Groupees Be Mine2 Game + Music Preorder Now

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Anyone else think Beat Hazard sucks?

IMO: It's ugly, the sound effects are obnoxious and the gameplay just doesn't cut it.[/QUOTE]

You know, I got it in the Steam indie audio pack a few years back and have played it on occasion, but it is one of my least favorite music incorporated games. I don't really feel the music as much as I would like, just feels like playing a flash based asteroids game with music in the background. I die quickly too so I don't ever last deep into games, maybe that has something to do with it. I like Audiosurf a lot better.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Anyone else think Beat Hazard sucks?

IMO: It's ugly, the sound effects are obnoxious and the gameplay just doesn't cut it.[/QUOTE]
I just always found the connection of the music to the gameplay to be really shaky. Kind of unsatisfying in that sense.

[quote name='ZombieToast']fuck the bundle; I want to know where to get a $2 meal.[/QUOTE]

Prison. In fact good prisons can feed a prisoner for an entire day on less than that.

[quote name='ZombieToast']fuck the bundle; I want to know where to get a $2 meal.[/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised at what $2 could buy for people not spoiled by $6-$10 fast food meals and premium grocery products.

After seeing most of the bonuses unlocked, I'm very unimpressed with this bundle. Not really all that interested in paying the $10 for a bunch of terrible albums, boring DLC, and a Warriors ripoff.

I'll probably check back on this in a week or so to see if the final game is unlocked and make my decision based on that.

[quote name='powersurge']So how are they handling the graphic novel? Comixology?[/QUOTE]
Both Return to Wonderland and Cyber-Chicken #1 are PDF downloads. The movie "The Red Skulls" is a h264 encoded Quicktime MOV file.

[quote name='powersurge']Thats too bad. I'd much rather read the comic on my iPad in comixology than in a pdf reader or on my pc.[/QUOTE]
No idea if iPads are too locked down for such nonsense, but I use this program to convert PDFs and such into Kindle eBooks: http://calibre-ebook.com/

[quote name='powersurge']Thats too bad. I'd much rather read the comic on my iPad in comixology than in a pdf reader or on my pc.[/QUOTE]

There's no PDF reader for iPad? I read PDFs all the time on my Android tablet. I realize Steve Jobs and Adobe were not exactly BFFs but I have a difficult time believing there is not a single PDF reader at all for the iPad.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Looks like they added a new goal in the bundle at 50,000 meals they are giving away a Steam Key for Scratches Directors Cut[/QUOTE]

50,000 meals is pretty damn high. I don't see it happening unless they introduce happy-hour gift purchases like Indie Gala.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']50,000 meals is pretty damn high. I don't see it happening unless they introduce happy-hour gift purchases like Indie Gala.[/QUOTE]

I know, I'd love to get a copy of scratches though so we can hope.

The games list/goals on this one is appealing, but unfortunately I already own both Scratches AND the Director's Cut. Does anyone know how the DLC would work for those games? I'd be tempted to try to help reach the 25K goal just to get some of the DLC, but only if the DLC had its own separate code so I could add it to my existing games and still have codes for the standalone games so I could give them out to friends.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']The games list/goals on this one is appealing, but unfortunately I already own both Scratches AND the Director's Cut. Does anyone know how the DLC would work for those games? I'd be tempted to try to help reach the 25K goal just to get some of the DLC, but only if the DLC had its own separate code so I could add it to my existing games and still have codes for the standalone games so I could give them out to friends.[/QUOTE]

I would imagine that it would be seperate codes. That's how's it was in the last one.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I would imagine that it would be seperate codes. That's how's it was in the last one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I couldn't remember from the last one if the DLC was just added automatically or a code. I'll probably wait a little longer and see how close they get to the 25K goal before diving in.

Supposedly, Groupees is claiming on Twitter that the add to your existing donation ability will be live on Tuesday. We'll see. :p

JoeDuck had a little fracas on the Steam forums. Not sure what it was about, something like the percentage of the bundle that goes to charity. It's an amusing read from a 'YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH' ranting moment.

[quote name='Mooby']JoeDuck had a little fracas on the Steam forums. Not sure what it was about, something like the percentage of the bundle that goes to charity. It's an amusing read from a 'YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH' ranting moment.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed. Apparently he got "fired" from representing groupees in that forum (and possibly other forums?).. whatever that means.

