Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

I loved the original but it sounds like a game to just skip and not even bother. Thanks Bobby.
I'd disagree with his assessment. A better question would be: do you like sneaking around in shadows, stealing everything in sight without ever touching a guard? If the answer is yes, you'll probably enjoy Thief, especially for $20. The game certainly isn't without issue but it's a solid stealth game and is mostly enjoyable if you like stealing stuff and ghosting. If it hadn't been called Thief, it certainly wouldn't have received the scorn it did (similar to Hitman: Absolution). If your enjoyment of stealth games extends beyond the Thief series and you aren't expecting a remake, you'll probably have fun.

I'd disagree with his assessment. A better question would be: do you like sneaking around in shadows, stealing everything in sight without ever touching a guard? If the answer is yes, you'll probably enjoy Thief, especially for $20. The game certainly isn't without issue but it's a solid stealth game and is mostly enjoyable if you like stealing stuff and ghosting. If it hadn't been called Thief, it certainly wouldn't have received the scorn it did (similar to Hitman: Absolution). If your enjoyment of stealth games extends beyond the Thief series and you aren't expecting a remake, you'll probably have fun.
I refute your reassessment with two words. Excessive dubstep. That is all. :p

I'll admit it gets a little extra crap for having the Thief name (because the originals while done years ago were just executed better), but it's just not that good. The last mission/ending alone is just.. no. The originals were far from perfect, but this is just a massive wasted opportunity. I'm not saying it's terrible and should be avoided like the plague or anything, just not worth $20, especially considering Squeenix's M.O. when it comes to putting their titles on sale. And yes, it suffered troubled development (specifically the frequent changing of staff), and it shows.

I'm one of those who thought Absolution was a bad Hitman game, but still enjoyed it overall. I did not enjoy Thi4f nearly as much.

Last edited by a moderator:
GMG and DRM varies from title to title. For WildStar it says Other DRM and it being an NCSoft title I suspect it has its own installed/boot exe much like The Secret World or Elder Scrolls Online provided by the publisher. (aka no extra DRM from GMG at all.)
hmm ok well what about my other question: do i need a client? do i need to d.load a client from them to get the game or can i just d.load it directly with the key they give me? I dont want to put anything other than steam on my computer. Basically i want to know if i can just d.load the game directly without a client or additional DRM

hmm ok well what about my other question: do i need a client? do i need to d.load a client from them to get the game or can i just d.load it directly with the key they give me? I dont want to put anything other than steam on my computer. Basically i want to know if i can just d.load the game directly without a client or additional DRM
There is no gmg client. You buy the game they send the key and you put the key in whatever drm client it belongs to such as steam, origin, uplay, etc.

Like a lot of MMOs, Wildstar should use it's own launcher for downloading, patching and playing.

There is no gmg client.
Capsule is the best client, evar. #FakeCAG

I was playing Fez yesterday for the rewards... Glad I did, it is actually pretty nice. That being said, Is not a game I will be playing too often (don't even know if I will be playing it again ever) because is not my kind of game. But you can feel the love that douchedev put on it.

5 points from Hufflepuff.
Wut?

I was playing Fez yesterday for the rewards... Glad I did, it is actually pretty nice. That being said, Is not a game I will be playing too often (don't even know if I will be playing it again ever) because is not my kind of game. But you can feel the love that douchedev put on it.
Heard that from many... I do need to play it and do plan on playing it... but since playfire doesn't work for me it won't be anytime soon.

7 Days of Stuff continues with LEGO games.

75% off the Batmans, the Harry Potters, the Lord of the Rings, and the "Complete" pack.

20% off voucher might work on the bundle, tried it on a single game but no deal. O3H7FE-D4NFO0-F0LIGK
I think a lot of the LEGO stuff was on sale yesterday with the Day 1 deals, maybe continuing throughout the week.

7 Days of Deals summary:

(4/14) Day 1 deals:

(4/15) Day 2 deals:

Coupon Codes (expire 4/22, excludes selected titles**):

• 10% off: 3VUROJ-VOU4IC-RHVA7N
  • 20% off: O3H7FE-D4NFO0-F0LIGK from 4/14 e-mail newsletter
  • **Selected titles - whatever the fuck that means. Neither the blog nor newsletter care to elaborate, so expect that it doesn't work on newer releases and/or whatever random game GMG hits on a dartboard that day.

Don't worry, it's a Paradox game. Won't take too long for it to be cheaper.

Wonder if using rewards credit on a price glitch is double piracy? :whistle2:k
Oh it's for sure double piracy. Try buying a price glitch on steam using card money from a game you got with rewards credit, that you on top of that got rewards credit for. To make matters worse the game you got the initial rewards credit for to buy said game with cards was from a penny humble bundle before the 1 dollar minimum for steam keys went into effect.

That's like murder.

