GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dragonjud']You need the charger (and battery). That's all they require.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. I was about to call my local store before heading out. One less time waiting on hold.

[quote name='Halo05']Thanks man. I was about to call my local store before heading out. One less time waiting on hold.[/QUOTE]

All the information about system trade-ins could be found in the OP :).

traded these in before the 50% ended yesterday. Now they are promoting the 10,20,40 % till Dec 26

Need for Speed Undercover 360 $4
Burnout Paradise 360 $4
BlazBlue Continuum Shift $9

TIV for 12/20/10

:360: Ninety Nine Nights 1.50
:360: Beautiful Katamari 9.00
:360: Naruto Rise of a Ninja 2.50
:360: Blue Dragon 1.50
:360: Crackdown 1.50
:360: DJ Hero (Game Only) 3.00

They apparently do not take turntables as trade-ins anymore.

Traded these in yesterday

All Xbox 360 (Base value)
NFS: Hot Pursuit $15
Band Hero- $4
The Sims 3- $18
NBA Jam- $ 16

I could have made a little bit more on Amazon, but I have no credit on there but have some at GameStop. I'm trying to save for the 3DS =D

Why don't you folks sell your games on craigslist. When you make a sale have them meet you at your house and have the AK ready.

JK, about the weapon. Ive sold many games on craigslist, never had problems and i get a better return, or you can trade games with some one else. Cut the middle man type services like Goozex and do it yourself.

I've tried Craigslist several times, a lot of times they flake on you or try to lower your asking price by a lot in the bay area. When it works though, its a good deal =D

[quote name='dserafin1986']Sonic Colors Wii - TIV Base = $17 unfortunately...Total rip off IMO[/QUOTE]
Thanks... well maybe it'll stack well with the extra 50% :/

[quote name='FriscoDude']I've tried Craigslist several times, a lot of times they flake on you or try to lower your asking price by a lot in the bay area. When it works though, its a good deal =D[/QUOTE]

You have the right to say no, but some people ask 50 for a new used copy, i have my own selling rules. New games im done with playing ill sell for max 40$-35$ even if i bought it for 60$.

Its still better than what you can get at Gamestop.

You started post-Xmas shopping 5 days before Xmas? Man, you are really proactive.

TIVs 12/20/10:
:wii: Gold's Gym Cardio Workout 6.00
:360: Enslaved 11.00
:360: Overlord II 3.00
:ps3: Red Faction: Guerilla 3.00
:ps3: Madden 10 0.75 (!!!)
:360: Crackdown 1.50

I was dismayed at the Madden TIV. I've had some clerks point out crap values before to ask if I really want to trade it, but this guy just gave me a total. Guess long lines do that. I don't care to make the time to try and sell it for a more reasonable price, so I just went with it.

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but did anyone else receive their second B2G1 free coupon from PUR? Got an email a few days ago saying that one has been added to my "Active Offers", but nothing is showing up when I log on to their site.

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but did anyone else receive their second B2G1 free coupon from PUR? Got an email a few days ago saying that one has been added to my "Active Offers", but nothing is showing up when I log on to their site.

about a week after i first signed up i received 2 coupons under active offers. i used both of them and am tempted to try using them again as they just sit there wanting to be used again.

Some gamestops I hit up said 7 days after christmas return policy on used games so ymmv. I'm pretty sure corporate told us 7 days but if you are just exchanging then those monkeys will be more lenient

[quote name='n1c0']Not sure if this is the place to ask, but did anyone else receive their second B2G1 free coupon from PUR? Got an email a few days ago saying that one has been added to my "Active Offers", but nothing is showing up when I log on to their site.[/QUOTE]

Same situation for me. I got the email as well, but after checking active offers, it wasnt there.

[quote name='steve nash']Some gamestops I hit up said 7 days after christmas return policy on used games so ymmv. I'm pretty sure corporate told us 7 days but if you are just exchanging then those monkeys will be more lenient[/QUOTE]

thanks. though I wanted to "rent" some games and get through during the Christmas weekend :D

[quote name='Gamer SDP']thanks. though I wanted to "rent" some games and get through during the Christmas weekend :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for abusing the system and trying to ruin it for everyone. At least keep it as part of a b2g1f

[quote name='steve nash']Thanks for abusing the system and trying to ruin it for everyone. At least keep it as part of a b2g1f[/QUOTE]

how exactly am I ruining it for anyone?
I am not hording copies to flip, decreasing tiv across different markets or anything. besides a few days extra on top of the 7 day return window isn't much of a difference for returning a used game.

[quote name='steve nash']Thanks for abusing the system and trying to ruin it for everyone. At least keep it as part of a b2g1f[/QUOTE]
Why is everyone on this site such a bitch? Mind your own business.

lol i don't think this is a big deal. a few months back a friend of mine went to buy some games, and one of them was darksiders. as the clerk was ringing him up, he told my friend that the game was short and he could probably beat it in a couple days, and to just return it within 7 days and get something else.

