Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='Ratfoot']Picked up Hitman for 23 after using a credit I didn't even know I had, damn I love GMG. Was holding off for a while but after hearing that interview with David Bateson I was back on board.[/QUOTE]

Which interview?

And also, when was it best to trade in games? I have the following tradeable, but they are only worth 2.25$
Hacker Evolution Untold
Greed: Black Border
Hacker Evolution
Age of Fear: The Undead King
UFO: Aftermath

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Which interview?

And also, when was it best to trade in games? I have the following tradeable, but they are only worth 2.25$
Hacker Evolution Untold
Greed: Black Border
Hacker Evolution
Age of Fear: The Undead King
UFO: Aftermath[/QUOTE]

They usually have trade-in deal events where your games (even the free ones) are worth more than usual. Separately, they also have another type of trade-in deal event where your games are worth a lot of credit when you buy a specific game (usually a pre-order). I'd wait for one of those. ;)

Thanks for the heads up on the Sine Mora deal. I unfortunately bought it earlier before the price change and submitted a ticket in hopes to price adjust.

[quote name='option.iv']Thanks for the heads up on the Sine Mora deal. I unfortunately bought it earlier before the price change and submitted a ticket in hopes to price adjust.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Already did a ticket...I bought it Saturday to be exact.

I bought the Cities in Motion Collection + all DLC. I had to do five separate payments so that the 25% off applied to each item. Lots of work for $1.91 in savings.

Sine Mora for $6.75? YES PLEASE! Thanks, OP!

I've played it on the XBox and it is very cool! If you like side-scrolling shoot 'em up games with huge boss battles, you'll love this! It also has all sorts of challenges and neat little side features to check out.

Thanks for the heads-up on Sine Mora! I don't currently have an Xbox 360 anymore (hope to fix that this Black Friday, heh) so it wasn't even on my radar until now. Went ahead and preordered.

So Chains of Satinav is 50% off @ $9.99 as DotD? I'm tempted, especially with the additional 25% off, but this game doesn't activate on Steam as far as I can tell.

I'm not sure why they are not allowing trade-ins on non-Steam games but no Steam and no trade in kind of makes me want to just pass on it.

[quote name='Zbornak']GMG has LEGO Lord of The Rings available for preorder for $30, or $22.50 after the 25% off coupon.[/QUOTE]

I wish Traveller's Tales would get on board with Steam Achievements in the Lego games. They are so much cheaper on PC...

Reviews and the XBLA demo of Sine Mora were not promising. And then even after that I learned it's a Suda game so, saved money there.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Reviews and the XBLA demo of Sine Mora were not promising. And then even after that I learned it's a Suda game so, saved money there.[/QUOTE]

83/100 Metacritic is "not promising"?

[quote name='slowpc']^

Was hoping it was the Bastion steam release but still for 3 bucks... great game for the price![/QUOTE]
Yea, I try not to promote too many non-Steam games because a lot of people feel that way, but the price is pretty good for this one.

Bummer on Bastion not being the Steam version. I'm glad you specified it wasn't...I probably would've bought it without looking and then wondered why it wouldn't activate via Steam.

[quote name='rybrad']Updates:
25% off voucher GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S, excludes some titles that already have a deal
Expires Friday, November 16, 2012 at 7am EST

Weird thing is that XCOM went off the 10% price, but I still can't use the coupon. I guess because it still has a cash back or credit deal associated with it.

why is the premium service not on sale too?
its so bad how early adopters get fucked over in price...

preorder BF3 and get the first DLC... so to get premium it cost 50$.. doesnt matter if i bought BF3 for 60$ as i got to play it for awhile now..

but why is BF3 premium edition cheaper than the premium service??? its sooo stupid.. reason why i didnt get premium yet is because i already own B2K expansion...

they whole setup is soo messed up for preorder people..

EDIT: Does anyone know if there seperate Keys for base game and premium?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read this from a post over at Shacknews, if true could be some good deals starting tomorrow morning:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/76601/weekend-pc-download-deals-free-bioshock

From the above link:

"Green Man Gaming

Starting early on Saturday morning, GMG is offering 35% off XCOM: Enemy Unknown Borderlands 2, and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare if you use the voucher code GMG35-5BRU6-ZDRX7. From Saturday. Not yet. Games including Dishonored and Need for Speed Most Wanted will also be on sale, with up to 25% off."

