Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

I'm kind of glad I didn't wait for the complete edition of ToTD. I got the base game cheap on Tremor. There are major graphic glitches on some AMD cards (invisible zombies, missing body parts) that made the game frustrating to play.

I can't recommend buying it if you've got an AMD GPU, doesn't seem like they'll be patching it, and AMD haven't fixed it in their drivers.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/246580/discussions/0/540743212418198173/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/246580/discussions/0/558747922031150418/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/246580/discussions/0/558751813523074978/

Last edited by a moderator:
This is correct (unless there is a DLC I don't know about). I've edited my posting for more clarity...

75% off Typing Of the Dead - Complete Collection (Steam) - $7.74 [customspoiler=Includes]

• The Typing of the Dead: Overkill – Thou Filthy Love Collection[customspoiler=Includes]
    The Typing of the Dead: Overkill
  • The Typing of the Dead: Overkill - Filth of the Dead DLC
  • The Typing of the Dead: Overkill - Love at First Bite DLC
  • The Typing of the Dead: Overkill - Shakespeare DLC
[/customspoiler]
[*]The Typing of the Dead: Overkill - Silver Screen DLC
[*]The Typing of the Dead: Overkill - Dancing with the Dead DLC

[/customspoiler]
Haha okay, that makes more sense!

Still thinking about it (don't have AMD anything).

I'm kind of glad I didn't wait for the complete edition of ToTD. I got the base game cheap on Tremor. There are major graphic glitches on some AMD cards (invisible zombies, missing body parts) that made the game frustrating to play.

I can't recommend buying it if you've got an AMD GPU, doesn't seem like they'll be patching it, and AMD haven't fixed it in their drivers.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/246580/discussions/0/540743212418198173/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/246580/discussions/0/558747922031150418/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/246580/discussions/0/558751813523074978/
That's pretty weird. Do you know what cards are affected? The game works just fine on mine.

That's pretty weird. Do you know what cards are affected? The game works just fine on mine.
It happens to the Radeon HD 7000 series cards, I don't know about any others. I think one person managed to get it working properly on older drivers.. but that's a pain and could break other games.

The Mac Steam keys work for Windows, right?

GreenManGaming Mac sale....

* Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - $2.49

* RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum - $4.99

* Bioshock Infinite: Season Pass - $6.79

Does anyone know if GMG gives separate keys for each individual game in The Dreamcast Collection? I would like to get it but I already have Sonic Adventure DX.

It happens to the Radeon HD 7000 series cards, I don't know about any others. I think one person managed to get it working properly on older drivers.. but that's a pain and could break other games.
That's odd, I have a HD 7000 series card (the 7870) and I've played the first 3 chapters without any problems.

That's odd, I have a HD 7000 series card (I think the 7870 or 7770, will double check when I get home) and I've played the first 3 chapters without any problems.
Maybe they fixed it recently in a driver update? I haven't played it in a couple months, so it's possible.

From Squeenix, I'm still looking for a ~$3-4 Kane & Lynch Complete bundle. I've been curious about playing them since they are supposed to be so terrible, but some people say they aren't too bad. 

From GMG - I need a nice pre-order deal on Borderlands Pre-Sequel. No coupon tomfoolery, since I want to use my credit -- just cheap! 

From Squeenix, I'm still looking for a ~$3-4 Kane & Lynch Complete bundle. I've been curious about playing them since they are supposed to be so terrible, but some people say they aren't too bad.

From GMG - I need a nice pre-order deal on Borderlands Pre-Sequel. No coupon tomfoolery, since I want to use my credit -- just cheap!
I'm still waiting for them to fix Kane & Lynch 1 so GFWL is replaced by Steamworks and all the weird audio bugs that are present for a lot of players are fixed.

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men's biggest problem back in the day to me was that its cover system was half-broken + half-working. Basically, you'd walk up to (what you hope would be) cover, thinking it'd drop you into cover - flip a coin; maybe it will, maybe it won't.

Also, back then, when I played it - it ran like garbage on most systems (including the system I ran it on, back then); and it used the horrible G4WL. IIRC, it was somewhere around 8-10 hours.

Kane & Lynch 2 was a major improvement - it used Steamworks this time around; you had a button now to let you enter + exit cover (fixes my major gripe w/ the first game); it looked really strong technically (at that time) on the system that I ran it on; and it ran very well on my system back then too. But, K&L2 was not the longest game by any means w/ its SP, either - took me about 6-7 hours, IIRC. Though, this game's SP was a bit shorter than the first game.

Also, keep this in mind - when I play, I often do take my time. So, don't be surprised that if you play the game, you finish each game much-much quicker than I did - as these games are notorious for being finished quickly...as in half the amount of time I spent with each one.

Both Kane + Lynch games are both bat-crap crazy + ridiculous - namely, I'm talking about its story, plot + actual characters. The game's dark, violent, and often flat-out ridiculous. If that's your cup of tea - you'll like that stuff. Also, these characters are despicable - so if you're one of those who want their protagonists to be like-able in some way, you're playing the wrong game. If you don't care about them being like-able - well, then you're off to a better start!

My biggest problem w/ both games - pretty much, SP was likely pretty much it for you; and those campaigns weren't long by any means, anyways. To make matters worse - trying to get into a MP major sucked....b/c nobody was playing this freaking game online! It was DEAD! If you did get into a game, it was A LOT of fun to play - but majorly short-lived...b/c if players drop-out, you'll be waiting forever to get another game going.

If you're getting Kane + Lynch - b/c of its lack of content, replay value, and very likely nobody's playing the MP - I'd suggest if you get them, get them when they're insanely cheap.

I was waiting for a Capcom sale on GMG.. so I can use some of my useless GMG credit on RE4, but no RE games are on sale wtf???

I feel like GMG doesn't want me to buy anything from their store.

Pre-purchase any of the selected titles below and receive a free copy of Gun Monkeys, Canyon Capers and Sanctum as well as a free EVE Online Starter Pack (which includes a 30-day free trial and a 4-add-on pack). This pack is worth $43!.
:roll:

Yeah the GMG Capcom Sale is very disappointing. Dead Rising 2 is $9.99? Considering that this game is very old and was free at one time for Xbox 360 Gold Members-that is just way too much even as a sale price. Pretty strange that there isn't a single RE title on there.

jdelrio22, on 23 Sept 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:
Any deals on borderlands the presequel for US guys?
Does the 25% off coupon on the front page work for it? It worked for me when I pre-ordered NBA 2K15 earlier today (also 2K) so Id assume it would work for Borderlands. NBA's regular price is 59.99 and the coupon brought it down to $45 flat. Outside of that, its going to be tough to find anything much better than this pre-release outside of the unauthorized key sellers.

bread's done
Back