Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='avwjase']When they fix their site and are able to take VISA credit cards, let me know. It is a frickin' joke when a card has $9000 in free credit on it and I can't charge a $35 video game to it. I tried it again this afternoon and it still wouldn't accept my card and it appears I am not alone.

So, tell GMG to fix their payment options if they want people to buy their stuff.[/QUOTE]
They took my card just fine after calling my card company and telling them it was a valid transaction. If you live in the US there is a good chance your card company flagged it since it was an international transaction. I understand you are frustrated but I can't do anything for you.

Saints Row 3 for $34 is good enough to get me to cancel my 360 gold box preorder with Amazon. I wish GMG had a similar deal for Skyrim; I'm not excited to pay $60 for it.

This is also the second time GMG was flagged by my cc's fraud prevention. They turned off my card. I had to call them again and again tell them GMG was a legit purchase.

[quote name='Gosford']Saints Row 3 for $34 is good enough to get me to cancel my 360 gold box preorder with Amazon. I wish GMG had a similar deal for Skyrim; I'm not excited to pay $60 for it.

This is also the second time GMG was flagged by my cc's fraud prevention. They turned off my card. I had to call them again and again tell them GMG was a legit purchase.[/QUOTE]
No need to pay $60 for Skyrim. Sign up for a free 30 day trial of IGN Prime and buy it on D2D for ~$45. Just make sure to turn off auto-renew on the trial.

[quote name='rybrad']No need to pay $60 for Skyrim. Sign up for a free 30 day trial of IGN Prime and buy it on D2D for ~$45. Just make sure to turn off auto-renew on the trial.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for taking the thread off track, but I don't see the option for a free trial of Prime on their site. Maybe they removed it due to people abusing it for Skyrim or am I missing something?

[quote name='Killbomb']Sorry for taking the thread off track, but I don't see the option for a free trial of Prime on their site. Maybe they removed it due to people abusing it for Skyrim or am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Same process was used to get the Bastion Soundtrack for free. Follow these steps:
[quote name='atreyuevr']TL;DR? Follow the yellow brick road.

As for the Bastion soundtrack, it's free to IGN Prime subscribers. Go here, go to the Prime tab (if you have trouble, click on the MyIGN tab/button at the top of the page and on the following page there will be a "Prime" tab, click on it and in the middle of the page will be a link to sign up for a 30-day free trial). I had trouble with this as the image in the middle of the screen didn't show up correctly, but I got past that by clicking the image hidden behind the blank box covering the image link. This will link you to a sign up page, fill in your info, fill in your payment info (you will NOT be billed if you cancel before the 30-day trial is up) After signing up, you can immediately proceed to your account and cancel the auto-renewal of your subscription. This allows for 30 days of free IGN Prime exclusive bonuses without having to worry about being billed (assuming you followed the steps correctly). Enjoy the free IGN Prime perks.

Go here to get Bastion Soundtrack for FREE, once you've signed up.

Have questions? Send me a PM and I'll be happy to help you out. =]

EDIT: Re-posting so more CAGs see it![/QUOTE]

Yeah, not seeing anything about a free 30 day trial anymore ... almost spent $14 accidentally before I re-read the page and realized I was about to buy a 3 month membership.

[quote name='etcrane']Yeah, not seeing anything about a free 30 day trial anymore ... almost spent $14 accidentally before I re-read the page and realized I was about to buy a 3 month membership.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry about that, deleted my previous message, the free trial is no longer available. :cry:

[quote name='atreyuevr']Yeah, sorry about that, deleted my previous message, the free trial is no longer available. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Sucks that they took it down. Looks like D2D is still the best deal on Skyrim though if you want to play right away since GMG is not selling it.

Sorry about the free trial being taken down guys. It was up as of Friday. If I had to guess I would say they took it down because you were able to get Orcs Must Die, 3 pieces of Sanctum DLC and the Bastion soundtrack for free overt he past couple of weeks. I doubt they care about people getting 15% off Skyrim too much.

