Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

GMG really is awesome. I haven't had a gaming capable PC for long so I never ever checked this thread prior to then. Now that I have my computer I've been on this thread a ton more and gotten some great deals. Im trying not to buy as many games on release day, but when I do they have been from GMG.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']GMG really is awesome. I haven't had a gaming capable PC for long so I never ever checked this thread prior to then. Now that I have my computer I've been on this thread a ton more and gotten some great deals. Im trying not to buy as many games on release day, but when I do they have been from GMG.[/QUOTE]
GMG have definitely had their share of issues but price is never one. I have seen active effort from them to fix their issues too so I imagine they will just keep getting better.

I think I might cancel my preorder on Hitman and then rebuy it using the $10 credit I just got from XCOM

already got Dishonored elsewhere and there's nothing else coming out soon I really want (also dislike preordering games that don't come out until next year from GMG since you pay up front)

[quote name='billymagnum']ugh i cannot get a firggin purchase to work on this site i swear[/QUOTE]

Try paypal? I've never had an issue when paying with paypal with them.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Try paypal? I've never had an issue when paying with paypal with them.[/QUOTE]

thats what i used the first time BUT paypal takes funds from my bank to pay and PNC aint having this site...

[quote name='billymagnum']ugh i cannot get a firggin purchase to work on this site i swear[/QUOTE]

It never seems to go as smoothly as it should. A purchase on Green Man usually takes me twice as long as a purchase on Amazon or Steam. I always run into some little quirk when trying to enter promotional code or have payment processed.

It's usually worth the minor hassles for the deals though. Outside of absurd Steam holiday deals, Green Man's deals are usually the best. They also don't charge tax where I am which is a big plus.

[quote name='billymagnum']thats what i used the first time BUT paypal takes funds from my bank to pay and PNC aint having this site...[/QUOTE]

nevermind it worked all of a sudden?! the first time i tried to buy a game off them with paypal, it would not go through. tried card, nothing. no i try paypal again and it works? this site is weird...

I love this site. It worked out exactly how I hoped it would. Used the $10 from XCOM to apply to Dishonored plus the 25% off for a grand total of $35.

Borderlands 2, XCOM, Dishonored, and Civilization 5 all for $115 within a couple weeks = one happy gamer.

[quote name='Caine']Not to mention Sleeping Dogs a while back for ~$35. Good time to have a capable PC.[/QUOTE]

Ah shoot, forgot about that too. Yeah, that.

This $10 is horrible! Indecision 2012!

Apply the code to Dishonored, Hitman, or South Park. March is so damn far away for South Park though. But Hitman gets the biggest price cut after coupon. Dishonored however is here and good to go. >_<

Does the $10 credit expire?

I asked about the $10 credit expiring on their FB page and received no response. There was no mention of it on the deal's page so I'm assuming it won't expire.

I'm interested in Hitman but the Steam page isn't showing it as having Steam achievements. Silly reason I guess but I'm going to hold out and see how that develops. Might just wait for a good price drop on the 360 version.

Anybody hear whether or not Doom 3: BFG Edition is still coming out next week? The GMG site says its Steamworks but there is still no page for the game on Steam. Thinking about using my $10 credit on it as well as the voucher but want to be sure it's still on track for the 16th.

[quote name='Killbomb']Anybody hear whether or not Doom 3: BFG Edition is still coming out next week? The GMG site says its Steamworks but there is still no page for the game on Steam. Thinking about using my $10 credit on it as well as the voucher but want to be sure it's still on track for the 16th.[/QUOTE]

That's weird. I remember it being there before, so I'm not sure why it would have been removed.

Looks like XCOM is full price now. Good, was making me tempted to buy it, didn't want to buy that and Dishonored in the same week. Guess I can wait for a sale now.

Of all the games I've seen released in the last year, I'm sure Dishonored is worth $60. That said, I remember the Summer Steam sale when Skyrim hit $29.99. Dishonored, being a new franchise, I can't help thinking there'll be a Steam sale on it to push brand awareness. Possibly as early as Halloween. Possibly in a month for the inevitable BF Steam sale. And certainly by Christmas, which is probably about two months from now.

