GS Power Up reward coupon - LA Noire, Black Ops, NCAA 12 for 19.99 YMMV

arsenalcrazy8

CAGiversary!
dealn.png
I looked around and could not find this deal...so apologies if its a repost.

I rarely ...in fact almost never check my power up rewards account, but I randomly did today and in active offers, there was a coupon for your choice of LA noire, Black Ops, or NCAA 12 for 19.99 NEW. (PS3 or 360). I am very confused about this, since I have not bought anything from gamestop in over a month, and Ive literally done nothing to get this. AND it seems something OVERLY generous for Gamestop to do... its almost as if this is a trade in deal...but NOWHERE on the coupon does it say anything about having to trade in games.

So there you have it...check your accounts and see if you get one. If Im retarded and I got this deal wrong, speak up since I have no idea how I got this.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/dealn.png/

Thats what the offer looks like...like I said...its almost as if it wants you to tradein games...but nowhere does it tell you to do that...
THe actualy coupon doesnt say anything either. Cant post that cause it has its own bar code and its limit one per person.

UPDATE: this seems to actually be a mistake on GS's part. This coupon doesnt say anything about having to trade in games...but apparently that is what it was meant for. Either way some people are still getting away with it, so try your luck...see if it works. AT this point it is a botched coupon and therefore EXTREMELY YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually surprised no one has seen this yet...

I received an email regarding this deal and it had a link to the specific games that are eligible. Don't get me wrong though, its a much better deal without the trades... Here's their list:

Wii-

Call of Duty Black Ops
Cars 2
The Conduit 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
FIFA Soccer 2011
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
Hasbro Family Game Night 1 & 2
Just Dance
Just Dance 2
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Sports Mix
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Michael Jackson: The Experience
NASCAR 2011
One Piece Unlimited Adventure
Pokemon Battle Revolution
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Tiger Woods 12: The Masters
Transformers: Dark of the Moon Stealth Force Edition
uDraw Studio with uDraw Tablet
WWE All-Stars
Zumba Fitness: Join the Party

PS3-

Alice: Madness Returns
Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel
Borderlands Game of the Year Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Juarez: The Cartel
Captain America: Super Soldier
Cars 2
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
Crysis 2
Dirt 3
Dragon Age 2
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
Duke Nukem Forever
Dungeon Siege III
Dynasty Warriors 7
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3
FEAR 3
FIFA Soccer 2011
Fight Night Champion
Gran Turismo 5
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete
Green Lantern: Rise Manhunters
Harry Potter Deathly Hall
Homefront
Hunted: Demon's Forge
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Infamous 2
Killzone 3
L.A. Noire
LEGO Star Wars III: Clone Wars
Little Big Planet 2
Major League Baseball 2K11
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
Mass Effect 2
MLB 2011: The Show
Mortal Kombat
MotorStorm: Apocalypse
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
NASCAR 2011
NCAA Football 2012
NHL 2011
Operation Flashpoint: Red River
Portal 2
Record of Agarest War Zero
Red Dead Redemption
Red Faction: Armageddon
Shadows of the Damned
Shift 2 Unleashed
Sniper: Ghost Warrior
SOCOM 4 MVC
Star Wars Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Virtua Tennis 4
Warriors: Legends of Troy
WWE All-Stars
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011

Xbox 360-

Alice: Madness Returns
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Borderlands Game of the Year Edition
Call of Duty Black Ops
Call of Duty: The War Collection
Call of Juarez The Cartel
Captain America: Super Soldier
Carnival Games: Monkey See, Monkey Do
Cars 2
Child of Eden
Crysis 2
Dance Central
Destroy All Humans: Path of Furon
Dirt 3
Dragon Age 2
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
Duke Nukem Forever
Dungeon Siege III
Dynasty Warriors 7
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition
FEAR 3
FIFA Soccer 2011
Fight Night Champion
First Templar
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters
Halo Reach
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
Hunted: Demon's Forge
Kinect Sports
Kinectimals KNR
Kung Fu Panda 2 KNR
L.A. Noire
LEGO Star Wars III: Clone Wars
Major League Baseball 2K11
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
Mortal Kombat
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
NASCAR 2011
NCAA Football 2012
NHL 2011
Operation Flashpoint: Red River
Portal 2
Record of Agarest War Zero
Red Dead Redemption
Red Faction: Armageddon
Shadows of the Damned
Shift 2 Unleashed
Star Wars Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
UFC Personal Trainer
Wipeout: In the Zone
WWE All-Stars
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011
Your Shape Fitness Evolved
Zumba Fitness: Join Party

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Lol, that's how it's done.[/QUOTE]
Damn right. I used to do this during the tiered trade promos to get to the max level to maximize what I was making on the 1-2 games I wanted to trade in.;)

The guys at my local GS allowed me to use the coupon without any trade-ins. I picked up NCAA12 for $19.99 plus tax. Great deal and great staff.

Got shot down trying to get LA Noire without trades... Took them 15 mins to find the list of games I needed to trade in too, geez!

