Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='asheskitty']Your GMG email and paypal email must match. Post #2 has a lot of good info. I you are using a credit card with paypal, GMG may have tripped a fraud flag (due to being UK-based, or "gaming" = gambling), call the number on the back of your card to check.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I did check the opening posts for info before I posted and unfortunately, none of the suggestions worked. Finally figured out what it was after contacting GMG Support.

missed out on the Earth 2160

look at all the good prices.. i should really not preorder and wait it out
-points to how low.. LOTR has dropped-

[quote name='PenguinJim']For anyone willing to take the risk, they've got mediocre game LotR: War in the North for $4.99 now. Don't forget the coupon, too: GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S[/QUOTE]

[quote name='warreni']I don't know what risk you're alluding to, but War in the North is fantastic. I highly recommend it and it's a steal at this price![/QUOTE]

I second this. I was very pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable it was.

I had the same feeling playing Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. I got it cheap and had no expectations and I ended up having a terrific time playing.

Got War in the North for free, and used the remainder of my credit so I only had to pay $2 on Jet Set Radio. Tis a good day, though I could have done with out noticing that the voucher code worked with LOTR Lego.

I used credit to pick up LotR: War In the North. I've read great things about the game on the forums and it's Steam-compatible to boot. Woo! Thanks, OP!

Can someone buy me Jet Set Radio and I'll paypal gift you the amount of the game. I'm having issues gmg taking my payment due to my bank. Happens every other time when I try to make a purchase on this site, geez.

I sure hope I'm not repeating an issue that has already been dealt with numerous times but...I can't seem to choose a specific payment option during checkout. It immediately goes to the "Address details" page instead of allowing me to choose paypal payment as an option. Do I have to enter a CC as a requirement or something? I have tried a number of browsers and none of them seem to fix this issue. I just want to purchase these games via paypal, not enter in my CC first or be required to use a CC.

This is incredibly annoying, especially when I go to places like GOG.com and see how incredibly easy it is and always has been to use Paypal.

[quote name='teenwolf']I sure hope I'm not repeating an issue that has already been dealt with numerous times but...I can't seem to choose a specific payment option during checkout. It immediately goes to the "Address details" page instead of allowing me to choose paypal payment as an option. Do I have to enter a CC as a requirement or something? I have tried a number of browsers and none of them seem to fix this issue. I just want to purchase these games via paypal, not enter in my CC first or be required to use a CC.

This is incredibly annoying, especially when I go to places like GOG.com and see how incredibly easy it is and always has been to use Paypal.[/QUOTE]

No, you don't. I never have. Sounds like your browser is bugging out on the javascript more then anything else.

[quote name='poxi']Is the GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S code usable on more than one of the today's deals?[/QUOTE]

It won't work on more than one transaction but you can use it multiple times. I bought Lord of the Rings then I bought Jet Set Radio in a separate transaction and the coupon code worked on both. :bouncy:

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']How is JSR on PC? I have a 360 controller, does it work well with that? I cant imagine playing K+M.[/QUOTE]
use a 360 controller and it works very well. k&m are awful for this game

Aargh, I put Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome in my cart, but decided to drop it to buy Jet Set Radio first in case the code wasn't multiple use. During which time, Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome went out of stock.

...and now steam servers are down so I can't even activate my JSR key, grr

Hmmm every time I try to activate the JSR I keep getting an invalid product code message :\

Hopefully it's the Steam Maintenance.

Although a few on Neogaf are having the same exact problem.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Hmmm every time I try to activate the JSR I keep getting an invalid product code message :\

Hopefully it's the Steam Maintenance.

Although a few on Neogaf are having the same exact problem.[/QUOTE]

Apparently one of my failed attempts with "no connection" steam worked, but on trying again after connection started working gave me the invalid error (not the usual already redeemed error).

I guess you can't buy more than 1 copy of JSR? I wanted to buy another copy for a friend but it won't give me the option to do so.

[quote name='asheskitty']Apparently one of my failed attempts with "no connection" steam worked, but on trying again after connection started working gave me the invalid error (not the usual already redeemed error).[/QUOTE]

Hmmm it appeared in my library now. So check yours. :)

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Hmmm it appeared in my library now. So check yours. :)[/QUOTE]

It finished D/L a few min ago. I was noting that I had seen that error instead of the already redeemed error. I'm happy to hear that resolved quickly for you. =)

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']weird theres no UBISOFT games on GMG, they even have the logo of ubi at the bottom of the page, hmmmmmm[/QUOTE]They're there. Just not for NA people.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']weird theres no UBISOFT games on GMG, they even have the logo of ubi at the bottom of the page, hmmmmmm[/QUOTE]
they do have Ubisoft games they just can't sell them to Americans :whistle2:(

I gave LotR: War In the North a spin tonight for about an hour and what can I say? It's a downright pretty good action game with loot drops and a decent story. It immediately recognized my Xbox 360 controller, too (which is the only way to play this; I can't imagine playing on the keyboard). I've wanted a game like this for PC for a while, and so far it's definitely worth the price.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I gave LotR: War In the North a spin tonight for about an hour and what can I say? It's a downright pretty good action game with loot drops and a decent story. It immediately recognized my Xbox 360 controller, too (which is the only way to play this; I can't imagine playing on the keyboard). I've wanted a game like this for PC for a while, and so far it's definitely worth the price.[/QUOTE]

It's actually pretty easy to control with a keyboard/mouse setup.. I'd think it'd be harder to control with a gamepad because you need to aim.