Not sure how low it'll go, but I have to think it'll be lower than $45. That's what keeps me from punching out and taking the $45. If this had been released during the summer, I probably would not have had the patience to wait.

Bethesda, see what you get for doing what everyone else does and pack all your games in a small set of months? For shame.

Is it worth to buy some game for 1$ or something like that, like necrovision and wait for some new game or some promo to trade it in and have a good discount, like they did with X-COM and a free game? Wich you could trade in for $8 or it isn't worth?

[quote name='fishphoenix']So does the 25% code expire tomorrow or will we be able to use it on XCOM after tomorrow? Slightly confused about that.[/QUOTE]

I don't think vouchers will ever work on XCOM.

[quote name='RollingSkull']How did I get this $10 GMG credit and why did it have to come AFTER I bought Dishonored, Xcom, and Hitman Blood Money?![/QUOTE]
You got the credit from buying Xcom. Also trying to find something to get with the credit and coupon. Thinking Dawnguard for $5, but not sure I'll get back to skyrim for a while.

[quote name='LiK']so friggin' weird that the 25% off code works with almost everything except XCOM, curses![/QUOTE]
I have to think that is due to something on 2K's part. Although if you pre-ordered and did the free game trade-in it did turn into a pretty incredible deal with the credit and Civ V.

Edit: I should add that I think with the code that is floating around for Gamefly you can get it for $39.99 right now.

[quote name='rybrad']I have to think that is due to something on 2K's part. Although if you pre-ordered and did the free game trade-in it did turn into a pretty incredible deal with the credit and Civ V.

Edit: I should add that I think with the code that is floating around for Gamefly you can get it for $39.99 right now.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up. $40 was what i wanted. WOO

[quote name='buckythekat']grabbed the Hearthfire add-on with the voucher and my part of my $10 credit from XCOM

but they didn't give me a key :???:[/QUOTE]

Just ordered one and got it right away.

[quote name='fishphoenix']So does the 25% code expire tomorrow or will we be able to use it on XCOM after tomorrow? Slightly confused about that.[/QUOTE]

When's the next 25% off coupon coming?
Does a new one starts tomorrow?

New code is for 20% off and lasts until next Friday.

20% off Digital Downloads with voucher code: GMG20-FXYD1-7WHP1
Offer Ends Friday, October 19, 2012 at 7:00am Eastern

Just wondering, was the X-COM pre-order a single key or two keys? One for the game and the other for the pre-order elite soldier pack DLC (not counting the Civ5 key). By chance I wonder if they still have leftover pre-order keys still in their database.

[quote name='bobphone']Does it combine with the 20% in NA?[/QUOTE]
As per the product notes in the link I provided: "Vouchers not valid on this product."
[quote name='Pajama_Man']Just wondering, was the X-COM pre-order a single key or two keys? One for the game and the other for the pre-order elite soldier pack DLC (not counting the Civ5 key). By chance I wonder if they still have leftover pre-order keys still in their database.[/QUOTE]
It was a single key. I believe the Elite Soldier DLC is actually a "first-run" bonus, no idea when they cut that off on digital though since they don't actually make runs.

[quote name='rybrad']
It was a single key. I believe the Elite Soldier DLC is actually a "first-run" bonus, no idea when they cut that off on digital though since they don't actually make runs.[/QUOTE]

After playing for a bit and then looking up what the pre-order DLC was, I'm a little shocked that that was gated to pre-order copies. There's not nearly enough unit customization as is WITH the DLC. It must be terrible for people who end up getting the game without it.

[quote name='Eldredpe']After playing for a bit and then looking up what the pre-order DLC was, I'm a little shocked that that was gated to pre-order copies. There's not nearly enough unit customization as is WITH the DLC. It must be terrible for people who end up getting the game without it.[/QUOTE]

Is that so? Thanks, will wait for the GOTY then.

[quote name='fishphoenix']Finally picked up XCOM. Showed up as $44.99 and on top of that got the $10 credit! Sweet deal :D[/QUOTE]

Please let us know if the GMG key still comes with the Elite Soldier Pack. :)

bread's done
Back