[quote name='technicalstylez']checked my powerup rewards acct and no LA noire coupon for me...BUT..i did get a "trade 2 get 1 free coupon". anyone else get one of these? it says the free game can be $54.99 or less. kinda lame though cuz i just traded all the games i wanted to get rid of. guess ill double check the back log..[/QUOTE]

I actually received the same coupon about a week ago. In the "fine print", you trade 2 from the given lists and you can choose a new game at 59.99 or less, used game at 54.99 or less, or even apply it to a preorder of the same price. Serious WTF, but I applied it to a preorder.

[quote name='PlowK1NG']I checked my account, I didn't receive any coupons.[/QUOTE]

Be sure to check under "Active Offers" under the "My Account" tab. Mine is:

"Get $25 For Your Trade Guaranteed

Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid 7/20 – 7/31/11"

I used it today and the part that is not specified in the coupon is it needs to be a trade in worth over $10 and will then boost it up to $25. My cashier is going to email corporate since we had so much trouble trying to figure out the unspecified details.

Worked out well for me. I went to BB, picked up Uncharted 2 GOTY for $20 opened it and kept the DLC voucher for my original copy at home. Took it next door to GS where it was boosted up to $25 from $14 AC - then PUR stacked as well as the extra 50% toward a used item. I grabbed the 360 Sega Tennis/Arcade Bundle 2-Pack for $2.99. After PUR applied, I walked out with $37.31 credit on my card - and the 2-pk. Essentially, w/the 50% promo, they paid me $10 to take the games - LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, the cashier next to me had a customer w/a different offer "Trade in 2 and have your Pre-Order paid off". Not sure about the details, but it added over $30 to his TIV. Both cashiers were surprised at the result.

i don't have any of these coupons. the trade 2 get your pre-order paid off sounds interesting. I wonder if there is anything that could be flipped. I hope I get one of these coupons...

Dumb question but can you print the coupon that is on earlier pages and make it work??? has anybody tried this and had any luck???

[quote name='joshxx']Dumb question but can you print the coupon that is on earlier pages and make it work??? has anybody tried this and had any luck???[/QUOTE]

Coupons have individual barcodes - so no.

[quote name='MrSoloLobo']I woulda totally bought a copy and taken it to Walmart for 60 bucks credit. But sadly no coupon :([/QUOTE]

Fraudlent activity is frowned upon NOOB

[quote name='sassylaurie']Fraudlent activity is frowned upon NOOB[/QUOTE]

frowned upon... but happening in full force.

[quote name='Meatyflakes']wtf...all I have is a coupon for a free P'Zone with any purchase....[/QUOTE]

Same here.

To get the P'Zone you have to make a purchase at GS in store or through their website from now to August 6th and join the Pizza Hut lovers email group and then you have to order something from Pizza Hut online to use the coupon.

Yeah, you're still paying for a pizza.. and I think it's carryout only. Also, there's a few gems you can trade in for a free new game (@ $60) or a free pre-order, vanilla MvC3 is on the list (that expires today) and Borderlands: GotY. Those are the two I would trade in as you can imagine how abysmal the TIV is and how cheap it'd be to rebuy them, but I don't have the fucking coupon.

Edit: People have discussed the Trade 2, Get A Free $60 Game/Pre-Order in other threads. At least I have.

*joins whining/begging train* I was going to go to GS again today anyways. Also, I'm pretty sure this deal is only good for 1 per account, even with different coupons.

I have around 9k points and haven't gotten a single "random" coupon. Oh, and those who want Madden '12, there's some GS promo that you can trade NCAA '12 in for $30 towards a Madden '12 pre-order. Not sure of NCAA '12's TIV currently, but this promo won't expire tomorrow unlike the +50% on pre-owned crap one. I'm just happy I got LA Noire/BlOps for around $20 anyways.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']To get the P'Zone you have to make a purchase at GS in store or through their website from now to August 6th and join the Pizza Hut lovers email group and then you have to order something from Pizza Hut online to use the coupon.[/QUOTE]

In for 0. Shipping kills the deal. Maybe I'll sign up for a Pizza Hut Prime membership trial, get free 2-day shipping, then cancel my membership within 30 days.

Huh, membership just ran out today...I'll probably wait until I know I can use the B2G1 coupon. They need to have a way you can just renew/upgrade online (unless I'm just missing it).

[quote name='sassylaurie']Fraudlent activity is frowned upon NOOB[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I figured it was a way to get money and get more games for less because I am a cheap ass gamer.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']i have nothing, and never have had anything in active offers. and i give gamestop a large chunk of my business. oh well[/QUOTE]
This. I have a strange feeling that the people getting the special coupons are those who never use their account, in an attempt to drum up business, in the same way the PS3 coupons were seemingly only showing up for people who'd never bought any PS3 items. I've never gotten any of them, and I shop there quite a bit :/

[quote name='aptanor']This. I have a strange feeling that the people getting the special coupons are those who never use their account, in an attempt to drum up business, in the same way the PS3 coupons were seemingly only showing up for people who'd never bought any PS3 items. I've never gotten any of them, and I shop there quite a bit :/[/QUOTE]
I thought the PS3 coupon was weird because I got one and I had already bought 2 PS3s from GS before as well as buying games there all the time. I literally had no use for a coupon.

bread's done
Back