In on-topic news, new voucher code is up so prices are still good for now: PERFE-CTPRE-ORDR2

[quote name='rybrad']Sorry about the free trial being taken down guys. It was up as of Friday. If I had to guess I would say they took it down because you were able to get Orcs Must Die, 3 pieces of Sanctum DLC and the Bastion soundtrack for free overt he past couple of weeks. I doubt they care about people getting 15% off Skyrim too much. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't aware of all that when I first posted so you are probably right.

[quote name='Killbomb']Sucks that they took it down. Looks like D2D is still the best deal on Skyrim though if you want to play right away since GMG is not selling it.[/QUOTE]

Just in case you didn't know, if you bought the Frozen Synapse Humble Bundle, you should have received a few emails from D2D about how to redeem the game on their service. On the last related email was contained a 15% off any purchase on D2D's store with a few other coupon codes like Gamefly.

[quote name='odin08']Just in case you didn't know, if you bought the Frozen Synapse Humble Bundle, you should have received a few emails from D2D about how to redeem the game on their service. On the last related email was contained a 15% off any purchase on D2D's store with a few other coupon codes like Gamefly.[/QUOTE]

FYI the offers expired 10/31/11. =/ I was so bummed...

[quote name='atreyuevr']FYI the offers expired 10/31/11. =/ I was so bummed...[/QUOTE]

Aww man, sorry about that guys, never thought those would go so quickly. :cry:

[quote name='odin08']Aww man, sorry about that guys, never thought those would go so quickly. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Me either. =/ I was gonna use it to get MW3 for under $40... Ah well... =/

[quote name='rybrad']Saints Row deal is still going, no idea when it ends so make sure and grab it if you are interested.[/QUOTE]

Most definitely, and don't hesitate to use a referral link if you aren't already registered on the site. ;)

Loving these two preorder codes, but too bad they don't have more games to use them on. =/ Would've really liked to pick up another one.

Still don't understand why they won't take an unverified Paypal account. That and every time I try to use a credit card I get a message that my credit card company wouldn't authorize the payment. It's a PITA to buy anything from these people.

[quote name='Rehykja']Still don't understand why they won't take an unverified Paypal account. That and every time I try to use a credit card I get a message that my credit card company wouldn't authorize the payment. It's a PITA to buy anything from these people.[/QUOTE]

Wish there was a way I could help you guys out, but unfortunately GMG doesn't do gifting, so I'm SOL trying to help you. =/

For me, my account is verified with my bank account directly and I get no problems at all. This for sure isn't a problem with a mismatching of email addresses, right?

Still mixed on Saints Row. With so many good games it's hard to justify. It looks intriguing but may be over the top a bit too much for my tastes.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']anyone know when they are going send the codes for sr3 if we preordered?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they mentioned an earlier date for SR3, before the 11/18/11 release date they have posted up.

Hopefully 11/15/11 so we don't get left behind (for US buyers).

Deals over, price is back up to $41.97.

In regards to keys, you should receive them by US release date at the latest (assuming you are in the US). It is more likely that you will probably receive a key shortly after Steam makes pre-loads available.

[quote name='atreyuevr']Wish there was a way I could help you guys out, but unfortunately GMG doesn't do gifting, so I'm SOL trying to help you. =/

For me, my account is verified with my bank account directly and I get no problems at all. This for sure isn't a problem with a mismatching of email addresses, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, emails match. It's just my bank account isn't tied to my Paypal account (verified), so GMG won't accept my Paypal account. No biggie, I'll just grab SR3 from Amazon.

[quote name='Rehykja']Yeah, emails match. It's just my bank account isn't tied to my Paypal account (verified), so GMG won't accept my Paypal account. No biggie, I'll just grab SR3 from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's probably why. =/ Sorry that you couldn't get in on the deal. >.<

EDIT: If you picked up the free MoW: Red Tide that I mentioned earlier, it's currently able to be traded in for $5. ;)

[quote name='Rehykja']Still don't understand why they won't take an unverified Paypal account. That and every time I try to use a credit card I get a message that my credit card company wouldn't authorize the payment. It's a PITA to buy anything from these people.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me when trying to purchase SR3. Funny thing is, I've purchased from GMG 3 other times and had zero issues. I called my bank the next day, and they said there was no issue on their end, and said the problem was on GMG side.

