent stuff. Like the recent indie promo was good and coincided with the Steam card rush, but it wasn't great. Granted they won't hit a home run every week, I just feel last year I was just throwing money at Amazon every other week with bundles and crazy deals and this year I just check the sale and wait til the next week.
I only really started following Amazon deals when I started hanging out here late last summer. However, I largely started hanging out here as I was following the amazing Amazon deals. (And hoped for deals. The 1c pack was announced around that time.) It did seem that just about every week came with some new awesome bundle. That ran through the January sale. After that, it seemed Amazon had lost its mojo. I grabbed Spore Complete at a best-ever price with coupon in February and a Ticket To Ride pack in March, but that's far less than I had been grabbing.

May had nice deals on Rockstar titles, Hitman Absolution, Drakensang River of Time, Testament of Sherlock Holmes and others. It felt, to me, that Amazon was back. It was a short-lived feeling.

I only really started following Amazon deals when I started hanging out here late last summer. However, I largely started hanging out here as I was following the amazing Amazon deals. (And hoped for deals. The 1c pack was announced around that time.) It did seem that just about every week came with some new awesome bundle. That ran through the January sale. After that, it seemed Amazon had lost its mojo. I grabbed Spore Complete at a best-ever price with coupon in February and a Ticket To Ride pack in March, but that's far less than I had been grabbing.

May had nice deals on Rockstar titles, Hitman Absolution, Drakensang River of Time, Testament of Sherlock Holmes and others. It felt, to me, that Amazon was back. It was a short-lived feeling.
Ah yeah, the Rockstar stuff wasn't bad, but I just decided to play through them on PS2 than rebuy them.

I did get in on the Sherlock Holmes glitch, but considered it a glitch.

Hitman was good, but I got it for around the same from GG before then. And Drakensang was good too, but I think it hits that price often on Amazon, it just is considered "casual" for some reason so it gets buried.

The CAG Indie Bundles were pretty great, forgot about those, but they sold out and still haven't come back (doubt they will). I think 1C is also a dream at this point :(

Ah yeah, the Rockstar stuff wasn't bad, but I just decided to play through them on PS2 than rebuy them.

I did get in on the Sherlock Holmes glitch, but considered it a glitch.

Hitman was good, but I got it for around the same from GG before then. And Drakensang was good too, but I think it hits that price often on Amazon, it just is considered "casual" for some reason so it gets buried.

The CAG Indie Bundles were pretty great, forgot about those, but they sold out and still haven't come back (doubt they will). I think 1C is also a dream at this point :(
It was a glitch that lasted quite a long time, if it was a glitch. Camelcamelcamel didn't turn up earlier Drakensang deals.

Even if 1C shows up now, is it worth getting? After all of the bundles with 1C games?

Well, I caved and bought Aliens Colonial Marines + Season Pass for $8.I suppose there are worse things to spend $8 on, though I'm hard pressed to think of any. I'll find out soon enough. Downloading, now...
I tried the first level and enjoyed it. Not sure it's as bad as everyone says.

Not that it's a bad deal or anything, but the Nazi Zombie Army 4-pack is the same price as four individual copies of the game, unlike most 4-packs which are at least 25% off or so. Just sayin'.

Not that it's a bad deal or anything, but the Nazi Zombie Army 4-pack is the same price as four individual copies, unlike most games where the 4-pack is at least 25% off. Just sayin'.

Edit: On Steam the 4-pack is $45 rather than $60 so yeah, not the best deal here. No idea how they come up with these weird pricing differences. 

Not that it's a bad deal or anything, but the Nazi Zombie Army 4-pack is the same price as four individual copies, unlike most games where the 4-pack is at least 25% off. Just sayin'.

Edit: On Steam the 4-pack is $45 rather than $60 so yeah, not the best deal here. No idea how they come up with these weird pricing differences.
Except for the fact that you can't get the individual copy for $3 AC, your logic is sound.

You can't right now, but if you're patient / lazy (or both!) waiting for a future deal wouldn't be a bad idea. It's all going in the backlog anyway, isn't it? ;)

You can't right now, but if you're patient / lazy (or both!) waiting for a future deal wouldn't be a bad idea. It's all going in the backlog anyway, isn't it? ;)
Smack dab in the middle of it, no doubt. Although, the idea of a slow-motion, brain-stem obliterating zombie kill shot is slightly appealing.

It's nice to have a backlog at this point. My Amazon DVG key page has 10 pages of sales alone from Nov 12 - Feb 13. From Feb 13 - Aug 13, 0 items. May had the indie stuff, but that seemed to have taken away the focus from non-indie games and was pretty meh. I think I've learned that it's still a good idea to pick stuff up when the deal is insane as that deal might not come back again...

Anybody hosting a 4-Pack for Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army or Chivalry: Medieval Warfare? I don't have PayPal, but I can pay with an Amazon GC.

Warning to y'all cats heading out the door: My CC was temporarily frozen yesterday until I confirmed that it was me who spent $5 at GMG. The charge that propelled them to investigate was the second one:

$2

This is common but it always sucks when you're out and you try to buy shit but you can't actually buy shit.

And the cashier is the one who tells you this.

2cc4b746-e85b-435b-8b69-6bcb369ca2dd_zpsa812ead6.jpg

Warning to y'all cats heading out the door: My CC was temporarily frozen yesterday until I confirmed that it was me who spent $5 at GMG. The charge that propelled them to investigate was the second one:

$2

This is common but it always sucks when you're out and you try to buy shit but you can't actually buy shit.

+1 thanks for the heads-up

Am I the only one that feels like this may actually happen to Jason Terry sometime in the next 5 years? But he actually won't be able to buy shit, because he won't have any money.

Am I the only one that feels like this may actually happen to Jason Terry sometime in the next 5 years? But he actually won't be able to buy shit, because he won't have any money.

Antoine Walker'd

[customspoiler='Searched for Antoine shimmy .gif and got this: Cold.']
tumblr_lhvll7rO8r1qhkq6oo1_500.gif
[/customspoiler]

$2

Yeah, that happened to me a couple years ago with Gamefly. Your card randomly gets declined but works fine other places, you eventually get annoyed and call the credit card people who tell you that your card has a fraud alert because of a charge you made after generating a temporary credit card number to use online, and then you realize THAT'S the reason why Ticketmaster wouldn't let you buy those tickets to the TOOL concert which then immediately sold out.

Thankfully I haven't experienced that problem again.

bread's done
Back