[quote name='Bierno']

EDIT: Does anyone know if there seperate Keys for base game and premium?[/QUOTE]
Yup it does include 2 separate keys for the base and premium. According to a few users on slickdeals, keys are not showing up after purchase so you might need to message support or wait a bit before GMG gets more keys.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']83/100 Metacritic is "not promising"?[/QUOTE]
Absolutely. The game itself is dreadful. It's all flash and lousy design and most shump fans I've seen share this sentiment. Stick with Jamestown, Gundemonium, or just MAME emulation (Not to mention all the doujin games we pirate for lack of a better option like CrimzonClover) if you want a PC shump.

The reviews are indefensible, especially if you are the sort who laments that shumps get poorly reviewed by outlets who don't understand them but then raise them as proof of quality when said outlets DO give a positive review of them.

I really think you shouldn't bother with this game even if you think it looks nice, and I don't say that about even the games I rag about constantly. Apart from a few cute bullet patterns, it manages to screw up in so many fundamental ways from pacing to hitboxing.

[quote name='prayformojo']Just read this from a post over at Shacknews, if true could be some good deals starting tomorrow morning:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/76601/weekend-pc-download-deals-free-bioshock

From the above link:

"Green Man Gaming

Starting early on Saturday morning, GMG is offering 35% off XCOM: Enemy Unknown Borderlands 2, and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare if you use the voucher code GMG35-5BRU6-ZDRX7. From Saturday. Not yet. Games including Dishonored and Need for Speed Most Wanted will also be on sale, with up to 25% off."[/QUOTE]

Not advertised on the site yet, but live, I just picked up XCOM for $32.50. Also good deals on GTA IV and the DLC.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']That Chilvary games sounds familiar...wasn't cheapy talking about it on the last CAGcast?[/QUOTE]

Yes, he seemed to like it, I just checked and with discount it is $16.25

Giant Bomb Quick Look and Gametrailers Video review both look good.

Spellforce Complete is DotD at 75% off for $9.99. The 25% off code does work for it bringing it down to $7.50. It's unlikely to get this price or cheaper elsewhere unless they do a drop in the MSRP at some point.

It does activate on Steam. You will get 3 separate keys. One for Spellforce Platinum (has the two expansions built in), one for Spellforce 2 Gold (has one expansion built in) and lastly a key Spellforce 2: Faith In Destiny Digital Deluxe edition.

It's a bit confusing but the last one is a 'stand alone expansion' (ie a totally new game built with the same engine as the predecessor) and was released much more recently than the others. The version you get in this pack includes the digital extras (soundtrack, digital map and art booklet).

Note that Faith in Destiny is Steamworks so will activate on Steam even if you get it separate outstide of this pack, however Gold and Platinum, the first two games, will NOT activate on Steam if you buy them separate from this pack. In the pack I can confirm that I bought it and go do get individual Steam keys for them.

[quote name='Greyghost']Spellforce Complete is DotD at 75% off for $9.99. The 25% off code does work for it bringing it down to $7.50. It's unlikely to get this price or cheaper elsewhere unless they do a drop in the MSRP at some point.

It does activate on Steam. You will get 3 separate keys. One for Spellforce Platinum (has the two expansions built in), one for Spellforce 2 Gold (has one expansion built in) and lastly a key Spellforce 2: Faith In Destiny Digital Deluxe edition.

It's a bit confusing but the last one is a 'stand alone expansion' (ie a totally new game built with the same engine as the predecessor) and was released much more recently than the others. The version you get in this pack includes the digital extras (soundtrack, digital map and art booklet).

Note that Faith in Destiny is Steamworks so will activate on Steam even if you get it separate outstide of this pack, however Gold and Platinum, the first two games, will NOT activate on Steam if you buy them separate from this pack. In the pack I can confirm that I bought it and go do get individual Steam keys for them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the head's up.

I confess, these aren't all that high on my wishlist. But I think that you're right about this being the cheapest that we will see this until there is a drop in the MSRP. Even then, if it only drops down to $30, a 75% off discount would make it the same price that it is now. When you throw in the fact that I have $2 credit on GMG, I'm really only looking at $5.50 out of pocket. Not too bad.

Hey, I just noticed that I have a game that I can trade in for another $0.50 (Greed: Black Border). Is $0.50 the price that the trade in value will always be for that game? Or is it only that low because the game happens to be on sale right now for $2?

If there is a chance that the trade in value will be higher sometime down the line, I'll probably hold on to it. If that's the set value though, I might as well use it now.

P.S. Why is there a stupid countdown clock in the cart? If I don't buy in the next 5 minutes, am I really gonna lose my chance to buy this game with the coupon? That is, if I try to go through the checkout again after the time expires and I try to re-enter the 25% off coupon, will it say that i've already used it?

