GS/EB: Memorial Day Sale: Online Now! 5/26-6/17 Complete Ad Posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony 1337

CAG Veteran
CheapyD Edit:
Below are links to the complete ad. Sale starts Friday evening online and Saturday in stores. Check out those $5 UMDs!
Entire Ad

Online Offers:
Xbox 360 - Xbox
PS3 - PS2 - PSP - UMD
DS - GBA - GameCube
PC
Accessories
Trade-in offers

Here is a list of games that will be marked down in an upcoming Gamestop/EB Games sale.

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3060/sale1zk0.jpg

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8705/sale2nk8.jpg

Enjoy.

[quote name='reibeatall']Look at the first 2 digits of the SKUs.

16 = GBA
18 = DS
19 = PSP
20 = XB360
21 = Xbox
22 = GameCube
27 = PS3
28 = PS2
64 = PC
80 = Accessories.
[/quote]
Alpha list, thanks to CocheseUGA:
In Alpha order:

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children 25%

Game Boy Advance
Cars 25%
Castlevania Double Pack 50%
Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced 50%
Crash: Huge Adventure 64mb 3k EEPROm 25%
Crash/Spyro Superpack Purple + Orange 25%
Crash Superpack – Crash 2 + CNK 25%
Naruto II: Ninja Council 25%
Open Season 33%
Shrek 2/ Madagascar Bundle 25%
Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis 25%
Teen Titans 33%

Nintendo DS
Age of Empires 25%
Brain Boost Beta 25%
Brain Boost Gamma 25%
Cars 25%
Crash Boom Bang 25%
Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 25%
Flushed Away 25%
Open Season 25%
Phoenix Wright 33%
Sonic Rush 25%
Superman 25%
Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll 25%

Sony PSP
Activision Hits Remixed 25%
Armored Core: Formula Front 50%
Bust-a-Move Deluxe 60%
Cars 25%
Crash Tag Team Racing 50%
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 25%
Open Season 25%
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast 50%
PoPoLoCrois 50%
Sega Genesis Collection 25%
Sonic Rivals 25%
Worms: Open Warfare 25%

Xbox 360
Chromehounds 25%
Condemmed 33%
Fear 33%
Quake 4 50%

Xbox
25 to Life 25%
Bards Tale: Song of the Bard 50%
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat 50%
Capcom Classics Collection 25%
Cars 25%
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 50%
Counter Strike (PH) (BC) 50%
Crime Life: Gang Wars 50%
Destroy All Humans 50%
FIFA 07 50%
Fight Night Round 2 50%
Flatout (BC) 50%
GTA: San Andreas 25%
Harry Potter Goblet of Fire (BC) 50%
Hunter: The Reckoning Redeemer 50%
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 50%
Jaws Unleashed 25%
Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning 33%
Medal of Honor: European Assault (BC) 50%
NASCAR 2006: Total Team Control 60%
NASCAR 07 50%
NFS: Carbon 33%
Open Season 25%
Real World Golf 50%
Scarface 33%
Shattered Union 50%
Shrek 2/ Shark Tale Combo 25%
Sonic Heroes 33%
Soul Calibur II (PH) 50%
Spongebob: Lights, Camera, Pants! 50%
SSX 3 (PH) (BC) 33%
Superman (Returns?) 25%
Tiger Woods 07 50%
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush (PH) (BC) 33%

Gamecube
Cars 25%
Ed, Edd n Eddy 50%
Flushed Away 25%
Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life 50%
Legend of Spyro 33%
Naruto Clash of Ninja 50%
NFS: Most Wanted 33%
Open Season 25%
Sims 2: Pets 33%
Sonic Adventure DX: Director’s Cut 50%
Sonic Heroes 33%
Sonic Riders 50%