Basically, some users at the Steam forums took issue with the way the BeMine 2 bundle was being marketed. It implies that it is a charity bundle, but it's really a for-profit bundle that donates a certain percentage to charity...the whole "meals" thing is the main thing at issue. Anyways, there was some accusations being thrown around and JoeDuck went thermonuclear in his replies to users over there.

Can't say I'm too surprised though really. I was on Live Chat with Groupees right as the bundle started to get more details about the bundle and when I finally asked about what percentage was going to charity there was a minute of nothing followed by me being disconnected from chat. Smooth.

@sunghost: It probably means we'll be hearing about the next bundle from JoeGoose or JoeSwan. :p Really, I think they've been doing better this time around, there probably wouldn't have been any problems if they just dropped the whole "meals" thing I think.

[quote name='Mooby']JoeDuck had a little fracas on the Steam forums. Not sure what it was about, something like the percentage of the bundle that goes to charity. It's an amusing read from a 'YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH' ranting moment.[/QUOTE] Basically, for every two dollars spent on the BeMine bundle, Feed Them With Music receives from Groupees enough money to provide one meal ($2=1 meal). However, if you donate directly to Feed Them With Music, the actual cost per meal is 33 cents ($2=6 meals). Groupees is also running the Falling Up music bundle currently, where a meal is donated for every dollar spend on the bundle ($2=2 meals). From what I gathered, a bunch of people on SPUF asked (in a not-so-nice way), "Where's the money going if only one sixth of the bundle goes to charity?" and JoeDuck took it too personally.

Definitely too personally, but he isn't (wasn't?) official rep and it was after ~50 pages of nonconstructive complaints and accusations. I'm disappointed that echoes of unnecessary shitstorm came even here.

[quote name='Mooby']Ah well, the post is deleted now. It was a good laugh.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I never got to read it, but the JoeDuck guy was never one for conversation. Just terse statements of fact and posting those preview vids.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I was never under the impression all the money was going to charity, but I can see how some people could have gotten that impression.[/QUOTE]

.... if they were stupid. The ones that were complaining seemed to overlook the fact that the Devs need paid. If the Devs had given their games for free with the intention of everything raised going to charity, you can be sure there would be no ambiguity about the fact, just like one of the forthcoming IR Bundles is labelled "The All Charity Bundle". Unfortunately a small handful of posters on the Steam Forums decided to derail the discussion by constantly bringing up their disagreement every few pages (some still are in fact but thank goodness for the Ignore User feature).

It's a shame JoeDuck has gone and the trolls are still there, I'd disagree with the above poster about his comments (at least the ones on SPUF, he always gave hints as to new games, bonuses etc).

With him gone and Indie Royale no longer doing semi-blind pre-orders there's going to be much less info about bundles until they actually release.

Looks like Groupees is going to hit the next goal. So all the DLC should be unlocked soon. I think at the time of this post they have like less than 600 more meals to deliver. 50,000 seems kinda high for the next goal too...there is a lot of time left but I don't see them hitting it. Maybe they will add scratches in with killing floor at the 10 dollar level. I would consider upping to that if they did.

I doubt they'll hit the next goal, but maybe they'll do something like last time (with how they randomly gave everyone a screensaver or PAM).

[quote name='sunghost']I doubt they'll hit the next goal, but maybe they'll do something like last time (with how they randomly gave everyone a screensaver or PAM).[/QUOTE]

I know, they changed all their goals last time so anything can happen. I would like a copy of Scratches though.

I think it would be hilarious if they announced the next goal - everyone get SKYRIM if we sell 1,000,000,000 bundles!!!!

lol... I know they are just starting but the doubling for the next goal needs to be phased out after 25K as I don't ever see them hitting the 50K mark. T

I really thought this bundle would perform a lot better. I guess I just have wacky eclectic tastes in games. Had I not already owned all but one of those games I'd be thrilled to get them all at $10.

