= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Poopees, you've really gone down the drain.

At least Bundle Blitz has sexy women who pretend to play sports.

Didn't Bundle Blitz disappear once it was outed as being the same people that make those crappy asset flips like Devil's Share?

Didn't Bundle Blitz disappear once it was outed as being the same people that make those crappy asset flips like Devil's Share?
Something like that. Have you seen these last Drop-A-Deucelight bundles, though? We're lucky to get even one game that isn't an asset flip in these.

Poopees is doing the same damned thing minus football chicks and plus a shitty chat filled with idiots.

Actually Poopees is worse because they've gotten way more asset flips greenlit than every other site combined and they continue to do it knowing the 'games' are shams.

Shitty Slug went and did his little experiment a while back and realized it was ridiculously easy to make an asset flip. Which you'd think would make him think hey maybe we shouldn't be doing this?

But no.

I guess it just depends on what you consider an asset flip.

I don't really consider a game using stock assets an asset flip if it provides enjoyable gameplay and a relatively bug free experience.  Sure, ideally they should contract out assets if they can't do it themselves, but I can forgive publicly available art.

It is when a "dev" spends less than a day to setup a basic outline to a game, then applies 5 different asset set "skins" to it and calls it five different games.  That's what I consider an asset flip.

Although I don't really research any games I buy in bundles, I mean, who can check them all?  I just look at the page and see if they look like I'd get a few minutes of enjoyment from them to justify the pocket change I spend on them.

I don't know why anyone here cares about asset flips anyways, they +1 just the same.

No one even cares to list out bundle contents anymore. I do have to say the two board game like games (chess tower defense and the one with the ogre head) look fun along with the main headliner game. I will get them once they're on Steam and in a BundleStars or IndieGala HH.

Anyone still buying Poopees bundles isn't doing it for the games merely the +1's.  So you don't have to list anything just say +5 Poops.

Lol, yes, we buy them for the +5 Poops. I do still consider good stock asset games as asset flips; though I may be in the minority on this, I think both detract from hand-crafted games like Dust: An Elysian Tail, where the dev wrote, coded, drew, and voiced the characters. It's like calling karaoke "live music" when it really isn't.

I'll still get them in a bundle for cards, though. Gotta get the +1s and the card drops so I can buy more crappy games. It's hard to promote good game-making on PC where anyone can make one.

People who buy Poopees bundles supported the decline of indie gaming.  Whereas before you had a moderate amount of crap but a solid amount of good games that took effort to make now you have a sea of Poopees Poop -- RPG Maker and other crap done in a weekend and stuck in a bundle for a quick cash grab.  It fuels more and more people to do it.  You made your bed of Poop now you must lay in it!

I kinda feel Valve, by opening up greenlight, and everyone that'll vote for anything on greenlight so they can get a +1 supported the decline of indie gaming.  The "No Thanks/Not Interested" button should've been setup to do something.

Shitty games on pc have always been a thing, just before steam opening the floodgates, they were relegated to shareware and newgrounds.

I kinda feel Valve, by opening up greenlight, and everyone that'll vote for anything on greenlight so they can get a +1 supported the decline of indie gaming. The "No Thanks/Not Interested" button should've been setup to do something.

Shitty games on pc have always been a thing, just before steam opening the floodgates, they were relegated to shareware and newgrounds.
Here's the thing though, nobody goes to Greenlight anymore and Valve strongly frowned upon the keys for votes thing. Right now the main source that's steering people to go to Greenlight to vote for any old +1 shit is Poopees.

No one else is really doing Greenlight bundles anymore because everyone else realizes we're scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point. Poopees on the other hand is quite content to keep scraping that barrel.

Pretty much no one at this point buys their bundles for the games. With the other bundle sites you can usually find some halfway decent games in some of their bundles but Poopees just caters to +1 addicts and they know it.

Yeah I actually used to vote on Greenlight games. After a while it turned into me saying no for about 43 out of say 50. I do vote up RPGMaker games cause they give me a weird nostalgia kick. It's a cesspool for garbage now though. All the really decent indie games will be focused on some blog or something and be told they're on greenlight and everyone will vote for them. It's a sad state indeed esp with even giving away many +1 games I got from bundles, likely about 50% or more of my library on Steam is likely a cess pool of horrible of indie games. I remember when I used to get excited about humble indie bundles....they're still decent but it's just not the same anymore.