[quote name='sunghost']It's actually pretty easy to control with a keyboard/mouse setup.. I'd think it'd be harder to control with a gamepad because you need to aim.[/QUOTE]

Aiming isn't too bad; I just hold down LT for aim mode, left analog to aim, and RT to fire. Still, I admittedly haven't tried KB/M mode so perhaps it controls well with both! :)

[quote name='fishphoenix']What are the chances Jet Set Radio will be cheaper during the steam winter sale?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing but went ahead and picked it now from GMG. I would imagine it won't be more than 75% off during the Winter Sale so that's only a $1.25 difference. Got Hell Yeah yesterday as well. Hope they keep up with the daily deals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok new voucher and deals today. Anyone know how Warlock runs? I saw a bunch of people bitching on the Steam forums about it being super buggy. It seems fun from the demo I played but I don't want a broken game even for $4.

20% off voucher GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R, excludes some titles that already have a deal
Expires Friday, November 23, 2012 at 7am EST

Daily(ish) Deal
American Mensa Academy $5.43 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
Quantum Conundrum $4.07 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
Scarygirl $2.71 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
Warlock: Master of the Arcane $4 (Steamworks) with above voucher code, all Warlock DLC is on sale as well

[quote name='buckythekat']there's also a 35% off voucher for Hitman: Absolution that expires next Friday

GMG35-FGR37-COY0B
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, added to the OP.

[quote name='buckythekat']there's also a 35% off voucher for Hitman: Absolution that expires next Friday

GMG35-FGR37-COY0B
[/QUOTE]

I think I already preordered for more money with GMG. I wonder if I can get an adjustment.

[quote name='TheBomb69']I think I already preordered for more money with GMG. I wonder if I can get an adjustment.[/QUOTE]
No, from the second post:
[quote name='Green Man Gaming']
As our offers are usually VERY competitive, we don't price match our own offers and vouchers. However, if a title is reduced in terms of RRP, we'll refund the difference.[/quote]

Warlock: I didn't have any problems with it for a long time. Then they updated it and it started blue screening my PC. A later update seems to have taken care of it though. It's a fun little game, I just wish it had a campaign mode. After playing several of the maps (which can take a good long time to do if you do the large worlds, steam says I have 60 hours into it) I just didn't come back to it. A campaign mode likely would've drawn me back, but I can't complain at 60 hours. I might have to pic up some DLC and get back to it.

edit: hmm looking on paradox forums it seems they released a new patch Nov 15th that's been causing problems again (I haven't played since before then). It seems they release a patch with new features every few months (which is nice as some of the features have been pretty sweet) but they introduce a slew of bugs, some causing crashes, that you have to wait for them to fix (which isn't so great, almost like they don't have a good quality control testing process).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='diphu']Warlock: I didn't have any problems with it for a long time. Then they updated it and it started blue screening my PC. A later update seems to have taken care of it though. It's a fun little game, I just wish it had a campaign mode. After playing several of the maps (which can take a good long time to do if you do the large worlds, steam says I have 60 hours into it) I just didn't come back to it. A campaign mode likely would've drawn me back, but I can't complain at 60 hours. I might have to pic up some DLC and get back to it.[/QUOTE]
How long is an average game? I am going to pick up the Civ expansion during the Steam sales so I would probably only get a little bit of time in with this before then.

[quote name='TheBomb69']I think I already preordered for more money with GMG. I wonder if I can get an adjustment.[/QUOTE]

the only way is to cancel your existing order and buy the game again with the better discount

I've had to do that twice now with Hitman :bomb: but it's worth it in the end

I got the game for $20 with the latest voucher and $10 credit from preordering XCOM :D

For those of you on the fence about Quantum Conundrum....
For $4, I'd highly suggest picking it up! Contrary to what some of the reviews say, I found it as fun and challenging as the Portal games. Although the humor might not be as good as Portal, the platforming, physics, puzzles are just as good. And, at $4 you really can't go wrong

[quote name='wilflare']hmm so the 25% code has expired?[/QUOTE]
Yes, the expiration date of the codes is listed near the beginning of the OP, in bold, red text. The current code is for 20% off.

[quote name='rybrad']Yes, the expiration date of the codes is listed near the beginning of the OP, in bold, red text. The current code is for 20% off.[/QUOTE]

thanks rybrad. guess i need to pay more attention
thought it would be on for some time.. missed a bunch including JSR :/

[quote name='wilflare']thanks rybrad. guess i need to pay more attention
thought it would be on for some time.. missed a bunch including JSR :/[/QUOTE]
For future reference, I try to update the OP every morning shortly after the deals switch. The Daily(ish) Deal section will have all of the 24 hour or unknown time deals, so if something is there you should pick it up sooner rather than later if you want it.

For anybody who pre-ordered Hitman Absolution for a higher price try and contact them anyways about getting the difference refunded back to you. Someone asked the same question about Hitman to them on Twitter, and they responded to contact the customer service department to be credited the difference.

That's what I did anyways. We'll see how that turns out.

bread's done
Back