Had problems trying to make a payment too. Wouldn't accept my credit card, and it got locked after trying. Also couldn't use my paypal account as it's not verified either. Took awhile to finally have an order to get through.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']And at the last minute, GMG gets Skyrim. It's currently $54[/QUOTE]

At least they got it before December. ;)

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']And at the last minute, GMG gets Skyrim. It's currently $54[/QUOTE]

Holy God! I didn't believe you so I had to check for myself. This is awesome news. My g/f is going to be pissed. Between Skyrim and SR3, I will become a recluse for a long time.

It is redeemable on Steam by the way.

Does anyone know when they are giving out keys? I would like to preload this game.

I saw on the site it said that they were giving out keys the day of release but I took Friday off of work, so I am going to be up on midnight on Thursday to play.

[quote name='atreyuevr']Meh... They planned it out and ended the PERFE-CTPRE-ORDR2 promo this morning... fuck[/QUOTE]

Yeah, D2D still has the better deal right now for US customers since you don't have to pay the conversion fee. C'mon GMG, give us another code! :D

[quote name='Galanthas']Same thing happened to me when trying to purchase SR3. Funny thing is, I've purchased from GMG 3 other times and had zero issues. I called my bank the next day, and they said there was no issue on their end, and said the problem was on GMG side.[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't let me pay with Paypal this time either. No way I'm linking Paypal to my bank account to save a few bucks on Saint's Row 3. So I use my Visa and it gets blocked. Then I get a robo-fraud alert call, but miss the number I'm supposed to call back. I call the number on the back of my CC and they tell me their system is down. Then the next morning, the issuing bank freezes my CC when my wife was out shopping with her friends. Glorious shopping experience, Green Man Gaming! At least a phone call to the CC company straightened everything out. After a couple of attempts with the CS rep monitoring the transaction online as I placed it, I was finally able to make the order go through. But Holy Hell, it's a pain in the ass to buy anything from that site!

[quote name='cycophuk']Holy God! I didn't believe you so I had to check for myself. This is awesome news. My g/f is going to be pissed. Between Skyrim and SR3, I will become a recluse for a long time.

It is redeemable on Steam by the way.[/QUOTE]

So you get a code you can redeem on Steam and preload?

[quote name='Number 905']So you get a code you can redeem on Steam and preload?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Skyrim uses full Steamworks, so every retail and DD key has to be entered into Steam to play.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Yes. Skyrim uses full Steamworks, so every retail and DD key has to be entered into Steam to play.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, what I was asking was if you received the key at time of purchase and if it was possible to enter the key now and preload the game.

[quote name='Number 905']Obviously, what I was asking was if you received the key at time of purchase and if it was possible to enter the key now and preload the game.[/QUOTE]
The way you worded it, it sounded like you weren't sure you got a Steam code at all. But either way, according to the product page, you get the key the day the game releases.

[quote name='rybrad']OP updated. Figures the one day I am insanely busy they drop a bomb like this.[/QUOTE]

you know anything about an upcoming promo code?

[quote name='kjs7']you know anything about an upcoming promo code?[/QUOTE]
Nope. Best guess would be a code for a couple dollars cheaper after the game releases.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Looks like not waiting and hoping for some crazy GMG Skyrim deal was the way to go, I bit on D2D a couple weeks back.[/QUOTE]

Does D2D give you a code to redeem on Steam? The reason I ask is because it doesn't say on their page that you need to use Steam to play the game whereas if you look at Dead Island it says you need it. I was hesitant to buy it from D2D cause I wanted to get it on Steam.

[quote name='Jason28']Does D2D give you a code to redeem on Steam? The reason I ask is because it doesn't say on their page that you need to use Steam to play the game whereas if you look at Dead Island it says you need it. I was hesitant to buy it from D2D cause I wanted to get it on Steam.[/QUOTE]
It is a Steamworks game so all copies must be registered on Steam. They will give you a key and pre-loading is active now.

bread's done
Back