Edit: never mind on the P.S. part. Time did run out on me. I misread the countdown time and thought the countdown clock was for when you have to start the purchase. You need to complete the purchase before time runs out. Anyway, I was able to enter the code again. Still looking for an answer on the trade in of Greed: Black Border.

[quote name='The End']Hey, I just noticed that I have a game that I can trade in for another $0.50 (Greed: Black Border). Is $0.50 the price that the trade in value will always be for that game? Or is it only that low because the game happens to be on sale right now for $2?[/QUOTE]
Trade-in value is based partially on how many used copies are out and how many have been traded-in. Since they gave Greed: BB out for free, I assume there's a bajillion copies sitting in the "used" bank right now for purchase. So there's no financial incentive for them to ask for more used copies and its natural supply-and-demand trade-in price won't increase any time soon..

In other words, imagine a used car lot with 500 used Honda Accords waiting to be sold. If you drive in with your Honda Accord and ask for its trade-in value, you can't expect much.

Sometimes GMG will offer artificially inflated trade-in values for previous free games either as generic credit ("This week, trade in Greed:BB for $2 GMG credit") or for a specific game ("Trade in Greed:BB for $5 off Shepherd Simulator 2014!") Unless you have a burning need for fifty cents credit, I'd hang on to it. Or, heck, maybe even play it and see if you like it. You can still trade it in "used".

[quote name='Syntax Error']Trade-in value is based partially on how many used copies are out and how many have been traded-in. Since they gave Greed: BB out for free, I assume there's a bajillion copies sitting in the "used" bank right now for purchase. So there's no financial incentive for them to ask for more used copies and its natural supply-and-demand trade-in price won't increase any time soon..

In other words, imagine a used car lot with 500 used Honda Accords waiting to be sold. If you drive in with your Honda Accord and ask for its trade-in value, you can't expect much.

Sometimes GMG will offer artificially inflated trade-in values for previous free games either as generic credit ("This week, trade in Greed:BB for $2 GMG credit") or for a specific game ("Trade in Greed:BB for $5 off Shepherd Simulator 2014!") Unless you have a burning need for fifty cents credit, I'd hang on to it. Or, heck, maybe even play it and see if you like it. You can still trade it in "used".[/QUOTE]

OK, thanks man. I guess I'll just hold on to Greed:BB for now just in case. I can always use it on a later purchase if I change my mind.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']83/100 Metacritic is "not promising"?[/QUOTE]

The game is fun going through the story mode but is overall a very strange shump in general. But I have to agree with RollingSkull that a there are definitely better pc shumps like Jamestown and CrimzonClover.

NICE! In for XCOM.

I know it'll probably be around the same or lower on the coming Holiday/Winter sales but this is a good enough sale price for me for a game I actually WANT to play.

Tempted to bite on BL2 and Xcom. 35 was my sweet spot for those two.. but this sale is making me wonder if it will go lower in the upcoming weeks.

[quote name='Midori Monkey']Tempted to bite on BL2 and Xcom. 35 was my sweet spot for those two.. but this sale is making me wonder if it will go lower in the upcoming weeks.[/QUOTE]

If you're willing to go $35 for Borderlands 2, how do you feel about $25? I recently sold a copy from a video card for $25 and well known CAG Genocidal still has a copy for sale at that price. He's selling it over on the marketplace board in the Steam Group Buy and Gift Requests thread. Here is his most recent post where he offers it. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10137736&postcount=11503

Something to consider.

You can use the combo with their sale on BF:3 Premium to get it for $30. I know BF3 itself has been what, $8 before, but this does include the 4 map packs (Back to Karkand, Close Quarters, and the upcoming Aftermath and End Game) which I think aren't discounted much and are like $10-$15 a pop.

Does anyone know if the NA version of Borderlands 2 Season Pass work with the WW base game?

Thanks.

I wish it was 22.99 on the international market like the US, instead it's 27.99.

I'm torn. I started playing holiday sale price chicken in, like, August, but I don't see XCOM being more than 50% off this year and it may be worth the $7.50 difference to not have to wait and hope for it to show up. That said, if you're OK with waiting 1-2 months, I'll be pretty surprised if it isn't 50% off at some point by the end of the year.

I'm still holding off on BL2. I could have got it at launch for $35, and with a 4-pack the price has always been $37 at gamersgate with IGN discount anyway. I think it will drop a whole lot more in the next few weeks.

bread's done
Back