This is a pretty crappy Day 2. I'm assuming it's because the Day 1 deals are live for 48 hours (so they're still around). That said, I'm in for the 2 Duke Nukems I don't have (just got Manhattan Project from Gala the other day), because why not?

Still on the fence about Worms, it doesn't help that 360 has a really good set of DLC sales this week so the wallet's tight, and I still have no idea whether or not they're going to run a Sega sale. Thanks for all the input, everybody.

I thought Worms: Reloaded was pretty much Armageddon 2 though? I used to play Armageddon/World Party when I was younger through erm.. less than legal means. I have Worms/Worms2/Worms Ultimate Mayhem on Xbox, but I really miss playing the 2D classics on a PC. I'd just get Armageddon (I have no idea why World Party and such isn't on Steam/in the collection, so you're not alone in thinking that), but the other 2D Worms games look pretty good.

Where are you seeing the 48 hr thing, Bobby? I'm been back-&-forth'ing on ffVIII, but I assumed it would last the entirety of the sale.
Neuro beat me to it, but they're here -> http://blog.playfire.com/2014/04/7-days-of-deals-on-gmg.html#more

Unfortunately, they don't specify whether or not those are the only Worms items that will stop being on sale.. >.< I'm tempted to bother them and ask if the Collection will be up all week long or not. Any suggestions about how I should go about this?

Okay, so upon further inspection, it seems that the GMG page for the Worms Collection is missing Worms: Clan Wars.

Worms: Clan Wars is included in the corresponding collection on Steam (and I believe one Steam key is provided for everything if you buy the collection from GMG). How do I find out if the key they give me actually includes Clan Wars or not? Is there a DB I can check?

Okay, so upon further inspection, it seems that the GMG page for the Worms Collection is missing Worms: Clan Wars.

Worms: Clan Wars is included in the corresponding collection on Steam (and I believe one Steam key is provided for everything if you buy the collection from GMG). How do I find out if the key they give me actually includes Clan Wars or not? Is there a DB I can check?
Worms Collection was released before Clan Wars, so it does not include that game.

Hmm....looks like that was updated to include Clan Wars on Steam. Sub 38357, but I don't know if that's the same as what GMG offers.

Worms Collection was released before Clan Wars, so it does not include that game.
That link you gave me, has Clan Wars as the fourth title on the list. They must have added it at some point down the line. The question is will I get a key for the old collection, or a key for the new collection?

Edit: There's the DB entry. Thanks. I think I found one of the older entries for the pre-Clan Wars collection, so it exists. So this makes me nervous.

That link you gave me, has Clan Wars as the fourth title on the list. Look again. They must have added it at some point down the line. The question is will I get a key for the old collection, or a key for the new collection?
Updated my post about that, my bad. There's another sub that does not include Clan Wars, Sub 26511, which might have been what I was thinking of. This one came out about a year ago, which falls in line with GMG's Worms: Collection release date (May 14, 2013).

At any rate, I wouldn't assume it includes Clan Wars if it doesn't specifically list it.

Updated my post about that, my bad. There's another sub that does not include Clan Wars, Sub 26511, which might have been what I was thinking of. This one came out about a year ago, which falls in line with GMG's collection release date (May 14, 2013).

At any rate, I wouldn't assume it includes Clan Wars if it doesn't specifically list it.
Sounds about right. Damn, they were so close to getting my money too, but losing Clan Wars takes me off the fence. I'll just pray that Steam puts the collection on sale for a comparable price, thanks for the help.

Agreed. I'm extremely pleasantly surprised by it. The rotating viewpoint is what makes it so unique. It completely defies logic and physics on a regular basis but it's what really makes the game.

Agreed. I'm extremely pleasantly surprised by it. The rotating viewpoint is what makes it so unique. It completely defies logic and physics on a regular basis but it's what really makes the game.
Same here ! I got it during that recent humble bundle and heard about that trainwreck, so I was like.. man I'll probably never play this game so I sold it. But then I got it again through a trade just to play for the rewards and it was actually really good. And I don't even like platformers, but it was really unique and I do like puzzles.

was going to post a pic, but a moderate image search on bing returned nothing, but did bring me closer to another $5 amazon gift credit.
I found this:

thumb_gbehh_Pirate_card.jpg

But I had to use the inferior gaggle.

Double posting because, uhhh...

Warlock 2: The Exiled is 75% off. glitch'd

This game was just released.

edit: Voucher works on the Great Mage edition.
its_a_trap.gif

It'll be in a bundle 6 months from now. Don't worry people.

... the other 2D Worms games look pretty good.
Looks can be deceiving. The physics on every game besides Armageddon (and the old ones) and Clan Wars are sluggish and broken. Clan Wars amazingly just about fixed the physics problems of Revolution (which is a welcome change, since Revolution and Clan Wars are almost carbon copies in every other way), but unfortunately it still suffers from bad animations, weird graphical slowdowns, and general weak play that has plagued the Worms series since Armageddon.