Playstation 3
Genji: Days of the Blade 25%
Full Auto 2 25%
NBA 07 25%
Playstation 2
24: The Game 50%
25 to Life 25%
Armored Core: Last Raven 50%
Blitz: the League 50%
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts 50%
Cars 25%
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 50%
Champions: Return to Arms 50%
Crash Nitro Kart (GH) 25%
Crash Tag Team Racing 50%
Crash Twinsanity 25%
Crash WOC 25%
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down 25%
Dragon Quest VIII 25%
Dynasty Warriors 5 50%
Ed, Edd n Eddy 50%
Family Feud 25%
Final Fantasy XII CE 25%
GTA: San Andreas 25%
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life SE 50%
History Channel Civil War 33%
Indigo Prophecy 50%
KOF 2006 50%
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude 25%
Need for Speed - ??? 50%
Masashi: Samauri Legend 50%
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks 50%
MX Unleashed 50%
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast 25%
Real World Golf 50%
RPG Maker III 50%
Rumble Roses 50%
Scarface 33%
Shadow the Hedgehog 50%
Sims 50%
Sonic Heroes 50%
Sonic Riders 50%
Sopranos 50%
Spider-Man 2 50%
Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom 50%
Spyro: A Hero’s Tail 25%
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly 25%
SSX Tricky 50%

PC
Condemmed 50%
Diablo II 50%
Diablo II Expansion 50%
Guild Wars Online: Nightfall 50%
King’s Quest Compliation 50%
Magic the Gathering: Battle Grounds (Permanent Markdown)
Medieval 2: Total War 25%
Movies, The 25%
Rise of Nations 75%
Sonic Heroes 50%
Space Quest Compliation 50%
StarCraft 50%
WarCraft III Expansion 50%

Accessories
DS/GBA Universal Mini Pak 50%
DS Lite Play Pak 33%
DS Pro Tec Kit 50%
PS2 NBA Controllers 50%
PS2 Wireless 2pack 50%
PS2 Wireless Guitar 33%
PS2 Wireless Guitar 33%
PS3 Component Cable 33%
PSP MS 2GB 50%
PSP Pro Tec Kit 50%
PSP Theatre Experience 50%
XB360 Charge Kit 50%
XB360 Component Cable 33%
XB360 Cooler 50%
XB360 DriveFX Logitech Wheel 33%
XB360 Inteligent Remote 50%
XB360 Multi-Hub 50%
Wii Component Cable 33%
Wii Fan Stand 50%
Wii Memory SD 2GB 50%
Wii Sports Pack 50%

Anybody hear about a B2G1 free sale going along with this? There's a CAG in the Deal Discussions who made a thread about one starting on this Sunday.

[quote name='Vinny']Anybody hear about a B2G1 free sale going along with this? There's a CAG in the Deal Discussions who made a thread about one starting on this Sunday.[/QUOTE]

if so... time to pile up. And yeah, I meant sandisk but said lexar.

Lucky for me there's a Gamestop a mile from EB. If neither one has the SC Battle Chest, I'll be pissed

And of course I'll blame qj.net :D

I bought Champions: Return to Arms new the other day at a local gamestop, I was pretty excited. I came home, and saw this list... bleh... luckily I didn't open it yet...

[quote name='LancerEvoX']I bought Champions: Return to Arms new the other day at a local gamestop, I was pretty excited. I came home, and saw this list... bleh... luckily I didn't open it yet...[/quote]

My Gamestop/Eb Games within 20 miles doesn't even have a used copy of Champions or DW 5 let alone new for the sale this Saturday.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']I bought Champions: Return to Arms new the other day at a local gamestop, I was pretty excited. I came home, and saw this list... bleh... luckily I didn't open it yet...[/quote]

How are EB Games/Gamestop stores about price-matching a change in their stores? I'd like to buy some of these games ahead of time and price-match after the sale starts, but I've never done it at EB/GS. I don't want it to be a big hassle.

[quote name='waxHead']How are EB Games/Gamestop stores about price-matching a change in their stores? I'd like to buy some of these games ahead of time and price-match after the sale starts, but I've never done it at EB/GS. I don't want it to be a big hassle.[/QUOTE]

You know, I don't really know, one of my friend who works at a different EB Games said they could do it but they don't like to since they lose money (well, this is for my case since I bought it without knowing). If worst comes to worse, I'll just return it and one of my other friends could buy it rofl.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']You know, I don't really know, one of my friend who works at a different EB Games said they could do it but they don't like to since they lose money (well, this is for my case since I bought it without knowing). If worst comes to worse, I'll just return it and one of my other friends could buy it rofl.[/quote]

I suppose you could just return the games and re-buy them, but that really seems like a pain in the ass.