[quote name='Distrato']Why is everyone on this site such a bitch? Mind your own business.[/QUOTE]

It became everyone's business when it was posted on the internet.

For the record, when you abuse the return policy as such, not only does it threaten its use for those of us who are grown-up enough to use it properly, they will blacklist you.

As of 12/21:

Nintendo DS
Princess and the Frog $5
Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes $5

Xbox 360
Dead to Rights Retribution $8
Lost Planet 2 $6
Aliens vs Predator $6

PS3
Lost Planet 2 $6
God of War 3 $4
NBA Jam $16
Smackdown vs Raw 2010 $5

[quote name='Donut2922']As of 12/21:

Nintendo DS
Princess and the Frog $5
Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes $5

Xbox 360
Dead to Rights Retribution $8
Lost Planet 2 $6
Aliens vs Predator $6

PS3
Lost Planet 2 $6
God of War 3 $4
NBA Jam $16
Smackdown vs Raw 2010 $5
[/QUOTE]
Hm that LP2 TIV's pretty good, considering what you can buy it for now.

Xbox S 4GB - $110

I had some extra cables she kind of stuck me on but two bucks wasn't going to make any difference. $135 is frankly more than I was expecting, helloooo B2G1.

Anyone know if this 10/20/40 percent thing is going to continue after the 26th? Been waiting for a trade 3 and get 10 extra back again.

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Next Trade Promo is
50% on any next gen systems traded in.

trade 3 get 10 trade 5 get 20 TIV must be 2.01 or greater.

Trade a hot title towards a hot title and get that title for 24.99

Donkey Kong Country Returns
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Call of DUty Black Ops
Halo Reach
Kirby's Epic Yarn and a few others.[/QUOTE]

Just received.

Also, updated lists and database.

[quote name='Flame Killa']...Why do you get less for a wireless then a wired...?[/QUOTE]

Wired controllers are quite popular with those that also game on their PC.

Wireless are also more abundant.

[quote name='JP']Just received.

Also, updated lists and database.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for posting this before Sunday. Know I have to decide which promo to use.

Is it possible to use a powerup rewards coupon over and over again? I cashed in my points for a $10 off preowned coupon used it when I log in the coupon is still in my active offers.

[quote name='CGH']Is it possible to use a powerup rewards coupon over and over again? I cashed in my points for a $10 off preowned coupon used it when I log in the coupon is still in my active offers.[/QUOTE]

Nope. When you try to use a 2nd one at a store, it will come up already used.

Thanks.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Nope. When you try to use a 2nd one at a store, it will come up already used.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FriscoDude']I've tried Craigslist several times, a lot of times they flake on you or try to lower your asking price by a lot in the bay area. When it works though, its a good deal =D[/QUOTE]
That's my main issue with selling on Craigslist is the flakes and the lowballers. I don't even bother telling them off anymore, I just delete all their emails and ignore any future emails from them. Worst experience ever was trying to sell a $200+ GS EDGE/gift card last year. The one douchebag offered me like $50 for it. I told him I'd rather melt the card down and snort the hot plastic than sell for that price.:bomb:
[quote name='n1c0']Not sure if this is the place to ask, but did anyone else receive their second B2G1 free coupon from PUR? Got an email a few days ago saying that one has been added to my "Active Offers", but nothing is showing up when I log on to their site.[/QUOTE]
Second B2G1 coupon? I was the first person in my area to convert over to the PUR card from EDGE and they only ever gave me ONE, which is still sitting under my 'active offers' section even though I used it.:bomb:

Curious if they'll extend the hardware bonus - I have my niece's old Xbox 360 in hand and was planning on heading out today to trade it in, that is until the snow came. Now half of North Carolina is shut down, including both Gamestops here in Greenville. (offer ends today)

That second B2G1 coupon might be a birthday offer. I've been trying to figure out what it is, but my birthday isn't until the 24th of January. We'll see :p

[quote name='dramasetter929']I got a quick questions, does game stop accept PSP 1000 that's not working properly? Also , will I be able to trade in a third party memory? card[/QUOTE]
They might. But they'll probably knock the TIV down to a nominal amount. As for the third party memory card, what system is it for? The PSP? I thought the PSP took any flash memory cards.

I swung by GS with my friend today and they were accepting 3DS pre-orders in the system. I believe the item code is 020132. It is a $50 minimum deposit, but no information on final cost and a general release date of April 2011. Just a quick heads up for those interested.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They might. But they'll probably knock the TIV down to a nominal amount. As for the third party memory card, what system is it for? The PSP? I thought the PSP took any flash memory cards.[/QUOTE]
The memory stick is for the PSP, but it's not Sony branded, its Lexar

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back