I actually got Clan Wars pre-release and wrote a review for PanicGamer.com on it awhile back, if you want deeper insight into it: http://panicgamer.com/PC-detail/review-worms-clan-wars/

Better get those Poker Nights if you don't have

$1.24 - 20% = $1 - $0.1 cashback = $0.9

Both has £0.85 rewards which is ~$1.4

I have both... :(

Edit: Games doesn't support controllers at all, silently refusing to launch if you have one plugged in.

Better get those Poker Nights if you don't have

$1.24 - 20% = $1 - $0.1 cashback = $0.9

Both has £0.85 rewards which is ~$1.4

I have both... :(

Edit: Games doesn't support controllers at all, silently refusing to launch if you have one plugged in.
I can launch PN2 just fine with a controller plugged in, not sure about the first game though.

7 Days of Deals summary:

(4/14) Day 1 deals: [customspoiler=Expired 4/14, 16:00 UTC][/customspoiler]

(4/15) Day 2 deals:(4/16) Day 3 deals:Coupon Codes (expire 4/22, no minimums, excludes selected titles**):
  • 10% off:  3VUROJ-VOU4IC-RHVA7N
  • 20% off:  O3H7FE-D4NFO0-F0LIGK  from 4/14 e-mail newsletter
  • **Selected titles - whatever the fuck that means.  Neither the blog nor newsletter care to elaborate, so expect that it doesn't work on newer releases and/or whatever random game GMG hits on a dartboard that day.

Think I'll get the Bone games. Missed them last time they were 75% off. I have Law and Order directly from Telltale.com because I like to have my games spread out as much as possible.

Think I'll get the Bone games. Missed them last time they were 75% off. I have Law and Order directly from Telltale.com because I like to have my games spread out as much as possible.
Is it DRM FREE from telltale. Not that I care I figured I would just channel mysterd and ask questions that I don't care knowing the answer to, just to post.

Damn, no Sega sale. Oh well, at least today's offerings are better than yesterday's.

So, continuing the Worms Collection saga, the deal ended today and I noticed the MSRP between it and the Steam version is different, so yeah, probably an old key. I'm tempted to eat a key for Crazy Golf (waste by redeeming a key ahead of buying a collection with the game in it) so I can get the Playfire rewards on it. Does anyone know if they repeat rewards/achievement rewards? Crazy Golf just seems like an unlikely repeat...

Aside from that, two important things. These deals are 48 hours only like the Day 1 stuff:

[SIZE=x-small]Available until Friday 18 April, 2014 @ 16:00 UK time:[/SIZE]

Second, these are the new rewards (majority are Telltale)

[SIZE=x-small]Available until Tuesday 22 April, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:[/SIZE]

• Back to the Future - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Battle Academy - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Jurassic Park: The Game - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Jurassic Park: The Game - unlock The First Dinosaurs On Our Tour - £0.10
  • Jurassic Park: The Game - unlock Stopping the Stalkers - £0.25
  • Jurassic Park: The Game - unlock Do-you-think-he-saurus Rex - £0.50
  • Poker Night 2 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Poker Night 2 - unlock I Tournament to Do That - £0.10
  • Poker Night 2 - unlock Sam to the Max - £0.25
  • Poker Night 2 - unlock We Are the 1% - £0.50
  • Poker Night at the Inventory - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Poker Night at the Inventory - unlock Flush - £0.10
  • Poker Night at the Inventory - unlock Down to the Green - £0.25
  • Poker Night at the Inventory - unlock Straight Flush - £0.50
  • Sam & Max: Season One - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Sam & Max: Season Two - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Tales of Monkey Island - play for the first time - £0.10

Don't forget that Super Meat Boy has rewards this week, if you're tempted to buy it since it's on sale. It has less than Fez, but it's still something. I'm gonna pray it gets bundled again..

Oh, and if someone is buying Tiny & Big from this sale for whatever reason, PM me.

Damn, no Sega sale. Oh well, at least today's offerings are better than yesterday's.

So, continuing the Worms Collection saga, the deal ended today and I noticed the MSRP between it and the Steam version is different, so yeah, probably an old key. I'm tempted to eat a key for Crazy Golf (waste by redeeming a key ahead of buying a collection with the game in it) so I can get the Playfire rewards on it. Does anyone know if they repeat rewards/achievement rewards? Crazy Golf just seems like an unlikely repeat...

Don't forget that Super Meat Boy has rewards this week, if you're tempted to buy it since it's on sale. It has less than Fez, but it's still something. I'm gonna pray it gets bundled again..
1) You might as well use the Worms Golf key if you have one; playfire hasn't repeated any rewards yet. Might as well try and get some value out of it, since I hear the game is awful, and it's pretty cheap anyway, so you wouldn't waste much.

2)For what it's worth, even though Meat Boy will probably get bundled again one day, it is fantastic, and well worth the price. If you already have GMG bucks to spend, I'd say go for it, especially if you have other stuff you want that pushes you over $10.

bread's done
Back