[quote name='waxHead']How are EB Games/Gamestop stores about price-matching a change in their stores? I'd like to buy some of these games ahead of time and price-match after the sale starts, but I've never done it at EB/GS. I don't want it to be a big hassle.[/QUOTE]
We are supposed to stick all the games from the sale in the back room until Saturday, so chances are you won't find any of the games on the sales floor until Saturday.

[quote name='Sigma']We are supposed to stick all the games from the sale in the back room until Saturday, so chances are you won't find any of the games on the sales floor until Saturday.[/quote]

Regardless, what is EB/GS' policy about price-adjustments? Even if it's not for this particular sale, I'd like to know for future reference.

I hope that the new laser assembly for my xbox shows up this week. I'm itching for some Real World Golf, which got a decent score from IGN.

Nothing else really on that list though.

[quote name='waxHead']Regardless, what is EB/GS' policy about price-adjustments? Even if it's not for this particular sale, I'd like to know for future reference.[/quote]

They told me today that they will not price match / refund difference for these items as they are listed "While supplies last", odd but beleivable.

[quote name='waxHead']Regardless, what is EB/GS' policy about price-adjustments? Even if it's not for this particular sale, I'd like to know for future reference.[/QUOTE]
As long as it's within seven days of the original purchase you should be able to get a price adjustment.

[quote name='evanft']Castlevania Double Pack for $15 ain't bad, and neither is Tiger Woods 07 for the same price. Still, not as great as the B2G1F sale.[/quote]

Good luck finding Castlevania Double Pack...Hard one to track down

[quote name='MarioMania']Good luck finding Castlevania Double Pack...Hard one to track down[/QUOTE]

EB / GS's everywhere have received boxes upon boxes of restock for this sale.

[quote name='Sigma']As long as it's within seven days of the original purchase you should be able to get a price adjustment.[/QUOTE]
Not for new product. Price adjustments for used are generally a convenience because you could simply return/rebuy.

what are the chances of finding a rare game such as Castlevania Double pack? I think this thread has already been spreaded on other cheap gaming sites as fatwallet?

[quote name='CaoPi']what are the chances of finding a rare game such as Castlevania Double pack? I think this thread has already been spreaded on other cheap gaming sites as fatwallet?[/quote]

Lol. that's what i'm thinking...
I gave up my hopes around page 3-4 when someone annouced that this was on FW/SD....

Fake, remember that this happened twice allready in 2007. The beatbuy one in February, and the Frys on in January?

[quote name='madhive']Fake, remember that this happened twice allready in 2007. The beatbuy one in February, and the Frys on in January?[/QUOTE]
Umm, what's fake?

[quote name='guynextshore']Lol. that's what i'm thinking...
I gave up my hopes around page 3-4 when someone annouced that this was on FW/SD....[/QUOTE]

Is nobody even reading through this thread??

There is even a post by Sigma, at the top of the thread, that explained that his GS got in 4 or 5 boxes for this sale and they aren't supposed to put stuff out until Friday night after closing.

From the last page too:

Yeah, it's on Saturday. We have to close up on Friday and then stay later to put up all the signage for Saturday. And yes, we've been getting restocks, my store got about, uh, 5 or 6 boxes full of crap for this sale.

[quote name='MysterD']Will EB/GS be printing a nice sales flyer for this event?
And will they show the flyer online for this, too???[/quote] There already is a sales flyer. Theyre at the stores and basically list nearly everything off the list, only exception being Castlevania two pack but that should be on sale as well despite lack of advertising.

[quote name='CaoPi']what are the chances of finding a rare game such as Castlevania Double pack? I think this thread has already been spreaded on other cheap gaming sites as fatwallet?[/quote]

Slim, I'm going there on Sunday anyways to look...

But, they do that to get people to buy..I be surprised if they even have one copy of Castlevania Double Pack in, but that a maybe..What are the chances Castlevania Double Pack is in 6 boxes

[quote name='MarioMania']Slim, I'm going there on Sunday anyways to look...