[quote name='Mooby']I really thought this bundle would perform a lot better. I guess I just have wacky eclectic tastes in games. Had I not already owned all but one of those games I'd be thrilled to get them all at $10.[/QUOTE]

I love Killing Floor. I think 10 bucks for it alone would be worth it. I think BeMine just isn't as well known yet is part of the problem. Then all the incentives are sort of random and all over the place. I still am amazed it is having a hard time reaching 50K because I would gladly pay $4 for a lot of those games alone. In fact I've paid more for Scratches and Madballs individually. I am still tempted to support just because as far as game choices, it is a really good bundle. I have to think the failfest that was BeMine1 is probably having an effect. I wonder if the last bonus would be the KF DLC complete pack. That would have been sweet.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think it would be hilarious if they announced the next goal - everyone get SKYRIM if we sell 1,000,000,000 bundles!!!![/QUOTE]

Before he went nuts over on SPUF, Joe Duck let slip that the secret bonus would end up as a cornerstone of BeMine 3 if the milestone to unlock it wasn't reached in this bundle. So whatever it is, it will be available sooner or later.

Oh and it now looks like we will probably reach the 25,000 meals DLC milestone. I was a bit worried about that for a bit, but at the time of posting this, we're only 200 away.

From the hints he did give it seemed like Dungeon Defenders was a likely candidate. Makes sense since the game has a ton of DLC so the developers could profit from selling some of it separately to people who pick up the base game + some minor DLC in a bundle.

$50,000 goal has been met, so the Steam DLC keys for Beat Hazard, The Baconing, and Madballs in Bobo: Invasion have been unlocked and added to your Groupees download page.

I wouldn't hold my breath on reaching that $100,000 goal to unlock Scratches: Director's Cut though. At this point, I don't see it happening unless they significantly lower the goal or just give it away by the end of the bundle.

[quote name='Mooby']I really thought this bundle would perform a lot better. I guess I just have wacky eclectic tastes in games. Had I not already owned all but one of those games I'd be thrilled to get them all at $10.[/QUOTE]
Same here, I have bought both Bundles and will continue if they keep the quality indie games coming. The only game I had was Beat Hazard and I gave it away to a CAG.

PS: The DLC just got put on so the first CAG that PMs gets it free.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, the dropped it to 35,000 meals, which is smart and much more likely to happen since they are close to 27 right now.[/QUOTE]

Sweet I've wanted scratches. Hope they make the goal.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, the dropped it to 35,000 meals, which is smart and much more likely to happen since they are close to 27 right now.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I don't think we'll achieve the goal, but it's far more reachable now so it's no longer impossible.

EDIT: BTW, for anyone that bought Be Mine 1 and redeemed the Xotic DLC from it, you should have the new Xotic DLC that was just released soon on your account. Valve has to "unlock" it so that the previous DLC keys activates the new DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sunghost']
EDIT: BTW, for anyone that bought Be Mine 1 and redeemed the Xotic DLC from it, you should have the new Xotic DLC that was just released soon on your account. Valve has to "unlock" it so that the previous DLC keys activates the new DLC.[/QUOTE]

Looks like Valve added it now. I checked earlier in the day and it still wasn't showing but I just checked the page for the Xotic temple DLC and it now does say that I own it.

[quote name='Motoki']Looks like Valve added it now. I checked earlier in the day and it still wasn't showing but I just checked the page for the Xotic temple DLC and it now does say that I own it.[/QUOTE]

I take it that's the Pipe Works DLC? I don't have any new codes on my Groupees account page. It's cool that Steam would automatically add the DLC if so...

[quote name='Blade']I take it that's the Pipe Works DLC? I don't have any new codes on my Groupees account page. It's cool that Steam would automatically add the DLC if so...[/QUOTE]

You don't have to add another key it just gives it to you with the old Groupees one Pipeworks but I did need to restart Steam to get it to fully recognize and load the new Temple Crypt DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're over 32k now.. we'll either make the goal or get VERY close to it. I hope they'll add an extension if we end up barely missing it. Also, they really should've revealed the 6th goal's bonus game ages ago.. it would've added more incentive for people to make more purchases and raise their donations, but it'll have no effect now that time is running out.

That weekend rush was pretty good for them, as was I think knocking down the goals to 35K. I think they should reach the 35K easily. The last game will have to be a super great game to get the goal reached in less than a day so I doubt that will happen.

They are up to 33400 with about half a day left. Let's hope they get the 1600 needed. With the goal so close I assume they will get a rush of people willing to up their donation a little to try to score Scratches.

bread's done
Back