Humble Capcom is one of the best bundles any site has ever come out with. I think Poopees is holding off on the Bundle of the Diarrhea 4 until they can get something remotely decent. But like you say, they know their audience, and their audience consists of a lot of German perverts prancing around in latex.

I guess it just depends on what you consider an asset flip.

I don't really consider a game using stock assets an asset flip if it provides enjoyable gameplay and a relatively bug free experience. Sure, ideally they should contract out assets if they can't do it themselves, but I can forgive publicly available art.
I agree with you about assets. I'm not the artist for any of my games because my stick figure-esque shit would be terrible to look at. When you look at an asset store, you've got some options that are easily 10-20 times better than most amateur artists will be able to make in a few weeks/months. Then you take into account the minimal budgets many teams have, which often makes contracting a good artist impossible, so they make do with whoever/whatever they can find at an affordable rate.

I think assets get a bad reputation purely because people abused them to try and get nonfunctional crap on Steam. Greenlight was simple to game if you had impressive assets with no actual content/gameplay; like that Lord Kres guy who bought some high quality RTS assets for his ball of light puzzle game that didn't have more than 1 level.

My opinion on Greenlight

To me Greenlight from a developer perspective is about identifying which prototypes are worth fully investing your dev time/money towards. Rather than making a full game that no one will actually buy, you create some levels/content to showcase in a demo and then get feedback on interest from the voters.

Also, the more polished the content the more likely you'll get greenlit. Visual appeal is way more important than I first anticipated. I originally thought only people interested in following a new game's development progress would check GL. On my future game projects, I'm going to be much further along with the art and gameplay before making a GL page.

P.S. How do you change the spoiler text? I've seen people do it before unless that was something that looks like spoiler tags.

Expensive pre-order. Bundle of the Damned used to be pretty good bundles though. Conflicted easily until more reveals are shown.
They're trying to justify it with that stupid coin they're adding. My guess is Lucius 2 is in it too since Shifty has been playing it recently, but we'll see.

Finally Lucious 2.....Can't wait to continue great gameplay from the first one such as babysitting Trump's kids or doing his dishes as the Son of Satan....wow, i'm all a-tingle!

Remember when Hatred was such a big controversy on video games blogs because it was rated AO (I think I'm thinking of the correct game)? Yeah no one really cares anymore cause the game looks pretty bad honestly. I do want to try it, but am not sure I want to gamble away $2.50 for it and 4 other games...

Remember when Hatred was such a big controversy on video games blogs because it was rated AO (I think I'm thinking of the correct game)? Yeah no one really cares anymore cause the game looks pretty bad honestly. I do want to try it, but am not sure I want to gamble away $2.50 for it and 4 other games...
You can have my copy if I end up buying the bundle. I'm still waiting for more reveals though.

Don't you have to like go on the AOL chat and run the !DoIown? command like 800 times with the other no life idiots who hang around there all day or some shit to try and play their stupid little scavenger hunt to figure out what's in their god damned bundle?

rqpM5Mu.png

This is the Poopies Halloween Bindle...You either get a Treat
happy_halloween_chick_by_chatgr.jpg

or a Trick
doolite1.gif

I'll let you figure out which one you'll get...

Don't you have to like go on the AOL chat and run the !DoIown? command like 800 times with the other no life idiots who hang around there all day or some shit to try and play their stupid little scavenger hunt to figure out what's in their god damned bundle?

rqpM5Mu.png
Actually, plenty of people seem to have time for that. We just have to check in later to see what they figure out.

I'd buy Hatred for $2.50 -- how sure are you guys?

Edit: Never mind, that art seems like a dead giveaway.

I'd buy Hatred for $2.50 -- how sure are you guys?

Edit: Never mind, that art seems like a dead giveaway.
Yeah, the dev said the game would be bundled again soon and then there's the obvious art. Pretty much confirmed.

poopeesdamned.png

Interesting stuff, yeah ok.
Interesting Stuff = Oh We fucked Up And Lost Another Game We Planned For A Bundle

Humble Capcom is one of the best bundles any site has ever come out with.
Amen.

I figure Hatred won't go lower than 75% off this sale cycle on Steam.  That would put it at $5.  Even if the other games in this bundle are trash (which they probably are), getting Hatred for $2.50 is fine.  Of course, a year from now it'll probably be in some $1 tier but... whatever.

bread's done
Back