But, they do that to get people to buy..I be surprised if they even have one copy of Castlevania Double Pack in, but that a maybe..What are the chances Castlevania Double Pack is in 6 boxes[/quote]

Pretty good for me... every one of the 21 gamestop stores within 10 miles of me show 1-3 in stock, and at least 3 show 4+. It's also in stock online, but that is irrelevant I guess...

And before anyone complains about the stock checker... in my area, only 1 store is continually wrong (but they are so disorganized they are a black mark to the chain... they cannot find games they have boxes out for) but otherwise it is 99% accurate for me.

Bummer is Sat. is my wife's birthday and we are going out of town :( No game buying for me that day, it appears.

Oh I'm ticked. They raised prices to take them down?

Earagon 360 is $39 on the site. Ad says "orginially $49, now $19.99"

Earagon is 60% off... I had been hoping, along with others, it would be $16...

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']Oh I'm ticked. They raised prices to take them down?

Earagon 360 is $39 on the site. Ad says "orginially $49, now $19.99"

Earagon is 60% off... I had been hoping, along with others, it would be $16...[/QUOTE]

According to the online ad Cheapy showed us, everything is 25 - 50% off, there is nothing higher than 50% off.

I think... I don't know, Rise of Nations is only $10 new now, so at 75% off it would $2.50... but instead, it's $4.99, which is either 75% off the old price, or 50% off the new price.

just a heads up.. i dunno if anyone pointed it out yet BUT....... pictured in the ad for PSP is Shin Budokai 2. Someone screwed up, could be a good score if they honor it

latz

According to the extra $20 hardware credit, GBA Micros *might* be worth $36 credit- if you got in on the $25 walmart deal there's some flippage there.

Quake 4 for 360 isn't in the ad, but according to the orginal post it is going for 50% off. Anyone know if it is still going to be on sale?

[quote name='moammo']just a heads up.. i dunno if anyone pointed it out yet BUT....... pictured in the ad for PSP is Shin Budokai 2. Someone screwed up, could be a good score if they honor it

latz[/quote]

They sent an e-mail to stores today about this. It's an error and not at that price. They shouldn't honor it, but you could be a prick and make them. (Not aiming that at anybody specific, just saying raise enough hell and anything can happen.)

Also, they messed up on Eragon, it's only 50%, not 60% as originally priced. This was in the same e-mail.

The price for Rise of Nations is the same amount... it WAS $19.99 at 75% off, now it's $9.99 at 50% off.

availability around me is sky high! Even on RPG maker, Castlevania double pack, and starcraft battle chest...

oh Gamestop, you've been holding out on us on some rare titles....

i have notice a coupon in this sale ad for an extra $20 in trade in credit when trading in hardware!!!!

is this just systems, or could i trade in my usb keyboard and get the extra $20

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']availability around me is sky high! Even on RPG maker, Castlevania double pack, and starcraft battle chest...

oh Gamestop, you've been holding out on us on some rare titles....[/quote]

Yep. My store's got EVERY game on that list, and multiples of them. I think the only one we don't have many of is DQ8. We've got 2 or 3.

We've got something like 15 Pheonix Wright's, 12 Return to Arms, 7 RPG Makers, 10 Castlevania Double Packs. I'm going to like this sale.

dammit availability still sucks around here. All I want is the castlevania double pack, but only one store near me has it and only 1-3. I hope I can get one

[quote name='VWKILLER1983']i have notice a coupon in this sale ad for an extra $20 in trade in credit when trading in hardware!!!!

is this just systems, or could i trade in my usb keyboard and get the extra $20[/QUOTE]

just systems

im interested in PS2 games...

the only ones that seem to tickle my nipples are:

Castlevania: COD
Musashi
Indigo P

Other than that ........

Good, my gamestop have DW5 and Champions instock. Out of curiosity, I called my 2 Gamestops asking if they have them. Both store told me that the games have been discontinued and they will never have any.
Are they just lying or just being dicks like most Gamestop employees?

[quote name='wizzyx3']Good, my gamestop have DW5 and Champions instock. Out of curiosity, I called my 2 Gamestops asking if they have them. Both store told me that the games have been discontinued and they will never have any.
Why are they lying?[/quote]

Yes and no.

The games ARE discontinued, and are listed as such in our computers. When they become discontinued, we no longer get new ones in the store. This sale is simply an anamoly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back